Wilson's office - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Wilson's office - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Wilson's office

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wilson's office - Page 2 Empty Re: Wilson's office

Post by James William Wilson Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:14 pm

''Actually, that only proves that your frog is not dumb. But, since I am not fond of zoological magical theories, you do with the critter whatever you want, just don't cause havoc.'', he replied, waving his hand.

''Actually, I wad not interested in that, but never mind that now. Can you perform a spell? Try using Lumos, for example. It is pretty easy. If you do not manage to do it... well, we have a problem. You're either not trained enough or a freak of nature, although the latter seems more likely in that situation.'', he replied.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Firethorn Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:31 pm

Andrew drew the wand out of his pocket. It was an ugly old battered up thing that had been through too many barroom brawls. But the last Andrew knew it was still functional. He did understand the basics of how he'd seen his father use the wand. So he used it, saying clearly, "Lumos!"

The wand produced a clear bright light. It startled Andrew enough that he nearly dropped the wand altogether. And when he did, the light went out. He recovered the wand quickly, before it hit the floor, and straightened himself, but he felt completely stunned. The wand had lit--for him. Maybe he wasn't a squib after all. Maybe his father had lied to him all his life.

"He lied to me. All my life, he lied to me," Andrew said softly. "I should have known."
Colin Firethorn
Colin Firethorn
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:02 pm

Wilson nodded. He then looked at the drawers of his desk. ''Now, which one was it... second... no, ah yes... here it is.'', he said and pulled a wand out of the drawer. He put the wand on the table and closed the drawer. ''Boy, take this wand... it is new and I have no use for it. It should fit.'', he said handing him the wand.

''Blast, you are not a freak of nature after all. And I was truly looking forward to mocking you.'', he said and paused. ''This was a joke, boy. In case you have not understood the sarcasm. Now... that I have proven that you are not a freak of nature... is there anything else?'', he asked.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Firethorn Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:33 pm

"I did understand," Andrew said. "You mean you're not going to toss me out because I don't have a guardian? I can stay?" He took the new wand. "Thank you, Sir. Thank you very much."

"Professor," he said, having remembered an incident with his father, "Can wizards move things unintentionally? I remember that when I would get angry, my father would shout at me ' Take it outside, Boy! And try not to blow the windows out of the house again!' I would go outside and it seemed like there was just a big windstorm that would move rocks and stick about. I just took it for a gust of wind. Is it possible that my father knew more than he ever said?"
Colin Firethorn
Colin Firethorn
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:37 pm

''I do not know what your father knew, nor do I care that much. It is your family and I do not want to get into it. But, regarding the movement of objects... yes, they can do that. It is called wandless nonverbal magic and is also extremely to learn. And by learn I mean master and control. Each of us can do nonverbal wandless magic, but the point is to master and control it.'', he said.

''Regarding you staying here... that is for the headmaster to decide, but if you ask me, you can stay as long as you do not cause any havoc. Less work for me. And since I am not going to tell anyone about this because it is pretty irrelevant, the only thing you need to do is to keep quiet and you can stay.'', he replied.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Firethorn Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:48 pm

"I can do that, " Andrew said, knowing much too well how to do that. "And, no, Sir. No trouble. No havoc. I promise. I know you're busy. Thank you, Sir. "

He went to the door. "Thank you, Professor." He didn't wait to be dismissed. He had no desire to wear out his welcome with this man. "I'll be going now. Have a good day."

He slipped out of the door, shutting it quietly behind him, and stopped and gave a great sigh of relief.
Colin Firethorn
Colin Firethorn
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top