Magical Items App. V.2 - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Magical Items App. V.2 - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Magical Items App. V.2

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Magical Items App. V.2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Magical Items App. V.2

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:17 pm

Wait wait wait wait wait! What am I saying! Only one Item Ne'os! I'll let you pick!

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:19 pm

ok id rather have the protection one since im already RPing with that one
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 5547
Special Abilities : Wandless magic, Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:20 pm

Kay!

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by James Wake Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:49 pm

Item Name: Cerebus 953 Class A. Item code 40014. Subject: J
Item type: An Alchemic arm
How it was made: An alchemic arm can be made using various methods, each one dependent on the arm's purpose. It is quite simply to create a whole new arm for a person, but James' Alchemic Arm is very different. It was made as a container for souls. Souls are considered to be the Gold Standard in Alchemy. A soul can be deconstructed and reconstructed into anything, in a sense. It also illegal to utilize souls in Alchemic experiments.
Of course, scientists do not usually really care about what is legal.
The Cerebus 953 is the result of Alan Wake's constant work on the Philosipher's Stone. Despite owning one himself, Mr. Wake does not truly understand the complexities of the Stone and the Soul. In order to experiment further, The Head of Alchemy utilized the souls of prisoners from Azkaban, with permission. Using those souls, he created the alchemic arm. It bears the appearance of a bronze, organic wood, that moves alot like a real arm.

How you came into contact with it: It was given to James because it bore no use in a branch with little to no funding. And James needed an arm. Alan could only oblige.
Magical abilities:
Good:
-Can mutate with clear alchemic patterns. Removes need to use alchemic circle as long as the circle is clear in the users head.
-Hand functions as a grappling hook. Good for reaching that cookie jar your uncle hides on the top shelf.
Bad:
-Requires a lot of alchemic expertise in order to be used. If used improperly, it could alchemize the person's actual body. Alchemizing a body is one of the taboos of Alchemy, and involves the destruction of the particles of a human body.
-Being connected to so many different souls can cause one lose their sanity. Scratch that- James' mind has been melding with the minds of murderers since the day he received the arm. He may keep some shred of himself, but soon he may be sharing memories with Azkaban's finest. Or should I say worst?
-The alchemic arm can control itself. It's a VERY annoying procedure- the arm will utilize everything it has to protect itself, and it's carrier.
-The energy used by the alchemic arm comes from the host. In other words, whatever calories James will gain will be used to move the arm. The exchange rate causes him to eat A LOT.
-The arm has it's own intents and purposes. It will attempt to absorb as many souls as possible after it has actually killed people.
Roleplay sample: "Hey James. Let's play a game."
"Ok, what?"
"Guess how old I am?"
"I dunno. 20?"
"Nope... guess again..."

Ace woke up on his seventh birthday, in the mood for some Ice Cream. He got out of his bed, his pajamas loosely shaking with each footstep. The arm was weighing him down again. He grunted as he pulled at his right arm, his gait lurching with each step. He stumbled and fell, groaning as he pushed himself onto his two feet. He looked around to see if he'd woken up after Alan made breakfast. According to the clock he had alchemized himself (first experiment), it was 6:02 AM. In reality, it was probably 7:34. The time was off by a good hour and a half. James made a mental note to himself- fix the darn clock. He stumbled to the ground again. Ace grumbled. Alan was not awake, and breakfast wasn't even ready. There was nothing waiting beyond the door. So, James sat back on his rear, and rested the heavy arm on his lap.
He decided to fix his clock first. He raised arm using his real arm, and aimed at the watch. His aim was pretty bad, but he missed with the first three shots regardless. His alchemic hand finally wrapped itself around the clock, pulling it off the table and down on the ground in front of him. It clattered as James placed his real palm on his fake palm. Now he need the image of the alchemic circle he needed. He had trouble with focusing.
How old am I?
But he calculated the perfect circle for the job. He quickly clapped his hand (though lifting the alchemic arm left him haggard and dog-tired) and planted them firmly on the wooden floor.
The alchemy was almost instantaneous, but before Ace's eyes, the clock was deformed and reformed in a slow, agonizing, calculated parts. The clock had been reformed, and was ticking away the time.

James couldn't be more tired.

Alan knocked on Ace's door at nine. Hearing no response, he cracked the door open. The boy was asleep on the ground, wearing his over-sized pajamas. Beside him was a clock. Alan did not bother boy, but knelt down and picked up the clock. Beneath it, the ground was indented, as if suggesting that the wood had been used to...
Alan looked at the clock. It read 10:32. Pm. He sighed. "And just when I finally fixed it too..." He looked down once more at the boy, sleeping peacefully. He shook his hand and clapped his own two hands. The clock in his hands alchemized. Only this time, he added an adjustment key to the back.

"Come on Ace, tell me my age."
"I don't know..."
"Really now? That's dissappointing. You were always so... promising."
"Then how old are you?"
"Haven't you guessed yet? Today I'm..."

Last edited by James Wake on Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
James Wake
James Wake

Number of posts : 1329
Special Abilities : Can understand Werewolves

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:53 pm

Accepted! Yay!

Magical Items App. V.2 - Page 2 Qw9nLyk
~ enjoying her sixties ~ divination professor & head of hufflepuff ~ single ~ seer ~
~ biography ~ thread tracker ~

Set made by me. Want one? Accepting requests here.
Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 6601
Special Abilities : Seer, Occlumens, Apparation and Astral Projection.

http://www.zazzle.com/magicalmalteaser*

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:11 am

((this is making up for the loss of my amulet.))

Item Name: Robes of of death's hand
Item type: Robe
How it was made: Ne'Os designed them in his time at azkaban and even invented the magic to make them and then constructed it after he escaped. (magic is not offensive or defensive and takes alot out 0f the user to preform)
How you came into contact with it: n/a
Magical abilities:
PROS:
- makes user unidentifiable as the hood is pure black even in the brightest light.
- Same defensive shield as the amulet of deflection )only protects user from the basic magic listed in the spell compendium. can be temporarily defeated with a disarming charm.
- The user can make his eyes glow a pure white when he/ she wants to.
- muggle technology: Bullets, Lasers, arrows. (anything shot by gun, bow, crossbow) is blocked.
Cons:
- make it difficult to move as they are bulky (still can fly though sorry)
- when the shield is temporarily removed the spell that hit the shield before the disarming spell takes effect.
- Any thing thrown like a rock or a knife goes through the shield.
- anything stabbed like a fist, sword etc is not blocked.

Roleplay sample:Ne'Os walked into the ministry wearing his robes He noticed a ministry official running at him wand out the official sent a stunning spell at Ne'Os it was blocked by the shield witch erupted in a golden sphere around Ne'Os it faded as it did Ne'Os sent a killing curse at the official who crumpled to the ground as it hit. Ne'OS walked on he was searching for something something important....

Side note: The shield is gold when it is hit a golden sphere appears around the user then fades as fast as it appeared.

This is what the robes look like except they are pure black.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Ne'Os Emof on Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:06 pm

Can you explain how he made it in Azkaban please?

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:07 pm

He thought about how to make it in azkaban he made it after he got out. (Ne'Os is escaping now so i thought i should plan ahead)
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:09 pm

Ah Okay then.....hmmmmm....I suppose I'll accept it Very Happy

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin