A Birth day - Page 68
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 68 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 68 of 100 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 84 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 68 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu May 11, 2023 10:59 pm

"This estate is blessed to be loaded with lots of good cooks," Simone said. "But our first meal with them, with just us, is a great plan. That gives them a little to settle in with being home before we have a big party. And then, since we'll have so many people, maybe we ought to just do a huge potluck and let everyone bring a dish or two. Then there will be something for everybody."

"It's gonna be so much fun," Anise grinned. "Maybe we can do some contests of some sort."

"You mean like a three legged race or a potato sack race?" Simone asked.

"Jack isn't gonna fit in a potato sack," Ginger said.

"That's his problem. I'll fit just fine, and I'll beat his arse," Anise grinned. "But that's exactly what I mean."

"There's a tradition in Italy of a greased pole contest. You take a tall metal pole, and you cover it with grease, and the person who can actually get to the top--without using magic--wins," Edward grinned. "That could be a lot of fun."

"You climbing?" Anise asked.

"Heck no. I'm watching and laughing," Edward replied. "Suppose Robert will go for all of it?"

"For family fun? Absolutely," Simone smiled. She looked at Jessie and Yulong. "What do you think? A few contests? With prizes of some sort?"

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu May 11, 2023 11:03 pm

Jessie listened to Edward and could not help laugh at the thought of Jack trying to climb a greasy pole " oh definatly" he said chukaling " I want to see Jack climb that pole." he said then looked at Anise " I bet I beat him at that, im lighter and skinner than he is" he chuckled to her. Yu shook his head and chuckled too.

"the pot luck sounds great" Yu said softly to Simone and Edwrad " but what would the prizes be, food or actual gifts?" he asked " I could make some good luck charms to put in as gifts, my father taught me carpentry." he said with a smile.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu May 11, 2023 11:22 pm

"I think they could be white elephant prizes," Edward said.

"What's that?" Ginger asked.

"A white elephant prize is something that someone makes or buys that is designed to be just fun. Maybe something handmade or something like from Zonko's. They're wrapped up so nobody can see what's inside, and when someone wins they just pick one of the packages from the table," Simone said. "It takes the emphasis off the prizes, to some extent, and put it back on having fun, because people are more interested in the events and also in the mystery of what sort of little fun thing is in that present. They're not aiming for money or a trophy."

"That sounds so cool," Anise said. "I think we should somehow separate them, though, so the kids can have some events and prizes, and the adults can too."

"That's the only fair way to do it."

"Let's do a talent contest," Anise giggled. "Maybe we can get Jack to sing."

"Oh, let's not," Edward laughed at the idea of having Jack sing. "Remember, you canines are supposed to have sensitive ears, aren't you?" That made the girls both laugh.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu May 11, 2023 11:42 pm

Jessie like the idea of white elephant prises " sound great, well other than Jack singing, Im sure Jess has heard him in the shower more times than she admits" he said as Yu chuckled as he sipped his soda .

"would not want to hear that" he said knowing that was exactly what Edward was implying by the comment of sesative ears. Soon they were done and stuffed with Pizza " okay I think Jessie and I should head to our cabin , we'll be back tomorow after our early run and patrol" he said Jessie being pulled up from his seat by Yu.

"yeah, night guys see you in the morning" he said to the girls " bright and early if you want to run with us" he added as Yu walked him out of the door laughing as he stuck his head back in " and I won't forget the steaks ether." he chuckled
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri May 12, 2023 12:07 am

The storm in Tuscany broke some windows in the main house and tore down some trees and did some additional damage to the estate. By the time it was getting light, the storm was passing. Angus got up, and he looked out the windows. He saw that a good portion of the crew was up and starting to try to clean up storm damage. Looking across the yard, he saw that the house that his parents had lived in had taken a heavy, heavy hit. It was half gone. He looked at the house for a moment, and then he drew his wand and walked out of the smoking room. Marcus had barely had his eyes open, but when Angus drew his wand, that alerted him, and he jumped to his feet, now wide awake and he followed him.

