Class Four - Basic Level - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Class Four - Basic Level - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Class Four - Basic Level

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Class Four - Basic Level - Page 2 Empty Re: Class Four - Basic Level

Post by Guest Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:29 am

"No thanks professor!" Louis said loudly. "Better lighting back here!" he added nodding his head. "Besides much more safer in case a spell goes haywire!" he added nodding his head once again.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by William Winston McCoy Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:06 am

McCoy looked at him and smiled. ''Fine then, Mr. Weasley. Fine.'', he said calmly and sighed. ''People do have to be stubborn, don't they? Five points from Gryffindor and I shall see you after class.'', McCoy said. ''And no, this is not the angry professor McCoy. But now, for today's lesson. Can anyone tell me the meaning of these spells, written on the board and their effect?'', he asked.

(My bad :-S)

Last edited by William Winston McCoy on Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
William Winston McCoy
William Winston McCoy

Number of posts : 226
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation, Leglimens, Wandless Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:13 am

OoC:For or do you mean from?

"Well, Incarcifors simply is a spell used to make on object capture something passing by!" Louis said looking at the professor. "Now avifors, is used to change objects into birds" he said smiling. He couldn't remember what Fere Verto did though. He looked at the professor still, hiding his look of hatred for the man already
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by James Wake Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:53 am

"Fere Verto: A transfiguration spell used to transform a variety of common species of animals in Water Goblets. Common examples are the Pigeon, the Rat and the Frog," James filled in for Louis. He knew the spells well. They seemed elementary to the boy who had cast them for years. He returned to his notes, ensuring that the quill had not misspelt anything.
James Wake
James Wake

Number of posts : 1329
Special Abilities : Can understand Werewolves

Back to top Go down

Post by William Winston McCoy Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:50 am

''And lions, and whales and deers, Mr. Wake. Five points for Ravenclaw and 10 points for Gryffindor, Mr. Weasley. A good answer.'', McCoy said.

He then levitated, whit his hand, a cage full of birds. ''I have prepared an interesting task for you today. Since these three spells are pretty simple, you will have a more difficult task. In front of me you see a cage full of birds. In a moment I will let all of these birds free to roam through the classroom. Your task is to transfigure any object from your desk, paper, book, quill into something that can capture the bird, using the Incarcifors spell. After you have captured the bird, you will use Fera Verto and transform the captured bird into a glass and then use Aguamenti, which is not today's lesson, but you should know that spell by now, to fill the glass. Then use Avifors and transform the filled glass into a bird again. You need to get a wet bird as a result since the water will then make the bird wet. When you have done all of that, return the cage to my desk. This is something I have taught of just now and it will surely be more interesting than to practice the spells in the traditional way. Now, good luck and you can begin.'', he said letting the birds free.
William Winston McCoy
William Winston McCoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:46 am

Louis grinned, this should be fun....
"Alright lets see here...." he said looking at his desk and pulling out his wand. As the birds flew around, droppings also fell to the ground. As one of the birds flew by Louis he waved his wand and yelled "Incarsifors!" at a book he had out. It transformed into a cage and was sent shooting at the bird catching it and slamming into the wall. Thank God the bird was only slightly shaken, he liked birds. They never said anything mean, all they did was sing and in Louis's opinion, singing is awesome. As he walked over to the bird a dropping landed on his shoulder and groaned as he ignored it and continued on to the bird. He picked it up and it pecked at his fingers, he dropped it and his index finger began to bleed. He sighed and picked up the cage with the other hand, being careful not to let the bird reach his fingers by waving his wand and making a glove appear on his hand. He got back to his desk, and placed the cage on it then took off the glove.

He pulled out his wand, not holding it in a very good grip as his finger was still bleeding and hurt. He then looked at the bird, the bird almost seemed to be...challenging him. Louis grinned once again and waved his wand whilst saying "Fera Verto!" and the bird was changed into a cup...with a beak. Louis could never get that one right, but he was still rather good. He tried once more, changing it back. Then he waved it once again and said "Fera Verto!" and to his surprise the bird was no longer there. Simply a goblet, with the markings that the bird had had. Louis smiled to himself and quickly said, "Auguamentai!" which he had used many times before and the goblet filled with water. Now came the tricky part...

