Am i doing this right?
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Am i doing this right? Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Am i doing this right?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Am i doing this right? Empty Am i doing this right?

Post by Aurora Nye Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:25 am

O U T O F C H A R A C T E R
Name: (Or alias if you prefer.) Hermione Granger
How you found Potter's Army: (If your answer is Google, what you searched would be nice.)my brother showed me on google i dont know what he searched
Any other characters on Potter's Army: (Be honest. There is no character limit, just let us know how many you have.) nope
Have your read the Plot?: (please do Razz) yes
Have your read the Must read threads?: (Again, please do. For your own benefit) yes

B A S I C I N F O R M A T I O N
Am i doing this right? Hermione-Granger7
Name: (Self-explanatory, include nicknames if you wish.) Hermione ( nickname Hermy)
Race: (Human/Werewolf/Half-Giant) Human
Blood Status: (Pureblood/Half-blood/Muggle-born.) Muggle-born
Year AND Age: (Must coincide, eg. 11 and first year. Graduates just post age.) I dont know.... i guess 11 and first year
Preferred houses: (Canons state one, graduates state ex-house and originals state two - if an original character states one you might not get it. Sixth year girls please say if you would prefer Hufflepuff or Gryffindor as we have no more room in Slytherin and Ravenclaw.) any house is fine
Canon or Original: (Self-explanatory.) canon
Play-by: (Optional, but recommended. Remember to check the face claim to make sure you're celebrity isn't already taken.) i dont know what this means

A P P E A R A N C E
Height: (You can put tall/short if you're not familiar with measurements.) avarage
Hair: (Colour, straight/curly, etc.) brown, crly
Eye colour: (Self-explanatory.) blue
Skin: (Self-explanatory.) peach
General Appearance: (One paragraph.) Hermione Granger has long brown curly hair.
P E R S O N A L I T Y
Skills: (Minimum 3. List form is fine.)
- Reading
- Every subject ( in muggle and wizard school)
- punching
Weaknesses: (Minimum 3. List form is fine.)
None that i know of
Reading
Every subject.
Taking lots of classes
Dislikes: (Minimum 3. List form is fine.)
I dont know aout this one
Motto: (Optional.) Keep moving forward ( from a movie and part of something walt disney said)
General Personality: (One paragraph.) Hermione loves taking classes. She takes so many classes that she barely has time for anything else. When hermione has free time she reads or does homework.

Short Roleplay: (Whatever your normal roleplay length is, don't do it extra-long or extra-short especially for this application. You can skip this if it's not your first character.)
Hermione walked up to the arithmacy classroom, to find alot of noise. " Please be quiet!" the teacher said, " It is time to start todays lesson!" Hermione looked around the classroom as the professor spoke. As soon as she heard a question she shot up her hand as fast as lightning and spoke the answer. When class was over hermione caught up with her friends and walked to lunch.
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 2250
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Am i doing this right? Empty Re: Am i doing this right?

Post by Raphael Stravos Valentine Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:10 am

Play-by means is the person either an actor or actress is chosen to play your character identity. Emma Watson is taken.
Raphael Stravos Valentine
Raphael Stravos Valentine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 1898
Special Abilities : Telepathy

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:27 am

Yeah, and so is Hermione Granger actually.
Look for it in the members. Hermione Granger Weasley.
Guess that it's better for you to change the name into another, create a canon character and edit the application.
Miseria Lupin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:29 pm

Miseria, I think what you saw when you looked at the members was Hermione's name, but it was gray. A gray name means it's either a ghost or inactive. Plus I think this Hermione already reserved the Hermione in the canon claims section. Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:43 pm

This is a Post-Potter era site so Hermione would roughly be 42/43 depending on the time frame. May I suggest having a look at the Canons List? There are quite a few canons left for taking (:
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:26 pm

Okay guys let the girl breath i'll take care of this.

Out of Character Name means your name or alias in real life.
Now moving to in character.

