A Birth day - Page 53
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 53 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 53 of 100 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 76 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 53 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu May 04, 2023 11:58 pm

"I have no issue with Jack," Angus said. "That was just a difference of opinion, and we're home now. So its all good. Jack meant well. So if they want to take that on, then its fine by me.

"You know, Ru, on a bit of a change of subject, you should get Zoe or Nicky to help you and you should host an afternoon tea party in our tea garden for all the ladies here for some late afternoon when they can all come. I certainly don't think it needs to be today. I think you'd want to take your time and do it the way you think it should be done. We've done things for the boys, so I think we should do some things for the girls now.

"I'd ask Tara, Anise, Ginger, Faith, Evie, Kate, Jess, Abbey, Molly, and Simone, an anybody else I've missed. I'm sure Zoe and Nicky or Lizzie at Sparks would help you with refreshments. And I bet Marcus's dad has some ideas on special candies you could include. the ladies might have a good time. What do you think?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23821
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri May 05, 2023 12:05 am

Ruby smiled at Angus's responce and nodded " yep, i agre" she said then at the mention of an afternoon tea she looked at him " you sure I can do that?" she said nurvously to him " I've never done anything like that" she added but thinking more on it she nodded as she started to think what she would need and she accioed her note pad to work out some form of menus , " so would it be like finger food we'd serve you think?" she asked "Im sorry I have never done this and well if Im going to do it , I think it should be done right." she said glancing to check Caprice was still sleeping and she was happy find she was.

Looking back at Angus she hoped he would give her ideas where to start planing the menu for the ladies day.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5351

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri May 05, 2023 12:21 am

"Yes. That's it," he said. "I would do an assortment of things, and take the help where you can get it. Let the chefs do the baking for you. You could do some mini scones, some cookies, some little tiny tartlets, some tea sandwiches, and then do tea and maybe some strawberry lemonade or raspberry lemonade. I know some of my cookbooks have some sample menus you can look at for ideas. Simone can help you with the decorating. I know she's had to have done more teas than she can count, and i'm sure she'd be thrilled to help you. You could either serve it in the gazebo, or you could serve it outside in the garden.

"Frankly, I'd make it sort of casual elegance. I'd do pink gingham table cloths, mismatched old vintage porcelain plates and cups and saucers, lots of homestyle flower arrangements, that sort of thing, and I'd tell them they should, by all means, feel free to wear their jeans. Hire guitarist if you want some music. I think you should let everyone feel pampered but comfortable. But then again, I'm a guy. What do I know?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri May 05, 2023 12:30 am

Ruby listened and took notes on his ideas for the tea. As he spoke she wrote about bunting and table cloths and different foods they could have "Okay I think I have it " she listened to him make suggestions on having Simone help and she nodded "That would be great, I'll ask her when she's free." she said, " but in the meantime, I'll place an order for the table cloths napkins and anything else I can think of ." She knew this would keep her busy in the meantime. " Where is Simone?" she asked wondering since she had not seen her since their return from Tuscany.

You had put the horse in the stable, brushed and fed them as he walked passed the pool and smiled hearing the girls playing happily continuing his walk he did worry about Jessie on their werewolf hunt. But he also knew he was fit and capable of fighting.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri May 05, 2023 1:00 am

"I saw her and Tara out weeding the garden awhile ago," Marcus said. "Simone said the weeds had really gotten out of hand while we were gone, so they were going to sort it out so that the garden and the flower beds looked nice when Edward came home. And she said she had a couple garden gnomes she wanted to surprise him with. I didn't know Edward was into gnomes."

"He's not," Angus laughed. "He's not against them, but he's never had any reason to be interested in them either. But, if it makes her happy, it'll make him happy. Did you happen to see my brother?"

"Well, no, but I know that Nigel and Robert were going to show him around the main house and the grounds," Marcus said. "So maybe that's where they are. I know Evan really wanted to see it last night."

"I'm not an effective host," Angus said.

"You're not trying to be a host, are you? Did you not say they're not guests, they're family?"

"Something like that," Angus said.

"So let them act as family and figure it out for themselves," Marcus said. As he was speaking, there was another little flutter from the floo, and a message arrived. Marcus caught it. It wasn't even in an envelope. He read it and handed it to Angus.

Angus read it, became instantly angry, crumpled up the note, and chucked into the cold fireplace hearth.

"I need my clothes, Marcus," Angus said quietly.

"No, you don't. Not yet. Let's take a moment and think," Marcus said. Marcus used one finger, flicked the note out of the hearth, and tossed the crumpled paper to Ruby. The note was one line--Angus's other brother, Tyler. It read:

"Use every precaution---I just got word from one of Edward's old mates that Cora has enlisted the help of a 'problem solver,' and she's hired him to solve her problem with you. Tyler"

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri May 05, 2023 1:05 am

Ruby smiled hearing Simone and Tara were in the garden " I should help" she said but stopped seeing the note flutter from the floo and the anger on Angus face at reading it. When Marcus flicked the note from the fire she knelt down and picked it up to read it " oh great , cant she give it a rest" she said and showed Marcus the note. " wel were safe here , she can't get in the barrioe won't let any dark light users enter plus this place is unplotable." she placed the note down and looked to Angus " I'll find Robert and let him know as with Yu and Jack." ehe told him looking at Marcus she spoke again " look after Angus and Caprice I'll be back in amoment." she said and left to find Robert.

