A Birth day - Page 30
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 30 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 30 of 100 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 65 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 30 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:00 am

Aria heard Marcus and nodded then heard him tell her about the difference between fire flies and Fae and nodded as she saw him walk inside after a few minuets she walked n and down to check on Poppy but she paused hearing Ginger and Marcus talking, She smiled and headed back up to the living room where Jessie was with the babies. " you can head back now Jessie we're done and back" she said as he smiled and placed down a rabbit he was making dance.

"okay, Yu is making supper right now" he said and stood up. Brushing down his trousers he walked to the back door " night guys" he called out and chuckled and headed back to the cabin.

Ruby moved and lay her head on to Angus good shoulder as she watched the fire flies that darted around them as they sat and looked out into the yard listening to the quite around them.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:11 am

"I think," Angus told Ruby, "I'll offer to Marcus to split the night shift with him in sitting up with Poppy tonight. I'm sure she'll be fine, and I'm betting she sleeps all night, but I know him. He's going to worry until he gets at least one night of her being here under his belt. I think if I offer to sit up with her, he might feel secure enough to get some sleep himself since he knows its me. I think I'll just be sitting with her in the dark, but I know how you and I would be if this were one of our kids. We'd not want to leave them either. I think he wont stew about it tomorrow night if she has a good night tonight. If I sit up with her, I'll leave breakfast to you to handle in the morning--if you don't mind, that is. I can catnap tomorrow during the day--if the babies don't act like little jerks, that is.

"Oh, and let's not forget before the girls get all caught up in having fun with Faith and Evie, they do need to get their homework out of the way first thing after breakfast in the morning. If we don't stay on them about it, they'll get to Sunday night and then remember, at bedtime, that they have homework. Let's see to it they get it done first thing tomorrow," Angus suggested.

Marcus made his check of Edward's side and came back and went upstairs to check the upstairs on Angus's and Ruby's side, leaving the ground floor on Angus's and Ruby's side for last.

"Check has been all completed except this floor on this side," Marcus told Aria.  "We're secure except this floor."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:22 am

Ruby smiled and nodded " that sounds good a good idea" she said the heard him talk about the shifts and nodded as he spoke of her doing breakfast " I can handle that " she said smiling " they should be and if they become too rowdy I'll take them for a walk around the grounds to tire them out, so you can rest" she said knowing full well she would have to take them for that walk.

Aria sat with the babies as she heard Marcus and nodded " I'll get these two into their cots " she said and picked up Amari and Caprice carrying them to the nursery and laying them down, each falling asleep almost right away. Now she headed to check the upper floor even though Marcus had already checked it before heading back down " okay both sleeping peacefully." she said " and Fin is on guard duty right between the cots." she added with a chuckle.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:42 am

"Some things don't change," Marcus said. 

"Let's get back inside so we don't keep Marcus and Aria up all night waiting on me to get back in the house," Angus said. "I do try to be respectful of their time. They shouldn't have to stay up because of me, not if I can help it." He stood up to go back in. "Coming?"  He headed back inside. 

"This house quiets down quickly, doesn't it?" Angus asked, seeing everyone gone now except Aria and Marcus.

"It helps that everyone gets up before daylight," Marcus laughed. "They have to go to be early to be up that early. Did Robert tell you what he thinks we should do in terms of a work schedule?"

"He did," Angus said. "If it works for you, it'll work for us. Now, let me make you one more offer. I know its been a long day. How about I split the night with you? I know you're going to want to sit up with her, but you need some sleep too. I'll split it with you. Then, maybe Aria and Ruby can look after Poppy during the day and you and I can catch a nap."

"I would like to refuse you, but I'm tired," Marcus admitted. "You don't mind?"

"Not at all," Angus said. "I'll take the first shift, and you come and relieve me for the second half."

"Done," Marcus said. "Thank you. I appreciate it. I'll lock up this floor and head upstairs, then."

"Okay. I'll go shower while you lock up," Angus said. 

"I'll put on fresh coffee, in case we need it," Marcus said.

"Good idea. Thanks," Angus said, heading upstairs.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:51 am

Ruby heard Angus and nodded " yep, right behind you" she said with a chuckle as they walked back inside" she saw Marcus and Aria as Angus spoke to Marcus about sitting with Poppy in case she needed anything during the night. " good idea on the coffee" Ruby said to Marcus as Aria chuckled.

" I checked the upstairs and made sure the window's were locked , the babies are sleeping in the nursery with their guard dog oh and all's quiet from the boys from so I'm assuming they are asleep too, as I'm not wanting to put my head into their room, not sure what I'd see." she added with a chuckle as she saw Ruby yawn and hearing Marcus say he was tired " okay I'll see you in the morning , Marcus will see you for his shift" she said heading up to their room.

Ruby looked to Angus and kissed his cheek " I'll see you when you come up" she said smiling to him then heading up to their room she showered and slipped into the bed but not before she opened and read another page of her book.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jun 29, 2024 1:09 am

Angus showered and changed into a pair of lounge trousers and a tee shirt. He came downstairs and got himself a glass of iced tea in a large thermal travel cup so he wouldn't have to leave her. Then he got his sketchbook and his sketching pencils and went downstairs. 

He sat next to Poppy with just the dim light on her nightstand to see by, and he started to sketch.  The room fell quiet. An hour or so later, he heard her start to move in her sleep. The moving became kicking and fighting. She was dreaming, and it wasn't pleasant at all. He woke her very gently, but she jumped--hard. And then, frightened, she started to cry. 

He knew he wasn't Marcus, but he decided to take a risk anyway. He sat on the edge of her bed, up against the headboard, facing her feet, reassuring her softly that she was safe. He took another risk to wrap his arm around her shoulder, and she folded into him, hiding in his chest. 

