A Birth day - Page 73
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 73 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 73 of 100 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 86 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 73 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:29 pm

Jess smiled to Angus a she packed up the med kit " not a problem" she said as she then headed back to the main house. Ruby sat and listened to Angus as he talked nodding to his words. she took Caprice from Angus and kissed her little hand with the plaster on " I agree with you" she said as she stood and followed him inside " about my mom and you, you would win becuse you have total backing from every one around you, from what I see shes tolerated by Tom nothing more, if she goes too far Im guessing she becomes a liability and he'll drop her like a hot potato even with Dimond." she sat down with Caprice on her knee as she watched him start to cook.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:06 pm

Angus took the pork, the apples and the potatoes out of the oven and left the dundee cake in for just a couple moments longer. He got a knife to cut the pork into manageable slices for serving.

"Well, if it gets too bad for Tom, he'll oust Suzanne, but make no mistake, he will take Allie from her, absolutely. He keeps a tight rein on his children. If she ends up knowing to much about him, his operation, his accounts, his hiding places, he will eliminate her. I know he's had two other wives, and I just presumed they were deceased but I honestly don't know. And that might well be good for us to know for certain. Robert probably knows something, and if he doesn't in his position in the ministry, it should be easy for him to find out. Tom Gelding does not like loose ends, though, and leaving someone as ditzy as Suzanne running about would be folly on his part. If he cuts her loose, her life won't be worth a farthing." He plated up the pork onto a platter and put some foil over it to keep it hot. "Would you do me a favor? Check the freezer and see if you find some containers marked DG? If there are none here, I know there are several of them at the main house. The containers should hold about a pint each. I could use at least one but two would be better. They're containers of demi glace, and I'd like to thaw out one or two, heat them, and used them as a sauce for the pork. And of course I didn't think of it until the pork came out of the oven." He put foil over the potatoes and over the apples, and by then the dundee cake was ready to take out of the oven too. He made the hot marmalade sauce for the cake and cast a warming spell to keep it warm.

The kids came in from work, and as they did, they stopped and smelled the food.

"I don't know what that is, but I'm ready for it," Victor said.

"So long as it doesn't eat me first, I'm in," Sam agreed.

"Don't worry, if it decides to eat you, Ginger and i will just eat it first," Anise teased.

"Go wash up for supper," Angus told them. "It's ready. I'll get it on the table while you lot wash your faces and hands." When they went to wash up, he went over and invited Edward and Simone to eat with them, but he saw a note on the table and didn't see Edward or Simone. The note said that they had gone out for supper on a date night and were debating going to a play at the Royal Opera House after they'd eaten.

"We're on our own tonight," Angus told Ruby. "Edward and Simone went into London for supper and maybe a play at the Royal Opera House." He set the salads on the table with a pitcher of hot bacon dressing for the salad, and then put the pork and the apples and the potatoes on the table just as the kids started to come back to the kitchen to eat.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:16 pm

Ruby set Caprice down as she listened to Angus she looked up at him and nodded when he asked her to fetch the demi glaze. " I agree Tom will do that with Suzzane , but , and this might sound harsh, is it going to be any kind of lose?" she said walking into the freezer. " ah theres two left" she said taking down two tubs and walking back out to see Sam and the others enter the room she smiled at the banter as she placed the tubs on the counter while Angus headed to the other side of the duplex then returned a moment later.

"Let me guess , date night?" she said smiling " its good to see them out and still like newly weds" she said smiling as she moved to lay the table for Angus " but its good to have family night too." she chuckled at Sam and Victors banter.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:43 pm

"Well, you and your brothers are better judge of that's any loss," Angus said. "I do worry a little about Allie being brought up in that environment, but we don't have any say about it. I just remember how bloody miserable Draco was, but I might have had a wrong impression of him too. I rather saw him as having the potential of being a decent kid but when your father is a control freak like Lucius, Draco never had a chance other than doing whatever his father told him to do. And I rather see Allie as being in the same trap. Maybe it'll be different, though, since this is the first daughter he's had. He's had nothing but boys so far. Maybe he'll be a different sort of father to a daughter. Notice I didn't say he'd be a better father because I don't know if that's in him but maybe just different. Maybe that would give her a chance at being a decent human."

"Are we talking about our mother again?" Sam asked as the kids sat down and passed the bacon dressing around for the salad.

"We are," Angus said.

"Well, you know we'd rather all be going with you to New Orleans, but if it gets this bloody training out of the way, then we'll go. Look, Vic and I have discussed this. She had lots of opportunities to step up. All the way back to when Ruby and Jessie were born, and she's still an idiot. We don't have any warm fuzzy feelings left for her, and, at the rate she keeps on this rampage of hers, well, she's made her choices. If you need to take her out, take her out. We aren't going to grieve her, and we're with you 110%. At this point, it would be a relief for us, quite honestly."

"I can understand that," Angus said.

"I love this salad dressing," Anise said. "Its the only time I've had a warm salad dressing, and its perfect for this baby spinach. We should have this more often."

"We can, if you guys like it," Angus said.

"It has bacon. What's not to like?" Victor laughed. "What's the food like in Colorado?"

"Colorado produces a lot of beef cattle--a lot of it. So there will be definitely a lot of beef, and it will probably be some of the best you'll ever taste because it's farmed well and the locals get it really fresh," Angus said. "There's also a lot of lamb, fish. And game meats like bison, elk and venison."

"We're going to eat really well, then," Sam grinned.

"For the most part, yes," Angus said. "Do not neglect to do your homework, especially the reading assignments, and, do yourself a favor. You're going to get a guidebook to the plants and animals in Colorado. Shrink that sucker and put it in your pocket. Keep it with you. It will be immensely helpful, and make sure that if you get a chance to rest, rest. If you get a recommendation to go to bed early, take advantage of it. You will be given hints of what you need to do to get through this training, so listen closely and take those hints very seriously. Keep your pocket knives and your wands on you at all times, and I do mean all times. Anything you can shrink and keep with you, make sure you do that."

"Will we be allowed to do that?"

"Presume you will. If you're not, they'll ask you to turn out your pockets and they'll bag up anything they don't want you to have until that exercise is over. Beyond all else, this is absolutely not the time for any horseplay. Take it seriously, and do the horseplay when you get home."

"Got it," Sam nodded.

"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:58 pm

Ruby listened to Angus and nodded " yeah I feel for her having tom as a father." she said and listened to the boys talking " oh I think I have one in my things in the basment" she said and headed down to the basment , opening bags and bixes she found to books about plants and herbs . Dusting them off she ehaded back up stairs " I found them now one is about plants and the other is about herbs and fungi" she showed them the two books " I did have One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi but I think suzzan got rid of it." she said placing the books down next to Angus.

Moving to pick up Caprice she filled her secial bottle and placed her into her high chair then handed her the bottl so she could eat before she sat and ate her own food as she listened to the boys " don't worry about losing thm or dirtying them , there old as it it and Im sure thers some weird stains from herbology classes on the pages" she said and chuckled.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:10 pm

"Thanks," Sam said, finished with his salad. He filled his plate with pork, potatoes, apples, and then spooned the demi glace over the pork. The others did the same.

"Oh, gosh, this is so good," Anise said. "And we have to go two weeks without this sort of cooking?"

"Your food will be good too, believe me," Angus laughed. "Most of it, anyway."

"Most of it?" Sam asked.

"I'm teasing," Angus said, not wanting to make them too anxious. "You'll have a great time."

"Okay," Sam said, relaxing. "How will we know Kieran and Fiona?"

"They'll be coming to pick you four up since you're still minors. Most of the time, our trainees are legal age, and they're sent portkeys. And, yes, I know you and Victor can port and apparate, but still, since you're going such a distance, Kieran and Fi are coming here. There is a family resemblance between them and Brian since they're his older siblings, You'll like them. They're decent people."

"Well, they'd have to be, or Robert wouldn't keep them, right?" Anise asked, putting seconds on her plate.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:17 pm

Ruby chuckled as Angus spoke to the kids once again when they spoke of the food she smiled and then spoke of Fiona and Kieran and if they will meet them " oh you'll know them" she said as she poured the demi glaze over the pork. she added potatoes and apples. She listened to Angus speak of Fiona and Kieran and of their personalities. "Angus is right you'll be fine" she said smiling as he ate " and yes this is wonderful, thank you Angus," she smiled at him but she saw Anise place seconds on her plate and chuckled.

