Boy's Dormitory - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Boy's Dormitory - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Boy's Dormitory

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Boy's Dormitory - Page 2 Empty Re: Boy's Dormitory

Post by Alester Thoth Crowley Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:57 pm

Alester turned his attention to the boy in Drumstrang robes who had finally acknowledged his comment. A flash of gold crossed his eyes when the boy mentioned his grandfather, rare indeed. Yes my Grand graduated Durmstrang, as did my father; and to answer your next inquiry, I was forced to come here by the Ministry. Durmstrang would be my school of choice; especially roaming the halls with a hundred and more other --likeminded--guys. His eyes flashed silver revealing the laugh he didn't let ring out loud at the emphasis on his words.

He had not missed the boy's appraisal of his deck, whether he was bothered by the shuffling or was actually interested he wasn't certain. This is Grand's origional deck, I use it now; passed on to me when I earned it. It works much more effectively than a wand, although I can use those too. His nose wrinkled at the thought of not using the tarot for his medium and being forced to use the typical wand, he liked being different and he got better results with the tarot because he could choose a card with attribute to match the task at hand. He stopped ruffling and turned the card on top face up, your card... and then he chose another, make that two...interesting, Mr...??. He fanned them out face towards the boy as his words faded out asking for a name. The Magician and Death; unlimited power and ability to accomplish anything, and strength in knowing ones own weaknesses and having no fear of his own death. He smirked wondering what the boy would make of his selections, he was certain they were the right cards for him, they always were...

Alester was aware of the other conversation going on around him too, and he gave cursory notice to the guy with the camera who eventually settled in to sketch. All in all a typical day in the boy's dorms...save the girl and the boy whose name he had asked and who he was certain he would have been partners in crime with had he been attending Durmstrang. He had power rolling off him, and Alester was always drawn to powerful people. His gaze flicked to the cards as he held them out for the boy to look at more closely if he chose; something he never did. No one touched his deck, it was an honor and pride aspect respecting his Grand and the Deck itself.

Last edited by Alester Thoth Crowley on Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Alester Thoth Crowley
Alester Thoth Crowley

Number of posts : 94

Back to top Go down

Post by Alana York Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:39 am

Julia scowled as Elijah took pictures of her. She had only been wearing her shorts and a band tee, so in her book, she looked horrible. "ELI!" She growled playfully, "I don't think Frank would enjoy seeing me in my pajamas" She disagreed. Knowing Frank, he would much rather see her with nothing on, but that was what every teenage boy thought; which disgusted her. She looked over his shoulder to see what he was doing. "Whatcha dooooin'?" Julia asked, nosily. She never knew that Eli was an artist, in fact, that was probably the last thing she would have expected from him. Though, when she thought about it, he could have been a great artist, he was so precise with things, and found a place for everything, which were great qualities for an artist, she considered.

Julia giggled at the boy, "Well your eyes are very unique" She commented with a smiled. She truly has never seen eyes like he had, his seemed to change now and then, as she had noticed them before: they were either a sparkling silver, or a liquid turquoise... from what she could see, at least. Julia looked into his hands at the pile of cards "What are those?" She asked with a hint of a smirk on her face. "Do you mind if I see?" She hoped she wouldn't offend him by asking- that was the last thing she wanted to happen.
Alana York
Alana York
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 991

Back to top Go down

Post by Godric Delk Malfoy Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:25 am

Godric noticed the two cards and smiled impishly. Using his telekinisis he lifted up one more card from the deck. The star. "There is my personality in its three folds. Power unlimited, and the ability to creat, The Magician. The knowledge of my own weaknesses, and the ability to use them to my advantige, not to mention unfazed by the prospect of my own death. And the Star, The power of mystery and the gift of beuity, but likely to burn out with no one relizing until its to late."

He reached for the cards and gently picked them up. Responding to there power, he smiled. "The original Faust deck, Created by the first Alester Crowly. I'm truly honored." He spoke more to the deck with the last statement then to the weilder of them. "So you belong to the original deck..." He trailed off while handing the cards back. They were expertly created and very well kept.
Godric Delk Malfoy
Godric Delk Malfoy

Number of posts : 573

Back to top Go down

Post by Alester Thoth Crowley Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:45 am

Alester was surprised when the boy used a rare art to levitate another card from the deck. His dark chuckle sounded low in his chest, You possess an inner light worthy of great renown and power... The Light Eternal in the flesh then? I am honored to meet you. I should call you Star, however my Wyvern would take offense as it is his nickname. He watched the care the boy handled the cards, and his eyes flashed golden again. Yes I belong to them and they are a part of me, my Grandfather's legacy and Ancestral power passed to the next generation, passing to me over even my father. The Thoth deck, or as you accurately named it Faust deck, is my most treasured possession. He accepted them back gratefully as if their return was a relief. They had not been touched by any hands save his Grandfather or himself in over half a century, it had been weird to see another touch them, or even for him to allow it.

