A Birth day - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 2 of 100 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 2 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jun 10, 2024 9:50 pm

Aria chuckled at Angus words " always in the kitchen " she said smiling to Angus. Hearing him ask about notifying Dennis and the kids she nodded " I got it" she said sending out notes to every one " there " she said seeing them all gather in the front of the duplex then make their way over to them. " food ready" she called to them smiling " and drinks for the adults" she said chuckling.

Ruby chuckled and watched the kids and Dennis walk over " sit where you want" she said smiling leaving the poring of the wine to ether Marcus or Angus. Ari and her placed Caprice and Amari into their high chairs ready to eat , Amari looked at Angus as she spoke " DADA" she called out to him happily.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5079

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jun 10, 2024 10:08 pm

Marcus poured the wine as Dennis chose to sit in between Ginger and Anise. 

"Good grief. I think the last time I saw a spread like this was the last time I ate here with you," Dennis said. "It looks fantastic. I thank you so much for letting me be part of the girls' lives. You didn't have to do that."

"Why wouldn't we?" Angus asked. "You're their dad, and they love you. They want you to be in their lives."

"I am so proud of the beautiful young women they've become," Dennis said. "It really did take me awhile to see it, but their mother was right. They have a much better life as a human than they did living with the pack.  They clearly are learning how to defend themselves, and I don't think I could have found better partners for them than Sam and Victor. And now, my little Anise is a school champion, and in one year's time? They've done exceptionally well with you, Ruby and Angus."

"They've done it on their own. They've worked hard, and they've earned it," Angus said. "Anise asked for steak if she won, so we're having steak. They didn't know we were going to invite you."

"But we're glad you did," Ginger beamed. "Thank you."

"Our pleasure," Angus said. "Tuck in, Everyone."

"What's in the mushrooms?" Sam asked.

"Deviled crab," Angus said.

"God, I love crab," Victor said, spearing a mushroom and plopping it on his plate before passing the platter of mushrooms on.

"Does that mean I get your steak, then?" Sam teased.

"You touch my steak, and I'll break your arm," Victor teased back.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23549
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jun 10, 2024 10:22 pm

Ruby smiled at Dennis as they spoke about Ginger and Anise she smiled to them both " it's our pleasure " she said smiling to both of them. she looked at Sam and Victor and burst out laughing at their banter as did Aria as she took the mushrooms and placed one on her plate with the steak.

"smells delicious." Aria said as she waited for the others to start eating before she started to eat hers as Ruby cut up some food for the baby's who picked up the shredded meat and began to eat.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jun 10, 2024 10:37 pm

Angus and Dennis and Marcus started to eat, and then the kids joined in. It never ceased to amuse Marcus at how lively this house could be until meal time, and then, for several minutes, nobody ever said a word. 

"Have you ever noticed how quiet these kids become at meal time?" Marcus asked.

"That's what happens when they're busy," Angus replied. "If we feed them right, they'll stay quiet."

"We hadn't planned on it," Victor said. "Brian said he and a couple of the crew put in a basketball court on the far side of the obstacle course. We thought we'd go shoot some hoops after supper."

"Basketball?" Dennis asked. "I used to play basketball with my mates. Haven't played in years."

"You should come then," Sam said.

"What about us?" Ginger scowled at Sam.

"Do you know how to shoot?" Sam frowned.

"Better than you," Ginger said, irked. Dennis laughed. 

"Don't tell them. Let them find out. We'll teach them, if they can get a third to play againsts us," Dennis said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jun 10, 2024 10:48 pm

Ruby chuckled and listened to them all " I think that's a good idea what with all the younger Aurors joining us" she said giving Caprice more of the meat and a little bit of the mushroom witch at first she didn't like but as the flavors mixed she ate happily.

Aria chuckled hearing Marcus words and chuckled " oh food it the key to quiet" she said and saw a fae fly past them all at the table. " seems the fae are busy too" she said seeing several now zip past the table " we still looking for Minos's treasure, once all has settled down ?" she asked as she ate a mushroom and loved the flavor. Hearing about the basketball court she smiled " oh I loved playing that when I was younger." she said smiling " But haven't in a long time"
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jun 10, 2024 11:06 pm

"If people see you playing, maybe they'll join in," Marcus suggested. 

