A Birth day - Page 40
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 40 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 40 of 100 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 70 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 40 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:59 pm

Ruby chuckled and nodded to Marcus " oh right yeah he can't do that , it has to be you being her husband" she said then smiled as she saw Angus walk down from their bedroom and she smiled " morning hun" she said and moved to get him his plate leaving the charm on it so he could eat it when he wanted " marcus it right, I set a warming charm on the plate so your good when ever you want" she said then turned to hear Caprice and smiled again " awe, its a typical baby thing"she said sitting back down to drink her own coffee as she listened to Marcus talk again " yeah, I know Simone and Edward have her in hand , im not going to change her routine" she said as she sipped her coffee.

Finishing she placed her cup and plate in teh sike and set it washing " I think I'll pop in just to see Edward and Simone and Caprice of course before my run." she said and chuckled as she headed to the adjoining door and knocked before pushing it open " Morning all" she said and chuckled seeing Caprice sat in a high chair banging on it for more food .
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:20 pm

"And that's part of what's caused me to not divorce her. She still needs someone to be able to reel her in when she goes off the rails," Marcus told her.

"Mate, if you really want to still be able to do that for her, you probably could be made her legal guardian but there are attorneys that would do that instead so you could still step out," Angus yawned. "You don't have to be married for life to someone that makes you feel trapped."

"She does indeed make me feel trapped," Marcus replied. "So you know, I'm going out for a little this morning, and then I'll be back."

"Any place fun?"

"No," Marcus replied. "I'm sure I'll have to go complete paperwork for Evelyn, and then I have to go to Gringotts."

"What for?"

"I am not about to let you pay Blackstone's bill. I'm going to go apply for a loan to be able to cover Blackstone's bill...."

"Oh, no, you're not," Angus frowned.

"Yes I am..."

"No, you're not. I know where you live, and I know where you work. You pay me as you can afford it. I am not hurting for cash. And frankly, I am not sure that I won't pass on half of that bill to Jack because he should be responsible for the portion of the debt he rang up. I haven't talked to him about that, but I still might. And, its entirely possible that since Edward and Blackstone are mates, he might be able to talk Blackstone out of part of that extra fee. Let's wait and see how that all turns out. As for Evelyn's paperwork, Robert often has some of those forms at home just in case one of us needs to fill those things out. You should wait on that too. He might very well bring a set over for you this morning. It's still early, even for him."

Angus tucked into his breakfast while Ruby was next door.

"Could I talk you into getting Andrew to do a hot towel shave this morning?" Angus asked Marcus.

"I'm sure I could. Besides, You're best off to leave the shaving to someone else since your face is still healing."

"Does it look disgusting?"

"No. It looks like it's healing. Now you really will look like a pirate."

"Oh great. Just what I always wanted," Angus sighed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:28 pm

Ruby smiled seeing Caprice eating and nodded to Simone and Edward " just a flying visit I popped in to see how she was thats all , im not going to disterb her while she eats, morning by the way and thank you so much for looking after her " she said nmoving to kiss Caprices cheek.

Jess crossed the yard and up to the duplex hearing talking she knocked and pushed open the door " morning guys " she said and walked over to both Angus and Marcus. " second treatment of those scar" she said walking over to them " Marcus yours is almost gone this should take care of it , Angus you will need a second treatment" she added as she walke dover to Marcus and placed her hand on his scar, drawing it down she could pysicaly feel and see it slowly fade to a thin indisernable line on his face, patting his cheek she turned to Angus and did the same though his stayed a light red line, " might get Rbert to check yours its a little more stuborn , some what like you" she said with a chuckle " nothing to worry about some people heal better than others." she told him and saw Ruby walk back threw from Edward side.

"morning Jess" she said and Jess smiled back to her " all good?" she asked as Jess nodded.

"as it can be, good to have you back to your self Ruby" she said and both smiled. Jess turned and looked at Angus as she spoke again.

"come to the house this evening and I'll get Robert to check and finish your healing, got that?" she said .
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:49 pm

"You're welcome, of course," Edward said, finishing feeding Caprice some warm applesauce. "When our kids were small, we'd make applesauce in the fall when the apples were harvested, and they loved eating the applesauce when it was still hot, fresh out of the pot. It was always one of our kids' and grandkids' favorites. So I started giving her hot applesauce, and she loves it. That's what her little temper tantrum was about. She was irked that i had cereal for her and not hot applesauce."

