A Birth day - Page 95
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 95 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 95 of 100 Previous  1 ... 49 ... 94, 95, 96 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 95 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Aug 11, 2024 1:16 am

Ruby looked up and saw Marcus chuckling she nodded to him " I agree" she said then heard the commotion from out side , poring a mug she carried it to Marcus and handed it to him. " oh wow that's a first for him" she said and chuckled before bursting out laughing at Finn and the boys antics.

Aria woke showered dress and placed her dirty clothing in a bag and put it on the box next to what she assumed was Marcus clothing. Walking down she looked out in the yard and laughed " nice Finn real nice2 she said and moved next to Marcus " how long is he going to run like that" she asked chuckling at how futile the boys attempts were at catching him.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Aug 11, 2024 1:32 am

"At this rate, I figure he'll stop at least by noon," Marcus teased.

"I'm gonna kill 'em," Jonathan sighed.

"Why? Because they're chasing the dog?" Marcus asked his father.

"No," Jonathan said. "All those nincompoops at Hogwarts for telling us the boys were able to use their brain cells enough to be away at school without immediate parental supervision. Clearly, the damned school lied. Look at them. None of the three of them know how to rub one brain cell against another."

"Look at it this way," Marcus said. "If they can't keep an eye on them in the castle, then the professors get what they rightfully deserve."

"Hadnt thought of that. So, what's on the schedule today?"

"Whenever Angus is awake, he wants to go to the hardware."

"Whatever for?"

"He wants to paint the room for Elwood adobe brown."

"That actually is a pretty standard color. Oil or flat?"

"Flat, I'm sure," Marcus said.

"Look, I have to nip out to the tobacconist anyway. I can pick up the adobe brown for you," Jonathan said. "Does he need brushes or drop clothes or anything?"

"Nah. I'm sure not. Have you seen that barn? They've got enough junk in there to build a new house, Let alone paint one bedroom."

"What about the candy for Elwood?"

"Oh. Heard from Simone already. She said his favorite is Sherbert Lemons. We'll have those turned out in fine time, well before Elwood gets here. Don't you worry. Those are easy to do."

"Thanks, Dad," Marcus said.

"No trouble at all. You sure we shouldn't cancel our trip to Egypt?"

"No. Why should you? The shop is being remodeled anyway. I'll keep an eye on it. Go and enjoy yourselves. You still leaving tomorrow?"

"We'll have to, yes," Jonathan said. "You can manage the kids alright?"

"Of course. And Aria's looking forward to it. We'll be fine...." Marcus was saying. Then he heard shrieking, and Finn came dashing back across the yard, still with the knickers in his mouth, but now he was dragging Ezra too because Ezra had hold of the knickers and wasn't letting go.

"See what I mean? Not a brain cell between the three of them," Jonathan sighed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Aug 11, 2024 1:42 am

Aria listened to Marcus and Johnathan talking she chuckled when he said the boys didn't have two braincells to rub together. This was confirmed a few seconds later when Ezra came sliding across the yard being pulled by Finn " oh my" she said and hid a chuckle. hearing them talk of painting she smiled " yes I'm looking forward to it , and after all that's happened, think of it as your second honeymoon" she said smiling to him " go and enjoy" she added before she moved to the kitchen returning with some dog food and fresh water , filling Finns bowls she returned to the kitchen hoping Finn would smell the food and drop the underwear along with Ezra.

Ruby chuckled as she watched Finn now with Ezra being pulled along " wow that dog has some strength" she said seeing Jonathan she handed him a cup of coffee too before getting one for herself. " I'm sure Jess and Yu would love to help paint the room." Ruby said and sat down to wait for Angus to wake thankful he was getting a good sleep in. She wrote a note to Jessie and sent it receiving one back saying that they would help and bring covers and brushes from the barn over when they came.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Aug 11, 2024 9:21 pm

