why do my post hit nothing for replys :(
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

why do my post hit nothing for replys :( Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

why do my post hit nothing for replys :(

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

why do my post hit nothing for replys :( Empty why do my post hit nothing for replys :(

Post by Jessie Tyler Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:25 pm

I am worried I will have to leave the site as the last thread I put got absolutly no replys please explain where I am going wrong so I can enjoy rping here.

It is upsetting to think I am not wanted here as I have been here on and off for a long time.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

why do my post hit nothing for replys :( Empty Re: why do my post hit nothing for replys :(

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:27 pm

Maybe post in the RP Request center or PM people that you've created a topic - I didn't realise, I would have replied (and am going to now!). There are quite a few topics and everyone doesn't see every new topic.

You are wanted here! I think you just need to let people know about your posts more, maybe plot with some people (I would be willing to, Jemma needs a new plot) and such.

So that's my advice Smile.

why do my post hit nothing for replys :( Qw9nLyk
~ enjoying her sixties ~ divination professor & head of hufflepuff ~ single ~ seer ~
~ biography ~ thread tracker ~

Set made by me. Want one? Accepting requests here.
Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 6601
Special Abilities : Seer, Occlumens, Apparation and Astral Projection.

http://www.zazzle.com/magicalmalteaser*

Back to top Go down

why do my post hit nothing for replys :( Empty Re: why do my post hit nothing for replys :(

Post by Jessie Tyler Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:33 pm

thank you and I would love to do that with you I am not that good on plots so could we talk about one.

I thought about her return and recovering her menorie at the fact she has a son some where and a husband.

this is the link https://www.pottersarmy.net/hogsmeade-f18/return-of-the-lost-professor-open-t5330.htm
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:38 pm

No problem Smile. Though my advice isn't AMAZING, some other people will probably reply here too. I'm not amazing at plots either, but we'll figure something out Smile. And yeah, with her husband and son. How old is her son now? Jemma does have a daughter so they could talk about parent-y stuff, though her daughter is grown-up now.

~ enjoying her sixties ~ divination professor & head of hufflepuff ~ single ~ seer ~

Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:43 pm

he's be about 2years old now I think depending how long ago the battle was.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:55 pm

I'd be willing to RP with with you! I suggest as Jemma said, post in the rp request section. My advice would be to jump in on one Very Happy

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:33 pm

I did that a few months ago and was ignored buy being posted over(the next person posting as if I wasn't there) it was actully ahppened twice , once in the battle and once in a thread in hogwarts
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:55 pm

^What you might want to do is maybe think of where the thread is going. Not just a random hello-how-are-you thread, as those can get easily sidetracked if people don't know what to do. The Battle one don't worry about, it was a big event, so threads do get taken over a fair bit. I think most threads kept changing who was battling (heck one thread I was posting in one evening, I went on the next day and it was eight pages longer!) so yeah. The Hogwarts one...I don't know, I would have to read it.

ANYWAYS what I'm saying is maybe even just start with something to do. Like if you were going out with a friend, you might go bowling or shopping, or you could stay in and play games maybe? You wouldn't talk for hours on end generally. If the person is a chatty person, something to talk about would be a good thing to think about.
You starting the thread in Hogsmeade was a good opener though. I'm going to reply there now Smile.

Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:59 pm

My other account Gabrielle is here if you need it.
But do tell me what's the RP about since i got tired of those you meet someone accidently and then have no idea what to say.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:46 pm

she has been missing for several months and has showed up the plot is she can't remebr everything about ehr life and ahs to slowy reover it with help from those around her , (she was taken by deatheaters and torchered but it won't be established till later thats what happend)
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top