A Birth day - Page 18
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 18 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 18 of 100 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 59 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 18 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:20 am

Angus took her hand, and he got up slowly, listening to her say she had seen Basil die of a heart attack.

"Thank you--again," Angus said quietly. "Looks like we're going to have some extra laundry today, aren't we? We're all going to have to change after being outside in a storm.

"Angus, look at me," Robert said. Angus wasn't entirely sure he could see where Robert was because of Basil' spell. Robert laid his hands over Angus's eyes, reversing the damage. "Better?"

"Much. Thank you," Angus said. He turned to Edward. "You okay?"

"I had no idea he was so jealous," Edward said. "I never knew he wanted all of it. You know, if it had meant the money or you, I'd have given it all to him in a heartbeat." He gave Angus a hug and kissed his forehead affectionately.

"Where's Ruby? Is she okay?"

"She's fine, I think," Edward said. "Let's go inside and dry off and get warm. This rain is cold."

"I've probably got a pair of pajama bottoms you can borrow," Angus told Barnett teasingly on his way back into the house.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:38 am

Aria laughed at his mention of the Pajamas as Jacob went to Ruby and helped her up leading her into the living room to sit down. He lifted her hair at the front and saw a small cut "Mr Lupin do you have a healer by chance" he said stepping to one side to show him.

"Im fine" Ruby said reaching up to touch her forhead and wincing as she felt the cut. " okay, that hurt" It was now Malcome stepped in and placed his hand on her forhead healing the cut to nothing but a scar.

"Jacob, you know Im a healer." he said and shook his head " sorry Mr Lupin" He went back to Aria as she let Angus sit down back on his bed again.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:54 am

"No problem," Robert smiled.

"You're a mess--again," Marcus frowned at Angus, trying to look like he didn't approve. He found a pair of clean pajama bottoms on the med cart. "Well, at least we don't have to go upstairs again.

"I presume you'd like the privacy screen for a mew minutes?" Michael said.

"Yes please," Marcus said.

"Definitely," Angus said. "It doesn't really matter to me but I'm quite sure there isn't a soul here who wants to see it." Anise looked at Barnett and after a moment, she asked.

"So, is it really over for my dad this time? Or is someone taking him again?" That got Angus's attention. It was the first time one of the girls had referred to one of them as her parents.

"Angus and Ruby are our foster parents, and we really don't want to lose them," Ginger told her, trying to explain for Anise. "Its one of the first places we really felt like we belong.

"Someone needs to tell Simone she can stand down now," Marcus said, remembering Simone as he helped Angus clean up and change--again. Angus looked outside to see Edward and Michael still with the body of Uncle Basil, and his heart ached for Edward. A moment later, they came in, and Michael went over to Barnett and put several things into her hands. A photo of the werewolf that Anise had slain last night, a vial of the Irrepressible Hunger potion, a portkey to Edward's estate and a key to his house, and a photo of Edward's weapons locker with all of Angus' weapons circled.

"This might be something you need to help corroborate that Basil set Angus up," Michael said. "Basil had it in his pockets, along with an old outdated copy of Edward's will. He had no idea Edward had changed it years ago ago to leave it all to Angus."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:10 am

Aria watched everyone and when one of the girls walked up to her she smiled at her. She didn't answer just yet as she saw Edward and Michael walk back in Micahel walked over to her and placed several items in her hands and she smiled looking at Anise " Yes, case closed and your adopted father is cleared of all wrongdoings and as for what happened outside, I heard nothing." she said smiling at Anise then showing the others the evidence that Basil was the killer all along together they nodded in agreement we'll make our report and there should be no more uninvited visits, Mr Donohugh, I can only apologise on the behalf of all ..credible Aurors, for your miss handling"

Ruby breathed out and looked at Anise " He's staying with us." she said smiling over at Angus. She saw the old Askaban pj's on the floor and picked them up to throw in the fire. Picking up the others that had been ruined she placed them in the washer and set it going. " so whose up for a coffee and cookie." she asked with a smile.

Aria looked to Robert and spoke again "We'll get out of your hair, if you need any help in the future you can count on us for any situation regarding the ministry Auror department, do not hesitate to call on us." she said to Robert and held out her hand " my invitation goes to your self too Mr Donohugh, both mr Donohugh's" she said and looked to Edward. Looking at Anise she smiled as she spoke to her "You got good instincts kid, don't lose it and when you graduate, come look me up" She moved to stand between the two men and " I'll be in touch with your formal Apology from the ministry and release." she told them all before aperating out of the duplex.

Ruby smiled at them all " So a job well done then" she said smiling
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:30 am

"Thank you," Robert told her, shaking hands with Barnett. "We appreciate the help.

"Thank you for all your help to my family," Edward told her. Marcus used some wandless magic and used a wave of his hand to slide the privacy screen away, as he used a towel to dry Angus's wet hair for him.

