A Birth day - Page 8
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 8 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 8 of 100 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 54 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 8 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:38 pm

"One of us needs to talk to Robert," Marcus told Angus after Jack left. "I can go see if he's still home or I can send him a paper bird."

"Send him a bird, why don't you? That's always been pretty efficient."

They waited nearly 20 minutes and then the floo opened.

"Marcus?" It was Robert. "One of you trying to reach me?"

"Yes. We were. Do you have a moment?"

"I do. Kate's been training a few new owlets, and one of them got into a hunting mood and took out your paper bird. When Kate got to him, the little blighter was eating your paper bird." That made Marcus and Angus laugh. "I'll be over in a moment. I wanted to check Angus's shoulder before I went in to work anyway. Keep the coffee on. It's still early, after all."

"Thanks," Marcus said. Robert arrived about ten minutes later, and Marcus poured him coffee while Robert changed the dressing on Angus's shoulder. While Robert worked, Angus explained what had happened with the kids last night.

"I have a file of the known criminals that work for Gelding. Do send Anise over to look at them. I'll have Kate help her with that. Maybe we can identify exactly who she was attacked by last night. That might tell us more about who they were there for, at least. In the meantime, though, tell the kids they are not to go to London without one of us with them. And I really don't want them going to Paris or even wandering the village near Edward's estate without one of us, not until we know where the hell Priscilla really is right now. I think we really do need to be quite careful."

"I agree," Angus said. "I told them no more trips to Diagon Alley for the time being but I'll pass the rest of it on, and I'll talk to Evan so that he and Tara know too."

"I can't blame Anise's instincts. She gets that honestly enough from her contact with you. She saw Priscilla, and she wanted to find out what she was up to. I completely understand that. Any of us would have done the same thing and tailed her to find out more. However, they're young, too young honestly to be considered more than trainees yet. I don't' even rank them in my mind as rookies yet. I don't want them ever acting on their own unless its purely self defense. If they see someone like that, I want them going the other way, not going towards them. I do not want them hurt or killed because of inexperience. For now, they will earn their experience by tagging along with one of us. That's plenty of on the job training for right now."

"Agreed," Angus said.

"Your shoulder is starting to respond to the wizard potions and spells I've been able to switch you to, and it's starting to look a good deal better, and I think you're looking stronger too. Much better. We might be able to get this bed out of your living room a couple days sooner than expected if you continue to heal at this rate. As soon as the stitches are out, I'm going to send Andrew back in a couple times a day to start rehab on it. Do not overdo it like you usually want to do. Its been repeatedly damaged, so we need to keep that in consideration when we start rehab."

"Robert, did you see the papers?" Marcus asked.

"Oh. Rita's piece? I saw it," Robert said dryly. "Don't let it concern you for a moment. Khaat and Brian have already seen it, and they're fine..."

"It was started by Evelyn," Marcus said, handing over the crumpled letter. Robert straightened it and read it.

"Hm. Sounds like you need to talk to Jeffrey," Robert said.

"I will, and my father's calling the attorneys this morning."

"Good."

"I'm going to get her, Robert," Angus said. "She's tinkered with people long enough."

"I know that look. You're up to something already."

"Well, I have an idea anyway, but I'll need a spell to do it, and some extra quick quotes quills to practice with. You in?"

"Depends on what you want to do," Robert said.

"Let me see if I can't put together a spell first."

"Do let me know what you want to do before you do it? We don't need more trouble from her."

"Yes, but it might just work."

"In which case, I might be keenly interested," Robert laughed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23598
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:49 pm

Aria and Ruby laughed at Rosaria and how she fussed over the foot stool puppies and the footstools in Michaels. After and hour Ruby suggested they head to home with everything they had bought fudge, tobacco and new wands. Taking Carlos and Rosaria's hand Aria and Ruby ported them back to the duplex both siting down on the couch . " did Simone get the babies, sorry I forgot to send a note over to say we were leaving and they were still sleeping." Ruby said to Angus.

Aria moved to Marcus and spoke to him softly " we saw two men watching us they followed us to Michaels so we stayed for a bit and then ported back, not sure who they were or what they wanted." she told him " I also rad Rita's story, and boy is it a story" she told him showing him her paper that she enlarged then crumpled and threw in the fire.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5128

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:07 pm

"I was going to get them, but Ginger and Anise took care of them and took them to Simone and Edward," Angus said.

"They followed you from Diagon Alley to Hogsmeade?" Marcus frowned. He wasn't certain how anyone could have done that because the trip had been rather impulsively made, and there hadn't been a set itinerary for it. He listened to Aria tell him she'd seen the papers. "I'm not necessarily concerned because most sensible wizards know Rita makes it all up as she goes along. Still, I feel bad for Khaat because she's being accused of being unfaithful, and she's never been that. And, I feel for my kids because they're being dragged all through the press for something that has really nothing to do with them. Most things Rita writes are soon forgotten, so we'll hope this goes that way too."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:13 pm

Aria listened to Marcus and nodded " I know, I think it was two different men but they defiantly were looking in our direction" she said Ruby breathed out and smiled to Angus.

"Thank goodness for the girls" Ruby said " even if they broke curfew, wonder how their doing on the assault course with Jack?" she asked with a chuckle knowing he would be putting them threw their paces big time.

Aria looked at Marcus as he said he felt bad for Khaat and she nodded " yeah not the publicity she needs right now, and I feel the kids know what's what and whose with whom, they're bright kids you have their"" Aria said with a smile to him
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:32 pm

"Well, I didn't send Anise because of the bruising she took to her face. Ginger and the boys did the running track this morning, not the obstacle course. I'm not going to send Anise out there today. She's uncomfortable enough. I'm not going to add to that for her," Angus said.

