A Birth day - Page 93
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 93 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 93 of 100 Previous  1 ... 48 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 96 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 93 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Aug 10, 2024 12:14 am

Ruby and Aria listened and heard Ginger ask what colors to get and she smiled to her " anything but red, he mentioned to Angus he hates red and velvet, so nothing that looks like velvet too" she said with a smile " as for the babies, go with your gut" she said simply. Aria saw Angus write the note to Jack and chuckled.

Jack received the paper bird and placed it in his pocket.Once he had made sure all animals were bedded down for the night he moved to the duplex and knocked before opening the door. "oh is this a family gathering or can any one join?" he said and chuckled as he looked to Anise and Ginger. " tomorrow, your with Simone, once done the day after your back on normal duties" he said to them then looked at Sam and Victor " hippogriffs got a bit of an upset tummy so , fun your you both" he said with a chuckle before he looked at Angus. " they earned a day off anyway so works out good for them" he added ." oh Josephs on the mend Jess thinks he'll be back on his feet tomorrow but only light duties for about wo more days." he informed him.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Aug 10, 2024 12:27 am

"Of course you can," Edward said. "We're all in agreement that Elwood isn't going to just wait in St Mungos or in St Oswalds to die, not when he has family he hasn't had the chance to know. So, we're bringing him home for a trial. If he doesn't like it, we'll help him get to wherever he wants to be."

"Thanks, Jack. I appreciate it. I loaned my key to Brian's warehouse to Jessie and Yu to see if they can find some of Brian's good southwest pieces that we can use for Elwood for right now. Whatever we don't already have, I'll buy. Not a problem."

Angus looked at Cris and asked him in Romanian if he would do a nice landscape for Elwood's room. Cris enthusiastically nodded, and Angus promised to frame his picture to hang it. Cris suggested that perhaps then he and Poppy could work on another one together. Angus liked that idea and told him so. Marcus promised to ask Poppy for him. Cris was sure Poppy would agree.

And then Angus had one more thought.

"Ru, would you and Jessie and the boys work together to put a photo album together for Elwood to help him connect the missing pieces? I think he needs to have the truth. I'm thinking he needs the truth about Suzanne and all his missing pieces. I think knowing the truth has to be better than being cut off and thinking everyone's been dead all this time. Maybe we can put it in a notebook sort of binding and we can add just a page or two at a time for him so he doesn't get overwhelmed. Whatever you think, but he needs to know that, like any other family we have far more good eggs than rotten apples. What do you think? And then, i think we have enough of a game plan that we all should go home to our suppers before they grow cold."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Aug 10, 2024 12:35 am

Jack nodded as Angus continued " not a problem" he said to Angus then looked to Jessie " do not lose that key" he said to Jessie who nodded and passed it to Yu to hold onto making Jack nod in approval. Ruby heard Angus talk of a photo album but smiled " that's a great idea" she said then looked to Simone " could you pick up a scrap book while your at Harrods , I know that have some real nice ones , just not read" she said with a chuckle. " why make a photo album when we can make a scarp book with photos and items in it from each person" she added.

Jack chuckled and nodded " be a good idea that way he have something to actually touch or see that represents that person." he chuckled and looked to Marcus " Jess made one for our kids and us" he added. Hearing now that Angus hand asked Chris to do a drawing and that Chris had suggested he and Poppy do it together Aria smiled.

" that sounds a great idea" she said and looked to Marcus with a smile. " well since we're decided , I think some of us should head to bed early since we all have a busy day tomorrow" she added then looked to Marcus " you got the night shift with Angus or do you think he will be okay for tonight?" she asked
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Aug 10, 2024 12:43 am

"If he loses it, Jack, you have my permission to transfigure him into a fluffy little yellow duck," Angus said with a cheeky grin. "You're familiar, I'm sure."

"A scrapbook is a wonderful idea," Simone said. "There's a whole hobby about that now with papers and ribbons and stickers and things. We'll pick up some things, and you lot can just have a great time with them.

"You going to bed this early without supper?" Angus asked Aria. "I mean, certainly if you're tired,..."

"I'm having supper," Marcus said. "I'm starving. My stomach thinks my throat's been cut. She can head to bed if she likes. She's a big girl. She can make those decisions for herself. I'll do the night shift. It's fine. Do ask my parents if they'll make some hard candy for Elwood once we know what he likes, would you, please?"

"I've got supper waiting for our household over next door, so we'll excuse ourselves and get to it. See you in the morning," Simone said, getting up and leaving, and Edward and Evan and his family all bid them goodnight and followed.

