A Birth day - Page 88
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 88 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 88 of 100 Previous  1 ... 45 ... 87, 88, 89 ... 94 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 88 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:13 am

Ruby listened to Robert and nodded " I'll contact him as soon as I can , I..I think this has rattled me more than it should" she said taking a deep breath in and calming herself once more. Hearing Marcus and looking to where Angus lay sleeping she smiled as he said he would tell her if she had anything to worry about. " your right, I'm just tired " she said and looked to Robert and Marcus. " I do ned to talk to Nigel again" she moved to where Angus was sleeping and kissed his cheek " sleep well my love" she said and smiled to Robert before she headed to the cabin and lay down on the bed hugging a pillow instead of what should have been Angus.

Once Aria saw Ruby leave and go to her cabin she walked in and lent on the door frame " I'll keep an eye on her" she said softly " so sleeping beauty's goanna be okay?" she said as she then stood up " I'll leave you gentlemen to keep watch, just wanted to make sure Ruby was okay, which she's obviously not" she added with a nod to Marcus.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:24 am

"Yes. of course," Robert told Aria. "Why don't you get Evan to get someone from the charter office to run you and Ruby back to Edward's? Nigel's magic is fully functional, so he can get in touch with Jeffrey for her, and it might do her good to give Nigel a hand in arranging a temporary space for Angus in Edward's bedroom. I'm guessing he's put a temporary hospital bed in there so we can sit him up without jarring that shoulder, but even so, Nigel is only going to consider the medical things. She would be the one I'd ask to get him a couple pairs of pajama trousers, maybe a couple books or whatever else she thinks he might want or like to spend a couple days in Edward's room. Maybe doing something constructive would be good for her. I'm not sure she needs to sleep as much as she needs to be useful, but that's just my opinion."

"I think that's a really good idea, Robert, and I think Aria is just the woman for the job. Maybe you can get Rosaria to think of a decent early supper for all of us. And, I bet the boys will want to go with you because that would give them a little time with the girls since their school day was uprooted for all this. Just don't let the kids get into any trouble, okay? I'm not sure what has her so sure that Angus is going to die but he's nowhere near it, and the sooner she gets that bullshit out of her head, the better off she'll be. If she needs to go back to Switzerland for a day or two, then she needs to do it, but, like Robert, that's just my humble opinion."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:01 am

Aria listened to Robert and nodded " good idea" she said " I'll arrange it with Even and get her back and busy " she said just as a spark came from the palm of her hand " wow , what was that?" she said and tried to cast a spell" Lumos" she said and her wand lit up and she smiled " hum, looks like mines back" she said turning off the light. then she paused " right Even" she said with a chuckle and headed up to the deck to find Even "Hey captain, can we go ashore, Robert things Ruby could use something to do rather than sit here" she said to him.

Ruby woke only after five minute's and headed up deck seeing Aria she smiled "what's happening?" she asked as Aria moved to stand with her "We are going home" she said " just spoke to Even he's arranging it for us so you and I can get things ready for when Angus comes home when Robert gives the okay" she added and saw Ruby's shoulders relax at the realisation she was headed home. " Now go pack what little you have and get ready." she told Ruby who nodded and headed down to the cabin.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:26 am

"I agree," Evan said. "I should know her better than I do, but she doesn't seem to be coping well. Angus mentioned that sometimes she doesn't deal well, and he's said he feels he has to hide things from her. I hadn't ever seen that til now. I see it now though. This is why he gets so damned closed and reclusive again. He did that when we were kids, and I couldn't figure out why he was doing it again. Now I get it. He's trying to protect her." He reached in his pocket and got out a set of car keys. "I've got a car at the charter office. We can take that. I don't use it a lot but I'm glad I have it. The kids were already at me, all four of them, all wanting to go back to our place. So, I don't know if that's going to be okay with Angus and Ruby but I had Tara come and apparate them home. They seem to understand that Angus is going to be okay, and they're good with it."

Marcus was sitting with Angus, almost in a half doze in the silence, and a jolt like an electrical shock hit both his hands and then raced through his body like lightning.

"Ouch! Damnit," Marcus shook his hands, trying to rid himself of the sensation.

"What was that?" Robert frowned.

"I don't know. It was like I put both hands in a muggle electric outlet," Marcus said.

