A Birth day - Page 70
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 70 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 70 of 100 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 85 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 70 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri May 12, 2023 10:52 pm

"There is no spare room for him here," Angus said. "The only room here that isn't occupied is the boys' room, but with them coming home, I really don't want to put Evan in there and have to have him move."

"We've got three empty guest rooms on our side, and he's certainly welcome to use one of ours..." Simone said, just as the baby started to scream in an utter rage about something.

"What's her problem?" Anise frowned.

"That is a wet diaper notice," Simone laughed. "Could you either help with the diaper alert or maybe help make up one of the spare rooms on our side, Yu, please? Whichever one you do, I'll do the others."

Angus began sketching and was looking at a round two or three layer cake with a sculpture of the castle, and fondant figures of the boys in the boats on the lake, and the boys were wearing their robes and mortar board hats to show they had graduated, and on their way home. He decided that he would see if Robert could find some way of magically enchanting some of the same sorts of lighting enchantments they used at Sparks, but to have these look like little celebration fireworks over the cake. He believed if he did the right size layers, he could put the lake on the bottom layer and put the boats on the lake, then put perhaps some of the forbidden forest on the middle layer, and the castle on the top layer. He thought about a figurine of a Hufflepuff student holding a banner saying "Congratulations, Sam" and a figure of a Gryffindor student holding a similar banner saying, "Congratulations, Victor."

It was a very elaborate cake and it was going to take time to make. He was also doing a separate sketch to try to do the castle in cake too, but that was going to be very tricky business. The sketch was taking a great deal of time.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri May 12, 2023 10:57 pm

Yu looked at Caprice then to Simone as she said it was a wet diper alert and he chuckled " I'll do the spare room on your side of the duplex" he said and moved to the adjoining door " where do you keep your spare sheets and things." he asked Simone.

Moving to the duplex he headed up the stairs and found the shets and spare duvet entering their spare room he quickly opened awindow and began to make up the bed making sure it was aired out and clean for Evan's arrival. Jessie entered the Duplex after knocking " hey ho , im back" he said " okay the girls ready to go honey dukes?" he asked smiling.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri May 12, 2023 11:07 pm

"There's a linen closet at the top of the stairs," Simone told him. "Help yourself." While she was explaining where the linens were, Ginger scooped up the baby and changed her.

"What would I do without both of you?" Angus asked when Caprice was changed again.

"You'd be trying to figure out how to diaper a squirmy twelve pound baby with one hand," Ginger teased him. He laughed.

"We wouldn't be anywhere else," Anise said. When Jessie came back and said he was done with rounds, the girls lit up.

"We're ready whenever you are," Anise said. Angus got out his wallet, and he motioned to the girls. He gave them each a quantity of muggle pound notes, and some galleons.

"You don't have to give us money every time we go out," Anise said to him.

"Yes, I do,' Angus said. "You're not working but you do a tremendous amount here. You've both earned it."

"We're part of your family, right?" Ginger asked.

"Absolutely," Angus replied.

"That's just what family does," Ginger told him.

"Go have a good time," Angus smiled. Marcus took Caprice from Ginger so they could go. "If you want to take them shopping for graduation gifts, that's fine too, Jessie. Whatever you want to do. It's fine."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri May 12, 2023 11:11 pm

Jessie smiled as he waited for Angus to finish talking to the girls " I'll look after them " he said walking over and taking each gilrs hand " see you later, oh Ginger you might want to give Caprice to Simone" he said chukaling as he waited for her to Give her over to Simone.

Yu finished the spare room and heded back to the duplex to see Jessie and the girls " don't buy too many candies and no jokes" he told him making Jessie smile.

"yes mom" he said jokingly and chuckled to Yu " he knows I will" he said softly. Now with Ginger having handed over Caprice he took her hand in his and together they ported to Diagon Alley. Apparing near the three broomsticks he chuckled. " okay where do you want to go first?" he asked.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri May 12, 2023 11:28 pm

"Well, let's go to the shops to get our gifts first. Would it be in bad taste if Ginger and I pooled our money and we just got one gift for each one from the both of us?" Anise asked Jessie.

"Do you know what you even want to get them?" Ginger asked Anise.

"Yeah. I do," Anise said. "They wanna be fighters. They have wands, but they don't have knives. Angus almost always has two knives as well as a wand. He carries a switchblade and a swiss army knife. They need good blades. I want them to not ever have options, so they always have a chance to be able to come home."

"Good idea," Ginger said. "Our parents would never let us be without at least a good swiss army knife, but we also had our own switchblades by the time we were about eight, too."

"Exactly," Anise said. "What do you think, Jessie? Good gifts for young fighters? Or can you think of something better."

With the girls gone, Angus devoted himself to his sketch, but then an owl arrived at the window. Simone let the owl in, and it flew over and dropped a message in Angus's lap and flew out again, not expecting a treat. Angus did not recognize the rough, scrawling handwriting that had been done in pencil, not pen. It was addressed to "Junior." Angus opened the envelope.

"Meet me in the usual place, and do not bring the cubs. FG."

"Who is it from?" Marcus asked.

"I'm not sure. It's just signed FG," Angus said. He showed the letter to Marcus. Marcus read it.

"FG. Who do you know with those initials?"

"I'm drawing a complete blank," Angus sighed.

"Well, that's not helpful. Unless you can remember, you're not going to know where the usual place is, are you?" Marcus asked.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri May 12, 2023 11:34 pm

Jessie looked at the girls and shook his head " I don't have aproblem with it and if you do't have enugh I can pool with you, its a good idea" he said as they walked down to Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment to take alook at the equipment they had . Opening the door he waited for the girls to enter then followed behinf them " okay I think their over at the back of the store" he said walking to the back " we could get two with holders too that way they can take them where ever they go comfotabley."

Yu looked up from making the first cake as a letter flew in and Angus spoke to Marcus he thought for amoment then spoke " Greyback, Fenrir Greyback, posibly?" he said as he continued to whisk the cake mix.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri May 12, 2023 11:51 pm

"Okay," they said, following Jessie, They went with him to Wiseacre's and they followed him to the back. They looked over the knives. Anise was very particular about the knives she wanted. She picked out swiss army knives that each had fifteen different tools. It was better than her own, but she wanted them to always have a chance to survive, so she chose the best ones she could find. They were expensive, but Anise knew what she wanted. When it came to switchblades, she chose large, razor sharp, double action blades that had clips that would allow them to clip the blades to their waistbands, their jackets, their boots whatever they would find helpful.

"What do you think of these?" she showed the swiss army knives and the switchblades to Jessie and Ginger.

"I like 'em," Ginger said.

"Greyback," Angus groaned. "Of course. How stupid of me. They're back in the forbidden forest. That's where he wants me to come. If he's sending for me, then it's important. I need to go straight away."

"Not without me, you're not," Marcus said.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat May 13, 2023 12:05 am

Jessie watched as Anise seem to know exactly what she wanted he stood with Ginger as Anise chose the knifes and switch blades then brought them over to show them " I like them , practical and useful too" he said taking them to the counter " okay just have to pay for them then we can go to honeydukes" he said smiling at the thought of all those candys.

Yu finished one cake and placed it in the oven to cook slowly. Hearing Angus and Marcus he walked ver to them " do you want me to stay with Caprice?" he asked " I don't mind, beside if Jessie and I adopt I need the practice" he said smiling.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat May 13, 2023 12:29 am

Anise nodded. They took the knives to the counter, and they dug out all the money they had and counted it out. It was enough, but just exactly. It would not give them a cent more to use in Honeydukes. They looked at each other for just a moment, and then they nodded at each other. This was more important. This was for family. They didn't need candy. Besides, Angus could make candy if they really wanted it. They paid for the knives and once they were paid for, they were pleased with their purchases.

"I think they're gonna like 'em," Ginger said.

"I think so too," Anise grinned. "Okay, so we're off to Honeydukes now?"

"Do you mind?" Angus asked. "I'm sure Simone won't be far, and Edward's here someplace. I could take her, but the forbidden forest really isn't the best place to take a baby."

"Let's hurry," Marcus said. "He wouldn't send for you if it wasnt important."

They apparated out and landed on the road at the edge of the forest. They walked in, just the two of them, and they made their way to the clearing where they had always found Fenrir.

And he was there, waiting for them. He looked like he had been in one hell of a brawl, covered with cuts and bruises, with patches of ripped out hair, and some broken fingernails. That meant some broken claws too. His clothes were shredded and bloodstained. And on the ground was clearly a body wrapped in a plastic tarp. Beside him stood Anise's and Ginger's father. He looked even worse than Fenrir did.

"We were attacked before dawn by James' pack. Some of us hadn't changed back yet," Fenrir said. "Some of the pack were asleep. We took some heavy damage. A lot of injuries. And because not all of us were transformed, we were outnumbered by the numbers he had of transformed..."

"She's dead," Anise's and Ginger's father said, his voice numb, clearly in shock. "I couldn't protect her. I was too late...."

"We freed her from James, but her injuries were too severe," Fenrir said. "Phoebe is dead. He asked me to send for you."

"I...do not want her to be buried in this place, where she fell. She deserves to be buried with her kind. Do you have a place, any place, where the girls would be able to visit her later? Could you...take her...please? For them?"

"Absolutely," Angus said quickly. "Of course."

"Thank you," he said. "And...something else." He looked at Fenrir, "I can't. Would you..." He handed something to Fenrir, and Fenrir walked over to Angus.

"He is asking one more thing of you," Fenrir said. "He does not feel he can parent the girls by himself. They spent most of their time with Phoebe. He asks that you assume guardianship of the girls til they reach adult age. He apologizes, but we could not remember your female's name. We presume you can remedy this. Lupin can fix it for you, perhaps. If not, he will sign whatever you like." Angus opened the papers. It gave him guardianship of Anise and Ginger. It hit Angus like bricks. Phoebe had been murdered by James, and her husband was surrendering the girls to him.

"Please," the man said. and he broke down into heaving sobs. Angus's heart, already heavy from Ruby, was heavier now too. He walked over to the man, and hesitantly reached out, wrapped him close to him with his one good arm, and let the girls' father sob in his shoulder. Fenrir wasn't capable of this sort of compassion, not like what was needed in this moment.

"Let me help you and your pack," Angus told them quietly. "How many are hurt?"

"Many," Fenrir said. "Some will not survive."

"I can help. I'm summoning help," Angus said

Angus reached up and hit the alarm on his doubloon, paging Jack and Robert both.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat May 13, 2023 12:43 am

Jessie smiled as the girls paid for the things thy bught for the boys then together they headed to Honeydukes for sweets " if you want any let me know , Angus has an account here so your good" he told them as he opened the door smeling the swet scents of all the sweets float out as he did.

Yu walked the living room singing softly to Caprice as he soothed her to sleep , which she did but he paused seeing Jack racing out and porting away. he was worried but he staid with Caprice. Jack felt his medalion vibrate and ran out of the barn dropping everything he was doing before porting to where it indicated.

Apearing he saw Marcus and Angus stood with Fenrir ans Anise and Gingers father. " Okay whats up" he asked but paused seeing a body wrapped in plastic. He smelt a familier scent and shook his head in disbelife. " James?" he asked in a growl then looked to Fenrir " what do you need?" he asked hearing porting behind him and knew it was Robert.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 70 of 100 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 85 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top