A Birth day - Page 69
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 69 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 69 of 100 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 84 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 69 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:54 pm

Ruby nodded to Angus when he mentioned it was time to head to the main house she smiled seeing him pick up Caprice and her bag. Walking with him she entered the house and heard Kate " oh thank you so much, that would be a great help" she said watching Angus pass Caprice to her then heard her mention about that she'd picked up something that would help Caprice with feeds . Listening she smiled" those will be such a help " she said smiling as she heard what had ben made for lunch " sounds delish" she said and once Angus moved to the dining room she followed , fixing herself a plate as she sat down to eat.

Jack and Jess walked in followed by Jessie and Yu close behind all holding plates as they sat or stood close by eating and waiting for the meeting to start. Jesie looked at Angus " don't worry the grounds men are on the ball tonight" he said as Yu nodded next to him " besides its just the meeting for the moment." he added as he took a bite of pannini.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:17 pm

"Where's Cris?" Angus asked, expecting that they wouldn't leave him alone. "I expected he'd at least come for lunch."

"If he's hungry, he's welcome, of course," Robert told Jessie and Yulong, knowing Cris wouldn't understand the language of the meeting anyway. "I asked you all here because we have a new threat, and it's one that our American friends are already investigating. It makes sense that we work together, so that's why Lee is here. Lee, would you like to introduce your colleague?"

"By all means," Lee said, "this is Tiggy Culpepper, and her family is from the London area, near Bricket Wood. Happily, she works with us these days. She's a creative young potions master so don't let her young age fool you. She knows her stuff. Her father wrote a book that is well respected in the states called Alternative Folk Magic, so she does have a strong knowledge base in what we're about to all take a deep dive into, which is why she's here."

"Thank you, Lee," Robert said, "And welcome, Tiggy. We'll do some introductions in a bit, but feel free after the meeting to speak to each other and all get acquainted." Robert and Lee took a moment to give everyone there a nutshell version of last night's events that had brought them all together. Lee explained what little they knew about the black creole woman who was impersonating Marie Laveau, including that they knew she had killed several muggles and three of Lee's best espionage agents. Lee believed this assignment was extremely dangerous, and Robert agreed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:22 pm

Jessie chuckled and steped to one side to show Chris hiding behind Yu's legs " you didn't think we'd leave him?" he said with a chuckle " couldn't get him to leave Yu's side but when Yu spoke of Abby he came along." he said and placed down his plate to pick up the boy in his arms as he heard Robert start to talk introducing Lee who he had met and Tiggy who now he saw was small for her age " she realy is small, see why she spooked Jack" he said and Jack looke at him.

"she did not spook me , now shush and listen" he said making Jessie chuckle as he turned back to face Robert. Jessie stood with Yu quietly listening as Robert filled them in.

"I see why the meeting was called, Voodo is not something to mess with, especialy to a non beliver." Jessie said holding Chris against him a little closer. " so whats our plan?" he asked
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:37 pm

"Well, that's what we're here to discuss," Robert said. "I think we can all agree that this woman needs to be stopped, and we need her connection to Gelding permanently severed--for multiple reasons. She apparently is using not only spells that we know but also spells that we don't, and that puts us on unfamiliar ground. Lee's people has some knowledge in it, but we have almost nothing. The advantage to Lee is that this woman hasn't seen any of us but, we presume, Angus. Maybe pictures of Ruby and Jessie. But that's probably about it. We might well be helpful for some espionage work. And Gelding's people aren't familiar with Lee's people. So, it makes even more sense for us to work together.

"Obviously we need this woman to stop killing. But--for her to blast through Kate's protection spell around Angus's sleep cycle, she has some powerful magic, and we don't know exactly what she can do or undo. The most obvious plan is also one of the most dangerous. Since Suzanne is so desperate to exact some sort of revenge on Angus, using him as bait is the first one that comes to mind. And, I think, our creole woman will certainly expect us to try it. I have suggested that a handful of us actually go to New Orleans, rent a place, and do some of our own undercover investigating, to see what we can uncover from the locals. We'd have to know how to use an American accent fluently or else we might as well hang a big neon sign over our heads that says 'Brit Here! Fire at Will!' But, we would certainly be unknown to the locals, and we might be able to float around as just average American tourists on summer holiday--along with the millions of other tourists that go to New Orleans. It would help us stay under the radar, I should think. Perhaps if we can get some information on her, we'll find her Achilles heel in order to find a way to take her down."

"It's not much of a plan, that's for sure," Lee admitted.

"But I know Marcus and I have both gone into espionage missions with less," Michael said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:44 pm

Ruby, Jessie, Jess and Jack all listened to Robert and Jessie sat back when Robert spoke of her knowing who he was but Yu spoke up " I can go" he said " im not British or American" he added and looked to Jessie " and I want to do something to protect my family." he added making Jessie smile and blush a little. Jack looked at Robert and nodded .

"hes less conspicuios and is unknown" Jack said to Robert " would mean he'd be less likly to be spoted.

"Plus, I have worked in espionage myself back in Japan." Yu added looking at Robert " nd those busness men are ruthless." he added
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:02 pm

"I can brew a potion that will allow you to lose your British pronunciations in favor of an American dialect," Tiggy said, "but the best I can do is about a 26 hour duration on it. It would have to be taken daily to be effective."