"Thank you," Angus said to Barnett. He noticed Ruby had chucked the old pajama bottoms in the fire. He was glad to see them go.

"I might just do that," Anise smiled at Barnett. When Barnett left, Anise came over to Angus.

"You couldn't see. How did you know where he was?"

"I could hear where he was," Angus said. "I listened, and I knew exactly where he was." She sighed heavily. "What?" Angus asked.

"I've got so much to learn," she said. Edward laughed out loud

"You know more than you think you do," Edward told her. "But good training helps you polish it."

"Looks like the rain is letting up, too," Simone said.

"That's okay, I want to see what this Monopoly thing is all about," Anise said. "And if we stand a chance of winning."

"That will depend entirely upon how observant you are, my dear," Kate said.

"Then we've got this" Anise said.

"We? What's this we business? You're on your own. I want to win without you,' Ginger said. That made Robert laugh out loud.

"You want to play, Angus?" Michael offered.

"No, no thanks, I'm going to just enjoy being home for a little," Angus said. Then he called upstairs. "Simone, you can stand down now, we're safe."

Simone came downstairs with the baby. "Oh, thank goodness. Is everyone alright?"

"We're fine," Edward said. "I'll explain it but then I really need to make a trip home."

"Home?"

"Tuscany," Edward said, knowing he had to take Basil home to the rest of the family and break the news to them all.

"I'll go with you,' Angus said.

"The hell you will. You're going to get back to your recovery," Edward said. "I can deal with this."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:38 am

Ruby smiled at Anise and moved back to the game, looking up she smiled as Simone brought Caprice down to them "Thank you Simone" she said making Caprice giggle but she saw Caprice was happy in Simones arms " She has taken to you" Ruby said then heard Edward talk to Simone about going home to Tuscany. " well the girls and I haven't been to get them outfitted yet and I think we all could use a break from here." Ruby suggested" Plus the war air would help Angus relax and recover." she added hoping Edward would concede to them going with him.

Moving back to the board and picking up the pile of fake money she chuckled "So who moves first, oh its the one closet to the six, am I right?" he asked
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:13 pm

Edward didn't have any problem with Ruby wanting to go to Tuscany any time she wanted to go because she was family. Family was always welcome, but there would be no relaxing in the trip for him. The only reason he was making the trip at all was to take the body of his brother home, break the news of Basil's betrayal to the rest of the family, and make arrangements for Basil's funeral. It was a grim task indeed, and having fun in the Tuscan sun wasn't even slightly on Edward's radar, and if he knew Simone at all, Simone would want to help Edward with these tasks, so relaxation wasn't on her schedule either, most likely.

Quite honestly, it wasn't in Angus's thoughts either. He had just come from Azkaban, after a night in the nick for being accused of 2 murders he didn't do, only to have to kill his own uncle to save the lives of all the people he loved. And now, he was going to have to face his family for it. If Robert let him out of bed at all, Angus wasn't going to be sunbathing either. Angus was hoping to get to Tuscany today, but not for anything other than business.

"Why don't you go and take the kids?" Angus said to Ruby. "They don't need to be involved in this. Take them to Venice and get that done and then take them down to the beach. They really do need clothes, and I'm sure they'll need swimsuits. We can have Rosaria and Carlo pack a picnic and a cooler with some cold drinks for you lot so that you can just enjoy the sun and you won't need to come up to the house and get involved in all this dark business that we have to attend to. We can have them just set you up a spot down there for whenever you get there. Maybe your brother would like to go along for a change. I know he doesn't take much time away. Maybe a day at the beach would be a welcome change of pace for him and Yulong. My place today has to be with Edward. I have to face my family for what I've done."

"You don't have one thing to feel guilty for," Edward told him firmly. "You had absolutely no choice. It was him or all of us, and you know it. He betrayed our entire family, and they're going to hear that from me, not you." He looked at Robert. "I don't know that he should be going at all. What do you think?"

"I think it is entirely too soon, but if he does go, he's not going to be on his feet much at all. He'll need a great deal of help, so I'll have to send Nigel and Marcus along with him," Robert said. He went over and sat down on the edge of the bed and looked at Angus. "You know, I do understand you lost an uncle today, and you feel like you need to face your family. However, that one shot you took saved the lives of fifteen people. The spell he was starting would have killed every one of us here today, and you did it blind. It doesn't feel like it, but it was exceptional work, and I'm proud of you. That was exceptionally well done. You've had a rough few days, Angus, and an especially rough 24 hours. I should order you here, but, I'm not going to. If it would help you to clear your head, then you go ahead and go to Tuscany, but just know that you're going to need to be on a sofa, on a chaise lounge or something. I suggest you take a go bag in case you just simply get too tired to get back, and I can see that happening very easily."