"And you'll bring Cris to us in the morning, then? If so, I'll root out some of my art supplies if he wants to use any," Angus asked Jessie and Yu.

"While they're figuring out the details, can I help you serve up the supper?" Ginger asked Ruby.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Aug 10, 2024 12:58 am

Jack heard Angus words and shivered as a col shiver ran up and down his spine " oh I know" he said " and please do not remind me about that, I could not eat meat for a month" he said and looked to Jessie " please do not lose that key" he said almost pleading to him not to lose it. Jessie and Yu chuckled and nodded.

"don't worry we won't" he said and chuckled making Jack breath out and smiled .

"good" Jack said breathing out " okay I got a kid to check on, see you guys tomorrow and enjoy your supper" he said waving to Sam and Victor as he headed for the door. Aria looked at Marcus and shook her head.

" no I meant after we've eaten." she said with a chuckle as she stood up and walked over to where the food sat covered and removed the first cover before doing the same with the others . Ruby hear Ginger and nodded to her smiling.

" that would be a great held thank you Ginger." she said letting go of Angus hand and walking to the side board to start dishing up and handing out plates.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Aug 10, 2024 9:11 pm

Supper seemed the same as it always was, with the exception that the kids were talking about Elwood, wondering what it would be like to be that old, wondering what it would be like to have a great great grandfather in the house, and hoping that he didn't turn out to be just as dark and evil as Pearl had been. Angus didn't have the same hesitation about Elwood, for some reason. He just didn't.

The kids stepped in to clean up the supper dishes and to clean up the kitchen. Angus took his sketch pad and went downstairs to measure the basement for the possibility of leaving the storage room intact and still having an additional guest room downstairs. He wasn't sure if he honestly wanted to add another room or not, but at least having a plan was something he could do. He didn't need to act on it, not necessarily. There was room enough in the basement for a storage room and another bedroom. In fact, the more he looked at it, the more he believed he could put an additional bedroom close to where the girls had both of their bathrooms downstairs. It would make it convenient for anyone staying downstairs.

When he had his design clear in his head, he came back upstairs and put his sketchpad away. The kids were just finishing in the kitchen, and then they all four headed for the showers.

"Did you get our design straightened out?" Marcus asked.

"I did,": Angus said, "With the storage room on the right when you get to the bottom of the stairs, and the girls' room straight ahead, we could easily add a bedroom on the left at the bottom of the stairs. That would put it right next to both of the girls' bathrooms, and would leave us tons of space for perhaps a family room or something in the future."

"Sounds like a smart idea," Marcus said. "With the house being turned upside down tomorrow, would you like my parents to take care of the minions during the day tomorrow? It seems that Kate is taking Poppy and going to London for some supplies for her studio. But, my parents have met the minions by having supper with Robert and Kate, and they'd be happy to do some minion sitting. Frankly, I think they really hope you'll let them do it. You know how grandparents get baby fever."

"That's fine with me if it isn't putting them out. I'd like to get an early start tomorrow. There's a great lot to do upstairs."

"That's fine. I can work on packing our things up overnight while you're asleep, and we can start by tearing down the bed first thing in the morning," Marcus said. "I'll pack a box of my things to leave here and set it maybe in a corner of the nursery so it's out of the way. Aria can make her own decisions on what she wants..." He was interrupted by loud tapping on the kitchen windowsill.

Marcus flicked his fingers to open the window and Archangel flew in and landed on Angus's shoulder with a message.

"Well, you're out late," he told Archangel, who responded by cuddling his head against the side of Angus's head for a moment. "I've missed you too. I dont' see you as much anymore by living over here, do I, Boy? So what's in this message?" Angus opened the message.

"Ah," Angus said. "It's from Robert. We're off the hook for cooking all day tomorrow. The shelterhouse is finally done, and so to celebrate Zoe and Nicky are cooking breakfast, lunch and supper, sideboard style, in the shelterhouse tomorrow, and its open not just for those who live here but also for all the employees. Breakfast will be ready by 5:30, Lunch will start serving at 11:30, and supper will start serving at 4:30."

"That will save us a great deal of time," Marcus said.

"Yes indeed. And, he's also says he's talked with Andrew already about Elwood, and Andrew will be here straight after breakfast to lend us a hand."

"Well, things are going better than you planned."

"That's good. Now, if I can find an all night hardware store."

"Why? What on earth for?" Marcus frowned.

"I've decided that rooms needs a new coat of paint. I want to change the color."

"Oh, Lordy. We've created a monster," Marcus teased.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Aug 10, 2024 9:41 pm

Ruby watched as Angus headed down the stairs then returned a few moments later she smiled as he said he had finished the sketch for the basement and she moved to take a look at it. " oh looks perfect" she said smiling " the girls will appreciate the extra bedroom down there." she added as Aria looked and nodded but paused hearing Arch tap at the window and Marcus open it. Both women listened as Marcus read out what was written on it and then smiled .

"oh that sounds good a day of cooking " she aid " and I'm very happy the shelter house is done." she added and Jessie and Yu smile as Chris drew a picture and showed Yu it.

" its rally good why don't you show Angus it" he said s Chris walke dover and showed his landscape drawing.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Aug 10, 2024 9:58 pm

"That's perfect!" Angus told Cris. "Good job. Your sketching gets better all the time." Cris told him that he was spending time with Kate several times each week, and she was helping him improve his sketching. Angus told Cris they would frame his picture and hang it in Elwood's bedroom. Then Cris whispered something to Angus, and Angus promised to keep his secret.

Cris asked Angus if Elwood would be related to him. Angus nodded and explained to him, in Romanian, that Elwood was his adopted great great grandfather. That seemed to make Cris happy, and he confided in Angus that he still missed his real gran but he understood why he would probably never see her again. He did feel, though, that he had lots of grandparents here, with Kate and Robert and Simone and Edward. He was starting to feel like it was alright to have lots of grandparents. Cris confessed he was nervous about meeting Elwood in case Elwood didnt like him.

"Elwood is going to love you," Angus told him. Cris didn't seem sure, and Angus reassured him that Elwood knew first hand what it was like to feel that his family was all gone, so he was positive that finding out he had grandsons was going to make him very, very happy. Cris yawned and sat tight to Angus, wanting Angus to tell him all about Elwood. Angus began to tell him about Elwood, and in about ten minutes time, Cris was sound asleep, leaning against Angus.

"I think that one's done for the night," Marcus told Jessie.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Aug 10, 2024 10:16 pm

Jessie and Yu smiled as Angus praised Chris over the drawing and said it would be in Elwood's bedroom. Seeing Chris yawn Jessie smiled and walked over to him and picked him up. Chris snuggled against his shoulder as he seem to fall asleep on it. " well we'll say night guys and thanks for supper" Jessie said Yu nodding behind him.

Together they carried Chris out of the duplex saying night to every one and headed to the cabin.

Ruby finished cleaning up and walked back to sit next to Angus while Aria moved to Marcus. " be nice to have a quiet day tomorrow " she said to him making sure Finn had gone out for his usual outing. In the groundsman tower Joseph was feeling much better as he sat looking out of the window at the main house and duplex .

" your looking much better" Jess said walking into the room. Joseph looked at her from the side and sigherd .

"yeah but my magic is still not right" he said trying to make a fire ball but causing only sparks. " how long till its back?" he asked her but Jess smiled to him.

"could be a day could be a week, Angus it took months for it to recover, your case was only a few days but there's also the possibility it might never return." she told him and he sighed looking back out the window.

"so I'm a squib?" he asked and Jess walked over to him lacing her hand on his shoulder .
#
"not quite its still there just weak, its like starting from scratch again, keep trying" she said then once she had done her cursory checks she ported back out.

Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Aug 10, 2024 10:44 pm

"You don't know how much I hope there aren't any emergencies tomorrow. That will be quiet enough for me. It's going to be crazy busy, though," Angus said. "Marcus and I will get the furniture out of the bedroom, and hopefully, by then, the hardware stores will be open so I can nip down and get a can of paint to paint the bedroom. It shouldn't take long to paint it, but when it's done, I'll get the carpet steam cleaned. While we're getting the paint, would you be kind enough to take the drapes down? I'll have our shoppers get some new drapes."

"So, mind if I ask? What color are you determined to paint that room?"

"It needs to be an adobe brown color," Angus said.

"Brown?"

"Yeah," Angus said. "That room has a lot of windows, so it lets in enough light that it can handle a brown color on the walls."

"So you have a scheme already in mind, don't you?"

"Southwestern, because the furniture they're going to be getting in Brian's warehouse is all, 100% southwestern. There isn't one stick of any other kind in that warehouse. So, I'm going to do brown and teal, with some pops of a cream color and maybe some other Tex Mex colors, but red is not a planned part of the color scheme at all."

"I think he'll probably like it," Marcus said. "Not to change the subject, but how about I help you with, your shower and change your dressing for you, especially since we're going to be up extra early."

"Probably a good thought. Unless you want to shower first, Ru?" Angus asked her.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 93 of 100 Previous  1 ... 48 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 96 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top