"Oh, I did give her a little pain potion this morning when they ate," Marcus said. "I forgot to tell you, Angus."

"No problem. I'm glad you did," Angus said. "We both know what that sort of a beating to the face feels like."

"Yeah. I saw her heading back to her room, so I presume she's resting while her pain reduced for her," Marcus said. "I'll check on her in a bit."

"Marcus does have bright kids," Angus said. "They deserve better that Rita Skeeter tinkering with their family."

"You hold tight to your word, Mate," Marcus said. "Angus told Robert he wants to teach Rita a bit of a lesson. Robert isn't opposed to it, so long as Angus talks to him ahead of time about what he wants to do."

"And that depends on if I can come up with a spell that works," Angus said. "So how'd your trip go otherwise? Did Rosaria and Carlo like Sparks? You know, they've talked about wanting to go sightseeing here for as long as I can remember. Maybe Edward and Simone will take them to do that."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:41 pm

Aria looked at Marcus then to Angus and chuckled " oh boy that's gonna be a good spell" she said and chuckled Ruby did the same knowing exactly how Angus thought .

"oh they loved it we went to the tobacconist and Carlos chose his tobacco and cigarette's and cigars to take back with him, Rosaria loved sparks she said the food was interesting but she said the chef had talent. Ruby went to Olivander's and replaced her wand " Aria motioned for Ruby to show them and she slipped it out of its holder to show them.

"its different to the old one , Olivander said it was because I had grown" she said and smiled placing it down on the table beside Angus so he could look at it. Aria smiled and looked at Marcus .

" we did stop at Sugarplum's Sweet Shop and.." she took out a large bag with Fudge inside it enlarging it before handing it to Marcus " that should be enough for the month" she said chuckling. It was now Ruby remembered something and retched into her pocket taking out a small velvet box opening it , inside lay a pair of small heart shaped Dimond earrings that she placed next to her wand.

" I went in to that jewellers and saw these, thought they would be perfect" she said smiling to Angus.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:11 am

"Sounds like you did well," Angus said. "You got a good looking wand, and you had a good trip to Sparks and did some shopping. I think Asia will love the earrings, and they're tiny enough that she can wear them every day without feeling like she has to save them for those rare special occasions. I want her to feel comfortable enough to wear them, so the fact that they're really tiny will help. Nice choice."

Marcus went to the kitchen and warmed up his coffee and Angus's, and he was coming back to the living room when a letter fluttered out of the floo.

"Snag that, Angus," Marcus called. Angus cast a wandless spell to accio the letter.

"Its' for you, Marcus," Angus told him.

"Open it,' Marcus told him. Angus opened it and read it.

"It's from Jeffrey," Angus said. "He says that Evelyn managed to subvert an orderly and got him to contact her attorney. That orderly is no longer with my organization, but it is clear to me that the damage has already been done. I have contacted my facility's attorney to see if there is any assistance I can provide you. I am told I can reveal to you that we have no blue bloods in our facility at this time, but I told our attorney I was sure you already surmised that. If I were you, though, I would not want to presume that her attempt to take legal action is not valid until or unless you hear that from your own legal advisors. I have also been told that she has sent letters to each of the children, but I have no copies of them or I would send them to you. Do stay in touch, and I will help you as I can. Sincerely, Jeffrey."

"I am not surprised in the least," Marcus said. "She is very good at seducing men to get whatever she wants."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:21 am

Ruby smiled and closed the small case placing it back in her pocket " I'll put them with my jewellery until her birthday" she said smiling but then watched as an envelope fluttered out the floo and at Marcus request Angus caught it. Reading it allowed she shook her head " that facility it top notch I'm glad he's not working for Jeffery any longer that's a serious breach of ethics." she said softly not angry just disappointed at the man for what he had done.

Aria listened too and chuckled " oh, that girl has been scammed, Jeremy is never wrong , I believe he does in-depth background checks on his clients" she said not wanting to use the term patients feeling it was slightly demeaning to the people who he helps. She looked over at Marcus and spoke again " that's what you spoke to Robert about and are letting him deal with" she said smiling " good choice"
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:38 am

"Well, that's not entirely how it's being handled," Marcus said. "My dad probably has already called my attorney by now, and I would guess that my attorney is on it. He already knows exactly how the kids feel about their mother. Angus, tell them what Robert is doing in this."

"He's getting me an entire case of quick quote quills because I asked him to," Angus said. "And so far, that's it."

"Presumably, he's hoping to jinx her quill," Marcus said. "But if I know him, this won't be any run of the mill jinx, not if he's going to create the spell himself."

"Darned right," Angus said. "Robert wants to know what the spell does once I get it done, but so far that's all he's doing."

"You really are looking to get her, aren't you?" Marcus asked.

"I might have learned a thing or two by watching Michael and Robert pranking each other with that damned boggart for so many years," Angus said with an ornery grin.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:42 am

Aria heard Marcus then burst out laughing as they sad they were going to prank Rita Skeeter with the quills " oh nice" she said still laughing " she won't be able to write properly at all, after what she did she deserves it."

Ruby laughed as well knowing it would be fun to watch it all unfold. "well he's a good influence " she said and chuckled then looked to Marcus " lets hope your lawyer an get her to stop permanently now the kids are old enough to tell her themselves." she said to him smiling.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 100 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 54 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top