Angus went outside, not saying a word to anyone. No one other than Rosario, Carlo, Angus, and knew Angus had been there at all. Marcus watched Angus's body language, and he saw Angus's strides become more purposeful as he walked. They were purposeful, and then they were determined. A man on a mission. He walked over to the house his parents had owned. The house he had only lived in when he had been too small to remember. He stood on the paved pathway for a moment, and Marcus didn't say a word. Then, Angus raised his wand, and using completely nonverbal magic, Angus took his rage at the pain that his parents had caused him and the heartbreak Ruby had inflicted on him in the last 48 hours and he used it to slash at the house, blow after blow, casting blasting spells, fireballs, and every sort of destructive spell he could think of. The noise started drawing his family out of their houses. Evan, still wearing pajama trousers and a tee shirt walked over to Marcus and just watched.

Angus didn't stop until there was not one board nailed to another. He completely demolished it board by board, and brick by brick until it was only one mammoth pile of rubble. When, finally, there was nothing left, his energies were gone. Spent. He sank to his knees on the path, unable to do more. Evan walked over to him.

"That needed to be done a long time ago," Evan said quietly. "Thank you. Well done, Brother." He helped Angus to his feet and he and Marcus helped him back to the main house. He noticed straight away that there was no Caprice. No Ruby. It was just Angus and Marcus. "Angus, where's Ruby? What's happened?" Marcus gave Evan a look as if he wished Evan hadn't asked the question.

"Gone," Angus said, not wanting to talk. "Bloody effing gone."

"Sit," Marcus told Angus, taking him to a chair. "I'll go get some coffee, shall I?"

Ginger had gotten up early, unable to sleep for no reason she could think of, and she had gone upstairs, gotten the baby, changed her, and taken her downstairs and found some jars of pureed baby foods and had fed her before Edward and Simone had awakened.

They nearly panicked at not finding the baby in her room until they saw Ginger had her in one hand and was putting coffee on to brew with the other hand.

"You have her? Bless you," Edward called from upstairs.

"She's fine," Ginger said. "Coffee's on, but breakfast isn't."

"That's fine. We'll get that," Edward smiled. "Is your sister up?"

"She headed out a little while ago to go running with the first stringers," Ginger said. "I expect her back pretty soon."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri May 12, 2023 12:14 am

Jessie ran with Anise and Jack down the track Jack running half speed while he strugled to keep up with Jack but not Anise he ran along side her until they got to the end " okay now back" Jack said Jessie groaned and turned around heading back to the duplex " there beter be some coffee" he said as they ran " becuse I could use some " as he drew close he saw Ginger in the kitchen with Simone and breathed out.

Yu had showered dressed and headed over to the Duplex with some fresh fruit salad he'd made for breakfast. " good morning Simone Ginger I brought a fruit salad." he said placing down the bowl on the counter ready for any one to take some. " I know you probably not had time to make anything with looking after this one" he said and tickled Caprice making her giggle.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri May 12, 2023 12:31 am

Anise had enjoyed the run, and she felt she was getting stronger all the time. She was glad to get back , though, and when they went in, the coffee was the first time she smelled. She excused herself to go shower and dress.

"Good morning," Simone smiled. "We haven't started breakfast yet. I think we slept in just a wee bit. Their bed upstairs is remarkably comfortable, and that skylight is phenomenal to sleep under. That fruit salad looks delicious. I'll put together something to go with it so we can eat."

While Simone was cooking, Edward went over to the floo and opened it to try to reach Angus.

"He'll be here in a moment," Marcus said. "He's talking with Evan.'

"Is everyone okay after the storm?" Edward asked.

"Fine. There's some property damage, but it looks like the staff is on it already, and we haven't regained power yet," Marcus replied.

"Understandable. It happens," Edward said, "but you're both alright?"

