a odd observment - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

a odd observment - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

a odd observment

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

a odd observment - Page 2 Empty Re: a odd observment

Post by James Rosier Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:13 pm

He asked me why there was no Voldie first :b I said you killed him :b
James Rosier
James Rosier
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 356
Special Abilities : Animagus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelani Bittel Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:21 am

From what I've been able to infer from the books, Voldemort kept the Death Eaters in check by keeping them off balance with infighting and scheming.

I imagine once he was killed there would either be complete chaos, or at least a wide pool of contenders for leadership status. Anyone with a serious claim would have to be able offer something to the other Death Eaters.

Also, the fact that your character defected to the Order somewhat undermines his credibility. If this RP was in any way realistic, he would be long dead by now.

If you really want to take over as leader of the Death Eaters, you should probably concentrate on proving you'd be good at it, instead of saying how "powerful" your character is over and over and over. We've heard that plenty of times before.
Caelani Bittel
Caelani Bittel
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 469
Special Abilities : unforgivables

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:34 am

hehe dont worry im going to be doing that and less of the power. and where do i say how powerfull he is? Maybe in RP i do since thats his personality but thats it.
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 5547
Special Abilities : Wandless magic, Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelani Bittel Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:11 am

It thought that's what you were trying to imply with this topic. That your character was the most powerful after Voldemort and should therefore be the leader of the Death Eaters.

I think we should also let Sandra's plot play out. If you read her threads, she seems to have some long term ideas that she's putting into action.
Caelani Bittel
Caelani Bittel
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:27 am

I think you misunderstanding the reason why i placed this topic is not because i brought it up but a PM someone sent me did. Was just getting peoples opinions. and i wont deny that Ne'Os killing voldy was luck at best. And if she dosent have long term plans we go back to where we were a couple months ago Very Happy
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelani Bittel Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:05 am

Yes, I did see that.

So really, you just wanted to make sure the rest of us were happy with the way things are, then? You wanted to verify that we weren't all secretly wishing your character was in charge?

And if we said we did want Ne'os in charge, you would selflessly put yourself in that position for the good of the site, would you?
Caelani Bittel
Caelani Bittel
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:16 am

No i was just posting to get peoples general opinion on it. If you don't like that i did it then don't post you could complain to a admin though i doubt they will care since i'm not breaking the rules.

So Selwyn i think you should stop posting in here your posts are starting to get more and more impolite as we go.

Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelani Bittel Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:21 am

I'm not being rude; I'm asking a valid question because I want to make sure I don't misinterpret your intent.

If you think I'm being impolite, that's because you were already feeling defensive when you read my post.

What I'd really like to know is if you consider being head of the death eaters is a service to the site or a service to your character. I'm asking because I've done it, and being in that position isn't easy. You have no real power, the other death eater characters choose to listen or not listen to yours on their whim, and organising anything is nigh on impossible.

What the Death Eaters need more than a leader is a group of people who are willing to fight for the current leader. So if you want to help the site, you'd do better to make your character Sandra's ally.
Caelani Bittel
Caelani Bittel
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Majere Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:39 pm

Your character killed Voldy, but it was luck, your not more powerful than him so don't get confused. Besides, your characters a traitor and Death Eaters kill them. Realistically, you should be dead by now, since you betrayed both the order and the Death Eaters and have nowhere to go. Razz
Vincent Majere
Vincent Majere

Number of posts : 836

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:32 pm

Harry Potter killed/defeated Lord Voldemort correct? So why didn't they make him head DE? Because he killed their master, that's why, you joining the order, mixed with killing their leader, and fighting them on several occasions makes it foolish to think the DEs would take you as head.

*And off i go for the day. bye all*
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: