One of the Compartments - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

One of the Compartments - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

One of the Compartments

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

One of the Compartments - Page 2 Empty Re: One of the Compartments

Post by Guest Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:51 pm

"Yeah, there's a girl I know one year below me, her name is Alex, and she's one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. She's like my little sister, I love her to pieces. And it must've been to light up the dungeon, because I don't do much else." And it was true, all she did was talk. It was funny though, she loved annoying people with her talking. And then they apologized because of her last name. So classic, Rose thought to herself.

"Yah, no one remembers Rosalie. They say it's too formal. So I was stuck with Rose. And that's okay, I don't need anyone else but myself." Rose said, and she believed it. If she had the ability to get the money she needed, she'd move out and change her last name. She was just that crazy, and wished that she could really do it.

"Nah, I'm street-smart, not book-smart. I'll be fine, I hate learning anyway. But plus, I'm not smart enough to do it. My grades are horrible, so I just don't bother. Doesn't matter anyways. Plus, prefects have tried. Give me a break, I am untouchable. I'm just that cool. And prefects give up when they hear that I'll sic my dad on them. People are so funny these days." Rose laughed lightly. She was amazing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:46 pm

"I quite like your name, reminds me of that muggle woman from that movie, whats it called? The Titanic." Nick laughed a little, he had watched it with a muggle girl he had been dating for a while. It got so boring though that he had to blow up the tv so he didn't have to watch the end of it. He continued "Its nice to be a bit diffrent from your sibling's hmmm? If you were all the same you would just blend into the background and be forgotten. That too me sounds boring"

Street smart and book smart was not really something Nick agreed with. People could learn to be book smart, you werent one or the other. That was just something lazy people said to get out of trying. Nick decided not to enforce the point further though, she obviously wasn't that interested, but as a prefect he had to let her know he was there "Well Rose if you ever need help with essays or anything you know where to find me. Im sure you will see me in the common room pretty often so the help is there if you need it." Nick smiled at her, he quite liked Rose, she was a surprise package, though he could tell she was a little too much for him to handle. He needed someone like her on his side, he didn't need students like her in Slytherin making him look bad, he spoke calmly "Well perhaps for this prefect you can try and behave a little better than usual, just when Im around. So you can make me look good, and so I dont need to punish my favourite member of the Malfoy familly." He grinned then gave her a quick wink.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:02 pm

"Well, with my background, I've obviously not seen it." Rose pouted. She hated when she couldn't follow someone's thought, and that happened quite a lot these days. And she listened to what he said, and sometimes she wished that she did blend in. It was hard being who she was, and going against her whole family. She really didn't have anyone to cling onto when something went wrong or anything like that. She was just like an orphan. It sucked to be her with her family most of the time, but she pretended as if it was awesome being a Malfoy all the time. No one needed to know how dysfunctional her family really was.

"Yeah, it would suck to be the same as everyone else, wouldn't it?" Rose said, lying. "Eh, I won't try enough to need the help, but thanks for offering. It's alright Nick, I'm okay with failing. That's just a part of what makes me...me!" Rose said. She actually didn't like failing, and she didn't like how she acted, but she had never said that to anyone. No one needed to know how her inner mind worked. She wanted to be smart just like her siblings, and she wanted to be into the dark arts just like her siblings, but she wouldn't be able to do it. She couldn't live even more of a lie than she was right now.

"Maybe, I'll think about it." She winked back with a laugh. She liked Nick, he was a pretty cool person, and he didn't just like her for her name. After finding Alex, she thought she'd never find another person that wasn't a follower, but here he was. And she was glad there weren't that many followers around, and that there was a one in a million chance of finding someone original in the crowd. She was happy right now, and that was rare.

