Two friend's meeting up [Malkaiden] - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Two friend's meeting up [Malkaiden] - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Two friend's meeting up [Malkaiden]

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Two friend's meeting up [Malkaiden] - Page 2 Empty Re: Two friend's meeting up [Malkaiden]

Post by Guest Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:40 am

Nicholas wasn't too suprised when he heard that she was not particular great with guys, she was young and thus had plenty of time to learn. Nick had only really taken a solid interest in Girls last year but it was common knowledge girls matured faster than boys. Again he wasn't to suprised when she spoke about how easy it was for her to speak to him, he had always been a relaxed person and often radiated a warm demeanor. Still it was another compliment and he thanked her kindly for it. You could never pay someone too many compliments in his opinion. "I find it easy to talk to you too, we are a good pair and I can tell we are going to be good friends." Nick smiled again, he was doing alot of that today.

Nick thought it was fair to say that today was certainly quickly becoming his favourite day of the holiday. It was really odd, as she said what she did he was thinking the exact same thing. If this holiday was so good then anymore they could spend together would be awesome. Nick silently prayed that the two would see eachother around the castle. He smiled at her as the waited took their order. His eyes met her and he blushed slightly, this time though he never looked away.

When asked about his quidditch team he beamed then replied "I support Puddlemere United. They are pretty good you'll definetly have heard of them, Im pretty sure Oliver Wood, an Ex-Gryfindor got his first shot there. What about you, do you have a team?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Two friend's meeting up [Malkaiden] - Page 2 Empty Re: Two friend's meeting up [Malkaiden]

Post by Guest Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:07 am

Mak put her elbows on the table and intertwined her fingers together to show that she was interested in what he was about to say. She stared into his eyes and hung onto every word. She noticed that he blushed but kept looking at her. She thought to herself that this must be a good sign, though she wasn't totally for sure. Puddlemore United? No way that he supported them. "Of course I have heard of them. Before I got to school I supported The Flying Zorbas. It is one of the teams in the Greek Quidditch league. They are pretty good, but nothing compared to Puddlemore United. I quickly changed my support after watching them play a couple of times," she said excitedly.

The excitement could be seen in her eyes and her demeanor as she spoke about the game.
"Did you see thier game against the Tornadoes in July?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:00 pm

Greece had a Quidditch league? This was new to him but no doubt there were many unknown team's out there. When she spoke of the match Nick's eyes too lit up, another chance to give her a little snippet of information about himself "Did I watch it? I was only at it! A tremendous display of flying and ball control from both team's if you ask me. I would love to someday play proffesional Quidditch but, we all have our dreams dont we? Id never make it I get sidetracked to easilly. But when I play great Im pretty awesome!" He raised an eyebrow "Who were you suppporting? Tornado's or Puddlemere." Nick smiled a little fully expecting a witty reply from Makadien, she seemed like that sort of person, and Nick liked someone who could have a joke with him.

He sat back in his chair as the waiter returned with their food. It looked pretty appetizing but Nick wasn't particularly hungry, he picked up the tea that came with it and gave it a sip, not really suitable for a hot day but still thoroughly enjoyable, Nick decided to return the conversation to school, shopping in particular "Have you purchased your school supplies yet? I've still got to pop in to Diagon Alley and buy my stuff but its so expensive for sixth year books. I need a new wand as well, broke my other one duelling...."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:29 pm

Mak cut her eyes playfully at him because she had to admit she was slightly jealuos. She had gotten to see the game, but only as a replay. Watching his excitement, however was almost better than seeing the game, just almost. "Lucky dog you," she added with a toothy grin, "But of course, it had to Puddlemere all the way. How could you pull for anyone else," she reassured him quickly.

Mak watched as the waiter placed thier food before them, but she was enjoying the conversation at the moment too much to want to start eating. She looked across, and gave him a grin seeing that he too was not ready for the food to have arrived this soon. She followed his lead, and picked up her tea, swirling the spoon around in it to mix the contents before taking a sip also.

School supplies. This she did not want to think about. She had been a bit of a procrastinator and had not yet done any real shopping. "I've been to London a couple of times," she admitted, "But I always seem to some how get sidetracked and not gotten anything for the next term." She blushed slightly at her irresponsible self, but continued, "Perhaps we will see each other there." Raised an eyebrow in a questioning way as she said this.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:35 pm

Nick smiled as she hinted towards a meeting in Diagon Alley, that would be a nice suprise he thought, she could accompany him around the shops and what not. A friend would be nice, he wasn't looking forward to telling Ollivander that he had broke his wand, that man was a freak when it came to wand's. Nick remembered being afraid to walk into that shop in his first year. Ollivander's beady eyes and serious tone sent shivers down his spine. Of course he would also need to buy those book's and new robes. Nick suprisingly enjoyed shopping, many guy's hated it but he found it exciting, spending money was awesome.

Nick sipped at his tea for a moment then spoke "Well Ill be going there a couple of week's before the start of term so if your in there around that time just sent me an owl or something? I could give you some of my old spell book's if you want? The ones Im interested in I've read from cover to cover." The book's were all in good condition, indeed at least two of them hadn't ever been opened, it seemed a waste of gold if no-one gained anything from them. Did Nick regret failing History of Magic and Herbology? Not at all, those moments he spent bunking off at the Quidditch pitch were some of his best memories. Besides whats the point in learning about plants? It wasn't as if he was going to the jungle anytime soon, and as for History of Magic, perhaps if it wasn't so dull and the teacher could hold his attention for more that 2 seconds. He shrugged to himself then smiled at Kaiden "I think Ill call you Kay, or Kaiden from now on, your name is to long to use all the time." He laughed a little and smiled at her teasingly. His wasn't much better, Nicholas was such an old fashioned name but the abbreviated version was just fine "Do you mind kay? I think it really suits you. Everyone needs a nickname"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:06 pm

Mak glanced around the outdoor eating area for the first time noticing that they were not alone. There were many happy couples around. Some old, some young, but all enjoying their conversations. It made her feel all warm inside to see this. She smiled as Nick sounded approving of them ‘running into each other’ at Diagon Alley. She was feeling very proud of herself at being able to slide that in to assure herself of at least getting to see him one more time. She picked her cup up, and it stayed suspended in the air as she replied to him, “A couple of weeks before? Was that right? That is normally about the time I try to go as well. To beat the crowd you know.” She took a sip of her tea and sat it down as she cupped both hands around it.

Mak listened as he offered to give her some of his old spell books. Books were not a cheap commodity around Hogwarts, and it was a very sincere offer. She ran through the list in her head and saw this offer as a very helpful one. “That is very sweet of you. I just might take you up on the offer.” She said sincerely, and added with a tone of curiosity, “Which ones did you find most interesting?” She was eager to learn as much about her new friend as she could, and she was sincerely interesting in hearing about all he cared to share.

Names huh? She thought as nick said she needed a nickname. Makaiden was admittedly a difficult one for most people to say. It was a curse of being from Greece though. She liked his suggestions for her new names “I like both,” she admitted, “And you may call me either on, but on one condition.” She eyed him with serious, “You are the only one that can call me that.” And then she smiled to show that she wasn’t serious she was only joking, but she did enjoy the idea that Nick had a special name for her that no one else was going to use. At least not anytime soon.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:35 pm

Nick nodded and smiled as Kaiden took him up on his offer. Those book's were just sitting in his bookcase gathering dust, he knew they would be better off with her, with anyone who would read them really. He took another sip of his tea and listened intently whilst doing so. So she wanted to know a little bit more about him, well that was understandable. He looked up to her then racked his brain, what did he find interesting? Well of course, the subjects he had achieved O's in, Defence Against the Dark Arts, Transfiguration and Charm's. He enjoyed practical classes, like most people. It was his craving for knowledge concerning curses and charm's which fuelled his desire to succeed in these subjects. Indeed Nicholas could often be found in the restricted section of the library way past light's out. He smiled and spoke calmly "Well I love practical classes, so I guess my favourite subjects at school are Charms, Transfiguration and The Dark Art's. I've got a huge collection of book's on the latter. Some I had to venture into Knockturn Alley to obtain. If I wish to be an auror though I need to know this stuff, Im sure you understand." Perhaps there was a little to much information in there. He didn't want her thinking he was some sort of Death Eater. Though he knew the mixture of a fascination with the dark arts and his belonging to Slytherin house was fishy. He sipped a little more at his tea.

Nick also liked the idea of having a special name for Makaiden. It meant they would have a sort of special bond, it was a little childish but it made him laugh, and wonder "What can your special name be for me? Everyone calls me Nick so that's not particularly special is it?" Nick relaxed back in his chair eager to see what she could come up with "Ill call you Kay, its short and nice and thats the one that suits you best."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:01 am

As she awaited his reply her thought wondered to her favorite subjects. She was always trying to learn new and more advanced stuff for her age. Sometimes she would succeed like the time she tried to produced a patronus charm in an empty classroom right before the end out term. Mind you she only produced a silver wisp, but it was far better than most could do. But in other cases she wasn’t so successful like when she tried to apparate after reading all about it. She half of her ended up downstairs like she intended, but the other half remained rooted to the spot. It was a nasty situation to have to clean up. She shuddered as she recalled this. She heard all that Nick had to say of his favorite subjects and was a little confused when he began talking of the Dark Arts but his explanation of preparing him for a position as an Auror fit in perfectly. “Sounds like me a bit. I would much rather be involved in the class rather than been drummed with notes and such.” She winked as she thought about history of Magic and was sure Nick would follow her drift. That class was definitely her least favorite. The subject itself was probably very interesting, but all the note taking bored her to sleep. “I bet you have some very fascinating books. Dangerous, yes, but fascinating all the same.” She would love to be able to go to Knockturn Alley and the restricted section at school, but her parents had forbid her to visit the first, and the second was against the rules at school.
She took another sip of the tea, but it was such a warm day she began to wish that she had gotten another drink, but she smiled sweetly as she listened to Nick’s talk of names again. She had in fact been trying to think of a good nickname for him after her brought one up for her, but she was having some difficulties. “Well, I’ve thought of a few, but I haven’t liked any of them.., Nicky was the best I have been able to think of so far… I guess I’ll have to keep thinking.” she said hopefully, “Plus these things have to come naturally. Like you do something silly and the name stick with you forever.” She blushed as she recalled the time where she was about four years old and she took off on her sister’s broom, but she instantly flipped upside down and fell off. Her sister said ‘you silly goose you know better than to ride my broom,’ and ever since then when she does something silly or clumsy a family member will call her Goose.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:01 am

Nick was pleased to hear that she shared his view's concerning practical and note taking classes. The later were so boring and none more so than History of Magic. There was no wand waving involved at all in that subject. It was all interesting learning about war's but really, when you were in the middle of one it just wasn't exciting. They heard about killing's every day and of the Dark Lord's hoardes marching from city to city murdering and pillaging all in their path. When it was all real and in front of you it just wasn't as interesting, he spoke these concern's to Kay "Its not just the fact History of Magic is all note taking, but learning about war's gone past is depressing in the current climate. We are hearing about the death's of innocent's everyday, it seems disrespectable to learn about War and destruction just now. I never really turned up to that class last year, I guess thats why I got a D in it." He smiled that cheeky grin again,obviously not fazed by the fact he had performed "Dreadfull" in one of his OWL'S. He sipped at his tea a little, he too was wishing he had gone for something a little colder, but it was done now.

When the subject turned once again to books he was relieved to hear that she understood. Those nasty book's he had were just for educational purposes, plus the guy in Borgin ant Burkes were selling them cheap. Whether that was because they were rubbish or dangerous he did not know. What he did know is that they had taught him some pretty dark stuff that he could never learn in Hogwarts. "I might let you read a few chapters of one sometime, as long as I was there with you. Call me supersticious but I always feel more comfortable reading a book like that with someone in the room with me. I wouldn't want to give you nightmares or anything Kay!" He laughed again, he was really enjoying this time they were spending together and this laughter only increased when he heard what she called him.

Nicky?! "Im not a girl Kay." He said through giggles of laughter "Though I appreciate the sentiment. Perhaps you are right and something will just come to you naturally." What were they like? They had only really met eachother twice but he already felt like she was one of his best friends. He hoped these feelings would continue into the school year. It was hard for girls and boys to be good friends without rumors flying around, even more so when it was a Gryfindor and a Slytherin.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:45 pm

Mak looked contemplative as Nick gave her something else to think about. With all the war going on around them it was very true that they didn’t need to be hearing about stuff in the past. It did seem a bit insensitive. She nodded in agreement as he gave her the different point of view. She then laughed as he told her that he got a ‘D’ in History. She wished she had the guts to skip an entire term. “I’m not quite so bold as to miss an entire term of classes,” she said at last and added sheepishly, “But it doesn’t hurt to miss one here and there.” At this point a broad smile came across her face as she knew then that Nick would know that she had skived off a few classes.

She looked at him with her left eyebrow raised in a speculative manner, “Aww how sweet you care whether or not the book would hurt me.” This being said made her laugh because she was picking on Nick for being so nice. She was feeling more comfortable with him as the day went on, and it was always nice to be able to joke around with someone and know that they won’t take it the wrong way. Suddenly a thought hit her; however, that she hoped would not come true. As much as they were enjoying each other now, she sincerely hoped that when they got back to school nothing would mess up their friendship since they were in rival house. She only allowed herself to ponder on this a minute before resuming to enjoy his company once again because she heard him say ‘I’m not a girl!’ “I know, I told you I didn’t like it,” she got out through smothered laughs
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top