A Birth day - Page 17
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 17 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 17 of 100 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 58 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 17 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:08 am

Aria heard Marcus tend to Angus and she walked to the nursery where she watched as Ruby washed and redressed Caprice into a pink onesie then tucked her into her crib where she fell into a deep sleep quickly after all her activity. Moving to the bedroom Aria moved to the bathroom and cleaned up for Ruby placing the baby clothes into the basket before she showered and changed into her nightwear ready for bed.

Once done she passed by Angus and Rubys' room seeing how Ruby lay curled against him and she smiled as she entered Marcus' room " Hope you don't mind" she said walking over and sitting on the bed next to him then laying down to curl against him loving the feeling of being safe against him. " I checked all the doors and windows there all locked but Im guessing you've done that too," she spoke softly until she found herself falling into a deep sleep beside him with a smile on her face.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Aug 16, 2023 7:35 pm

"I don't mind," Marcus told her as he turned out the light. "I always make that check. It's just a necessary part of the job of a bodyguard that I can't deligate to someone else. Even if someone else did that check, if someone or something got through and got inside, the liability would fall on me for being negligent about not making sure that things were secure before I stood down. So, no, I don't mind, but it isnt something you'll need to do because its something I'm required to do.

Angus woke a little before five, and, not feeling like he wanted to try to go back to sleep, he got up and washed, shaved and dressed. He went downstairs, made coffee, fed Finn and then let him out. He saw Evan and the kids going for their morning run before the kids went to work. He knew he probably needed to get back into training but he really just didn't feel like going. Instead, he took his coffee and went outside and walked in the back yard, looking at the garden and the flowerbeds. The weeds hadn't sprung back up yet, so they still looked good. There were summer fruits, vegetables, and herbs that all needed picking.

Marcus got up at five and dressed and saw Angus's side of the bed empty. Angus was obviously up, then. He looked in on the baby and saw she was still sleeping. Good. No rush to wake her up. He went downstairs to see that Angus had made coffee. No tea made, no breakfast started. Marcus didn't particularly need to have both made. He was fine with drinking coffee in the morning. It was just a sign that Angus was a bit out of his routine. He saw Finn busy eating his kibbles, so that was what he'd accomplished--coffee and feeding the dog. Marcus looked outside and saw Angus, with his coffee, just walking in the backyard,, looking at the plants in the garden. Marcus believed Angus was just starting his day a little slower, and there was nothing wrong wtih that. Marcus poured himself a cup of coffee and fetched the morning paper from the front porch.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Aug 16, 2023 7:43 pm

Aria felt Marcus move to get dressed for the day and sat up waiting until he'd left she too showered and dressed for the day before heading down to see his back as he went out on the porch. Smiling she started breakfast she started with a Avocado, Chèvre and Bacon Omelette then moved to make Apple and Maple Baked Oatmeal for those who wanted it finally she added Coffee Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Cream Cheese Icing. Pouring a cup of coffee she waited for everything to be done before placing them into warming containers and sending them over to the warmer ready for those who want to eat. It was now she saw Ruby walk down from upstairs " Morning Ruby." she said handing her a coffee and guiding her to the table.

"morning Aria," she said and chuckled smelling breakfast ready " did Angus cook?" she asked as she watched Aria shake her hand "Ow, he might do it later, is Marcus with him?" she asked.

"yes there out side I think with Finn" she said placing a piece of each item on a plate and sending it to Ruby. She then wrote a note and sent it to Marcus saying breakfast was ready and hot.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:01 pm

Marcus walked with Angus, and neither of them said anything. They didn't really need to. Angus knew that Marcus was there for the companionship, and Angus appreciated it.

"I know I won't be the first to ask, but how are you feeling this morning?" Marcus asked him.

"I'm not really feeling much of anything yet," Angus told him.

"Your voice sounds a bit better. Sounds like Robert's potions are working."

"They usually do," he replied. "Was there some issue with Archangel last night?"

"Yeah. He didn't come back from his flight. Jack went out to look for him, but I didn't hang around to see if they found him," Marcus said. "Kate was worried."

"She was right to worry. He's bonded to her and to Khaat. He would never just leave. If he didn't come back it was because he couldn't for some reason. I should check on that today," Angus said. "The last thing we need is some sort of intruder on the grounds."

"You think that's what it means?"

"More than likely," Angus replied.

"Don't you think thats a bit of a leap?"

"No," Angus said. "I know these grounds, and Archangel knows them even better. If he didn't return, there was trouble." Angus saw the note fluttering out towards them, and he plucked it out of the air and handed it over to Marcus.

"Nothing so secret," Marcus laughed. "Breakfast is ready. We should go eat and get something in our stomachs before we go see Fenrir."

"You coming?"

"Where else would I be, Mate? Come on. I'm hungry," Marcus said. Angus turned and went with him back to the house and they went in together. "Smells good," Marcus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:10 pm

Aria chuckled and smiled as the two men walked into the house " your welcome" she said and sent two plates over to them with some fresh coffee. " I already got Ruby some food " she said " we have Avocado, Chèvre and Bacon Omelette, apple and Maple Baked Oatmeal for those who wanted it and finally Coffee Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Cream Cheese Icing, Just help yourselves" she said as she headed back to the kitchen to clean up before sitting and eating herself. " oh I used a recipy of yours Angus the cinnamon roll one." she said smiing to Angus and Marcus.

Ruby chukled as Aria gave her a plate and made her sit down before watching Angus and Marcus walk in " Morning guys" she said smiling to him " all well?" she asked as she ate and drank some coffee at the table while enjoying the peace before Caprice woke for her breakfast.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:24 pm

"I think we're good so far," Marcus told Ruby, handing his coffee cup to Angus. }Angus, I'll get the plates if you refill the coffee." Angus refilled the cups, and Marcus plated breakfast for the two of them. They sat down at the table as the kids came upstairs and did their usual bustling around the fridge getting their lunches ready. Then they fixed their plates.

Anise fixed her plate and put it down on the table near Angus.

"Are you going to see Fenrir this morning?" she asked Angus quietly.

"Yes," Angus said. She leaned over his shoulder from behind and gave him a light little kiss on the cheek.

"Thank you, Dad," she said. He looked at her, a little confused.

"What's that for?" he asked.

"I know you have more things on your mind, and it would be easy for you to forget my people, but you didn't," she said.

"Your people," he told her, "are my people. And, so far as I'm concerned, my people are your people. There is no difference. if it matters to you, it matters to me."

"I can't promise you that my pack would feel that way," she said, "but it just reminds me that Ginger and I are in the right place. Thank you."

"Any time," he told her.

"I wish I was going along."

"I know, but your jobs are important. YOu go to work, and I'll deliver your message. I presume you have a letter for your father/"

"We do," she smiled, passing on two letters to Dennis.

"I'll make sure he gets them. Now get your breakfast before you run out of time."

"Thanks," she said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:28 pm

Aria watched and smiled as Anise lent close to Angus and gave him a gentle kiss on his cheek she stayed quiet as they spoke and as she ate it was now Jack walked in and smiled.

"wow smells good in her mind if I?" he asked taking a Cinnamon Roll and eating it " So you ready to go?" he asked "Oh I found Archangel, Kate and I are checking out the area, someone left traps but I took care of them, all are nothing but splinters" he added grabbing a second roll. Aria chuckled as he ate a second roll.

"well, glad you like my cooking" she said taking her now empty plate to the washer as Ruby walked over with her own plate.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:43 pm

"I thought you weren't going til about 8 or 8:30," Marcus said. "It's not even seven yet. Fix a plate, sit down and eat or something, Jack. Edward's not here yet, and I presume we need to go get a meat box ready to take them."

"Yes. We do. I want to take them at least an entire side of beef," Angus said, "but that's about 300 pounds of meat. We'll have to either shrink it or break it down into smaller, manageble boxes. So, wait, he was in a trap. Obviously, then, we've been breeched. We have a security issue, then. You handle it any way you like, but I think we should do a complete search of the grounds. I know that takes quite a lot of time and money, but I think we need to see if there are other traps or things here. And--I think they should look for more markers too, like we've had before. Any sign of someone being here that has no right to be. If we do a full grounds search, you're going to need additional men. Let me know, and I'll authorize it and send word to Owens to send the men at whatever time you say to join in the search. And we should keep Molly and Abbey indoors until we have the place searched."

About ten minutes later, as the kids were taking their empty breakfast plates to the counter and grabbing their lunches, Edward came over.

"Have we got the meat box put together yet?" Edward asked.

"Not yet, I dont think" Angus said.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:02 pm

Jack looked to Angus and chuckled " wow slow your roll angus. yes I already have men searching the grounds its why Im up early" he said " there searching the area where I found Archangel since that had the largest consentration of traps." he told him " and the meat box is out side , didn't want to bring it in, there still frozen" he added taking a third roll. " good rolls Aria" he mentioned as he sat and ate quietly " so everything is being done, spells strengthened and grounds searched."

Aria moved the plate of Rolls away from Jack feeling given the chance he would eat the whole plate. " please leave some for everyone else" she said and sent a plate to Edward to eat. " lets just relax for amoment." she said and looekd to Jack and Marcus " we have time."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:25 pm

Angus got up from the table and went over to the desk to get his cigarettes and his lighter.

"As long as we have time, I'm going outside," he said quietly. He went out onto the deck and lit up a cigarette, as Pip landed on his shoulder. He scratched the little bird's head.

"Oh, you're up," Simone called from the garden, seeing Angus. "Maybe you can help me."

"What's the problem?" Angus went over to her.

"These aren't the right squash," she pointed out a whole row of squash to him. "I baked one early this morning to make some butternut squash muffins for breakfast, and, well, they just didn't work at all."

"That's because those aren't butternut squash," he told her.

"Well, clearly not, but they were in a package of seeds marked butternut squash."

"Well, whoever packaged them is barmy, then."

"They aren't worth anything. They're all thready."

"Simone," Angus said. "Those are spaghetti squash. They're supposed to be that way."

"They're what?"

"Spaghetti squash. Whack them in half, scoop out the seeds, bake them in the over, and then take a fork to them to loosen up those threads. They have the same texture as spaghetti. You can use them for a gluten free entree instead of pasta and put your sauce over the squash instead. They're delicious."

"Never heard of them," she said.

"I'll cook some for lunch when I get back if you can come up with a sauce," he told her. "And, no, they won't make good muffins. They'll be outright terrible for that. There's pumpkin in the freezer at the main house. Use that for your muffins instead."

"So--forgive me for asking, but how are you--really?" she asked.

"Edgy as hell," he told her, "Ready to lop people's heads off, so i intend to smoke--probably a lot. But other than that, I'm fine. I'm going to go get another carton of cigarettes while we're out, I think."

"Edward said he's going to the tobacconist when he gets back. Ask him to get you some cigarettes when he goes. He can save you the trip," she said. "He needs more pipe tobacco."

"I'll do that. Thanks," he said. Edward looked outside at them.

"Come on, Lad. Let's go and get it overwith," Edward called. Angus tried to shoo the bird away, but Pip was having none of it. "What's the matter."

"Bird wants to come along, evidently," Angus said, coming back to the house, and coming inside.

"Well, bring him, then, and let's go," Edward said, as Angus put the letters to Dennis in his pocket.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 100 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 58 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top