"glad to see your enjoying the food" she said finishing her own plate and walking to the sink befre she moved back to sit facing Caprice , taking a small pice of pork she let Caprice chew on it even though she didn't have teeth yet but she was loving holding the peice of meat in her hand and smushing it in her mouth and giggiling at the sound and feeling .
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:40 pm

There was knocking on the door, and Angus got up and answered. He saw Brian there with Kieran and Fiona.

"Come in," Angus said. "We're just finishing supper."

"It smells fantastic," Kieran said.

"There's plenty. If you're hungry, tuck into a plate," Angus said, as they followed him in. "Let me introduce you. These are our kids, Anise, Ginger, Sam, and Victor, and I understand you know Ruby already. Guys, this is Kieran and Fi."

"Hi, Guys," Kieran smiled. "Nice to meet you. If you need anything at all while you're at the ranch, be sure to ask Fi or me. We're always happy to help. It's good to see that Angus finally has a family."

"Is that..an actual demi glace?" Fi frowned, looking at the food on the table. "Where on earth did you get demi glace?"

"I made it," Angus said.

"Really?"

"Sit down and at least have dessert with us. Dundee cake with hot marmalade sauce."

"Oh my god. I haven't had that since I was little," Fiona said. "We're staying for cake, Kieran. The others can start lunch without us."

"I'm not excited about the rabbit food they want to serve at lunch anyway," Kieran said. "Angus's meat and potatoes looks far better."

"He's complaining because the local healer said he needed to lose about half a stone," Fiona said. "He does not like just vegetables for breakfast and salads for lunch."

"That's because it's just not right. Sauteed mushrooms on a little crouton? It's just not right," Kieran said. "Where are the plates?" Angus laughed, and handed down two dinner plates and some forks. "Tuck in. Help yourselves. Guys, Ruby packed for you, so while they eat, you four go check your bags and make sure you have everything you want. Go." They excused themselves and went to check their bags while Fi and Kieran sat down to eat.

"This is great," Kieran said, enjoying his first mouthful. "So much better than lettuce."

"I would hope," Angus laughed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:50 pm

Ruby chuckled and looked to the door when she heard the knock she watched as Angus stood up and answered it " Fi, Kieran!" she exclaimed and smiled at them both standing and moving to hug Fi "it good to see you both." she chuckled when they spoke of the food leading them to the table. " its delishious , tuck in" she sad and pored two glasses of juice for them both ebfor sitting back down next to Caprice who was still cheing on the pork peice but also looking at Fi as she did.

"Fi this is Caprice, our daughter" she said smiling as Caprice looked from Fi to her and back then giggled. " she's almost on solid foods but she still dosn't have any teeth so she just mushes it" with that Caprice banged her hand down on her table and picked up her bottle. Hearing the mention of what she'd packed she looked at th boys " please do check" she said "I don't want to get a message saying you forgot something important." she looked at Angus.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:03 pm

"She's lovely," Fi smiled.

"I think you got everything except perhaps some money. I'll go get some galleons to take along..."

"Sam," Angus said. "You're going to be wizards in a muggle community. If you need any wizarding things, talk to Kieran and Fi. But if you go into town, you're going to need muggle money. Let me go upstairs and get you all some American money."

"You don't need to do that," Kieran said. "If they bring their galleons, we can exchange some of it before they go into town. We do it all the time, so we keep plenty of muggle money on hand."

"Well, then, you'll be set. Go get whatever money you want to take along," Angus said. They all went to their rooms to get their money.

"They're really, really young to be training. Are they sure about this?" Fi asked.

"They're very sure. All four of them," Angus said. "Just don't let them get eaten by a mountain lion or something, would you? I'd like to have them back. I sort of like having them around."

"We'll do our best," Kieran laughed. "Become a family man, now, have you?"

"He's always been a family man. He just never had a family of his own before," Fi said.

They finished eating, and Angus served dessert. He kept five slices of cake for them to have later with Marcus and Edward and Simone, but he sliced and packaged the rest of it to send with the kids.

"We just came to get the kids," Kieran laughed when he finished the last of his cake, "but that's the best meal I've had in a very long time. Exceptional, Angus. You really have become quite the chef, haven't you?"

"I like to cook," Angus said.

"It was delicious. Thank you," Fi said.

It was all too soon for Angus that they were ready to get the kids and take them to Colorado. He said his goodbyes and gave them some hugs and some encouragement, and then he left it for Ruby to say her goodbyes before they left.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 73 of 100 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 86 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top