Admin discipline and activeness
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Admin discipline and activeness Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Admin discipline and activeness

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Admin discipline and activeness Empty Admin discipline and activeness

Post by Darren Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:56 am

Ive noticed a very sharp decrease in discipline in a lot of you.Your all great admins and all, but I've noticed that you, and the site in general, have all become very... lazy..

Firstly, all of us are barely communicating with each other. I haven't talked to any of you lately except for Sue and Jess. Why is that? Were not getting anywhere with our theme, we havent decreased confusion for new members. And PA has sort of become a mess now. We've gotten some new members, sure. But they haven't been welcomed by the admins very well. Nor have they stayed active for long. A few weeks ago, i made a list of things need be doing. Theme, modules, graphics, classes, advertising and sorting out some stuff to decrease confusion for guests and newbies. So far, all thats happened is a small change in layout, a couple new topics to ease confusion at educational decrees and the classes. So basically only me, jess and Jemma did work, and even we didn't do that much.

Secondly, activeness. Ive noticed that Mari hasnt been on for 3 days, Jemma for 2. Sue meanwhile, comes on daily but doesn't post much, and never about admin stuff, Jess comes on but only replied at classes, and sorts them out. So i ask, what has happened? I know you all have school and everything but being a PA admin means you stay on EVERYDAY unless you have a major excuse such as exams. IF you do, INFORM the other admins that your leaving. You CANNOT leave without informing the other admins unless its an emergency and you had no time to tell us. Look on other sites, an admin is somebody who is on for a LONG time so he/she greets new members and accepts their applications, sorts them out and helps them in general. In case i'm very much mistaken, only Zoe, who isn't even an admin, is doing this. Mari used to, but idk whats happened to her, and Jemma still does, though not as much as when she was first promoted. Remember, if you are an admin, you HAVE to come on and post everyday, work everyday, RP everyday, and help members everyday, unless you have an excuse for not being active. if you don't, or have been inactive for to long, you cannot stay as an admin.

Thirdly, we all know our members are lazy. They don't like doing stuff on their own. So we need to make new topics. Mass ones that everyone can join. New topics in the last month have seen a sharp decrease. Why? Because no ones making them! So we need to make topics, a while ago we used to. Hunting horcruxes, battle of hogwarts, battle at ministry, etc etc. They were popular, each exceeded 50 pages. So we need to make those again. We also need to make events such as VD dance, haloween party, etc. The modules need updating, the layout needs updating, the mods need updating. can someone please do them!?

Lastly, if you think I'm a hypocrite, or just ranting, you don't need to read this, im not forcing you. But if our admins continue to be like this, I'm going to replace them.
Darren
Darren

Number of posts : 22273
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Leglimens,

Back to top Go down

Admin discipline and activeness Empty Re: Admin discipline and activeness

Post by Jess Potter Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:21 am

You're not a hypocrite, you criticised yourself as well as the rest.
Secondly, i agree with it all, including the stuff about me. We do need to keep in contact more, perhaps an admin away notices topic? Just so that we know what's going on? Also, i say we officially assign roles. Like who does the hogwarts cat, who does all the official stuff, member stuff. You know what i mean.
Third: We do need more dances. Now, i know i deserve to be hanged by the neck till dead for saying this, because it used to be that we have too many. Perhaps make it EOT? Would make my classes crap hellofalot easier, and we could revamp the hogwarts area? That, and we have had classes for quite awhile, i think.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:25 am

Yeah i like the idea of roles.

errr.. dances. Umm how bout a spring dance instead. As we have examinations at May, then end of term..
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:31 am

We have exams in May? ****, i wouldn'tve done that test if i'd known that. ****
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:35 am

yes of course. OWL and NEWT exams Rolling Eyes
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:23 am

Well no I don't think Hypocrite. Well, I have a fault (many actually, just pointing out this one) I only say some people when I'm going to be away. That's because of communication problem. I only talk with Darren these days, I used to talk to Jess, but he doesn't come online nowadays at the time I'm on. And Jemzy and Mari, I hardly seem to contact them =((
Founder

Number of posts : 4824

https://www.pottersarmy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:17 am

I don't come for 3 days and I am already lazy?I do whatever I find to do and certainly what I KNOW how to do.Why I wasn't on?Because I was and still am sick AND tired which is not a good combination.I am sick and I didn't sleep in 2 days although I did try because I have strong headaches and stomachaches.I been on everyday for past few months.Can't I get a rest even when I am sick seriously?

Anyway I am getting back on my duties now even though I am still sick so you don;t call me lazy.As in for new topic with your permission Darren and others I can make that Battle of Hogwarts,There is a topic in the ministry for all,but no one posted there in a while.Also I agree we should make the spring dance topic.And also I noticed almost no one is posting in topics like Forbidden Forest,The Great Lake and Animagus Hangout anless it looks like a date.

Is there anythging else you would like to ask??
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:18 am

Nope, and dont make the battle of hogwarts yet..
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:48 pm

****, i forgot that was moved from August to May. ok, well we REALLY need a Transfig, Muggle Studies, and HoM teacher, can one of you guys do it? I sorta can't, people are too confused as to why i'm a teacher anyway, let alone a double teacher.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:37 pm

Well I already told the HoM teacher and shes finally started.. transfig and muggle studies.. well mari does muggle studies but no one attends..
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top