"Hm. 'Fraid not," Jonathan remarked dryly to Ruby when she talked about Finn's strength. "I'll be taking him into St. Mungo's when they're done done screwing arouind with Kai's boxers. Zane and Kai pulled a prank on Ezra last night. Some joke thing they got at Zonko's. I've seen five other kids just in the last two weeks that have been hit with it. They're called Paperclip Candies. I was accused initially of these nasty things. The candies themselves are quite good. They're very tart, but for those who like sour candies, they're rather nice. They look like some of the sour candies that we make, but they're imposters. So these kids are being given candies that they think are ours. When they eat them, though, in about three days time, the kids get thinner and thinner and longer and longer. And then they start to twist around in a spiral, just like a bloody paperclip. Took me til early this morning what was wrong with the lad, but now that I've got it worked out, I'm hoping Robert can put him back to rights. And I've already told Zane and Kai that they're grounded the entire rest of the summer. I really do want him to see Robert and not just any old healer. One kid came in with is gran the morning before the fire and he was all screwed up. Twisted around in a spiral like a swizzle stick. The boy's gran said she'd taken him to St. Mungos overnight, and this swizzle stick shape was the best they could do for him. I am not going to let our Ezra end up like that. Halfwits. I thought St. Mungos was better than that."

Marcus groaned. "Well, they generally are. You want me to take him? Robert's probably gone to work by now, but if I take him rather quickly, I think I can catch him before he starts his shift. We could be in and right back out."

"I'll take him myself if you don't mind," Jonathan said. "Your mother and I aren't going anywhere on any trip until Ezra's mended properly. If we don't, your mother's going to stew the entire time that we're gone that Kai's twisted Ezra around a bedpost and left him there in a knot."

"if you have any trouble, you let me know, and I'll get Robert on it myself," Marcus said.

"Right. I'm off to the hardware store. I sent a note to Mr. Beidle at the hardware in Hogsmeade. He's going to meet me there shortly as a favor to me, and he's going to mix me up two gallons of adobe brown. Seems the tobacconist has coffee with him every morning, so he's bringing my cigarettes and pipe tobacco to the hardware store so I can take care of several birds with one stone."

"Well, go ahead then. I'll keep an eye on the boys and add another layer or so of penalties to them if they get too foolhardy."

"Feel free. Stack 'em up if you must," Jonathan said, drawing his wand and apparating out.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Aug 11, 2024 9:31 pm

Both Aria and Ruby gasped as Jonathan explained about a trick candy going around " that's awful" Ruby said as Aria looked to Marcus as he spoke , she nodded and smiled as he offered to take Ezra to St Mungo's for treatment. She listened to Marcus explain how and why he could take Ezra since he was in the area anyway but heard Jonathon explain why he and Marcus mother could take him and she smiled. " I get that" she said and looked at Marcus smiling "What? I'm worry too" she said and nodded as Marcus said he was now off to the hardware store. She let his hand go and stepped back.

Ruby heard Marcus and Johnathon talking and chuckled " I hope ours don't get like that" she said and glanced at the room up the stairs where Angus was still sleeping, she was happy he was now that his dreams were his own.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Aug 11, 2024 9:49 pm

"Yours won't. Your kids are pretty much grown out of that now, and the minions are too young for it. By the they get to Hogwarts, the students will be into some other stupid thing. Pardon me one moment." Marcus went inside and got a small steak from the fridge and thawed it. Then he went back outside, carrying the steak.

"Hey, Finn! Want some breakfast? Look what I've got," Marcus called. He whistled, and Finn looked to see Marcus dangling out a steak. Finn dropped the boxers like a hot potato and dashed over and snatched the steak. "I'd trade those nasty knickers for a steak too, Buddy," Marcus laughed. Marcus walked over and helped Ezra to his feet.

"Sorry your brothers are nincompoops," Marcus told Ezra. "Your granddad grounded them for the entire summer. You feel alright? How about some breakfast?"

"No thanks, Dad. Couldn't eat a bite," Ezra said.

"Is that candy turning your stomach upside down?"

"Upside down and inside out and every other direction," Ezra said.