Louis smiled as he was doing very well, for him anyway. He looked at his wand, there was blood on it but he could wash that off later. The stinging in his finger had gone down a bit and it now had a pulse, was there something different about these birds. Louis shook his head and stared at the goblet, concentrating on what the spell he would say next would do. He lifted his wand, waved it and at the same moment said..."Fera Verto...." but he was cut off by a dropping landing right on his head and sliding down to his now open mouth. The goblet had indeed turned back into a now very wet and angry bird but Louis didn't notice as he was busy being sick on the side of his desk. He had spit out the bird droppings and vomit followed. He groaned as he got up and pointed his wand at his mouth and said "Episky" and his mouth was clean. But just to be safe he added "Aquamentai" to the fix and spit it out where the vomit was. He cleaned up the vomit with Episky and looked at the professor, he had finished the assignment..a surprise to him. He put the glove back on and took it to the professors desk...."Well...I guess I did it..." he said smiling. Not realizing he still had a piece of bird droppings in his teeth, he really needed to work on that Episky spell....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by William Winston McCoy Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:05 am

''Bloody hell, Weasley. I cannot believe it. You managed to do almost everything and add a few tricks of your own. But, all in all, you were successful. Ten points for Gryffindor, I guess. Now, for the rest of you... would you be so kind as to catch the birds before they lat their food free?'', McCoy asked, with a smile.
William Winston McCoy
William Winston McCoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bane Lincoln Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:54 am

Bane almost broke the door down, as he ran into the transfiguration room. "My apologies sir, there was an... incident involving dung bombs in the hallway, had to take a bit of a detour." Bane said. Though his excuse was true, Bane did not expect any sympothy from Professor McCoy, thoug it would be much appreciated. He quickly took a seat near the front of the room.
Bane Lincoln
Bane Lincoln

Number of posts : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbey Dawn Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:42 am

Abbey looked around at all the colorful birds floating above her head. She smiled, and looked at her book, quill, and parchment. Abbey decided to transfigure her parchment into a net to catch the bird, since she had quite a bit of it. "Incarcifors!" she said, pointing the wand at her motionless piece of parchment. It quickly transformed itself into a net, with only a medium-sized hole on the side; Abbey shrugged at this mistake. She wasn't always going to get something right the first time. Abbey climbed atop of her chair and swung the net around. She spotted a solitary blue jay chirping above her head. Abbey flung her net in the direction of the bird, catching it swiftly in her net. Abbey pulled the tiny bird out and petted it's head. "Well, you are a nice little bird aren't you?" she cooed to it.

She then set it down on her desk, relishing the fact that she had to turn this cute bird into a glass of water. Abbey held it down with both of her hands, and put her wand in between her teeth, pointing it in an awkward position at the fighting bird. "Stay still, would you!?" she cried. As Abbey wrestled with the bird, she finally managed to say, "Vera Forto!". The bird's chirping stopped, and now in Abbey's hands was a small champagne glass, the same kind her parents used to toast on New Year's Eve. Abbey sighed in relief, pulling her wand out of her mouth. She wiped the spit off of it and placed it back in her left hand, looking at Professor McCoy's instructions on what to do next.

The next thing to do was fill the glass with water. Abbey was happy that there was finally something easy to do. She quickly muttered, "Augamenti". The glass filled with crystal clear water that looked good enough to drink, but Abbey didn't dare take a sip of it; this glass still needed to be changed back into a bird.

Abbey pointed her wand directly at the glass and cried, "Avifors!" The glass grew until it looked like the water was going to spill out of it all over the floor. Finally, it changed into the same blue jay that she had caught in her net. Abbey patted the bird on it's head one last time before conjuring a cage and placing it gently inside of it. Abbey took the cage to Professor McCoy's desk, placed it gently before him, then walked back to her seat.
Abbey Dawn
Abbey Dawn

Number of posts : 2143
Special Abilities : Telekenesis, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by William Winston McCoy Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:51 am

McCoy looked at the little bird. ''Bravo, Miss Dawn!'', he clapped his hands. ''Ten points for Hufflepuff. Regarding you, Mr. Bane? Dung bombs? Be more original next time. As a punishment, a special assignment... on our next meeting you have to conjure pancakes and tea on my desk. I will be hungry, trust me. And yes, pancakes with marmalade, I do not like chocolate. And you will have to do it non-verbally. Practice for your homework and we shall see you on our next meeting. Now, finish today's task.'', McCoy added.
William Winston McCoy
William Winston McCoy

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top