Name: Hermione (Granger) Weasley
Year and Age: 39 (She is a canon here which means she is following the plot by age)
Prefered Houses: Ex, Gryffindor
Play by (any celebrity actress,singer...) in meaning you can choose any that's not already on this list https://www.pottersarmy.net/claims-f149/face-claims-t6640.htm

Apperance:
That one is generally based on celebrity apperance you choose.
General Apperance: Requires a paragraph which is 5,6 lines.So there you can put her hair length, colour, style, eye colour, height, skin, what she likes to wear or doesn't like to wear. You can add something like she has sharp eyes for example just for length sake. And anything else that comes to your mind about how does she look like.

Skills are fine
Weaknesses: Think of some..dunno Wizzarding Chess, a couple of things she doesn't do well
Likes: Well since she is a graduate you can't use so much of school stuff anymore
Dislikes: Don;t know Arrogant people, Draco Malfoy whatever pops onto your mind
General Personalitty: Here you make a full paragraph about what you already wrote or if you want to add something extra say she has explosive character, quick/slow emotions.You can base it on your own personalitty if you can't think of anything.

History (you missed that one)
Family Info: Parents or in this case you can put Ronald Weasley (Housband), Daughter (Rose Weasley) and Son (Hugo Weasley).
Childhood: How did she grow up in 6 lines. You start from when she was born (take your own birth date if you don't know hers) then you can write how she grew up in muggle famlily.that her parents were dentists and whatever fear or love she had in childhood untill she went to Hogwarts.
Hogwarts:You speak how she was at hogwarts what did she do and stuff. That she was the brightest witch of her generation, that she was outstanding at all classes you know the drill. Then you mention her friends Harry and Ron and anyone else..in general what she do or feel during school. You can even describe how she fell in love with Ron and how she missed her last year for going with them to find horcruxes. (6,7 lines again)
Adulthood: Well write what job did she find when she graduated, how her and Ron dated and got married. At what age she got her kids Rose and Hugo. On the end everything you consider it's necessary for us to know about her.Again in 6,7 lines.

I skipped those that you wrote fine because there's no need of correcting them.
For any questions i am still here!
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Nye Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:36 pm

ok ok let me breath! please... i can barely read oe right now!
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Nye Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:18 pm

O U T O F C H A R A C T E R
Name: (Or alias if you prefer.) Aurora Nye
How you found Potter's Army: (If your answer is Google, what you searched would be nice.)my brother showed me on google i dont know what he searched
Any other characters on Potter's Army: (Be honest. There is no character limit, just let us know how many you have.) nope
Have your read the Plot?: (please do ) yes
Have your read the Must read threads?: (Again, please do. For your own benefit) yes

B A S I C I N F O R M A T I O N

Name: (Self-explanatory, include nicknames if you wish.) Aurora Nye ( nickname: A)
Race: (Human/Werewolf/Half-Giant) Human
Blood Status: (Pureblood/Half-blood/Muggle-born.) Muggle-born
Year AND Age: (Must coincide, eg. 11 and first year. Graduates just post age.) I dont know.... i guess 11 and first
Preferred houses: (Canons state one, graduates state ex-house and originals state two - if an original character states one you might not get it. Sixth year girls please say if you would prefer Hufflepuff or Gryffindor as we have no more room in Slytherin and Ravenclaw.) any house is fine
Canon or Original: (Self-explanatory.) umm original i think
Play-by: (Optional, but recommended. Remember to check the face claim to make sure you're celebrity isn't already taken.) There is none

A P P E A R A N C E
Height: (You can put tall/short if you're not familiar with measurements.) avarage
Hair: (Colour, straight/curly, etc.) brownish gold strait
Eye colour: (Self-explanatory.) blue
Skin: (Self-explanatory.) peach
General Appearance: (One paragraph.) Aurora Nye has long brown strait hair.
P E R S O N A L I T Y
Skills: (Minimum 3. List form is fine.)
- Reading
- Every subject ( in muggle and wizard school)
- punching
danger
Weaknesses: (Minimum 3. List form is fine.)
None that i know of
Reading
Every subject.
Taking lots of classes
Dislikes: (Minimum 3. List form is fine.)
I dont know aout this one
Motto: (Optional.) Keep moving forward ( from a movie and part of something walt disney said)
General Personality: (One paragraph.) Remembrance Nye loves taking classes and punching people. Her favorite thing is danger!
Short Roleplay: (Whatever your normal roleplay length is, don't do it extra-long or extra-short especially for this application. You can skip this if it's not your first character.)
Remembrance was walking down the hall to her bedroom whe all of the sudden an owl crashes into her holding a 5 pound package. She picks up the package and opens it. Inside is a little glass locket and a brand new pair of shoes. She looks at them in awe!

