A Birth day - Page 83
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 83 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 83 of 100 Previous  1 ... 43 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 91 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 83 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Robert Lupin Wed May 17, 2023 11:46 pm

"Nah," Ginger said, "just looking." She listened to Ruby saying Jessie had always put his foot in his mouth as a boy. "He puts his foot in his mouth about that again, and I'm liable to put my foot up his..."

"Hey, now," Anise laughed, trying to make light of it just a little. "Let's get a dress that Mom would like."

"You remember what she said, right?"

"Yeah. If one of the pack werewolves ever got her and she left before her time, we were not to wear black to her funeral. She used to say if we didn't wear a bright color, she was going to come back and haunt us."

"If it brought her back one more time, I'd wear black for the rest of my life," Ginger said. "So, Ruby, a bright color would be totally disrespectful, wouldn't it? It doesn't feel right, but she hated black. We were gonna wear black, but if we're gonna shop, we need to be sure of what we're really looking for."

"Maybe we get one of each," Anise shrugged.

"And just how many dresses do you think we need?" Ginger frowned. "They'll never fit in our...Oh, never mind."

"We don't have to do that anymore," Anise reminded her. "We're done living out of backpacks."

"Yeah, I know. It's just habit. I just have to keep reminding myself," Ginger said. "So, Ruby, bright colors or black or one of each?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed May 17, 2023 11:56 pm

Ruby heard Ginger and could not help laugh as well " oh don't worry if he does I'd hold him for you" she said then heard Anise talk about what their mother had told them about wearing bright colors to the funeral." if thats what she wished then thats what we will do, but I'd just get one of each" she said hearing Ginger start saying something and Anise respond she smiled "Anise is right you have a whole wardrobe to fill with clothes now." she said " so don't worry, and we could also get shoes to match " she said and saw a clothing store not far from where they stood.

Jessie sat on the couch and watched the babies before he had to do his patrol . Standing Jack walked in to take over and sat down accioing a newspaper to do the wordsearch in it. " go patrol Jessie I got it tonight." he said and chuckled as he looked over at Marcus "good to see Angus resting" he said looking over at him " the magic wrap working okay, if you need more let me know I'll put them on the order list" he added " oh and Jess said shes going to pop over again later after her shift."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu May 18, 2023 12:21 am

"I still have to remind myself when I shop that I don't have to shove anything in a backpack anymore," Ginger said. "Life is just so much better now than it was. Mom was so happy for us. She wrote all the time, and she used to tell us how happy she was that we had normal lives. She was hoping to come see us and take us to London to a concert with a real orchestra."

"Our mom was a professional piano player before she met Dad. She had a job working in a muggle symphony. She loved music, all sorts of music," Anise said. "It had to have been so hard for her to give all that up to go live in a tent. She used to tell us all the time that she didn't regret it because without it, she wouldn't have had us, but I always thought some part of her missed the piano."

"He rather overdid it just a little," Marcus told Jack. "And he's not getting his pain potion like he should be. He's trying to go without it, and it's just too bloody hard for him yet. I think he's really glad for all the help, but he still has a need to try to make all the bases are covered. He's having some muscle spasms in his shoulder. I think he's going to need something to stop it for him, but I'm no healer. All I know is that I was a lot like him about not taking pain potions, and when I had an injury that was somewhat similar to his years ago, the healer that tended it for me told me that it's a spot where an injury there is particularly painful and needs extra pain control for quite a long time while it mends. So far the magic wrap is working just fine. When I could get him to take his pain potion and I activated the magic wrap, he dozed right off. Oh, say, did Robert pass on the news to you about the pack?"

Simone brought over a basket of fresh vegetables and sorted through Angus's and Ruby's refrigerator for more, Then she started to clean and chop them, putting them in a huge bowl.

"What are you making?" Marcus was curious.

"Homemade beef vegetable soup, some hot shredded ham and cheese sandwiches with a mustard dressing, and I have some extra large apple dumplings with French vanilla ice cream for dessert," she told them.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu May 18, 2023 12:30 am

Ruby listened to Ginger and smiled at her " I think she gave you the life she wanted for you, and for us, it was an honor she trusted us to look after her girls." she said hearing about their mother playing piano she smiled " well if you want to learn it too we could get one for the basement." she said " I think she would love whatever makes you happy, I always think there watching us from across the vail so think of it this way she still looking out for you in her way" she said.

Jack listened to Marcus and smiled " sounds like him" he said then heard Marcu ask if Robert had mentioned aything Jack nodded " yep about the pot luck group meet, yeah and I think its a great idea" he said hearing Caprice fuss alitle , he picked her up and played with her alittle before placing her back in her soft chair on the foor with her toys. He heard Simone and smiled " sounds perfect" he said hearing what she was making them for supper.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu May 18, 2023 12:46 am

"I think you're right. I think she wanted us to know what it was like to have what she considered a good life. She used to try to tell us she had experienced all sorts of things so she had no regrets in choosing the life she did, but she said she wanted us to be able to be free to make some of our own choices too," Ginger said. "I don't think either of us had really wanted to play piano, but maybe some day we'll get to go to that concert to hear what we've been missing. Actually, Robert and I talked about concerts once, and he said if I ever wanted to go, I should definitely talk to Michael. Not sure why he suggested Michael, but he was sure about it."

"Maybe he plays or something," Anise shrugged. "I do like your idea, Ruby, that those who have moved on are always still with us. It's a good thought. Hey, look." She pointed to a shop window a couple doors down, and then she went down to look in the window. They had some lovely midi length floral dresses. "Those are actually pretty. And look at that one. That would look great on you, Ruby."

"Oh, yeah," Ginger agreed. "I like the green one."

"You do look good in green," Anise said.

"I bet its expensive, but I'd still like to try it on, just for fun."

"You should,' Anise said.

"Only if you try on that white one."

"I like that one a lot," Anise said. "You should try one too, Ruby."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu May 18, 2023 12:56 am

Ruby smiled as Ginger said she liked her thoughts then motioned to the dress shop " well I like the green for Ginger and the white for Anise, I think the red and white is okay but a bit revealing , but you know what I'll get it" she said smiling as she opened the door for the girls . Inside she saw a rather nice woman walking over to them.

"hi can I help you" she asked and Ruby motioed to the dress " could I try that one on please" she asked and the woman smiled as she took it down and handed it to her " Girls grab your dresses and we'll try them on." she moved to the changind area at the back and quickly changed into the dress. Walking out she looked at teh girls " so what do you think?" she asked turing around in a curcle.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu May 18, 2023 1:16 am

They waited for Ruby to try hers on, and when she came out, they smiled.

"Wow. That looks sharp," Anise said. "It doesn't reveal as much as you think, and I think the slender cut of it, with the fitted bodice, really accentuates your figure. I like it a lot. With a pair of some sort of heels? It would be perfect.

"I agree," Ginger said, "but the most important thing is that you feel good in it. If you like it, then you should definitely get it, even if you end up wearing some thing different to the funeral. Maybe you could get Angus to take you out once in awhile. That dress should do it, I think, unless he's completely blind."

"Go try the green dress," Anise told Ginger. "Wouldn't it be something if we all three found our dresses in the same store?"

"Who knows? Maybe we will," Ginger said, taking the green dress to try it on. She came out a few minutes later, disappointed. It was too big. The clerk got her the smallest size they had, and it was still too big.

"Don't worry," Anise said. "Remember, Marcus can adjust it properly for you. I think the color and the print is splendid on you. If you really like it, then you should get it and see what Marcus can do with it."

"But what if he can't?" Ginger asked.

"But what if he can and it ends up looking fabulous," Anise countered.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu May 18, 2023 1:21 am

Ruby looked at her self in the mirror and agred with the girls " your right Angus and I have only ever been out when he took me sailing that was I think how Caprice came about" she said and chuckled "I agree and Im going to buy it" she said then looked as Ginger walked out " anise is right , and if he can't, im sure simone or I know how to alter the dress to fit, so don't worry" she said smiling " I think it makes you look beatuiful" she said smiling as she went and changed out of her dress and placed it over the back of a chair. " okay Anise your turn" she said seeing a pair of wedge heels that would go with the dress she had.

As she waited she found a pair of white and light green flats for Ginger "do you like these or maybe something with a bit of a heel" she asked showing her the simple white flats she now held.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu May 18, 2023 1:30 am

"I really like the flats," Ginger said. "They're perfect. Anise, go try the dress. You said you would."

Anise tried the dress. She loved the fabric. Once she had the dress on, she wasn't so sure about the puffy sleeves, but she did like the rest of it.

"Come on, then," Ginger called. "Let's see."

"I'm not sure," Anise sighed. She came out.

"Oh, Nissy! It's you!" Ginger said. "It's really you. "It's lovely."

"But the sleeves..."

"They look great. Mom would have it for you in a moment, and maybe a pair of kitten heels and some peach colored jewelry."

"I don't know. Ruby? Is it too frou frou for someone like me? Tell the truth," Anise said. "I'm not a frilly person..."

"A pair of puff sleeves does not make you too frilly, not once in awhile," Ginger told her.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu May 18, 2023 1:35 am

Ruby looked as Anise walked out in the dress she smiled at her " I think you look beautiful too, and I think sam will like it too" she said walking over to her she placed her hand on Anise's shoulder " if you don't like the sleeves we can do something with them, but Im with Ginger it suits you and no its not too froo froo" she said smiling "We can get the jewlery across the street, I have to keep reminding myself this is for a funeral so keep it simple " she said " but I like the sugetion of the kitten heels and some peach colored jewelry for you" she smiled at Anise " a girl can never have enough jewlery." she chuckled as she looked at them both " okay lets pay for the dresses and shoes."

She wited until Anise had changed back and took all the things they had chosen to the counter. Taking out her card she paid for them all " my treat" she said smiling at them both as she picked up the bags off the counter.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 83 of 100 Previous  1 ... 43 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 91 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top