A Birth day - Page 25
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 25 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 25 of 100 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 62 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 25 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:00 pm

ria watched as Marcus sent into dad mode and gathered everything Poppy would need telling Angus what sort of things she was into making Aria smile .

Ruby looked at the list and nodded " that would hold her for a month I'm guessing " she said and chuckled as she sent a note to Jack as Marcus mentioned Poppy's owl named Nyx. "I m on that " she said smiling as Jack knocked on the door and stepped in.

"I brought Owl food and some treats" he said and placed them in the kitchen " can I ask why you need those?" he asked and Ruby looked to Marcus " Marcus daughter Poppy has had an accident and is staying with is for a bit , she has an owl, Nyx , so we're readying for her arrival." she said and Jack thought for a moment

" oh, I have a spare owl perch in the barn, I'll fetch it and bring it over for Nyx." he said and headed back out the back door before she could say anything or thank him making her laugh.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:16 pm

"Thanks," Marcus told Aria. 

"Do you two mind taking the babies and hurrying off straight away to Diagon Alley to go shopping for what's on that list?" Angus asked Ruby. "Andrew's on the way over to get supplies for her set up."

Angus opened the floo to ask the girls about adding Poppy to their room for a little, and Tara interrupted the girls for a moment to ask. Tara came back and told Angus that the girls were elated that they would have another girl for a bit, and, just as Angus had predicted, Ginger and Anise said they'd have been irked if Angus had put her any place else but with them, and they promised to help look after her.

"You know what?" Marcus said. "She is absolutely nuts about fairies. When she learns we have a Fae kingdom right out the back door, she's going to want us to put her bed out in the garden. She'll be over the moon entirely."

"We'll introduce her when she's able," Angus said. "Is there anything she particularly likes to eat?"

"Her favorite? Treacle tart. But, just so you know, she is not a fan of spicy foods--not even a little."

"So noted. No Tex Mex or Szechuan foods til further notice," Angus said. "Favorite cookie?"

"She likes thumbprint cookies," Marcus laughed, "because it reminds her of a high tea. She is hoping that for her next birthday, I take her to London for a high tea."

"When's her birthday?"

"August 30th," Marcus said.

"Well, after she's settled, maybe I can make a batch of thumbprint cookies," Angus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:21 pm

Ruby took the list and looked to Aria then to Angus " I was hoping you'd ask" she said smiling to him as she accioed the carriers and slipped Caprice into hers while Aria did the same with Amari .

"don't worry we'll be fine" Aria told Marcus with a smile. " we'll get everything on the list and come right back, you need us to pick anything up?" she asked as she settled Amari into the carrier facing forward so she could see what was going on while Caprice was happy to face inward.

Hearing them mention Poppy's birthday that was really soon Aria looked at Marcus " would you mind if I got something for her birthday?" she asked him " I have seen something in the ally that I think would be perfect for her" she smiled at him.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:36 pm

"I don't know of a thing," Angus said.

"Get whatever you like," Marcus told Aria. "Her birthday is still a couple months away, but you don't need to wait til her birthday if you don't want to."

"What's her patronus, do you know?" Angus asked.

"I do know, as a matter of fact," Marcus said. "It's a dragonfly. And its a good thing too because that's her favorite animal. She's a Hufflepuff. Clearly doesn't take after me in that respect, but she is a bookworm, though.  She's also a moon child. She loves everything about the moon and stars and about nighttime. She likes to stay up late and sleep in the next morning."

"She'll do find with our werewolf girls, then," Angus said.  "Alright, you girls get going, and have a good time.  Take your time. I doubt very much she's going to feel like doing anything for the first hour or two that she's with us anyway. I think you'll have plenty of time. In the meantime, Marcus and I will get to St. Mungos to wait for Robert to be done with her so we can bring her home."

"We'll see you in a bit," Marcus said, drawing his wand so the could apparate to St. Mungos. "Should we hope that nurse you tangled with last time isn't on duty today?"

