Maybe... Maybe not?
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Maybe... Maybe not? Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Maybe... Maybe not?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Maybe... Maybe not? Empty Maybe... Maybe not?

Post by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:16 pm

Narcissa had Apparated after at least an hour of procrastination. She would have been lying if she had professed to be at ease with the situation. Not only was she without a member of her family but she was also attending the Ball with a man who could probably get her to bend over backwards for him. She didn’t mind but she did wonder why he had that affect on her. She seemed to act like a teenager but a more intelligent and street smart teenager. Her teenage years were a complete disaster and were seven years that she never wanted to repeat again.

The dress that she was wearing didn’t really give off the ‘Lady Malfoy’ image that she was meant to ooze. Narcissa did feel a little bit confident wearing it. The dress was different to anything she’d worn prior and was enjoying wearing it. The smooth fabric hugged every curve and fitted her perfectly. Narcissa left her hair out and it spilled over her shoulders in curls. She was thankful for spells that helped with appearances. She’d spent a while trying to get her hair to the right length but she hadn’t used that particular spell for a few years.

She didn’t want to go inside. Narcissa didn’t trust herself. Instead, she sat down on the edge of the fountain and let her hand glide through the water. Narcissa smiled softly and dried her hand with a muttered spell. She looked around the atrium and wondered when James would arrive. His presence would soothe her, she didn’t like this silence. It was uncomfortable for her.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Maybe... Maybe not? Empty Re: Maybe... Maybe not?

Post by James William Wilson Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:08 pm

Wilson wasn't planning on attending the ball. He never attended any balls. They were stupid, useless and... crowded. And everyone knew how much James William Wilson hated crowds. But this time, he had a motive. It was Narcissa. He started to like her and he did not want to see her alone on the ball, probably drinking some cocktails or something similar. That is why he broke one of his own golden rules - never attend any manifestations with lots of people there. But still, this was one of this less important rules.

He had no special black tie outfit for this manifestation so he scrolled through his wardrobe and found a classic black suit and tie, and a white shirt. He looked elegant, but he did not care much about that. He was going out, going out with her and that is all that mattered. If it were not for her, he would spend another lovely evening with his bed, resting.

He appareted to the Ministry and saw Narcissa in front of the fountain. He approached her slowly from behind and put his hand on her shoulder. ''Have you been waiting long?'', he asked solemnly.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:37 pm

Narcissa reached for her bag and opened it up. She took her wand out and tapped the side of the fountain. Instantly, clownfish seemed to appear from nowhere and began to swim. Narcissa smiled and began to make the fountain more like their natural habitats. Once she was finished the fountain looked more like an ocean haven for an abundance of fish. Narcissa tapped the marble she was sat on and began to weave some designs into it. She’d turned most of the fountains into something like this back at the Manor but she didn’t do it often, Lucius thought it was ugly and demeaning for the Manor to be turned into some sort of wildlife reserve. The Ministry wouldn’t like it either but she didn’t care. They could change it if they wanted but they’d have to move the fish.

Narcissa felt a hand on her shoulder and she looked up. James didn’t seem too happy to be at the Ball and she wasn’t too excited about the whole event either. She’d heard the name of the new Minister and couldn’t help but smirk a little. A Lestrange as Minister would definitely make things go belly up. She didn’t care if Matthew was professing to be some sort of angel, running around with a halo above his head. He was a Lestrange and they, like the Blacks and Malfoys, had a certain type of darkness around them. She knew that if he was anything like Rabastan then the power would go to his head.

She rose to her feet and smiled at James. “Not at all. I’ve kept myself entertained.” She said, her eyes drifting down to the fountain that now looked like it had been subjected to one of those portable swamps that could be bought at Weasley Wizard Wheezes.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:50 pm

''It seems you like to play with things around you. Clownfish do add a nice touch to the fountain, but I do not think they fit in such waters. Their natural habitat is much more different and we would not want dead fish in the Ministry's fountain?'', he asked with a smile.

He sat down beside her, avoiding the water. He never like being untidy, and wet was included in that. ''Shall we enter or stay here for a few more moments?'', he asked, looking at her.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:04 pm

“Creativity is good for the soul.” Narcissa laughed before looking down at the fountain. “I did try to change it. I think I’ve forgotten to add the salt.” She waved her wand at the fountain and the water took on a deeper colour before returning to the clear window that let one look into it. The fish began to swim a little easier and Narcissa smiled. “Done.”

“I don’t mind, I assure you.” She said with a small smile. “Would you rather sit out here with the fish or go in and brave the crowd?”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:16 pm

''Well... that is a little better. But they do like warmer waters.... but I guess they will survive. And creativity is good for the mind, but you have to be careful with the dosage you use.'', he said with a smile. ''Well, I would rather stroll around, avoiding the crowd. I never liked crowds... too irrational and just too... crowded. But, if you care to dance, I shall be happy to oblige your desire.'', he said.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:48 pm

Narcissa frowned. “You see, this is why I prefer having pets that can look after themselves.” She frowned and used a light heating spell on the water. “Bloody fish.” She mumbled. She did wonder about the creativity doses though. She’d seen how creative Khaat’s new adoptee was and she was very impressed with his work. The boy was incredibly creative and loved his art and music but was lazy about everything else. He would have benefited from the music classes that Hogwarts used to do in her day. “I think it’s got to be a big dose of creativity but not as often as one would like. Creativity brings colour to the world. Would you want to live in black and white?” she asked in interest. “I’m not too fond of crowds either. People will begin to drink now and if I know Khaat’s husband then he will already be on the Firewhisky.” She smiled and shook her head. “I think it’s safer outside with the fish.”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:02 pm

''I tend to live in the mud of gray. I like colors, and I like them very much, but you just cannot find much of them in the world. Creativity, mainly, only creates more gray, seldom colors. And regarding pets... I prefer not to have any at all. They are nice and lovely, but they take my mind of more important things.'', he said. ''Well... then, we have two options. Sit here and possibly get wet or stroll around and enjoy the smog of our town.'', he suggested.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:14 pm

“Perhaps we just need the artists to brighten it back up again then.” Narcissa smiled, thinking of Khaat’s little artist and his daughter. It seemed that Narcissa’s friend was forever bringing different Hogwarts students into her home. “I suppose they’re nicer to look at than to own. Lucius is fond of peacocks for some unfathomable reason.” She smirked and blew a wayward curl out of her eyes. “I’d rather keep my gown dry if I am honest. Strolling sounds better than braving the crowds though, I must say.” Narcissa said with a small shrug of her shoulders.

(( OOC: Feel free to godmod them walking around Wink ))
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:35 pm

Wilson stood up and took Narcissa's hand. ''A stroll it is, then.'', he said and smiled. They started walking around the Ministry territory. It was almost empty. The only people you could see were some young couples, bloody kids, who were ditching the main party to have some... fun, whatever that may be and the ones that were just arriving at the ''crime scene''. He did not bother much about who was coming, going or just having fun. He enjoyed his partner's company and walked, slowly, contemplating. ''Nacrissa, my dear, this may sound awkward but I have just remembered that I have to ask you something. I hope you to not interpret the motive behind my question wrongly, because it is only for the students. Do you know what the Death Eater's and Majere are planning with the school?'', he asked, feeling pretty ashamed that he had to ask her that question. It seemed as if he was using her as a source, which was not true.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum