List of things that need to be sorted - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

List of things that need to be sorted - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

List of things that need to be sorted

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

List of things that need to be sorted - Page 2 Empty Re: List of things that need to be sorted

Post by Mariana Diggory Sun May 24, 2009 8:28 pm

Jemma Tiquelle wrote:Ok, right, now. I'm moving Hogwars staff off the widgets, now Mari & Zoe have both agreed & other admins haven't commented.

CONDENSING THE FORUM->
It's waaay too long. The index, I mean. Here's what I think should be done.
Grimmauld Place, Malfoy Manor & Ministry should become subforums under a forum called 'Fueding Forces' or something. Ministry should have no subforums as they're barely used.
Staff Headquarters should be moved under the grounds.
Post Office should be moved under the Owlery as 'Letters' and rules should be made so people use it properly.
Animagus Hangout - it's not being used, really. It should be deleted, and animagus threads should be made in other places. It's not really a place, after all, all the threads in it say 'Great Lake' or w/e, so they should be moved to the Great Lake & called 'Animagus' hanging out by the lake' or something.
Hogwarts Information. It's not roleplay, so why is it under roleplay? The messages, etc. should be moved to Educational Decrees & then we should have a housepoint thread in the Daily Prophet.
Under General Discussion in OOC it doesn't need 9 subforums. Pictures & Politics/News only have one thread, so they can be deletted & moved to other.

Ok, opinions? I'll do it all, I just need opinions from you guys.

I agree on all of them besides animagus and partly.I mean someone can transform into animagus (if he is animagus that is) whether is it Great Lake in Grounds or Great Lake in Animagus section.

I would add some few more modifications we could make if admins agree naturally.1st Why do we need advertising as an section for?That sections brings us more troubles then use if you really want me to be honest.

Oh yeah Jemzy maybe we should put Post Office in Hogsmeade?Or like 2 new sections Hogsmeade Post Office and London Post office?These towers and owlery already have way too much subforums.

I agree on Ministry thing.No sub-forum is being used very much especially one with control of muggles.Whose idea was to put it anyway?We shoud just remove ALL sub-forums out of Ministry

Oh yeah regarding on Awards maybe we should delete section of nominations?I make all those topics just to make some use of it,but we really don;t need it.Current Awards is only needed section there.

Oh yeah last thing.We should move Quibber production under Daily Prophet as a new sections.Someone may fall unconcious of all those sub-forums.That applies for Diagon Alley aswell.We should move all sections besides Gringots don't you think so?Oh yeah and we could ADD (LOL!) new sub-forum under London section called Noctourne Alley.

So opinions for this one?
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

List of things that need to be sorted - Page 2 Empty Re: List of things that need to be sorted

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Sun May 24, 2009 9:39 pm

Yeah, that was my point about the animagus.

We NEED advertising. We HAVE to keep it. In order for me to advertise on other websites, we need to have a guest-friendly advertising forum. It can't be deleted.

Yeah, under Hogsmeade!! By the way, this is how the post office should work:
Like a normal RP thread, with people tagged in the title (I don't see how open topics would work), like one thread for Me/Mari, another for Darren/Zoe/Mari, etc. No more than 4 people per topic though. Then letters back and forth IC. Sound good?

Yup, what I said, no subforums for Ministry, then put it with Grimmauld Place & Malfoy Manor under a Fueding Forces forum to condense.

Award: Mari, completely up to you as you're the one running it. I do kinda agree the nominations thing is pointless. Also, considering we have lots of announcements, how about condensing all 2008 awards into one topic, then in January all 09 ones, etc. otherwise there are going to be looaadds of threads in there. Just a thought.

Quibbler: Honestly, I don't think it matters too much as only staff members can see it, but I guess it could go under the Daily Prophet. It's up to Zoe, it's her thing.

For Diagon Alley, yeah, that sounds good. I also think I might change Gringott's so the information topics are stickied then all vaults are in the same forum, as we don't really need a subforum for them, methinks. It's my area so I think I'll change that =))

Sooo, that's about everything. Gosh, that was a long reply xD.

List of things that need to be sorted - Page 2 Qw9nLyk
~ enjoying her sixties ~ divination professor & head of hufflepuff ~ single ~ seer ~
~ biography ~ thread tracker ~

Set made by me. Want one? Accepting requests here.
Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 6601
Special Abilities : Seer, Occlumens, Apparation and Astral Projection.

http://www.zazzle.com/magicalmalteaser*

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Sun May 24, 2009 9:46 pm

Oh yeah Annoucments can stay too.Only pointless thing are those nominations and since like you said it's my area i am going to get it off as soon as possible.Probably from next month before nominations start.

And no i don't understand so much that with post office sorry.,
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Sun May 24, 2009 9:50 pm

Ok, post office.
It's IC so should be in an IC area, not OOC, like Hogsmeade.
So it should be moved to a subforum there, called 'Post Office'.
In there you write letters to and from your friends. Eg.
I want to write letters with myself and Gabrielle. I make the thread called 'Sending letters; Jemma and Gabrielle' like when you make closed threads, so nobody else can post there. Then I post 'Dear Gabrielle...etc. etc.' then she replies 'Dear Jemma...' throughout the thread, all letters between me & Gabrielle are there. If I want to write to Zoë, I start a new topic called 'Sending Letters, Jemma and Zoë' where me and Zoë write to each other. Does that make sense? Rather than having postboxes, you have threads between different people.

~ enjoying her sixties ~ divination professor & head of hufflepuff ~ single ~ seer ~

Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Sun May 24, 2009 9:52 pm

Ok so if i make topic for every single member i send letter to isn't it gonna be like full of confusion/topics section??
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Sun May 24, 2009 9:55 pm

Ooor this:
Everyone has their OWN postbox. YOU CAN'T REPLY IN YOUR OWN POSTBOX. You write in the postbox of who you're writing to, like if I want to write to Gabrielle, I post in her postbox, then when she replies, she replies in my postbox.
Would that work better, d'you think?

Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:50 pm

Ranks are done. Of course I will be keeping an eye on new people, incorrect ranks and for those who will still be promoted. All Mods have been taken out of ranks. Once we have those straightened out, I'll add them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:56 am

Really far away from MARCH moving to pensive
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top