"If she is, and if she's snarky, I'll settle her. She can hope that Jess can figure out how to changer her back," Angus said, determined on not taking a bunch of crap from that old battleaxe.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:48 pm

Aria listened to Marcus and smiled nodding " I know but I don't want to step on toes" she said and listened as Ruby walke dover kissing Angus gently , she smiled and kissed Marcus " we won't be too long" she said as she stepped back and ported with Ruby to Diagon alley ." this way " she said leading Ruby to a small jewellers walking in they both felt a vibe of calm and happiness and but chuckled as they looked in each of the cases " there that's it" she said pointing to a beautiful fairy necklace with rainbow bubbles. Aria saw how the light caught the tiny little bubbles inside is mesmerizing little rainbow colours.

Ruby left Aria to purchases it and moved to look around the shop seeing a lot of fae inspired jewellery and clothing. Once Aria was done the headed to Flourish and Blotts for what was on the list and they slow walked around the shop placing things into their basket adding extra art books and sketch pads knowing Poppy would want extra while laid up.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:06 am

"Whose toes would that be?" Marcus laughed. "I haven't heard anything from Ana in months and months. Nor has Poppy. Besides Ana doesn't have custody anymore. I do. Do what you like." 

Angus and Marcus went to St. Mungos, and they were told they had to wait in the lobby because Robert had Poppy in a surgical repair. Marcus paced. It was one thing when he was in surgery and knew what was going on. This was his smallest child, his youngest. This was entirely different.

"Calm down, Dad," Angus said. "She's in safe..." Angus's thoughts were interrupted by hearing a loud nasal sounding voice. It jangled his nerves just by the sounds of it. The same rude nurse was giving what for to a young mother who had a collicky baby that she wasn't able to soothe. The nurse was chewing out the mom, telling her she was a poor mum if she couldn't comfort her own child. The young mom was clearly a first time mom, and the idea that she was a poor mom was causing her so much anxiety, the young mom was having a panick attack while her baby screamed inconsolably. 

"Don't do it," Marcus tried to stop him.

"Sorry. Can't help myself," Angus said. He used wandless magic and cast a spell. And when he did, the nurse began to scream and screech. she was being yanked up off the ground by her granny panties, that were yanking her up in the air and stretching up and up and up, and Angus finally tied her panties into a sailor's knot up over the top of her head.

"Oh, that has to hurt," Marcus frowned, knowing the nurse was having to deal with the wedgie of the year.  "Jess is gonna kill you."

"Maybe. Maybe not," Angus said. Patients in the lobby stood, thunderstruck at first, and then an old man started to applaud, and soon, everyone waiting in the lobby--except Angus and Marcus--were applauding. 

"Well, if Jess can't hear that, then she's definitely deaf," Marcus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:14 am

Jess had finished one part of her job, paper work and now was walking the wards when she heard clapping and whooping. walking over she saw her nurse hanging by her knickers , glancing around she saw Angus and Marcus and sighed but smirked in their direction " okay funs over" she said loudly but she moved closer to Angus and Marcus " even if she did deserve it" she said softly so only they could hear . " okay Josephine go tend to some one else " she said as she calmed the new mother and then calmed the baby placing her hand on the baby's back and gently removing the colic soon he fell asleep in his mothers arms much to her relief. " its normal, this is what Muggles call colic, I'll give you some drops , mix them with his mink and he'll be fine" she said softly with a warm smile. " we have new mother classes here , one starts tomorrow, it teaches you about what to expect for new mothers" she accioed a flyer and handed it to her " and I promise all the nurses there are mothers them selves " she explained.

Once she had reassure the mother she stood up and with a last check she moved over to Angus and Marcus . " okay guys which one of you gave my nurse the wedgie from hell?" shea sked looking more to Angus but she was not annoyed more amused.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:33 am

"She's lucky I didn't twist her ears up in a pair of nigh onto impossible knots in the elastic on those ugly knickers," Angus said. "I hope she does remember me. I hope she knows that if she takes poor care of the patients on her watch when I'm around, the blowback is gonna be on her. She was telling that new mum she was an unfit mum, so I decided to 'unfit' her knickers."