He rifled through them once again pulling seemingly at random three cards, These are mine, The Fool, everything to begin any journey to success, The Emperer, Man of unmatched power and mystery, The Ace of Wands, Power to weild destruction and healing as I choose. He flipped the cards to face the boy fanning them one by one as he named them. He pondered why the boy refused to give his name... secretive even more than he was!
Alester Thoth Crowley
Alester Thoth Crowley

Number of posts : 94

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:14 pm

Under the pretence of doing nightly rounds Eli would probably slip up to the Room of Requirement to get a pack of pencils or perhaps a bottle of Firewhisky. He knew he had a couple more pieces of charcoal in his drawer but he needed some pencils. He had always found drawing straight off the bat with charcoal to be easier but if he was drawing from memory he’d use pencils. Eli’s eyebrows knitted together in concentration and he blew a piece of hair out of his eyes. He put the charcoal down and took the chalk out from behind his ear. He smudged a bit of the charcoal and added a few strips of white before smudging the two together. He looked up at Julia and smirked at her. “I’m drawing you.” he said simply. He picked up the charcoal again and his hand flew over the page. He took a bit more time on sketches with charcoal but Julia was easy to draw because he had drawn her before. If he was just starting out then he had to really take a bit of time. After a few sketches he’d be fine and wouldn’t even have to look at the page.

Eli finished after a minute or two and put the sketch pad down. He opened his draw again and took out the Swiss army knife that his father had decided to give him a while back. Eli cut a bit of the wood and pulled it out of the drawer. He dropped the knife back inside and took his wand off of the table. He transfigured the piece of wood into a frame and slipped the drawing into it. He secured the back and put it down on the bed. He put the stuff back in the drawer and picked the frame up again. He smiled a little and looked up at Julia. “Here, take it.” He smirked. “Free of charge.”
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Alana York Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:37 am

"Ooooh" Julia said, giving Elijah a thumbs up "Gotcha" She chuckled, but stood still when she realized she was moving too much. She had never been drawn before, but she was sure Eli would do a good job at it. He was truly very talented, a great artist for his age, well in his case, any age. She peeked over his shoulder to look at it, and it really looked like her. She smiled as she watched him continue on as he cut off a bit of wood, she raised her eyebrow, wondering what he was doing, but composed her features as he turned it into a frame. "Why thank you, Sir" She took the frame in her hands, looking at the picture that was inside "Are you sure? This is pretty realistic" She smirked.
Alana York
Alana York
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicholas Hardon Tue May 11, 2010 8:18 am

Nicholas entered to the boys dormitory. He saw three boys and one girl there, but he didnt know why the girl is here but its cool for him. "Hi there, Im Nicholas Hardon" he said an started to unpack his things on his bed. He looked at his clothing to see is it white because he likes white colour, and it was. Thats one thing to be happy. He began to watch his bed and he concluded that it is comfortable. He took the sweets from the bags and started to offer others. After that he sat on his bed waiting for someone to start a conversation.
Nicholas Hardon
Nicholas Hardon

Number of posts : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by Alana York Wed May 12, 2010 11:01 pm

Julia set her photo on Elijah's bed so that she wouldn't forget it when she left. She fixed her shorts once she stood and looked around. She walked over to the boy who had just came in and smiled to him. "Hello there" She looked down at him. She set her arms around one of his bed posts and looked at his face, studying his features. He was, admittedly, quite good-looking; he had long brown hair and glossy brown eyes, and he just had that cute look to him that made him look innocent no matter what he did.

Julia politely refused as he offered sweets, if she were to take some, she would be bouncing off the walls for the rest of the night. Sugar just had a bad effect on her at night, either she was extremely hyper, or got terrible nightmares. She definitely wanted to stay away from any kind of sweets if those were the consequences. "I'm Julia" She grinned again and let out her hand for him to take. "How are you?" She asked, about to take a seat next to him, but drew back, watching him. "Do you mind?" She asked politely, referring to taking a seat next to him.
Alana York
Alana York
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top