Heading to the garden she found Simone and Tara weding " Simone , we just got notification from Tyler, shes at it again" she simply said " please be on your guard."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri May 05, 2023 1:23 am

Angus sighed heavily, and he watched Ruby leave.

"Which she?" Simone asked, looking up from the gardening. "Suzanne or Cora?"

"Does Ruby have full understanding of what Tyler meant by a 'problem solver'?" Marcus asked Angus.

"I'm not sure. Robert won't miss it, though," Angus said. "They can bloody get in anywhere if the money is good enough. i need to reach Edward immediately."

"I'll help you to the floo, and we'll see if we can reach him." Marcus brought over an ottoman for Angus to sit on, and he helped Angus over to the ottoman in front of the fireplace. It took him nearly twenty minutes, but he finally got Sergio.

"Angus?" Sergio called. "I'm here. Edward's going to be here in a moment. He and Anise found some wild strawberries, and they're picking some for our supper tonight. What's the matter? You wouldn't be calling if it weren't important."

"It is. I won't keep you. Tell Edward that Tyler sent me a message a short while ago. He says Cora has hired a 'problem solver' to take care of me."

"Oh, God," Sergio said with dread.

"Angus," Ana burst in, "as soon as we get this beast taken care of, we'll be there...."

"Ana," Angus began.

"No, I'm not listening. If someone is coming after you, then its the same as if they were coming after us. We'll be there, Dragostea mea." He sighed. The terms of endearment had not died even though the romance had died years and years ago. The term was now a platonic reference and nothing more.

"She's right," Sergio said. "You can't keep us away. We'll wind this up tonight, and we'll be there as soon as it's finished. We'll tell Edward for you. Are you safe for now?"

"I am. Robert gave me a bodyguard, and he's still here."

"Well, that means nothing. Is he any good? That's what I care about."

"Robert doesn't hire dumbasses," Angus laughed.

"Touche," Sergio laughed. "Be careful, my brother. Help is on the way." The floo went dark.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri May 05, 2023 1:29 am

Ruby heard Simone and frowned " Cora and shes hired a problem solver" she said " Im going to find and let Robert know so we can do something to protect Angus, no one touches my man" she said turning to head to the main house to find Robert. Passing back past the house she saw Angus and Marcus talking to the floo and had an idea he was informing Edward.

Entering the house she looked for some one finding Kate she sighed " do you know ehere Robert is?" she asked "Cora, Angus auntie is at it again and shes hired a problem solver, what ever that is, but it sounds bad to me." she told her " I wanted to inform Robert since she would be coming this way, and that means here."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri May 05, 2023 1:46 am

"He's upstairs working on a potion of some sort," Kate said. She listened to Ruby talk about a problem solver. As one of the founding members of the Paris organization, Kate was not new at this.

"Ruby," Kate said. "a problem solver is what your father said he was. It's a disguised term for a hired killer. She's hired someone to eliminate him. Now, we don't know who she hired, and that can make a huge difference. It's like any other field. You have competent people, and you have idjits. If Marcus knows, then he'll have Angus protected. This is exactly the sort of thing Robert hired him for. We'll have to trust him to do his job. I'll tell Robert, and I'm sure he'll tighten up security here. For now, go home and do whatever Marcus tells you to do. I'm betting Robert will come over shortly. It's about time for Angus to have another dose of potions anyway. Keep calm, Ruby. In my experience, from what I've seen, this is when Marcus is at his best."

Marcus helped helped Angus back to his chair.

"Calm," Marcus said. "This isn't the first time its happened, and it probably won't be the last. You have to rest. This is already getting to you."

"I can't keep killing my family but here it is again," Angus said quietly. "It's her or me."

"Hold. You can't buggar back to Tuscany right now. You're not strong enough right now, thanks to her. You need to sit and rest. I'll be right here. If the fight comes, I'll take care of it. That's my job," Marcus reassured him.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri May 05, 2023 1:54 am

Ruby stood and listened to Kate's calm comforting voice as she spoke about what was going on hearing what Kate said made Ruby's axiaty spike for a moment until Kate reminded her that Marcus was hired for this reason and she nodded when told to head home and she would inform Robert " okay , and Kate thank you" she said smiling as she calmed down and headed out the door back to the duplex . Entering she looked at Marcus and Angus.

" Hes right, Kate spoke to me." she said to Angus " Listen to him, in this hes the best one to listen to, Kates going to let Robert know , she said he'll tighten up security, this assassin will not get to our family, my family to do that hes got a whole army to get threw, between me Marcus and the rest. " she said looking at Angus. " but right now you rest and heal, we have this." she said to him " let us protect you for once." she could not help smile at him.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 53 of 100 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 76 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top