A Birth day - Page 89
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 89 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 89 of 100 Previous  1 ... 46 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 94 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 89 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:47 am

Ruby was deep in her book when she heard the knock on the door , seeing Michael she smiled " evening" she said but on hearing why he was there she put her book down " my that sounds bad" she said but also hearing Jess had tended to him he relaxed . Hearing Angus sugest they culd call in and see if they could find out anything she nodded " of course we could" she said and smiled to Angus and michael as the spoke she looked at Marcus and chuckled " Im sure Aria will help out and find those potion theves." she added " best ask her in the morning as shes sleeping I think Khaat wore her out good style today." Ruby said and chuckled.

Jack headed up to their room showered and climbed into bed laying next to Jess. " will he be okay?" he asked and Jess nodded next to him.

"yes its just a sprain, bad one but just the same a sprain." she said " his bruising should have eased by the morning, if not I'll notify Nigel and he can take alook at it, now sleep" she said and Jack chuckled next to her kissing the top of her head.

"night dear" he said softly as he drifted to sleep.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:09 pm

"Since I'm over there, why don't you let me ask her before i turn in tonight?" Michael asked. "It'll save you the trip, Marcus."

"That does make more sense," Marcus nodded.

"Well, I'm not going to keep you. I have a feeling I'll be rooting Nigel out of bed in a few hours, and he will be quite rank with me when I do it," Michael said. "So, I'll say goodnight and get some sleep while its still peaceful. Goodnight, All."

"'Night, Michael," Angus said, as Michael left to go back to the main house.

"You know what's going to happen, right?" Angus said to Marcus and Ruby.

"That we're going to go to bed and get some sleep?" Marcus asked.

"Until the mushroom cloud rises up from the main house," Angus said. "Kate is going to blow a gasket. I dont' think its going to be any secret that he's going to be covered in bruises from a fall like that."

"That fall could have killed him, especially at his age," Marcus said. "I've seen younger men killed from that."

"Yes. So have I," Angus said. "And so has Kate. Clearly she doesn't know about this yet because if she had, Nigel would already be here, because Kate would have climbed all over Robert and Michael both until he was called or she'd have gotten ahold of Lee and made it happen. She's going to have a mammoth conniption, and I expect some major explosion over there between now and breakfast."

"I hadn't really considered Kate yet, but you're absolutely right," Marcus said. "And, frankly, he's too valuable for the ministry to lose let alone for St. Mungos to lose. There will be new pressures for him to be safe. He isn't going to want a bodyguard, but if he's laid up at home for a few days, that might take some of the pressure off him. However, that also means that the press might well focus more on Khaat looking to her for some little tidbit of news."

"That could be bad," Angus said. "Aria hasn't experienced a mob of reporters and paparazzi."

"I'll have to step back in to take care of Khaat if that happens. That's my speciality, not Aria's. However, she's fresher at investigative tasks. Maybe she's the one we need to ask to try to get the potions thieves under wraps."
"If worse comes to worse, I could go with Khaat when she decides to go in, and that would free you and Aria up," Angus said. "I mean, I get the basic instructions. Keep the bad guys away. I think I could manage for part of a day."

"That isn't a bad thought either," Marcus said.

"Ruby and I will still go and take a look around, just in case there's something to be found, and then I could come back, get Khaat and take her in."

"And I'll talk to Aria about the potions thieves some time in the morning. Aria and I really don't need a whole day off under the circumstances. She'd absolutely be the first to understand. I'll talk to her after we sign the papers, and then, I'm sure one of us could either take her or relieve you, however the timing works out."

"I think we have a plan," Angus nodded.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:27 pm

Ruby sat listening to the men talking as she read, hearing them she looked up at Angus " I would love to go with you" she said smiling at him. " and you right doesn't harm having a fresh set of eyes take a look" she said as she looked at both of them.

" you know it's a given that Aria will want to go with you," she said as she closed the book and placed it down on the table in front of her as she looked at both men.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:44 pm

"I don't recall of St. Mungos having problems with anyone stealing potions before," Angus frowned.

"Well, I think Robert and Khaat have put a lot of protections charms in place, and I doubt that they put any sort of potentially addicting charms just lying around anywhere where someone could just help themselves to them," Marcus said.

"Well, and aside from the obvious potential of someone reselling them, it does make me wonder if there is someone that is in need of some sort of medical care that they're swiping potions," Angus said.

"Doubtful," Marcus replied. "They've instituted so many new financial aid policies so now, if someone can't afford it, it doesn't keep them from getting the care they need. I think this probably is purely someone reselling them on the streets."

"Sounds like we should check the protections on the potions lab too, then," Angus told Ruby. "Just in case."

"And there will be more potions stored in each A&E treatment room, in the nurses stations on each wing and in the various clinics. It's a lot of ground to cover," Marcus said.

"That's okay," Angus said. "We're up for it, right, Ru?"