"Yay, I'm a favorite! I feel special." Rose grinned.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:22 pm

Nick wasn't particularly surprised when she said that she hadn't a clue what he was talking about when it came to the Titanic. She was after all a pure blood, usually they had nothing to do with the muggle world. Still he decided to let her in on it, so she had some idea of what was going on "Its a love story set on a ship. It sound's really bad and it is pretty boring but the girl in it is pretty. She is called Rose too, though you dont look like her, the name isn't very familliar. So I thats why you reminded me of that. I wouldn't feel bad for having never seen it, your not missing out on anything." He smiled then crossed his legs.

Having to listen to Rose talk about failure so freely was hard. Nick was a well driven person and desperately interested in most things magical. He had always achieved the best grades in the classes he deemed important and he was a firm believer that everyone should fulfill their potential, and Nick knew that Rose had it. Laughing a little he spoke calmly "Well Rose if you ever get tired of being you, and failing everything. You just call on me and I shall do my best to set you straight." For some reason he really did want to help Rose and he would stick by his word and drop whatever it was he was doing for her, "Anytime he added."

So she would think about behaving, well that was good enough he guessed, at least it would keep teachers and all that lot of his back, he was trying a little. It was around this time the witch with the trolley pulled up next to their compartment "Anything from the trolley dears?" she said in that sweet, old lady like way. Nick looked at Rose, smiling "Im not sure, would you like anything from the trolley dear?" he teased. The witch did not look particularly happy about being mocked but Nick found it funny all the same. Reaching into his robes he took out a small bag of gold "Ill buy you something, call it a bribe."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:12 pm

"Good, because I hate when I'm behind in the conversation or missing out on some piece of information. It bugs me very greatly." Rose laughed. And it did. Normally, when she said something it was true. Then she almost saw the wheels turning in his head about how calmly she talked about failing. The expression on his face obviously showed that he obviously cared about his grades. He was a prefect so he had to. "You'll be working forever to set me straight. Trust me Nick, when I say I'm too far gone, I'm too far gone. Really, trust me." Rose said with a smile.

And she knew she was too far gone, she knew it. She was unhelpable, she didn't care. Might as well have fun while she could. She knew she was running herself into the ground, but it didn't matter to her right now. She knew she'd have a hard life ahead of her, especially when she was 1oo% against her family, but she didn't say anything.

Rose laughed when Nick called her dear. She was starting to see Nick as an older brother, but didn't say anything. She didn't want to make anything awkward between the two of them. "It's fine, let me handle it. Really, I'm a Malfoy, we can do these things." Rose smirked, and turned to the old witch that drove the cart. She and this woman had met in her first year, and she had started a tab with her, and her seventh year, she'd pay it all back, once she was old enough to draw money from her Family Vault by herself.

"Gladys, my friend, I'll take two of everything on your cart, put it on the Malfoy tab." The old witch smiled. "That's fine Rosalie, dear. Here you go." Gladys waved her wand, and one of everything landed on the seat next to Rose. Rose smiled at her. "Thanks Gladys! You rock." and Rose grinned when she heard the same thing she heard every year. "Anytime, deary." Rose sighed.

Then she turned to Nick. "So, what would you like?" Rose grinned at him.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:30 pm

Ah the wonders of being rich and prestigious Nick thought. He had met the trolley witch in first year also, though she refused to sell him anything without money. He had been forced to eat homemade sadwiches instead of sweets that journey and it was her fault. No matter she was making up for it now, he smiled at her as she exited, she probably never remembered him. Grinning at Rose he shrugged, "Why dont we take it in turns to eat Bertie Botts Beans? See who can get the worst flavour?"

Nick hadn't played this game in a while, mainly because he hated it. It always seemed like a good idea beforehand but in reality it was no fun being forced to eat Sick flavoured chewy sweet's. These thoughts however were pushed to the back of his mind "You can go first Rose, I insist." He smiled a cheeky grin, cringing inside at the thought of what she might get.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:45 pm

"That's fine with me. Oh, of course I'll go first." Rose laughed. Her siblings used to do this to her when she was younger, and they always moved the worst ones to the top. They were so evil when they were younger...hell, they were still evil now! "Alright, let's see what I get." Rose opened the box, and picked out a yellow one with red flecks at the top.