"Thanks, but I need to get back," Angus said. "It just isn't worth hauling all my gear and baby gear and finding someone to take care of Finn, and all the rest of it. It would be just so much easier to come home."

"Well, the dog is not an issue. The dog can come over to the main building with me," Robert said. "He'll be 500 pounds heavier when you get him back because he'll be entirely spoilt. As for any gear, we can pack you the essentials just in case you're too spent to come back tonight."

"If I'm going, I'll pack the damned bag, thank you," Nigel said. "His clothes are up to you, Marcus."

"Fair enough," Marcus said. Angus got up, found his cigarettes on the nightstand and took them out to the deck, sitting down on the lounge. He did not want to go to Tuscany at all right now. He did not want one more moment of confrontation about anything, and he knew he was about to receive it from about 150 people. He saw it as non-negotiable, though. He had to make the trip. The people here that knew him so very well understood he had two choices--take the shot and kill a relative. Or not take the shot and let the ones he loved the most die. It hadn't been much of a debate for him, but his blood relatives would never understand that because they had never understood him at all. He lit up a cigarette, trying to steel himself for what he knew was ahead.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:07 pm

Ruby heard Angus and smiled nodding as she spoke "That's my thought too" she said then walked over to him placing her hand on his "We'll be here when you've sorted everything out" she said softly to him " I'll make sure they only remember this time as a happy time not one filled with pain." she said " and I agree with Edward , you did the right thing, for Caprice, for the girls and your family, makes me love you even more" she said then kissed him gently before returning to the game and giving Robert some money he had won.

She saw him stand and move out side with Marcus not far behind him "so Girls how about a trip to venice then a beach trip in tuscany?" she asked smiling at Ginger and Anise while watching Caprice bat around her toys on the mat.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:34 pm

"I know," Angus smiled. "Thanks."

"Sounds good," Anise said.

"We've never been to either one," Ginger said. "Never been to a beach, never been out of England, actually."

"What do we pack on a beach trip?"

"Don't pack anything unless you have a book or some schoolwork or some things to do that you want to take," Angus said. "Ruby's going to get you all the clothes you need for awhile. Ruby, get them each a good go bag. They'll need it. And, I have an account with Clive and Diana. Just put it on the tab. I'll pay it later. They've also delivered to Edward's, so just have him forward your packages there. You can sort it out and send what they aren't going to need in their go bags home to the main building, and someone will deliver it and set it inside our house.

Nigel and Marcus went to pack for themselves and Angus just in case they didn't get back. Michael fetched a body bag, and he and Edward went outside and put Basil's body in the bag. Simone and Edward ported ahead of the others, taking the body with them so they could return Basil home.

"Do you need help packing baby gear, Ruby?" Simone asked. "I can't very well pack for you or the girls, but I know how to pack baby gear."

"I'll see you lot later, then," Robert said. He whistled for Finn, and he took Finn with him to the main house. It didn't take Marcus or Nigel more than about ten minutes to pack for Angus. Marcus had chosen some decent clothes for him, knowing the errand he felt he had to do today. He chose dark charcoal colored linen casual trousers, an olive green button down shirt, and a pair of dark gray canvas boat shoes. He packed him lounging trousers, pajama bottoms, a pair of swim trunks, a couple pairs of shorts, a couple pairs of jeans, the adaptive tees that Robert had bought him, and a few other essentials, including Angus's cigarettes and a few mystery paperbacks he hadn't read. He had also packed one of Angus's suits, in case he needed it. Marcus had packed his own usual go bag as well.

Nigel had gone to his room in the other building and packed his bag and had raided Robert's medical supplies as well as the medical cart in the duplex to pack plenty of supplies for Angus.

Angus had smoked two cigarettes in the time that everyone was bustling around packing. He was trying to rehearse in his head how he was going to explain his actions to people who had never liked him anyway.

He heard Marcus and Nigel both come back to the living room, and they arrived about the same time that Anise came back upstairs after having packed a little bag of things for them to do while they were gone.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:44 pm

Ruby smiled to Angus and nodded to Ginger " hes right , nothing it needed " she said then heard simone ask if she could help by packing for Caprice and she was relived " that would be fantastic" she said heading to grab her to go bag and fill it. Walking doen she saw Robert take Finn and looked to Marcus and Nigel arrive with bags and smiled at them both. Looking at Anise she spoke softly " does Ginger have everything she needs?" she asked " becuse we can pick it up while were out" she spoke softly " we'll see Clive and Diana first then head to tuscany for the beach and dinner." she saw how Angus was dressed and smiled at him.

Ruby walked over to him and fixed his colar on his shirt " they will understand and if they don't, there not worth your time or effert." she said softly "Those who care know the truth and will be there for you always" she told him stepping back from him as she waited for Ginger and Simone with Caprices bag.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 100 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 59 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top