"We are, relatively speaking. Um. So you know. Benjamin and Eileen's house too a heavy hit. It was half gone when we woke up. Angus took full advantage of it and he took out his pain on it, and tore the rest of it down."

"Good," Edward said. "Saves me from doing it. I've been meaning to tear it down because nobody has any happy memories of that house. We could do something entirely different on that site, but that house really had to go. How is he?"

"Tired now. I think he'll be better after some coffee. How's everyone there?"

"We're fine. Jessie and Yulong brought some fruit salad and they're here, and Simone is making eggs, I think, and some sort of pastry thingy."

"Scones, Dear," Simone laughed. "Blackberry scones and a bacon and cheddar frittata."

"Hear that?" Edward asked.

"I do. Sounds delicious," Marcus smiled.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri May 12, 2023 12:37 am

Jessie poured a coffee and hear Simone mention what she was making "Oh sounds heavenly" he said smiling but taking some of the fruit salad Yu had brought too. Jessie watched and waited for the scones to be done becuse he wanted to cut it and spread butter on the inside to eat it warm. Yu walked over to Jessie and placed his hand on his shoulder before leaning over to whisper that he should go shower. " ecuse me ladies , some one said I stink so I'm off to shower" he said and chukaling headed out the door.

Yu took his place on a stool and sipped Jessies coffee since he'd left it behind. " don't want good coffee to go to waste" he said and chuckled as he sipped it listening to Edward talk to Marcus. It was now a latter flew threw an open window addressed to Angus from Ruby. Yu caught it " its for Angus, from Ruby." he looked at Edward as he walked over to him letter in hand.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri May 12, 2023 12:50 am

"Thank you," Edward said, taking the letter. "Marcus, we just had a letter arrive just now from Ruby for Angus."

"One moment," Marcus said. He went and brought Angus to the fireplace. "They just got a letter from Ruby for you," Marcus told him.

"Good morning," Edward said to Angus. "Did you get any sleep?"

"Robert's nighttime pain potion still has a dreamless sleep component in it," Angus said. "I didn't have a choice."

"Well, I'm glad you got a little rest. So I understand you did a little demolition this morning."

"You said that was my house to do as I wanted."

"And it was."

"So I tore it down. Nobody has ever been happy there. It needed to go, and I needed it gone. So I took care of it. That's what I do. Apparently that's what I'm good for--to take care of things."

"Feel better?"

"Actually, somewhat. Yes," he replied.

"So, would you like me to open this letter?"

"I think I know what she'll say. She's going to say she just forgot and she's sorry and she'll never do it again," he said dryly.

"Would you believe her if that was what she said?"

"I'm sure she would mean it and believe it."

"Do you doubt it?"

"No, Not really. I believe she would mean it. I'm just not sure how long it would last," Angus said.

"Shall I open it?"

"Sure. I have no secrets," Angus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri May 12, 2023 1:00 am

Yu stood with Edward as he told Angus about the letter Ruby had sent. He listened as Edward read it " Dear Angus, Firstly know I love you and Caprice, And I take full responcibility for how I acted, and treated you, Caprice and the Girls. Being here with Jeffery made me realize I was wrong, Jeffery reminded me that you have a right to your own opinions and I hurt your feelings doing what your perents did to you over and over. Coming here I felt was the only way to fix my head  and there for me. Things here are good, we meditate and talk and focus on repairing and refcusing. I miss you all so much but if Im to be the person I should be this is where I need to be. As I said at the begining of this letter I love you all and please give my opologies to the boys for not being there for their graduation, I am sad to miss it but I feel they need the old me and not th me that has angered and upset you, Give Caprice a hug from me and the girls, love Ruby" he heard Edward read out.

"sounds to me she put a lot of thought into that letter" Yu said as he sat with Jessies coffee in his hand just as Jessie now showered and changed returned and walked over to them.

"that my coffee?" he asked and Yu handed him the now half empty cup.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 68 of 100 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 84 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top