"I'm sorry that was frightening," he said softly. "I have nightmares too, but you're safe here. Were you dreaming about the graphorn?"

"Sorta," she sniffled, her voice just a whisper, "but my daddy didn't come. He left me there..."

"Poppy," Angus said, "I've known your dad a long time, and I can promise you one thing. It won't ever matter how old you get or how old he gets. If you're in trouble, he will come. He will always come for you." She looked up at him questioningly. Angus nodded. "It doesn't matter if he has to walk through fire. He will always come for you. He's asleep right now, but I can wake him if you want." She thought for a moment and shook her head, not wanting to disturb him, trying to be content to have Angus as a substitute, even though she didn't know much more about Angus but his name and what Marcus told her about him in his letters to her.  He gave her some water and settled her back for sleep. He started to sketch again as she drifted back to sleep.

Marcus woke, and his first thought was knowing he had to relieve Angus from sitting with Poppy. he looked at his watch. His watch said it was five am. He had slept through all night. He rarely ever, ever did that. He jumped out of bed, furious with himself, and he dressed in a hurry and ran down the stairs heading for the basement.

The girls were still all asleep because it wasn't a school day, and Angus was still sitting with Poppy, now sketching and drinking coffee.

"I am so sorry!" Marcus whispered.

"Don't be. It's been a quiet night. You didn't miss a thing. And I got several uninterrupted hours of sketching. Its a win-win," Angus smiled.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Jun 29, 2024 1:26 am

Ruby slept till six am and decided to get up. Slipping from the bed she dressed and headed down to start breakfast. Entering the kitchen she pre heated the oven and started with Peanut butter-stuffed French toast then she moved on to making a Breakfast casserole to add to some cereal and fresh fruit for those who like a light breakfast.

Aria heard movement below and Marcus quickly jump from the bed and watched as he quickly dressed and headed down . Glancing at the clock she saw it was 5am and she knew he had rushed thinking he was late . Slowly waking she showered and stressed in slacks and a light shirt before making her way down to the kitchen and poring herself a cup of coffee for herself and one for Angus which she sent down to him.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:58 pm

"Did she sleep alright?" Marcus asked.

"She woke once from a nightmare. We talked for a moment, and she went back to sleep. Other than that, she's barely moved," Angus replied, seeing fresh coffee coming down to him. "She seems comfortable enough. Oh, lovely. Someone upstairs believed I needed fresh fuel. It smells great."

Marcus picked up Angus's sketch pad and looked. Angus had made a very detailed sketch of the garden with the Fae village and Minos's palace. He had used colored pencil to add the greenery, the flowers, and all the rest. 

"This has to be one of the best sketches you've ever done," Marcus said. "I love all the intricate detail it has and all the bright colors. You haven't missed a thing. It would look really good in the nursery with the fairy tree there. Minos is definitely going to want a copy, and I'm positive that Poppy is going to want one. You know, it would be perfect in her room. With all the talent you and Kate have, you two should open a shop in Diagon Alley."

"Well, if I were to do anything like that, I'd suggest to Kate that we do it as a sort of gallery, and that we would take other artists works on consignment. I don't think either of us have the time to supply a store with piles of art."

"So do it," Marcus said. "There are probably a lot of talented witches and wizards who have no way to get any exposure to their talent."

"I'll give it some thought," Angus said.

"At any rate, your watch is over. I'll take it from here--until my parents get here, and then I'm sure they'll want to stay awhile."

"Its fine. They're welcome any time," Angus said, as his stomach growled. He got up and picked up his sketch book, his pencils, and his coffee and went upstairs. He met Finn at the top of the stairs, and Finn Clearly wanted outside. Angus put his sketching supplies and his coffee on the table so he could let Finn outside. And, as usual, while Finn was outside, Angus filled his bowls and brought in the papers.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:14 pm

Aria and Ruby finished breakfast together and lay it out for every one who was awake. Ruby saw Finn and saw Angus let him out smiling as he filled the water bowl and food bowl. she knew a few moments time the babies might wake and so grabbed her breakfast and cup of coffee moving to sit at the table.

Aria finished up in the kitchen and headed down to Marcus bringing some food for him " I brought you breakfast" she said softly so not to wake Poppy. " how was she overnight, did she speel? she asked gently brushing some hair off of Poppy's face and smiling as she looked over at Marcus.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:27 pm

"Thanks," Marcus said, taking the food Aria had brought. "Angus said she was fine. She apparently woke up for a moment because she had a bad dream, but she went back to sleep. Otherwise, Angus said, she slept straight through, which certainly is a good thing."

Angus fixed his plate and sat down to eat as Evan and Tara came in. Evan was carrying a bakery box. 

"Evan decided to surprise everyone, and he went out and brought back an assortment of donuts," Tara said.

"Donuts? I can't remember the last I had a donut," Angus said.  

"Well, i bet you could find a spot on your plate for one," Evan laughed.

"I bet I can too."

"How was your night shift?" Evan asked.

"Uneventful," Angus said. "She woke up once for maybe two minutes tops and went right back to sleep. She said she had a bad dream. Can't blame her. She's really tiny, and those graphorns are huge. I'd have wondered if it didn't bother her."  He reached in the box and found a strawberry frosted donut and put it on his plate. Evan and Tara fixed their plates and sat down to eat.

"Thanks for cooking, Ruby. It looks great," Evan said. "I think Tara and I are going to go see Rosaria this morning and see if we can spend a little time 3with Carlo. I'm sure he could use a little attention too."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 100 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 65 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top