"Don't either of you or Dad play?" Victor asked Marcus.

"Its been a long time since I played, and if Robert sees your dad shooting hoops with that shoulder, he's liable to amputate your dad's head at about his shoulders."

"He can only dribble with one hand anyway," Sam said. "Otherwise, he fouls."

"Aria, I nominate you to go play," Angus told her. "I do not need any more issues with Robert today."

"Did you have issues with him?" Sam asked.

"Well, no. Not exactly, but Diamond's adoption is final. Her new name is Amari Gia Donohue," Angus said.

"Nice!" The kids all were elated. "She's official!"

"And that's why Suzanne was all bent out of shape this afternoon, isn't it?" Victor asked.

"Well, yes, she probably is bent out of shape, but I think this attack was planned in advance. Her powers were bound a few days ago, so she wouldn't have been able to contact anyone," Angus said. 

"One of these days, I'm gonna go visit her in her little padded room and pound her into the ground like a tent stake," Sam muttered.

"Nah. She's not worth it. Go shoot hoops after supper instead," Angus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jun 10, 2024 11:38 pm

Aria listened to them talk and chuckled as Angus nominated her to play some basketball with the kids. She also heard them talk of Amari having her name now and officially being a Donohue. " shes not the only thing that's official too" she said with a smirk at Angus as Ruby shook her head and continued to feed Caprice.

"Aria we're celebrating Anises success not mine and Angus nuptials, shes important today" she said placing another shredded pieces of steak in her bowl. She looked at the girls and smiled to them .
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jun 10, 2024 11:56 pm

"Nuptials?" the boys asked.

"Subtle, Ru," Angus sighed. By saying that they weren't celebrating the nuptials, she had outted them anyway. 

"That's why your energy is all wonky," Anise glared right at Angus. "I knew you weren't right the minute I saw you when we got back. "And you didn't tell us? Why would you not include us..."

"Because they didn't bother including me either," Angus said quietly. "I'm sorry. I'll explain later."

"No," Anise was angry now. "No, you can't just drop a bomb like that and then expect us to forget it like you never said it. You would push your own wedding aside for...for what? A dueling match? Have you lost your minds?"

"Anise," Marcus said, "he's telling you the truth. He honestly didn't know."

"Look," Sam said, looking at Angus,  "did you want to marry her or not?"

"Yes, but not today and not in the way it happened," Angus said. "But, yes. We are legally married now. I'm sorry it happened this way. And no, I am not willing to stop celebrating Anise's win and Dennis's being here with us, and Amari's adoption."

"So did you know it was going happen and didn't tell him or us either one?" Sam looked pointedly at Ruby.

"Sam, enough," Angus said. "That's not relevant anymore."

"It bloody well is relevant," Victor scowled.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:23 am

Ruby heard the lids and looked at Angus as she heard him reply " sorry " she said softly. then heard the annoyance in Victor and Sams voice " Hey, we're here to celebrate Anise , nothing else" she said " we can talk about anything else tomorrow , not now" Ruby said as she finished feeding Caprice again glancing at Angus " why do I feel like i'm being punished ?" she asked.

Aria looked at the boys and shook her head as she fed Amari her meat and the mushroom , Amari squished it into much then ate it happily.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:29 am

"Enough," Angus said firmly to the kids. "Not another peep about this from any of you."

"I think I need to go," Dennis said awkwardly, feeling like he didn't belong here right now. "If you'll just..."

"Dennis," Angus said, "I am so sorry for the rude behaviors of my sons. Their conduct tonight is unforgiveable." He looked at all four of the kids. "Your meals are over--right this minute. If you can't behave at the table, you'll leave the table. Don't make this mistake again. Now, get up, all four of you. Don't say a word. Get the damned basketball and go shoot hoops and burn off some of that energy.

"If you don't mind, I did say I'd shoot hoops with them for a short bit, and I'd like to think I'm a man of my word. Do you mind?" Dennis asked Angus.

"Not at all. Be my guest." The kids got up and so did Dennis, and all five of them left the house. Angus got up and started clearing the table, not saying a word.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 100 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top