"Come inside. We've got some potion for that. I'll get you a little. It'll help," Marcus said. Ezra protested but Marcus took him inside and got him a dose of nausea potion. It did help. With Ezra feeling better, Marcus sent him off to the shelterhouse to get some breakfast. Daria and Poppy were already at the shelterhouse with their breakfasts. Marcus watched closely as Ezra picked out his breakfast from the extensive sideboard. Kai and Zane tried to get Ezra to eat with them, but Ezra very wisely chose to go to eat with Poppy and Daria. Zane and Kai looked at Marcus, and Marcus gave them a hand gesture to indicate that he had his eyes on them both. Both boys knew they were clearly in a great deal of trouble.

He saw Jack heading for the shelterhouse to go get breakfast, and he headed over to talk to him for a moment.

"Morning, Jack. Can I talk you for just a moment, please?" Marcus asked.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Aug 11, 2024 9:54 pm

Aria watched Marcus and looked at Ezra as Marcus walked out with a steak for Finn who at the smell and call from Marcus dropped the underwear quickly and chose the wiser path taking the steak from Marcus. As Marcus walked Ezra over to the duplex she moved and gave him a light hug brushing some grass off his shoulder. " you did well hanging on for as long as you did" she said smiling to him.

Jack saw the commotion and laughed but then smiled as he began to walk towards the barn. Hearing Marcus he paused and looked at him" sure any time mate, whats up?" he asked his arms crossed over his chest " Jessie and Yu have gone to the Wearhouse already2 he told him.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Aug 11, 2024 10:08 pm

"My two oldest sons, whom I presumed knew better, pulled a very nasty prank on Ezra a few days ago, and we're just learning about it now. They gave him a prank candy, and it's going to require a trip to St. Mungos this morning to put him to rights," Marcus said. He told Jack about the Paperclip candy, and its foul effects. "At any rate, my father grounded them both for the entire summer, but I don't have it in me to let that be enough. I know this is the time of year when the crew is preparing some of the fields for some of the fall crops. I know they'll be spreading manure for radishes and turnips and cabbage and spinach. If you could use some help in spreading the manure, I know two fifteen year olds that need to shovel some manure for a few days before they get back to whatever duties you'd regularly assign them to. Please and thank you. You know I'm not opposed to a good prank but that was nothing like a good prank. And Ezra is a rather small lad for twelve as it is. He didn't deserve that."

Edward and Simone made their way out to the shelterhouse, and it wasn't more than about four or five minutes til Evan and his family went out too. At the same time, Sam, Victor, Ginger and Anise all went out to get some breakfast too.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Aug 11, 2024 10:21 pm

Jack stood and listened to Marcus his brow furrowed as he explained about the trick candy and he nodded " I hear you there" he said and chuckled " oh they will be doing just that" he said " my guys have been saying we could use more men to help muck spread" he grinned " send them over when your ready" he said and placed his hand on Marcus shoulder " when I'm done they won't dear do another prank" he said with a smile " now breakfast is calling" he said and chuckled as he walked towards the shelter house and the smell of food.

Ruby and Aria both waited with Angus but could smell the food wafting from the shelter house not far off from them.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Aug 11, 2024 10:33 pm

"Thanks. I appreciate that, Jack," Marcus said. He fixed a plate with a little of everything.Then, he was delighted to see that Zoe had taken a bit of a risk, and she had fixed shrimp and grits--a New Orleans signature dish, for breakfast. He picked up a second plate and spooned up some shrimp and grits and took a couple beignets too, and took both plates back to the duplex.

"Why don't you two go join all the others for breakfast? I'll stay here and let Sleeping Beauty sleep. When I finish my breakfast, I'll work on tearing down the bed and moving out the furniture from the bedroom while you two eat. Trust me, I'll have plenty to do. Oh, and so you know, amongst all the breakfast dishes, you'll find some shrimp and grits and some homemade beignets. Zoe is from New Orleans or Baton Rouge. I forget just which."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 95 of 100 Previous  1 ... 49 ... 94, 95, 96 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top