"Try your magic," Robert said. Marcus tried to levitate a pair of surgical scrubs off a countertop, and it worked. "Nice! Well done. Well, you're back in business, my friend."

"Good. You?"

"Not yet, but it'll come. At my age, everything seems to move slower," Robert teased. "Why don't you go and pack anything that you and Angus have here?"

"We don't. We packed a duffel bag with just a change of clothes, each of us, and I don't know that it came with us off the sailboat. I think all we have is what's on us."

"Well, that's rather what I figured. Angus is probably going to be limited to a hospital gown until we get him home. We're either going to have to apparate him, or I probably will need to hire an ambulance to move him home."

"He's not going to like that. My magic is back. If he can stand for half a tick, I'll apparate him there," Marcus said.

"Fair enough," Robert nodded.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:36 am

Aria chuckled and nodded " yeah, I've only known her a short time myself, but yeah she has her moments" she said " oh Robert said it was okay for them to go together, he expected them to want to spend some time together since schooling was disrupted." she told Even, seeing the keys she chuckled "I haven't rode in a muggle car in years" she said and smiled at him " this will certainly bring back memories." she said with a chuckle.

Ruby looked around the cabin realizing she had nothing that was hers there. Turning around she walked back up and walked over to Aria and Even. " I'm ready , didn't have anything " she said and chuckled as she looked to Even then Aria.

"we're going in a muggle car" she said and looked to Even again " come on lets go" she added as she walked to the gangplank and onto the dock. Ruby followed cautiously behind her with Even as they moved to the charter office where she knew the car would be waiting. " oh we have to ask Rosaria for something hearty to eat as well, for every one when we get back, I think we all could use a good meal" she said as they walked.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:53 am

"If I know her, she's probably already thought of that," Evan laughed. "This way. It's the black Mercedes." He pointed to the Mercedes sedan. He opened the doors for Aria and Ruby and then got in himself. "I rather enjoy driving. I mainly use this car if I need to pass myself off as a muggle. It solves a multitude of issues rather than trying to always make sure I'm going to land in a back alley when I apparate. The car is just so much easier. Besides, it keeps my driving skills up to snuff."

As they got back to the house, they saw a long stretch limosine pulling up in front of the house, and Carlo got out of the driver's seat.

"A limo..." Evan began. And then it registered with him. "Ah. Edward. He's at least two steps ahead of the rest of us, it seems. This limosine is actually a smaller one, it holds six people in the back. There is a traditional bench seat that seats two or, if its crowded, three. But there's a long bench that extends up the side, and it seats four more. I think he's thinking that if we use the limo, we could drive Angus home so he can sit up or it also would let him lie down on the seat if he feels like it. If we can't apparate him home, I think the limo would be a fine idea. I should have known he'd come up with something."

As they were getting out of the mercedes, a couple of the grounds crew from Brian's place got up from a couple of chairs outside, not noticing Evan and Aria and Ruby, and they apparated out.

"Hm. What do you want to bet they were bringing some medical equipment of Robert's from home?" Evan laughed. "This is what happens when Edward has a project. He thinks of bloody near everything.

They went in the house, and Rosaria was looking incredibly rushed. She was standing in the front foyer and she was rattling off a very long list of things to do, including putting sheets on the bed upstairs and number of other things. Evan sighed.

"Maybe we came at the right time to help her get ahead on things," Evan said. "Or not?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:05 am

Ruby paused then walked to the car and climbed in " I can understand that" she said buckling in as Aria slid in next to her looking around like a kid in a candy store at the inside of the car.

"I think I should learn to drive" she said this made Ruby chuckle." just in case " she added and looked out the window as Even drove them up to the main house. Ruby got out and watched as the limo sat waiting then the men aperated out to who knows where but she nodded when Even reckoned they were going to fetch the medical equipment from their house. " could be, I should help Rosaria" she said and headed inside.

