Basic Level - Class 10 - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Basic Level - Class 10 - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Basic Level - Class 10

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Basic Level - Class 10 - Page 2 Empty Re: Basic Level - Class 10

Post by Aurora Nye Wed May 05, 2010 9:57 pm

Aurora looked as the new girl entered. muggleborn she thought. She wasnt relieved to see someone else was a muggleborn around here but eh she would deal with it. Standing up, she grabbed her wand and levitated her crutches to her. She caught them and moved to a desk at the back of the room.
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 2250
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Fri May 07, 2010 9:08 pm

''Good morning to the lot. Today's exam day and I know how thrilled you all are. Since you are still basic level students, I won't t speak to you about the life lesson you will learn during my classes. When you start attending my N.E.W.T. classes, which you hopefully won't, you shall see that those classes become more difficult and, with their educational purpose, they will have a life lesson, a lesson that will prepare you for the terror that life hold for each one of you. But, more on that during your next years. Now, today's exam will be a written, a standard question and answer exam and you will get graded depending on your answers. You answers my all be correct, but you may not get an O. I want eloquence, knowledge and meaningful answers, not those short ones. You will be presented with 10 questions which you will answer and hand me the paper. When everyone does their tasks, you will get the results. Good luck, I suppose, but I doubt luck will help you.'', he said.

1. Can a Boggart be enchanted to look like something you want? How and why?

2. What do we need to make Wolfsbane potion?

3. How does Wolsbane potion taste? How can we neutralize that taste?

4. What do you do when you meet a Werewolf?

5. What type of creature can you meet in the German Black Forest?

6. They are afraid, but not of humans or anything similar! What are they?

7. Manticore + A = B? What are A and B?

8. What happened to the guy that killed a Chimaera?

9. Why is it almost impossible to kill a Manticore and a Chimaera?

10. Which of the creatures we have mentioned can produce the biggest amount of ''children''?

(So... the questions are those, simple, but tricky in some parts. Now, what you have to do. You will send me the answers via PM... meaning that no one will see how you have answered. Be eloquent. Results will be published here on Monday, meaning that you have a deadline until May 10. And that is it. Good luck to everyone :-D)
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Nye Fri May 07, 2010 10:27 pm

Aurora finished her exam and turned it in. She then asked the professor something, "Professor, Could you please tutor me so i can catch up with the rest of the class?" She usually wouldnt ask something like that of a teacher but she didnt know much other people to go to.
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 2250
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 07, 2010 11:10 pm

Grace staired at the paper infront of her. she knew none of the answers. infact this was the first class she attented. she had know idea what she was supose to do. but after what seemed a long long time she got up and turned in her paper
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Elyssa Llewellyn Sat May 08, 2010 7:24 am

Elyssa took the paper and saw that she didn't even know the half of it. She wrote down what she know and guessed the others. She's not even prepared for this. I'll hate myself if I fail this. she thought. How can I be so rude not to study harder she kept blaming herself as she answered the paper. And on the last question, she scribbled her answer on the parchment. She didn't even dare to check it because she knew there's nothing she could do with it. She marched forward and handed her paper and then marched back down to her seat looking disgusted to herself about what she had done.
Elyssa Llewellyn
Elyssa Llewellyn

Number of posts : 215

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Sat May 08, 2010 9:24 am

She looked at the paper, not knowing what to say. Of course she didn't want to fail the exams, she loved the education, but it was also her fault that she started learning for all of it too late. As she looked aruond, she could see that she wasn't the only one who was nervous. Although, she could see that James Wake was most likely enjoying the exams. Then she turned her eyes back at the parchment, and took the quill.
When she finished, she didn't check the answers. She'll give the best joy to Wilson. Finally, she stood up and went to the Wilson's table, but the parchment on it, and came back on her place, where she sat down.
Miseria Lupin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Firethorn Sat May 08, 2010 2:02 pm

Andrew looked over the questions and his mind went blank. All the readings in the books he had done had perhaps been in vain. He knew better than this, he felt, but he wasn't sure where all that book knowledge had gone when he looked at the questions. Suddenly he felt even smaller and more vulnerable than he usually felt, and he never liked that feeling. In fact, vulnerability was one emotion that usually made Andrew angry. He didn't like feeling like someone could "get to" him. He took a deep breath, making himself settle before setting into attempt to answer the questions.

He did his best, but what the heck did the Professor expect? He was just a freaking little 11 year old kid, who had not even been to but a handful of classes. He decided he didn't like how exams made him feel. He looked around and saw some of the older kids struggling with the same test that was before him. He started writing answers on the parchment--the best answers his little childlike brain could come up with.

He spent extra time on it, trying to make his brain work, but he finally turned in his paper, not knowing if he'd gotten enough of it right to satisfy the requirements. He returned to his seat and just waited.
Colin Firethorn
Colin Firethorn
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Mon May 10, 2010 8:28 pm

Elijah looked at the test questions and bit his lip. He had no idea but he’d give them a go as best he could. He was really starting to regret skipping classes because there was no way he was prepared. Biting his lip he picked up his quill and dipped it in the inkwell. He doodled a picture of Nachash chasing Wilson in the top corner and smirked before writing his name in the opposite corner. From there he began to slowly answer the questions, stumbling a bit on the last ones but he was making his way through them progressively and quite well from his point of view considering everything. He finished after a while and looked down at the paper. He took his wand out and charmed the doodle of Nachash chasing Wilson, making them run down in a boarder shape around the test questions and answers. He smirked to himself and quickly made it invisible before tucking his wand away and getting up. Eli put the test on top of the others on the desk and sat back down in his seat.
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Tue May 11, 2010 7:21 pm

RESULTS:

Elijah Krum: 10,5/16 - A
Miseria Manson-Lupin: 9/16 - A
Andrew Diamond: 12/16 - E
Elyssa Llewellyn: 9/16 - A
James Wake: T
Abbey Dawn: T
Aurora Nye: 4/16 - D
Natalie Weasley: 12/16 - E
Grace Tempest: 6/16 - D

I have to say I am a little disappointed, but still. What Can we do. Question number 9 had 3 possible points, questions 3, 5, 7 & 8 had 2 points and the rest had 1 point, which makes 16 in total. You had to have 90% do get an O, 70% to get an E and 50% to pass. Poor was awarded to those that managed to collect 40%, D to the ones with 20% and the rest got T's. And that is. Class dismissed.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top