"Now that's impressive," Robert smiled at her. He hadn't considered brewing a potion for something like that, but the fact that not only did she consider it but she had managed it, that impressed him. "If that's the case, then that opens the door for any of our people to go."

"We can certainly provide you with a number of different houses there. We have a couple in the French quarter, and we have a couple of real rustic places in the bayou for anyone who is able to deal with a lack of luxury. And there is also a plantation house out in the country if you're looking for upscale, but that will gain more attention. But--be aware that I'd prefer to have one of our people in any of the bayou places with you because you are not familiar with the wildlife in the bayou. It's exceptionally dangerous. Alligators, poisonous snakes and venomous spiders--just for starters. I'd prefer none of you got eaten by the wildlife," Lee said.

"And we would prefer not being on the menu," Michael said.

"There could be advantages to a divide and conquer approach," Marcus said.

"Definitely," Robert agreed. "So, I know Yulong is up for going, and I am presuming many of you might be. So let me put it the other way, then. Be honest. No shame in speaking up here. We perhaps shouldn't all go. So--is there anyone who, for any reason, would prefer not to go?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:08 pm

Jessie looked at Robert "Obviously Ruby and I can't go that would give it away, we'll stay and look after the kids" he said Jess looked at Robert as she spoke.

"Jack and I can go" she said and looked at Jack "Don't argue with me" she said Jack held up his hands and shook his head.

"Now wasn't going to," he said and smiled at her " But she's right we'l both go, my good eyesight in the dark might come in handy" he added. Just as Ara ported in to the yard and walked into the house.

"what ever your planing Im in too, I heard what happened and nobody does that to a freind of mine and I hope I can call you freind?" she said folding her arms across her chest as she stood looking at Robert " don't worry about the ministry Im on leave and heard what happened ."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:30 pm

"If you're sure, Barnett," Robert told her, seeing her come in.

"Realistically speaking, there are some of you that could be recognized by Suzanne. Robert's been in the papers endlessly here, and so has Khaat," Lee said. "I'm not so concerned about Angus and Ruby because I think Suzanne would know that Angus would pursue her. And, she would presume that wherever he would go, Ruby would follow. So I'm not necessarily concerned about those two. Robert, and Khaat, you two would need to stay out of sight."

"I am not going to have my team that far away and not be with them," Robert said. "I'll stay out of sight, but I'm going along."

"Perhaps I should stay behind and not risk having any more recognizable people there than necessary," Khaat said.

"And that leaves one of us to keep St. Mungo's running if Jess and I both go."

"Then I'll stay behind with Khaat unless you need me," Brian said.

"Well, but you're not someone that Suzanne or that creole woman would recognize. Perhaps you should float between the two," Robert said. "Michael, we'll need you to make quite a few portkeys."

"Naturally," Michael said.

"Tig, can you make any potions to stop her from getting into the estate here?" Lee asked.

"Absolutely," Tiggy said. "I'll make some big bottles so it goes all the way around. It won't stop traditional magic, but you already have protection charms in place for that. This potion would just create a grid that will stop folk magic methods. With what you already have in place, this estate should be pretty secure."

"So, we need to go in and see if we can find out who this woman is and what her motivation is for all this killing and mayhem," Michael said. "And then, we need to pry her loose from Suzanne."

"Well, let's get past stage one first," Robert said. "That will tell us what we need to do when we get to stage two, but essentially, yes. I think that would be the idea."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:37 pm

Aria looked at Robert and nodded "Yep" she said simply then stood listening to them discussing the plan " I could scout ahead for info" she said " unless you want one of your guys to do it" she added knowing how Robert worked and wanted to prove she too could be a valued part of the team. Jess looked at Robert.

" if it's going to be a problem I can stay" she said to him " Jack can go" Listening to Robert and Michael formulate the plan nobody spoke again and some finished their food, Jack included. Jessie felt Chris lay against him and looked down to see him sleeping " I think I should get this one down to sleep, he's worn out" he said as he turned to leave the room to take Chris back to the cabin leaving Yu with them.

Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:50 pm

"It isn't a problem," Robert told Jess. "Besides, I'd prefer to have a healer going, if for no other reason than to have a medic in the field with them. Alright. So, unless someone has some sort of objection, Lee and I will very likely divide you all in teams or pairs and assign you some sort of alias or cover and a place to stay for your mission. We don't know yet whether we would have you knowing each other or not, but it might be safer if you didn't. We'll let you know. Give us a day or two, and we'll meet again. Any questions?"

"Will we get to go?" Sam asked.

"Well, i don't know. Suzanne obviously knows you," Robert said. "And I won't involve any of you unless I have Angus and Ruby's permission right from the outset, but if we don't use you in the mission, I could send you to Colorado to get a start on your training. We'll all feel better about having you in active missions work once you get through the training. Fair enough?"

"Yeah, I guess," Sam sighed.

"Sam," Angus said. "One thing is for certain. There is always another mission. We want you safe. That has to come first. Besides, if Ruby stays, who is going to look out for her and Caprice?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 69 of 100 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 84 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top