Aria stepped out of the car and smiled " nice ride" she said smiling as she ran her hand over the paintwork. Looking up she nodded " be easier to transport Angus too he can lay down while they tend to him. " but if I'm guessing right Marcus's magic should have come back since mine has even not fully yet" she said then chuckled as Ruby headed inside " come on she can't speak a lick of Spanish" she said and followed her inside " Rosaria, Rosaria Ruby se encargará del equipo para Angus. ¿Podrías preparar algo de comer para todos, por favor?" ("Rosaria Ruby will tend to the  equipment for Angus could you make something for every one to eat please?") Aria asked noting Ruby was already organising the medical equipment and so leaving Rosaria to deal with the food "Puedo ayudarte si quieres?"("I can help you if you want?") she glanced at Even and nodded " thanks for the ride, We got this, I think you should get back to the ship in case they need help?" she said
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:31 am

"Why does she need to speak Spanish?" Evan frowned. "Rosaria speaks Spanish, certainly, but Italian is her native language. I thought Ruby spoke Italian. I'm confused." He followed them inside but saw that Aria had it under control. He simply decided to let Aria deal with it, and he decided to get back.

Angus woke, and, this time he was feeling a little less weighted down by it all. He found himself in the sickbay and Marcus was there. He didn't see anyone else. Marcus's eyes were temporarily shut.

"Marcus?" Angus called.

"Well," Marcus smiled, opening his eyes. "So you are in there after all."

"I think. How long has it been?"

"Just a few hours. It'll be supper time soon. Some of our lot has gone back to Edward's."

"We're docked?"

"Oh yes. Hours ago."

"Marcus, I have to go see Ruby," Angus said, trying to get up.

"No, now, wait," Marcus stood up and tried to ease him back to the pillows, as Robert came back in. "Wait, Angus. She's not here. Wait. She went back to Edwards..."

"I have to get to her. I'm the only one who can fix this. I caused it, and I have to fix it..."

"Angus," Robert said, "look at me. What is it?"

"Ruby isn't coping. She wasn't up to something like this happened. She wasn't coping. She was already falling apart. And then, after the boat blew, she really wasn't okay then. I knew it. I'm the only one who can fix it. This has all been a lie. This fragile person must be who she really is. Maybe she's been pretending with me all this time to be so strong..."

"Calm," Robert said quietly. "Calm down and look at me. You don't know any of that. Angus, regardless of her reasoning, you are not in charge of her thoughts, her feelings or her behaviors. This is hers. You didn't start it, and you can't fix it. The only one who can fix her is her. I suggested she call Jeffrey. I suggest you let her do that, and you leave it alone. You have a big enough job right now fixing yourself..."

"What spell did you use? Why am I feeling so strange..."

"Muggle drugs, Lad. It was necessary. I'll explain it later..."

"Take me home, damnit, or I swear I'll crawl if I have to..."

"I think we should take the chance and apparate him home," Marcus said. Robert sighed.

"Perhaps," Robert sighed. "If we do this, it's going to be my way. Understand me?" Robert looked at Angus.

"Mine," Angus insisted.

"Mine, or you don't go at all. Don't think I can't keep you here because I bloody well can."

"Angus, it doesn't matter how you get back to Edwards. Lets just do it," Marcus said, negotiating for peace.

It was about fifteen minutes later when they arrived, but they apparated back to Edward's, and they landed just outside the front door. Robert was on Angus's good side, and Marcus was doing all the weight bearing on Angus' bad side. Angus heard Rosaria shriek loudly.

"She's seen you, apparently," Marcus said. "Now the whole bloody neighborhood will know. Best we get you inside and upstairs." Marcus apparated again, and they landed in the upstairs hallway right between Angus's room and Edward's. Angus felt like he was not going to be able to stand more than another moment at best.

"Oh, for the love of everything holy, give us a heads up, would you?" Nigel was his usual snarky self. "This way." He led them into Edward's room.

"No, no, this isn't right. This isn't my room," Angus was trying to protest even as Marcus was sitting Angus down on the adjustable bed they'd brought from home. Marcus and Robert and Nigel were basically just sort of hearing him but doing what needed to be done anyway.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:41 am

Ruby finished laying sheets down and setting out the things Robert had asked for, books to read and she'd managed to get a soda for Angus with some ice to keep it cold. Now hearing the shriek she headed down to see them back " all's ready for you in Edward's room." she said to Robert " Good to see you awake " she said and smiled to him.

Aria was in the kitchen with Rosaria and looked to Even as he spoke " huh, I always thought it was Italian, explains the confused look when I start talking to her, oh well, I can switch and ruby in her state at the moment, I don't think she could speak her own language let alone Italian " she said and chuckled as she helped Rosaria prepare Beef Ragu along with Chicken Piccata for a warm filling meal for them. Hearing the screech from Rosaria she looked up and chuckled. "They must be back" she said to Even and motioned with her head." go he is your brother , make sure he's good" she said putting the food into terracotta bowls with lids to keep warm and carrying them to the table where Rosaria had set everything ready.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:25 pm

"It's fine, Ru. I'm fine. It's no big thing," Angus said, trying to look alright, trying to make it alright. "This isn't my room..."