"I'm fine with Aria coming along," Marcus said. "It would be good experience for her, but, at the same time, we need to get this potions swiping remedied before more hospital staff gets hurt, and that's right down her alley. That's where her major skill set is, so if anybody could wrap it up quickly, I think it'll be her. I'll talk to her and see what her thoughts are She's never had to deal with a press mob. Khaat actually does very well with them. She has developed enough of a presence with them that she can keep them satisfied most of the time, but it is important for me to keep her moving as much as I can to try to get her out of them before the mob gets bigger. And, once word gets out about Robert being attacked inside the hospital, she'll be mobbed for certain. I don't want her even attempting to go in without me tomorrow."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:51 pm

Ruby listened to them talk again and smiled to Angus "Hum could be some one who is hurt but dosn't want to go to the hospital for fear of reprisals?" she said then nodded to Angus " it will be enlitening, and get me out this house a bit more" she said chukaling to him as they continued to talk about the media rabble that would no dought be at St Mungos when they arrived due to the werewolf attack and theft of the potions.

Ruby now stood up and went to take out the clothes from the washer and placed them into the dryer to dry for the kids the next day. " okay so thats the plan for tomorrow, Angus and I will head to st Mungos with Khaat and while one stays with Khaat the other will take alook around while you two go and get the cotage." at those words she smiled before continuing" then you with Aria will come and help look around, that right?" she asked glancing from Angus to Marcus and back.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:03 pm

"When Aria and I get there, I plan on staying with Khaat, leaving you and Angus and Aria to investigate," Marcus said. "Other than that, yes. I think you've got it." He checked the clock. "Alright, I'm going to make my last check and head to bed. It's going to be another early morning." He got up and headed over to Edward's to start his night check.

"I think he's got the right idea. We should get some sleep too," Angus said, getting up. He dimmed the lights, not turning them out entirely, so that Marcus could see while he made his check of the doors and windows. "I'm heading upstairs. You coming?" He went upstairs, checking the nursery to make sure that the baby was asleep. Then he hit the showers, changed for bed, and then set a small fire in the bedroom fireplace just to take the chill off the room. He turned out the lights, finding the light from the fireplace was enough. He got into bed and stretched out, yawning.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:08 pm

Ruby chuckled to Marcus then heard him talk of his last check before bed. she smiled and nodded to Angus as he said he was headed up " yeah, its late" she said and moved to take his hand so they could walk up to bed together, she smiled seeing Caprice laid on her tummy the blanket held in her hand as she slept " so peacful " she said then walked with him to the bedroom while he showered she changed into her PJ's and slipped into bed waiting for Angus.

Now warm and comfortable she saw the soft light from the fire dance about the room as Angus had lit it. She could not help smile at how perfect things seem to be at that monet and smiled when Angus left the bathroom and headed to his side of the bed. Seeing and hearing him yawn she cuddled against him " night dear" she said softly as she too fell asleep.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:21 pm

"Night, Ru," Angus said, slipping into sleep. He got up early, dressed in a black suit with a white shirt and a dark tie so that his position that morning as one of Khaat's bodyguards would not be mistaken. He went downstairs, set the coffee to brew, and while the coffee was brewing, he put a huge skillet of scrambled eggs on to cook, a big sheet pan of slices of bread to toast in the oven, and another sheet pan, this one of slices of bacon to crisp in the oven. About that time, Finn came downstairs and wanted to go out. Angus flicked his finger at the door to open it for Finn and poured himself his first cup of coffee for the day, and then went to stir the skillet of eggs.

Marcus came downstairs dressed like Angus. He poured himself coffee and then poured some kibbles in the bowl for Finn and fetched the morning newspaper from the porch.

"I smell bacon," Marcus said.

"You do," Angus said. "I'm making a maple glazed bacon."

"What's that?"

"Crispy bacon that has a maple syrup glaze. Done right, the syrup solidifies into a thin, crispy crust on the bacon, that adds just a wee sweet treat on the smoky bacon," Angus explained.

"Sounds decadent."

"It should be," Angus laughed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:27 pm

Ruby woke when Angus did and went to shower and dress in a black dress light blouse and black jacket with low heels as she knew she probably be on her feet a lot. Now clean and dressed she put her hair up and headed down the stairs " morning , oh that coffee and do I smell bacon?" she asked Angus a she moved to take a cup at thw same time as kiss his cheek as she finishe dporing her cup then walked to the couch to sit down " so will I do?" she asked looking at both of them.

Now sat sipping her coffee she looked at Angus in his suit " you should wear a suit more often, you look hot" she said with a smirk as she looked over the top of her cup at him.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:02 pm

"You do smell bacon," Angus said. He took the skillet and poured the eggs into a large serving bowl and put the bowl on the table. Then he took out the slices of toast, put them on a plate and put them on the table too, along with a platter of the maple glazed bacon. Marcus helped himself to a slice of the crispy bacon and bit into it.

"God, why did we ever do bacon differently?" Marcus grinned. "This is great, Mate. You need to do this all the time."

"I could. It really isn't difficult," Angus said. He looked at Ruby and smiled. "You look very nice. Professional. I don't think you'll be questioned." When she complimented his suit, he smiled. "Thanks. i don't' know that I was looking for hot, but I'll take it." The kids came up, ready to pack their lunches but then they saw breakfast was ready, so they sat down and fixed their plates.

"You guys better tuck in before the kids get all of it," Marcus told Ruby and Angus.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 89 of 100 Previous  1 ... 46 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 94 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top