The Arrest of Shacklebolt - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Arrest of Shacklebolt - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Arrest of Shacklebolt

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Arrest of Shacklebolt - Page 2 Empty Re: The Arrest of Shacklebolt

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:44 pm

Khaat hoped that, at the very least, Shacklebolt would take her rantings (which she did actually mean most of but knew they were ineffectual at the moment except for stalling) at Majere as a handy distraction and apparate out just as Dumbledore had done many years ago. Khaat had learned very quickly at Emof's trial not to like Majere, but she was counting on Shacklebolt's resourcefulness. He was a clever man of many means, and she was loyal to him. His commanding her to leave him, of course, meant nothing to her, and she knew that deep down Shacklebolt already knew that very well.

She already knew, too, Majere and Diggory weren't the brightest candles, but they surely already knew where her loyalties would lie. And she wasn't going to try to make something else up now. She was a Lupin through and through and proud of every spark of it. She didn't really care what Majere did to her. He wasn't interested in her, anyway. He wanted power, and Khaat didn't have anything he wanted. She wasn't a risk to him. She wanted, more than anything, for Shacklebolt to stop worrying about her, get out, and let Majere eat a little crow from Diggory for losing his quarry. And so she stood firm, wondering if it was better to place herself directly in front of Shacklebolt to give Majere an unmistakable message of what side she chose in this tiring battle of good and evil, in case he hadn't figured it out by now.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23615
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Majere Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:00 pm

[Shacklebolt wants to get arrested, so he wouldn't be apparating out]

Vincent laughed. It wasn't often he laughed, but when he did, it was a chilling sort of one. He was amused though, Khaat was so gullible and such a typical Lupin. Did she believe that if she was a good person, everyone else had to be as well? That wasn't how it worked. "Miss Lupin, let me tell you one thing, as you seem sadly confused," Vincent said, looking at her seriously. "There is no fairness or justice in our world right now, not with Mister Diggory as Minister. The ministry rules, and what the ministry says is law, whether it is fair or not. You are of course, right that our dear Shacklebolt here has commited no crime, but does that mean we are not allowed to arrest him? No. Because we rule this place, we can do whatever we want, whether it is just or not. You may whine about it, but there is nothing you can do..." Vincent said with a sneer. "So I admit, the ministry is corrupt, and we all know that. What are my reasons for arresting Kingsley? Nothing, I have no reason as of now to arrest him. But the minister believes that he could be a danger to the ministry, so he must be arrested."

Vincent turned back to Shacklebolt, and raised his wand further. The aurors who were surrounding them did the same. It was 2 against 3, but Shacklebolt sort of evened the odds. Though Khaat was not an auror. "Now old man, your saying that you do not want to come peacefully eh? Well then I will have to resort to other means to make you come..."
Vincent Majere
Vincent Majere

Number of posts : 836

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:09 pm

OOC: Khaat does not know any such thing about Shacklebolts plans or desires. She is only responding to the situation she sees before her.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Majere Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:15 pm

[yeah, OK]
Vincent Majere
Vincent Majere

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingsley Shacklebolt Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:59 pm

Shacklebolt could escape of course, unlike the rest of them, he had the ability to apparate. But did he want to? What would happen to Khaat if he did? And then there was the matter of honour. Why should he flee? Honour made even the most cleverest of people seem stupid. But no, he wasn't going to apparate, he raised his wand at Vincent.

"Vincent, remember this, my leaving headmaster will have no positive effect on the ministry, it will have a negative one. And you can send me to azkaban, but you cannot keep me there, and besides, you have to defeat me first, which the minsitry will obviously." Shacklebolt said, shrugging. "You may think you have control of Hogwarts, but you don't. You don't have control of the teachers, the students.."
Kingsley Shacklebolt

Number of posts : 1463

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Majere Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:15 pm

"yes yes, whatever," Vincent said in a bored tone. He didn't really care to listen to Shacklebolt's heroic exit speech. It was all crap. Now then, since Shacklebolt as well as said he wasn't coming peacefully, Vincent needed to use some force. Khaat had become too involved for her own good. "Detrimentum!" he said, aiming to disarm both Khaat and Shacklebolt at the same time. At the side, both the aurors sent stunning spells at Khaat and Shacklebolt.

------------------------------------------------------------

I'd sort of like you guys to do what Lucius does and put the spells you use under your post, like this.
Detrimentum - A spell that disarms all oponents in an area.
Stunning spell/ stupefy - a spell that stuns the victim temporarily.

kk?
Vincent Majere
Vincent Majere

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingsley Shacklebolt Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:23 pm

"Contego!" Shacklebolt yelled, creating a very powerful barrier around Khaat and himself which blocked all the spells. He then turned to one auror and used Everte Statum to send him flying towards the wall, where he hit and became unconcious

(ok, and I godmoded the auror as hes an NPC. I used, Contego, blocks all spells, and everte statum - sends a person backwards)
Kingsley Shacklebolt

Number of posts : 1463

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:28 pm

"Confundo!" Khaat fired a straight and true shot right at Majere with her wand, with a powerful bolt of energy that appeared, to her, to hit him with significant force.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Majere Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:36 pm

thats god moding, it doesn't HAVE to hit me.

-----------------------------------------------------

As it was, it hit Vincents shield instead, he had used protego to block the spell. It was a weak spell, and easily blocked. He turned his wand to Shacklebolts table. "Oppugno!" he said, sending it straight at Khaat and Shacklebolt. Vincent scowled as he saw one auror out of the way, this would be harder than he thought.

------------------------------------------------------
Protego - shield charm
Oppugno - Sends an object at someone
Vincent Majere
Vincent Majere

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:46 pm

ooc: i didn't say it hit you. i said i fired it at you, as straight and true as I knew how, and from where i was standing, it looked to me like it hit you. you would be the only one to know if it hit you or not. if i had said it hit you, definately, etc., etc., i would think that would be god modding. i see them as very different. from where i appear to be standing in the room, i don't have a straight on view, and i could easily have missed and have only hit dead air.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top