"I'm surprised he left the knickers on her," Marcus said.

"What? Nobody needs that sort of nightmare," Angus frowned. The young mother was trying to head out, to leave the hospital now that Jess had tended to her baby. She paused in front of Angus.

"Thank you," she told Angus softly. "I didn't know what to do for her..."

"A collicky baby can rattle the most experienced parent," Angus said. "You did the right thing to bring her."

"Do you have any children of your own?"

"Six," Angus nodded. 

"Five," Marcus said. "The fact that you brought her here tells me you're a good mum. Come to the classes. I think getting some confidence back would be a good thing."

"I might. Thank you. Her father is gone.  Well, missing, I mean. He went to Romania to study dragons, but he came up missing after the first week. That was two months ago. He's never seen his daughter," she told them.

"Have you reported the fact that he's missing to the ministry?" Marcus asked.

"I tried. They wouldn't listen. Said Romania makes it out of their jurisdiction."

"I work for the ministry," Marcus lied. "Give me his name. Let me see what I can do." He picked up an old newspaper from an end table and wrote down the particulars, including her name and address. The woman thanked him and then left with her baby.

"You want to find him, don't you?" Angus asked.

"So do you. Don't lie. Poppy first, but then maybe we should see if there's anything we can do."

"We can do something today. We can ask Sergio and Ana to look into it."

"Good thought," Marcus said. "Jess, any news yet on how soon we can see Poppy?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:45 am

Jess chuckled and looked to Angus " well that was her second warning so if she does it again shes out permanently" she said making a note in her clip board. When the new mother walked over she smiled as Angus and Marcus answered her. " I have four of my own" she said but then listened to Angus talk to her about her missing husband before saying good by and heading out . " you going to try and find him?" she said with a smile.

Hearing Marcus ask about Poppy she looked at him " its not my department but I can find out " she said motioning to the seats she spoke softer" wait here and I'll find Robert or some one who knows." she said then walked awy to find some one.

After ten minets she walked back smiling " okay shes resting in one of the private rooms, I can take you to her, Robert did an amazing job" she said motining to them to follow her. Walking down a hallway she opened a door into one of the quiter side rooms for children with pictures on the wall and celing that glowed in the dark like starts " here they are" she said stepping back so Angus and Marcus could enter.

Once they were inside Jess walked over to Robert " strike two" she said simply " its been noted and I'll have her moved again" she spoke softly to him then smiled to Angus and Marcus" I'll leave you two in Roberts capable hands" she said and chuckled as the image of the nurse with a wedgy came to mind.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jun 26, 2024 1:04 am

"I don't know yet," Marcus said. "Depends on Poppy. If nothing else, Angus is right, we can contact Sergio and Ana and ask them to do some inquiries and see where it goes."

Marcus went in, and he saw Poppy. She looked even smaller in that big hospital bed. She was a lot more pale than when Marcus had seen her last. It explained for him already why the matron at Hogwarts hadn't tended it herself. This had indeed needed surgery. She was in a light doze. Marcus went over and sat beside the bed, letting her doze a bit.

"What'd you do to my nurse?" Robert asked Angus before Angus could enter Poppy's room.

"Just a harmless little wedgie."

"Now that's entirely too innocent for you. just a wedgie, huh?"

"Well, I might have hung her up in the air by her lime green granny panties," Angus said.

"Oh, lordy," Robert shook his head.

"She goes after another brand new mum like that, and I'll hang her up by her short hairs next time," Angus said.

"We'll handle her," Robert said. "Trust me. Now, I'll go see Marcus." Robert went into the room, and Angus followed.

Robert explained to Marcus that Poppy had been gored by the horns of the graphorn, and that it could have been far more serious than it was. As it was, though, Robert had done surgery to stop the bleeding and to repair some of the internal injuries. This was going to take most of the summer to heal correctly. For now, Robert wanted her on near bedrest conditions. Marcus said firmly that whatever she needed, she'd get.

Poppy woke, and she was immediately relieved when she saw Marcus there. He went over and soothed her and reassured her that he was taking her home with him for a little.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 100 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 62 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top