"He's trying but he's only about half focused, Ruby," Nigel told her. "That's the muggle drugs. They take hours to wear off. Actually, he's doing very well for all he's been through today." They tucked him into bed, and Marcus knew Angus was extremely restless here. He knew Angus would not want to chase Edward out of his room."

"Angus," Marcus said, covering Angus, "this was Edward's plan. I'll explain it later, for now, let's just not try to go uphill against Edward, shall we? You know how he gets, and consider this. If you're here, Ruby won't be all uprooted out of your room with healers buzzing in and out for the next couple days. This might well be a good deal better for her."

"Angus," Nigel said, "you need some rest, but I know they've got food ready. You need to try to stay awake long enough to get a meal..."

"I ate earlier," Angus said quietly.

"That was hours and hours ago, Mate," Marcus said gently. "You should try to eat just a little. Then you can sleep." Angus didn't want any food. His drugged brain was racing about as fast as it was capable of going at the moment, and the realizations that were coming to him were making him sick in every cell he had. She had been fine. She had gotten better--until she had come back to him. Jeffrey had her better, and then she came back home--to him. And now she was like this again. Angus believed that it was him, him and his selfish lifestyle as a fighter and his inability to give it up, that had caused her all this damned damage. It was him. He'd 'broken' her.

"I can't stay," he told Marcus quietly.

"You've got it wrong, Mate," Marcus said.

"I don't think so. Look at the facts...She's a good mom. She can make a go of it with the kids, but I'll...I don't know...I..."

"Angus," Robert sat on the edge of the bed, "look at me and try to focus in. You have never, in your entire life, had muggle medicines til now. I am sorry I had to use them today, because all our magic, everyone's, was on the blink. I had no choice. If I hadn't, you'd have bled out and died..."

"And maybe I should have..."

"Listen. You have to listen," Robert said quietly. "You absolutely cannot make any decisions like this. You'll regret every one of them. She needs time and so do you. You owe that to her, and you owe it to yourself. And, beyond all that, you owe that to every one of the six kids that are in your care. They depend on both of you. For now, just for a couple days, give this to me. Let me have it. You're going to have to rest whether you like it or not." As Robert was speaking, Nigel touched Angus, and Angus felt a strong wave of calm run through him, and his eyes fluttered shut.

"Right now, you're not in any condition even just to decide whether you have milk in your tea or not, much less anything else, Son," Nigel told Angus. "I have to make you step back from this. You're going to rest now, one way or another. When you're able to talk about this, I'll allow it, but, believe me, that isn't going to be today."

Marcus saw the soda and the glass with ice, and he cracked it open and poured it for Angus.

"Here. Looks like Ruby left you a soda. I'm sure you're thirsty." He helped him with several sips of it."

"Fluids are good for him right now, and I don't care what he drinks so long as it isn't alcohol," Nigel said. "Whatever you can get him to drink. I'll go see what they have cooking. He should eat a little bit while he's awake, even if it's just a little."
Nigel went downstairs and saw the food sitting out on the sideboard in the dining room. He got a large pasta bowl and he spooned some of Rosaria's cheesy polenta in the bottom of the bowl and put a chicken breast over top as Rosaria came in with a large tossed salad and set it out as well. She asked Nigel if it was for Angus, and when he nodded, she snatched the bowl from him and took two forks and shredded the tender chicken breast so that he wouldn't have to battle cutting it with one arm, chiding Nigel the entire time about how he clearly didn't know how to prepare a serving of food for someone with one hand. Nor did she think he had any idea of how to care for 'her boy' that she had mothered and cared for almost his entire life. When she had the bowl prepared to her satisfaction, she shoved the bowl back at Nigel and picked up a fork and spoon and shoved them into his other hand and waved him off sternly. He cast her a raised eyebrow, not accustomed to anyone thinking they dare treat him that way, and then he simply turned to walk back upstairs.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 88 of 100 Previous  1 ... 45 ... 87, 88, 89 ... 94 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top