"Thanks, Jess," Marcus said. "Yeah, Robert told Angus that his wound was going to need some wizarding surgery to totally eliminate that scar. He felt sure that spells alone weren't going to do it. I'm going to have to go fill out admission paperwork for Evelyn at the hospital anyway, so we could always try to catch him there. Jess, you should know that the last time Evelyn was hospitalized for similar symptoms, it was nearly four months before she was safe to be on her own again, and this seems to be actually worse than that was, as I recall. She might not be safe to be released for months. And one time, when she was out on her own and it wasn't nearly so bad, she had married three different men, all within about a 2 week timeframe---while she was still married to me. So, yeah. She technically had four husbands, and she had me in debt for nigh onto 100,000 pounds. Just because she might not be violent in a day or so does not mean she should be let out."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:58 pm

Ruby looked at Caprice with the apple sauce and smiled " awe , if she ikes it thats okay with me" she said .

Jess listened to Marcus and nodded " Administration will be ready , and we've read her history so we are prepared for her outbursts" she said smiling to Marcus " don't worry shes in the right place and yes he had mentioned Angus will have to come in at some point" she told him " you on the other hand are healing very well, you almsot can't see it anymore, but I have to say an inch one way or the other and you would have died, both of you, your just very very lucky." she added " now I have to get to work so see you later Marcus." she said and headed out and back to the main house.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:15 am

"I think the applesauce has been her favorite thing lately," Simone told Ruby. "Since Edward gave it to her the first time, she seems to think she gets it at every meal, so I'm going to go to one of the farm markets today and see if I can get some Fuji apples or some Ambrosias since they're so nice and sweet. They'll make really good applesauce, I think. I'll get a big batch of them and then do some home canning to make and can our own for her. You're welcome to come with me if you want. There are a lot of different ways to do it. We could do straight apples, we could add peaches or pears or berries and can those varieties as well. Could be fun. And sometimes the Chelsea market in London has the best variety of those things. I don't know if you've ever looked in Angus's notebook but he has several pages on just exactly those kinds of variations of applesauce that he's created over the years and the exact proportions of apples to fruit. Since it's raining, we could leave Caprice with the boys and we could make a quick errand to London. Or, we could put Caprice's little raincoat on her and take her along. Whatever you want."

"Thanks, Jess," Angus said, getting up and putting his plate in the sink. Marcus called Andrew to help Angus with a shave and a hot towel, and Andrew said he'd be straight over. In the meantime, Angus went upstairs and dressed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:22 am

Ruby listened to Simone and smiled " lets take her with us , alittle rain didn't hurt any one" she said smiling at Caprice " I saw , he has tons of recpies and I would love to come with you, I don't have anything but a run on my scedule for today." she and looked over at Caprice " you going to spend some time with momy and nanna oday" she sai and saw the smile on Caprices face and heard the squeel from her too.

" I saw the outfits you got for her , there so cute thankyou" she sid to simone " I didn't expect her to grow out of them so fast, but its to be expected at her age" Ruby smiled as she watched Caprice " oh maybe we could pick up some new ones while were out." she added " like romper suits that she can crawl around the floor in" It was now she saw a small boy walk over and into their side of the duplex and motioned to him " thats Chris Im taking it" she asked both of them seeing the boy walk over to Angus and start talking to him with Jessie not far behind him.

Jessie caught up with Chris and chuckled " he wants to tell you abouthis new drawing for a mural for his bedroom." Jessie said smiling as he showe Angus the painting Chris had done.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:18 pm

"All the Donohue kids have seemed go to through a growth spurt in the first year," Edward said. "She's just following what the last three or four generations have done."

"I'm glad you like the clothes. She really just needed them, and besides, when I see so many cute things, its really hard to not buy them," Simone smiled. "I'll go get her raincoat. I have some of the things that we have over here for her upstairs on one of our guest rooms," Simone said, going upstairs for a moment. She came down with little cream colored raincoat with a small elegant floral print, a little pair of pink wellies and a matching rain hat. Edward got a pink stroller out of the downstairs closet for Simone and re-equipped a waterproof baby bag and attached it to the back of the stroller.

"Yeah, that's Cris," Edward said. "He knows Angus likes to sketch, so he likes sharing his sketches with him. "Cris has sort of learned to just come over whenever he likes. Robert estimates that Cris is above average in IQ because he learns things so fast. The last I talked to Robert he was looking at hiring a tutor to work with the girls, Cris, maybe Molly and Abbey for the next year or so. It's far safer for Cris to remain on grounds until his legal situation is straightened out, but I don't know that he's found anyone that he thinks is satisfactory for all the different needs the kids have. I presume if he finds someone that has the wide array of skills that he's looking for, then he'll actually talk to Jessie and Yu about it. They have to get a name change done for him and actually create a paper trail for him because his home country believes he's dead. It was the only way we could save his life. We've been honest with him. He knows how he ended up here and why we're having to keep him somewhat hidden, why we'd have to look at a name change. He knows, and he accepts it at least as well as any other seven year old could do."

Angus looked at Cris's sketch and Cris asked Angus if he could correct the curve of the brontosaurus's neck, and Angus got out an artist's ruler for drawing curves and showed Cris how to use it. Cris was able, then, to correct the curve for himself. Angus gave him the curve ruler, and Cris was pleased to have been able to fix his drawing for himself. Cris's only hesitation in it was wanting the mural to not look like it had been drawn by a kid, and Angus reassured him that his drawing didn't look like that at all. They talked about realistic colors and realistic looking plants and all the rest of it and when Cris had it the way he wanted finally, he handed the book to Jessie to look at.

Then he looked at Angus and pointed to Angus's face, asking if it had been done by a werewolf. Angus told him honestly that, no, it had happened in a knife fight when a woman who wasn't quite right. Cris seemed to understand that, as if he had seen someone before who wasn't quite right. Angus asked him about it, and Cris just shrugged and said there was a man in the village who came to the pub often who wasn't quite right. This man hadn't been dangerous, but it at least gave Cris some way of understanding that sometimes people had problems.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:48 pm

Ruby smiled as Simone headed to get Caprice some water proof clothing and Edwras told her of Cris " he sems a realy nice boy Im glad Jessie and Yu are taking good care of him" she said smiling a she saw the outfit Simone returned with. " thats so cute" she sid and smiled seeing teh small wellies she held " look Caprice wellies in your sise" she said chukaling as Caprice reatched out and grabbed for them.

Listening to Edwrad talk of Cris she smiled and nodded " its good that Yu and Jessie have ecided to look after him, they have a lot in common" she said leting them know she knew of Cris and what he was. " its a shame some one so small had to go threw such a hard and tramatising time." she watched as Simone slipped on the rain coat and Edward brought out the rain stroller " is that one Abby used?" she asked having a feeling it was since they had it in there cupboard ready.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:10 pm

"No," Simone replied. "My daughter has a dance school in Paris, and she's had a children's program there for years. Well, as it goes, of course, the parents all know each other, and they asked her if they could use one of the small empty rooms on the ground floor for a bit of a children's resale shop to be able to resell some of their kid's good used clothes and equipment. This stroller came in to the resale shop from a mom who believed she was having a girl--until she had a boy instead. Apparently the muggle ultrasound was wrong. So, she turned this pink stroller in to the resale shop, and it still had the store tags on it. So, my daughter got it for us to use for Caprice. As a favor to me, she now is on the lookout for the really cute clothes in Caprice's sizes. Besides, it helps the moms out to be able to make a little money on the things they're getting rid of, and some of the profits go to benefit low income kids who want to join the children's dance programs. So it's a good investment all the way around."

"Cris has some firm ideas about his mural," Angus told Jessie. "He wants an adult to paint it. He's actually got some good thoughts. He expects his sketching talents to improve, so he doesn't want to look at his wall a couple years from now and to be constantly reminded that, at whatever age he is then, that he could do it better. He wants his sketch to be a plan for a good, adult artist to do some sort of realistic looking dino mural. Honestly, I think that's a pretty sharp idea for a kid to come up with. He doesn't want to get to ten or twelve and have a seven year old's mural on his wall. I see his point. Maybe Kate can do it. It's just a thought.

"Oh, and before I forget," Angus told Jessie, "Robert is looking for a tutor that can handle teaching our girls, Abbey, Molly and maybe Cris for this coming school year. It's certainly going to be safer at least for awhile, for Cris to be on the estate grounds. He doesn't know if he can find someone to fill all those very specific needs, but he said if he does, he'll try to talk to all of us about the candidate--if you want to have him homeschooled by a tutor that is. He's just thinking of trying to keep Cris out of the eye of the authorities until all the paperwork is all legal and official. We're in the same boat with the girls, actually. Have you guys thought about a name change for him?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 100 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 70 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top