how is this???
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:21 pm

Look pretty same to me apart you changed two, three things for the name and age and original.
Now this is a code you should be using because you missed alot of info.Also i told you to prolong your General Apperance and Personalitty into at least 6 lines.
My advise is to make a new topic because you keep looking at this one which doesn't have right info about what you need.I left you the code down there.

Code:

[size=18][font=Georgia][b][i]O U T  O F  C H A R A C T E R[/b][/i][/font][/size]
[b]Name:[/b] (Or alias if you prefer.)
[b]Gender:[/b] (Self-explanatory.)
[b]Age:[/b] (A rough idea is nice.)
[b]How you found Potter's Army:[/b] (If your answer is Google, what you searched would be nice.)
[b]Any other characters on Potter's Army:[/b] (Be honest. There is no character limit, just let us know how many you have.)
[b]Have your read the Plot?:[/b] (please do :P)
[b]Have your read the Must read threads?: [/b] (Again, please do. For your own benefit)

[size=18][font=Georgia][b][i]B A S I C  I N F O R M A T I O N[/b][/i][/font][/size]
[img]Insert Picture URL here[/img]
[b]Name:[/b] (Self-explanatory, include nicknames if you wish.)
[b]Gender:[/b] (Self-explanatory.)
[b]Race:[/b] (Human/Werewolf/Half-Giant)
[b]Blood Status:[/b] (Pureblood/Half-blood/Muggle-born.)
[b]Year AND Age:[/b] (Must coincide, eg. 11 and first year. Graduates just post age.)
[b]Preferred houses:[/b] (Canons state one, graduates state ex-house and originals state two - if an original character states one you might not get it. Sixth year girls please say if you would prefer Hufflepuff or Gryffindor as we have no more room in Slytherin and Ravenclaw.)
[b]Canon or Original:[/b] (Self-explanatory.)
[b]Play-by:[/b] (Optional, but recommended. Remember to check the face claim to make sure you're celebrity isn't already taken.)

[size=18][font=Georgia][b][i]A P P E A R A N C E[/b][/i][/font][/size]
[b]Height:[/b] (You can put tall/short if you're not familiar with measurements.)
[b]Hair:[/b] (Colour, straight/curly, etc.)
[b]Eye colour:[/b] (Self-explanatory.)
[b]Skin:[/b] (Self-explanatory.)
[b]General Appearance:[/b] (One paragraph.)

[size=18][font=Georgia][b][i]P E R S O N A L I T Y[/b][/i][/font][/size]
[b]Skills:[/b] (Minimum 3. List form is fine.)
[b]Weaknesses:[/b] (Minimum 3. List form is fine.)
[b]Likes:[/b] (Minimum 3. List form is fine.)
[b]Dislikes:[/b] (Minimum 3. List form is fine.)
[b]Motto:[/b] (Optional.)
[b]General Personality:[/b] (One paragraph.)

[size=18][font=Georgia][b][i]H I S T O R Y[/b][/i][/font][/size]
[b]Family Information:[/b] (List form is fine - immediate family is fine, unless other relatives are important to your character.)
[b]Childhood:[/b] (One paragraph - how your character grew up.)
[b]Hogwarts:[/b] (One paragraph - only if your character is not a first year.)
[b]Adulthood:[/b] (One paragraph - only if your character is graduated.)

[b]Short Roleplay:[/b] (Whatever your normal roleplay length is, don't do it extra-long or extra-short especially for this application. You can skip this if it's not your first character.)
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Nye Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:57 pm

It looks the same partly because i actally like those things and some of that stuff is true
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum