A Birth day - Page 8
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 8 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 8 of 100 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 54 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 8 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:58 pm

Anise fairly sprinted out the door to go ask Michael to climb trees. Michael had just clipped the last of the herbs he needed for supper when Anise shouted his name and ran over to him.

"Marcus said you like tree climbing," Anise said.

"Yeah, I do," he said.

"So do I. I need to climb a tree. I've been doing girly stuff long enough. Climb a tree with me? Please?"

"Alright, but not more than one or two. I have supper to fix," he told her. He took her to some trees that he believed were easy for a beginner to climb, and he was as surprised by how well and how fast she could climb as she was that he was a far better climber than she was.

"How'd you do that so fast?" she asked him.

"Core strength, my girl," he said. "Your arms and legs are important, yes, but they're not meant to do all the work. Your core muscles are meant to protect your back muscles. Learn to use your core muscles so you can redistribute your body weight more effectively."

"I don't know what core muscles are," she said.

"These," he said, showing her. "Primarily your abdominal muscles."

"I'll be stronger?"

"Yes," he nodded. "You'll be faster and more agile and stronger, whether you're climbing a tree or doing rock climbing."

"I've never been rock climbing," she said.

"That's some of my favorite climbing."

"We use climbing to get eggs or to get the high fruit. What do humans use it for?"

"A lot of things. Sometimes for the fruit or nuts, sometimes for fitness, sometimes just for fun, sometimes for defensive or offensive purposes."

"So we're the same, then."

"Pretty much," he said.

"Could I climb rocks?"

"Yes. You could, with the right instruction."

"Teach me?"

"Fine, but not today. We'll have to start earlier in the day for that. How's your music paper coming?"

"Its not entirely done yet. I got stuck on a potions thing and spent way too much time on it. Nigel helped me, though."

"Potions is similar to cooking," he said.

"I don't cook either," she said.

"We'll have to fix that. That's a necessary skill."

"Nah. I can get by with fruits and nuts."

"Not with a werewolf's nutritional needs, you can't. You have to do better than that."

"Now you sound like Angus," she sighed.

"Well, I should think a chef should know a thing or two about nutrition," Michael laughed. "Alright, my girl, I need to go start on fixing supper. Come with me. I climbed you, so now you can cook with me. You need to learn, so come along." She went with him, even if she wasn't really all that happy with the idea of cooking.

Simone was still interested in Ginger's lace making hobby.

"So, how do you store all your supplies?" Simone asked her.

"Well, I don't have anything special," she said. "I had a knit stocking hat that I was trying to make and it went all wrong, so I just ran a drawstring around the edge, and my things are shoved inside it for now, but there's a hole in it that I keep mending because if I don't, my supplies fall out the hole."

"Back in the village where my house is, there is a little tiny shop that sells needle craft supplies--embroidery, needlepoint, cross-stitching, crocheting, knitting and the like, and I know they also have a few tatting supplies too. They sometimes get some lovely wooden boxes for needlecrafting. I think they know a fellow that designs and makes them. Maybe you and Ruby and I and Anise can pop over there when you're a bit stronger, and we can see what they have. And if they don't have what you like, maybe they can get him to make you what you want."

"Oh, gosh, that sounds expensive," Ginger said.

"If it's what you want, we'll buy it," Simone said. "I'm allowed to do those things for my grandkids, whether those grandkids are blood related or not. Is there something that your sister wants?"

"Oh, yeah, but I don't know what it's called. Its a board, and it has wheels. We saw some kids in a park once standing on them and riding on them, so now she thinks she has to have one too. Such silliness."

"Oh! A skateboard! Yes, my kids had one, and my grandkids all have them. If she wants a skateboard, then we might have to surprise her with one. And all these paved running trails would be a great place to ride a skateboard. She could ride for miles on these trails," Simone said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23598
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:28 pm

Ruby sat nd listened to Simone and Ginger but out the window she could see Michael and Anise climbing the trees and she smiled . Listening to Ginger she had a thought and heded down to the storage area of the basement. She lookd threw but sisn't find what she was looking for and returned " I thought there was one in the things we kept but , I was mistaken" she said as she sat back down to watch Caprice again. This time she took out her book and read about beasts again and their weaknesses.

Jack saw Anise and Michael climb trees and walked over to them " hey doing good there" he said to both of them then chuckled as he stood watching Anise climb " it also comes in handy if you need to get out of area like locked rooms and thers only a window and a ledge." he said then looked to Micahel " not that I have had that happen...much" he said and smirked.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5128

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:42 pm

"Looks like I might need to teach you some basic lockpicking," Michael said to her. "Mind if I take this one with me?" He indicted he was speaking of Anise. "She says she doesn't know how to cook, and I told her that werewolves don't get on well if they think they can just eat fruit and nuts. I think its high time she start to help at meals and learn how to cook a few things."

"Can't I just zap up something when I learn magic?" Anise asked.

"Well, first, you have to learn which end of the wand means business," Michael said. "And in the meantime, you'll do what? Starve?"

"Ruby'll cook for me," Anise said.

"Ruby is not going to rescue you from yourself forever," Michael said. "She actually is a good climber, Ruby. I think I could start her on some rock climbing any time she likes, if you don't mind me taking her off the grounds, that is. You could come along if you have the time. I know you wanted to do some rock climbing but never got to go more than once or twice."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:45 pm

Ruby looked at Micahel and listend then looked to Simone " I think thats a good idea and Anise magical food has no substance or nutrishion" she said " so you rely would starve if you lived on magical food all the time" she then heard Michael mention she could go with them " well I'd love to if Simone would not mind looking after Caprice for a while?" she asked looking over at her.

Jack chuckled and looked to Anise " shes right" he said and patter her shoulder before heading back to the barn to feed the animals as it was feeding time for them.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:02 pm

"I'm sure that somebody would look after the baby," Michael said. "No one here has ever let any of the kids be neglected. Alright. Enough climbing for one day. Let's go fix supper, Anise. We'll send some over for you when it's ready, Ruby."

He took Anise and went inside in the main house to cook the chicken cacciatore he had promised everyone.

In the meantime, the baby had rousted Angus from a sound sleep with some sort of cranky, fussy attitude. Ginger was trying her best, but the baby just wasn't having it. Nigel went over and took the baby from Ginger and checked her just to make sure she was alright. Then he handed her off to Angus.

"She's fine. She's just being a little brat," Nigel said.

"Yeah, well, that doesn't surprise me entirely," Angus said, taking off his sling to lay her on his pillow. He accio'd one of her pacifiers and gave it to her, along and charmed a toy to dangle above her to try to distract her. In order to make it hover above her, it had to hang right in front of his face, and that was annoying. He had to lean back and close his eyes because it was entirely too close to his face.

"Isn't that way too close to your face?" Nigel frowned.

"Yep," Angus said, as the baby started to fuss a bit less.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:11 pm

Ruby smiled and nodded " I know," she said and watched as they headed into the main house to make supper. Heading back into the duplex she saw Caprice with Angus and saw the toy close to his face. "Do you want me to take her so you can rest?" she asked seeing his eyes closed as the toy moved over Caprice. " Oh Michael has taken Anise to help cook supper, she seems to think she can live on magical food" she moved to look at Caprice and saw her with the passifier and smiled "good idea with the passifier" she said smiling before moving to sit down and continue her book while watching the bed where both lay.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:29 pm

"I don't really need to rest, but this was the only place I could put her with one hand," he explained to Ruby. "And that meant that for her to see the toy, it had to be right about two inches from my face."

"Anise doesn't really think she can get by with conjured food," Ginger said. "She just hates the idea of learning to cook. I don't know why she hates cooking. She just does. Mom tried to teach her, and Anise just really hates it."

"Well, we all have things we don't like," Angus said.

"Even you guys?"

"Yes, even us," Angus said.

"What do you hate?"

"I can tell you that straight off," Nigel said. "He hates being a patient for us healers. He hates everything about it."

"Guilty as charged," Angus confessed.

"What do you hate?" Ginger asked Ruby.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:37 pm

Ruby looked at Ginger as she spoke to her and thought about her awnser " Hum..you mean other than my mother and father, I guess it would be losing family and loved ones and being alone." she said and looked to Angus and Caprice before turning back to Ginger as she smiled at her " that includes you and Anise too" she added smiling at her. Turning the page she saw a picture of a were wolf and sighed shaking her ehad at the mean image that looked abck at her " these book writers are using some imagination in rrgards werewolves latly" she said and turned the book to show Simone and Ginger the picture.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:00 pm

"That's how humans see us, though. Ten foot tall, breathing flames, and all the rest. We hear it all the time. Even in our human form, people run from us screaming, no matter where we go," she sighed. "And if we're with Fenrir? Oh my god, you'd think we were out to murder every living creature we see and eat them on the spot. They run into their houses and bolt the doors and the shutters up tight. And they think we can change back and forth at will and in broad daylight. Idiots. Some of the older texts on werewolves had drawings that looked worse than that. Our dad honestly believed he was doing us favors by having Fenrir turn us when we were just tiny, but truthfully, Anise and I don't believe he did us any favors at all."

"Most people live in fear of anything they don't understand," Nigel told her. "Unfortunately, and humans seem to need to try to hunt anything they don't understand right out of existence."

"Exactly," Ginger said. "We've lost a lot of our pack that way, especially the older ones that don't move as fast."

"Hopefully the wolfsbane allows you to have a longer, safer life," Angus said as the baby had a diaper blow out on his arm and his brace and his pillow. he sighed heavily. "Twice in one day. Really?" Just about then, Marcus and Nigel got a whiff of what he was talking about.

"God, no wonder she was cranky," Marcus scowled. "That's horrendous, even for her."

"Come get her, Ru," Angus said. "She is one foul mess, and now so am I--again."

"I think I might be able to put a little addition in her formula to cut down a little on some of these random bombings she's doing," Nigel said. "Unless you prefer multiple baths and all the excessive laundry."

"I'll go get you a change of clothes and the basin--again," Marcus laughed, "and the laundry basket. Look at it this way, it used to happen to me right when I was about to eat supper. At least she missed mealtime for you tonight."

"Couldn't I just go up and shower?"

"That really isn't on your list at all yet," Nigel said. "And you really can't get that shoulder wet."

"What if I help him?"

"You wouldn't dare leave him for a moment, if you do," Nigel said.

"Why would I leave him?" Marcus frowned. "Come on. Let's give it a try." He laid the baby on the bed and apparated Angus upstairs to the shower.

"You're very blessed to have a guy who has all kinds of patience," Nigel told Ruby. "Most men would be having a fit by now, and this one just doesn't react much at all about it."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:14 pm

Ruby shook her head and closed the book " well we don't look at you that way" she said " we don't even see Jack or Jessie like that, its just rude in my eyes" she said placing the closed book down on the table just as she heard Caprice's blow out " oh dear." she said and stood up.

She walked over to Caprice as Marcus took Angus up the stairs to shower. Hearing Nigel she looked back at where he was heading up the stairs. " yep, I thank Edward for that, he raised him and that would be great , she seem to be having more of these each day, not sure if its something in the milk she's having." she said looking down at the bed " I'll clean that when I come back from washing and changing madam here" she siad and chuckled as she then waved her wand to send the beding to the basket ready for washing.

Walking up stairs she stripped Caprice and made a warm bath form her which she found fun and splashed for amoment while Ruby took out a soft clean towel to wrap her in now clean. Wrapping Caprice in the towel she walked to the nursary to dress her in a clean diper and a clean onsie ready for when it was time for her bed. Now clean she walked down and placed her in her bouncer chair befor accioing clean bedding and making Angus's bed again so it would be fresh for him, even fluffing the pillows for his arm.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 100 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 54 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top