A Birth day - Page 97
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 97 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 97 of 100 Previous  1 ... 50 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 97 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Aug 13, 2024 10:19 pm

Jessie and Jack listened and nodded to Angus both happy they had chosen well for Elwood " well we wanted him to be comfortable while here" Jack said then nodded as Angus said Andrew would know where to put everything. Jessie gathered up the items and with Jack the listened to Andrew explain where to put things. Jack took out the bed and placed it in position before enlarging it back up in-between two bed side cabinets. Next Jessie took out the comfortable chair and placed it facing the bed but at an angle and enlarged it before tweaking i. Jack took out two bed side lamps and placed them down once enlarged Jessie wiped them clean of dust and added a new bulb to one of them. Next were several rugs one was put ether side of the bed while one was laid at the foot being the bigger of the three . Once that was done Ruby walke din with bedding , a nice brown Paisley bedding and made the bed adding some extra pillows that matched.

Aria stepped back and looked at the walls " I think all that's left are the wall decorations" she said as Jack changed the main lamp shade to one that matched the bedside lamps.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Aug 13, 2024 10:34 pm

"We have those ready to put up on the walls," Marcus said. "Angus has been working on framing some of the kids' artwork, and I think he has some other paintings to hang." Angus made some faint pencil marks on the wall where the paintings needed to be hung. Angus found matching brown paisley drapes, and he and Marcus hung those.

"It's looking really great," Marcus said. He picked up the bag that the drapes were in to throw the bag away and found there was something else still in the bag. He looked and found a truly beautiful southwestern wall calendar.

"Perfect," Angus said. "Let's hang it where he can see it so that he always knows what the day and the month is. I sort of got the feeling that Pearl didn't bother keeping him in the loop on things. We need to make sure he knows he's included in everything." Marcus found a good place and used just a simple bulletin board drawing pin to put the calendar on the wall with, and he placed Simone's fresh flowers in the room.

"I'll bring over the jar of sherbert lemons as soon as I can get to them," Marcus said. "I think the room looks great. I'm betting he likes it a lot."

"Lunch is ready," Simone called everyone from down downstairs. "There's plenty for everyone. Take a break so you can come and fix a plate."

"If you like Tex Mex, come and get some. She's made Tequila Lime chicken, spanish rice, and she's bought flan for dessert," Angus told Jacks' crew. He and Marcus went downstairs and joined the kids who were already fixing their plates.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Aug 13, 2024 10:43 pm

The crew looked at Jack who chuckled and nodded " go ahead you earned it" he said and they smiled heading around for some food. Jessie walke dover to Jacob and nodded as he made him stand " go eat Jacob, and get out of your dumps" he added " you an practice your sword skills later and maybe try your magic." Jack told him and Jacob nodded heading over to Simone's side of the duplex.

Ruby smiled to Joseph as he passed her " it'll return" she said and he smiled a bit and moved to take a plate of food. Jessie nodded to him too and looked at Angus.

"he kinda lost majority of his magic, after that magic bite he took" he said and Joseph rolled his eyes as he ate his food. " he can cast small amounts but nothing like h use to."

" and I'm working on getting it back, but it tires me out" Joseph said looking at Angus and then to Jessie. " I'm prepared to wait it out, I was told that its similar to what you went through?" he asked
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Aug 13, 2024 10:55 pm

"You push it too hard, and you'll lose what little you have," Angus warned Joseph. "Trust me. I know first hand. Someone destroyed my magical system completely a couple years ago, and the only reason I lived to tell the tale is because there were healers right there to keep me alive. I was wheelchair bound for months without one little spark of magic. Give your magic a rest. There are a lot of things that are far better done when you do them by hand. For example, conjured food vs food made by hand. Work on honing your physical strength, your agility, your speed, your muggle weapons. All of those things are things that we still use here. To fit in here, it isn't how much magic you do or don't have. It's how you use whatever gifts you do have for the greater good."

He sat down and tucked into his lunch.

"Great chicken, Simone. You can make this again anytime," Angus told her.

"Glad you like it," Simone smiled. "It's a muggle recipe, but it's one I've always liked. I used to serve it at some of our ambassadors' dinners."

"I can see why. Well done," he told her.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Aug 13, 2024 11:05 pm

Joseph listened and nodded " I'm finding that out too" he said " Jack has me in the barn feeding the animals, by hand this time" he added and chuckled as he ate his food. " but I get what your saying , focus now on physical and let the magic return on its own and in its own timer, right?" he asked Angus hoping to understand what had happened to him more.

Ruby chuckled as she ate " great food Simone, love the flavors, and Joseph I could help teach you to cook by hand" she said and Joseph smiled and nodded .

"that would be great, I always wanted to learn" he added " plus it will take up the time i used for magic training, oh if that's okay with you Angus?" he asked looking at him. " I know you keep a tight ship." he added and Jack chuckled.

"well that's one skill you do need to improve" he said and Joseph chuckled and nodded .
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Aug 13, 2024 11:19 pm

"Right," Angus nodded, as Joseph seemed to get the point that he still had value even if his magic was on the fritz. "You're welcome to let Ruby help you learn to cook. She's a good cook, and you certainly could do worse than let her teach you."

Marcus was just finishing his lunch when Jonathan arrived with a large glass jar filled with Sherbert Lemons and another filled with individually wrapped chocolate truffles.

"Perfect," Marcus said. "Would you like to see the room we've been working on today?"

"Certainly," Jonathan said. Marcus took him upstairs to see the bedroom they'd been working on for Elwood, and Marcus set one jar of candies on each nightstand. When they came downstairs, Jonathan was all smiles.

"He's guaranteed to like it," Jonathan told Ruby and Angus. "Well done. If he doesn't understand you want him to be a part of your family, then he's never going to get it. Well done indeed. Oh and Marcus, your mum and I have talked to Ezra, and as much as we want to stay, he's really pretty insistent that he wants us to go. He's sure you'll show up for him, so we've decided that, if you're going to try to get to see him at least once a day while he's there, we'll go on our trip. If you can't make it to see him, you let us know, and we'll port straight home."

"I'll be there for him," Marcus promised. "Not to worry. Aria can help fill for me either here or there, one or the other. You two go and have a good time."

"We'll contact you regularly, so keep up on his condition for us so you can update us>"

"We will. Have a good time, and dont' worry."

"We'll try," Jonathan said. He left, heading back to get Claire so they could leave on their trip.

After lunch, Angus took the kids upstairs and he hung the sign on Elwood's door.

"I think its finished," Angus told them. "Ru, did we ever get the big order of clothes I ordered for Elwood from Clive? I could go get him, but I'd rather him not be naked when we get back with him."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Aug 13, 2024 11:27 pm

Joseph smiled to Angus and nodded as he finished his food. Seeing Jonathon enter with two jars Ruby stood up and walked with Angus to the room where Elwood would be staying and the kids hung there door plaque on the door . Hearing Angus mention clothing Ruby froze " oh yes it came I put it in our room , Aria and I could put them away for you" she said heading to their room next door and returned with two boxes of new clothing.

Aria took one and set it down opening the door to the closet she began hanging up the clothing while Ruby put the things for the dresser away. Once done she looked to Angus " there all done" she said then looked at him " I guess he could use a warm winter coat though I didn't see one when putting his things away."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Aug 13, 2024 11:50 pm

"That was on my list," Angus said. "I'm sure of it. Maybe Clive is sending more winter stuff when that gets more in season." Angus went to the closet and he picked out a sage green waffle fabric robe and a pair of coordinating green pajamas and some green slippers. It would be soft and comfortable and not too warm for summer.

"I'll take your chair with us, so he has a wheelchair," Marcus said. As the two of them went downstairs, Andrew was casting the enchantment on the stairs so that they could get the wheelchair up and down without difficulty.

"We're going to go see Ezra and then pick up Elwood. Ruby, do you mind brewing some almond tea for him, please, and maybe set out just two cookies for him in his room? I'd rather keep his arrival quiet and peaceful and a little low key, if that's possible in this house," Angus said. "We'll be back shortly."

Angus and Marcus apparated to St. Mungo's. They stopped to see Ezra first, and they spent nearly 45
minutes with Ezra. When Ezra finally fell into a sickened sleep, they went to see Elwood. Elwood was nervous about going, but he was a man of his word, so when they showed him the sage green waffle fabric pajamas and robe, he was all smiles. It was soft, comfortable and as far away from being red as it could get. When he finally had it on, he had a smile from ear to ear, loving it. Angus signed the discharge paperwork, and they easily helped him into the wheelchair and they apparated him home to the duplex's front yard.

"Would you look at this? The biggest long buildings I've ever seen," Elwood said, looking at the main house, the barn, the corral with the hippogriffs, and the duplex.

"That house," Angus told Elwood, "belongs to Robert's son in law, Brian, and his daughter, Khaat. Robert and Kate live there part time. They have a farm not far from here, and they live there when they're not here. This duplex is our house. My grandfather Edward and my step gran live on the left, and we live on the right. I'm afraid our half of the place isn't the quietest."

"Young man, I have lived in isolated silence almost a century. I look forward to a little noise and life," Elwood said.

"Well, that is not in short supply here. You let me know if it gets too much, won't you?"

"I shall," Elwood said. "This is remarkable. Can we go in?"

"We can," Angus said. They simply picked up the wheelchair and set it on the porch. Marcus flicked his fingers at the door to open it, and they went in. "Welcome home, Granddad," Angus said quietly. "This is your home too. You're part of this family now. Let me introduce you."

"Wait, I know some of these people, I think," Elwood said. "Let me try." He was able correctly identify everyone, either because he had met them or because Angus had left him photos of everyone. "Wait. Wait! Is that a fairy I see?" Elwood correctly picked out Minos.

"He is indeed. He and his people have established a village outside in our garden," Angus said. "Minos, could you come meet Elwood?" Minos fluttered over and gave a proper bowl to Elwood. Elwood gave a short small bow from his wheelchair. 'You are the king of your people I recognize your robes and your crown. I am honored, Your Majesty." Minos spoke in his own fairy language.

"He asks that you just call him Minos. He sees no need for formality with friends," Angus said.

"And you understand him?"

"We use gestures," Angus said. "It works well for us."

"You can teach me?"

"Of course," Angus said. "Can we get you anything?"

"Does anyone know how to make a proper cup of tea?" Elwood asked.

"We can. I think Ruby brewed some of our favorite flavor here," Angus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Aug 13, 2024 11:57 pm

Ruby watched as Angus picked out a change of clothing for Elwood and she heard him ask her to brew some almond tea and some cookies " I'll get to it right away" she said smiling a she headed down to the kitchen and brewed some almond tea. Placing it in a pot she let it sit before taking two cookies from the jar and placing them on a plate on a tray. Now with a tea cup and the tea pot on it she carried it up to Elwood's room setting it down next to the bed ready to be pored. Hearing voices she headed back to the living room .

" welcome home grand dad" she said and walked over to Elwood gently giving him a warm hug." she looked to Angus as Elwood asked if any one could make a decent brew. "Angus is right, I have and its waiting in your room for you." she said smiling to him still holding Elwood's hand.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Aug 14, 2024 12:15 am

"I told Angus I wanted a moment to take this all in before i get shuffled off to a room," Elwood told her. "Eighty years since I've been outdoors. Or since I've been in any other room but a bedchamber. I can hardly believe it. I can see your kitchen and your living room, and your garden. It's all so spectacular."

"I thought we lived rather simply, actually," Angus said.

"You do, and that's why it is so perfect. My boy, a cage of gold is still a cage. I am free. For the first time in a century, I am a free man."

"You are indeed," Angus smilled. "You come and go as you please."

"And where are these babies I've seen in your photos?"

"Oh, they're..." Angus began.

"Damnit. I'll be right back," Marcus said, remembering. His parents had been babysitting, but now they'd gone to Egypt, which meant that Daria was surely watching by herself. Marcus apparated out at once.

"I think they'll be here in a moment," Angus laughed, not concerned. Marcus apparated back a moment later, with Caprice and Amari. Both girls were in simple little summer dresses in soft floral prints.

"There they are," Angus said. "Your great great granddaughters. The one in the pink dress is Caprice and the one in the teal is Amari. Would you like to hold one?"

"One? Can I not hold them both?"

"If you like," Angus said. Angus put Caprice on his lap. Angus was amazed at how incredibly gentle Elwood was. Elwood was very emotional seeing them.

"My great, great granddaughters," Elwood said. "Serves you right, Pearl. You didn't get to rob me of everything."

"Don't forget, Elwood," Angus said. "You have more grandchildren where those came from. You have four great grandsons, a great great grandson, and two more great granddaughters you haven't met yet. You have a large family."

"Will I be able to get to know them?"

"Certainly," Angus said. "Take your time. They aren't going anywhere."

"This is absolutely beyond my wildest dreams. I never ever imagined I'd have anything like this in my life."

"That's why we wanted you here. We wanted you to see for yourself that you have a family and you can have as close a relationship with us as you want."

"I might never leave," Elwood said, overwhelmed with emotion.

"And nothing would please us more," Angus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 97 of 100 Previous  1 ... 50 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top