She looked at it, and then popped it into her mouth. "Mmm, strawberry-banana! Your turn!" Rose laughed, and then swallowed the remenents of the bean in her mouth. She smiled and held out the box for Nick. She grinned, hoping that he would pick something really nasty. Even though she wasn't as evil as her family, she could still have a slight mean streak now and again.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:00 pm

Nick hadn't realised it but he had been holding his breath when the young Rose pulled out a yellow bean with red flecks. He wanted to shout out to her and take the bean away, yellow was not a good colour when it came to Bertie Bott's. Nick however remained silent, a morbid fascination of what was about to happen kept him interested.

He breathed easy when she revealed the flavour, a rather tasty one by the sounds of it. He smiled at her weakly then put his hand into the box "Ok, so what are the rules first? I mean can I spit this out if its rank." He laughed then pulled out an orange and green bean, a bad colour for sure. He gazed at it for a moment before glancing at Rose then popping it into his mouth.

There was an awkward silence as Nick chewed, and chewed, then swallowed. "Carrot flavoured, not the worst I guess but I could use a drink." He relaxed back in his chair and crossed his legs "I always get the rubbish flavours when I play this game..." Nick was looking for a little bit of sympathy but he doubted the young Rose would give him it, she was a ruthless little girl but Nick liked that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:19 pm

Rose smiled when she saw the expression on Nick's face when she took out the yellow bean. Yellow was normally earwax or something disgusting, but she had taken a chance, and gotten a good one. That's why people said she would make a good Gryffindor; she wasn't afraid to risk all she had. That's why she was such a good poker player. She grinned, she loved playing poker. But it was more of an instinct, she had never really played. She was so horrible in so many ways, and she loved that about herself. Then, she saw Nick hold his breath as she tossed it into her mouth. He was pretty funny.

"Nope, it has to go down all the way to your stomach. Sorry, but those are the rules!" Rose giggled, and stuck her tongue out at him in a childish gesture. She laughed to show that she was playing. "Eew, I hate carrots. Disgusting vegetables, they are." Rose said, proving unknowingly that she was still a child. She acted a lot older than her actual age of thirteen, and a lot of people tended to forget that they were speaking to someone but a child.

"I always get the good flavors. The boxes just love me." Rose said with a laugh. "Okay, here I go again." And Rose reached into the box and without looking, picked one off the top. It was green. 'Hmm, maybe green apple?' Rose thought to herself. She tossed it into her mouth, and her expression turned to a sour one. "I guess I spoke too soon. I jinxed myself, now the box hates me. Grass flavored." She said to clarify, and then swallowed without actually chewing anymore. She shuddered and shook her head. "I've always loved the smell of wet grass, but I've never got the chance to taste it. Guess I can't say that anymore, now, can I? Nasty taste, grass is." Rose said, laughing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:45 am

Nick never understood the attraction of Bertie Bott's beans, sure they were good for having a laugh but really, who would buy their kid's a box of them as a treat? Rose's cockiness made Nick smile "Don't speak to soon" He said as she pulled out a green bean. Nick didn't trust any colours, green could easilly be apple or it could be bogey. He sort of screwed up his face as she popped it into her mouth, then laughed when she mimicked his expression, "Not nice...? I told you not to be so cocky. Bertie Botts play with your mind like that." Nick reached into his bag and took out a bottle of water. After taking a drink himself he offered the bottle to Rose.

Ok, so it was his turn again and it was becoming rather clear that Nick was not much of a team player. He enjoyed watching other people suffer the indignity of having to eat cheesy flavoured sweets but it wasn't something he liked to do himself. His hand lingered in the box for a moment before pulling out a brown coloured sweet. The look upon Nick's face was priceless, though he managed a sort of half laugh "Could I have chosen a worse colour?" He decided to just get it over with. The taste sensation in his mouth was suprisingly nice, "Oh chocolate. What a pleasent surprise."

Nick beamed, it was the first time anything had ever gone his way with these sweets. Today was a landmark in his life!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum