A Birth day - Page 91
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 91 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 91 of 100 Previous  1 ... 47 ... 90, 91, 92 ... 95 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 91 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:06 pm

Ruby saw Anise get up and dive out the door she followed picking up Caprice as she went, standing back she saw Anise being thrown back and moved to her "Stay with me" she said kneeling down next to her. she heard Kate and Robert say it kills werewolves and motioned to Jack and Jess who had run over to stop where they were and not get any closer. " wait for Roberts all clear " she told them. it was now she called finn to her " come here boy" she said making Fin move to sit beside her " maybe thats what he was trying to let you know about by rolling in the mud?" she offered but then shook her ehad " I'll take Anise back to the duplex" she told them helping her to her feet and walking her back " he'll be fine" she said as she draped her arm around Anise.

Jack stood where he was while Jess walked over to take alook " where did it come from and why is it here?" she asked looking to Kate " also is Reginaled still here becuse he gave me quite the head ache with his noise." she told her with a frown.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Angus Donohue Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:30 pm

Robert went up to the lab and he got a long pair of forceps from one of his surgical kits, and he got a jar that he could magically seal the stone in so that it could not hurt anybody. He would cover it with a dark cloth so that the werewolves couldn't see it. He brought the forceps and the jar and a black cloth outside.

"Jack, you and Jessie and Anise go over to Angus's and get Ginger and take the girls down to their rooms. I don't want any chance any of the four of you will be exposed to anything about this when I remove it."

"Yes, Reginald's still here," Kate said to Ruby. "He's trying to protect Angus. Correction--'Angus and his kids'." She was listening to Reginald. "No disrespect to you intended, Ruby, but he knows you're not a target in this. Angus is because she feels he's responsible for Reginald, for taking the boys and for taking her granddaughter from her. He says he is not going to let Suzanne win, if he can do anything to help. Robert--he says there is a crack in the stone, and that's what caused it to be so dangerous. The stone is leaking. It must be contained. We don't know how to destroy it properly so the best we can do right now is to contain it. You'll have to be very careful."

He looked up at Kate who was wearing a very soft cashmere pullover sweater.

"Give me your sweater. Quickly,' Robert said. Kate frowned at him for a moment, realizing that would leave her in just her jeans and her bra, but she took off the sweater and handed it to him, and as she was taking off her sweater, Angus tossed off the brace and his tee shirt and handed the tee shirt to Kate.

"Thank you," Kate said, grateful, putting on his tee shirt. She noticed that it smelled of his after shave, and she quite liked the scent. In another day and time she would have been thinking about getting something similar for Robert. It fully put all the extensive bruising on Angus's shoulder into full view, though. His shoulder was coal black, and it went down his upper arm. down part of his back, down some of his chest and part way to his neck. His shoulder looked deformed, and it was horrendously swollen. Michael winced just seeing it, but Angus wasn't paying any attention to it."

Angus's brain was running overtime. He looked at Finn, his mind still racing, as Robert pulled the pendant out of the hole and put it in the jar and closed it and sealed the jar.

"The dog," Angus said, realizing.

"What?" Marcus asked, curious.

"The dog. I don't know how he knows, but he's only misbehaving when he finds something. Something critical. Is Reginald alerting him, Kate?"

"No," Kate said. "It's the other way around. The dog is alerting him."
Angus Donohue
Angus Donohue
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 391
Special Abilities : Ecological Empath

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:38 pm

Jessie and Jack with Anise headed back to the duplex Jack moved to Ginger and smiled " hey we have to go inside for a bit , nothing to worry about but lets show you your room" he siad and picked her up in his arms making sure not to siturb the blanket around her. He carried Ginger while Jessie stayed close to Anise taking them down to their room " why don't we play a game" he sugested " no beting" Jack added and looked to Jessie.

Meanwhile Ruby looked to Kate " none taken , He was just very loud" she said and looked back at the hole. As Angus took off his tee she winced at the bruising she could see on his shoulder and looked to Kate for reasurance it was normal for it to look as it did. She also looked down at Finn when Angus spoke about Finn and she smiled giving the dog an ear rubb as praise for what he'd done. " well, seems we have a smart dog here." she said
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Angus Donohue Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:55 pm

"So here it is," Robert told them, showing them the jar with Kate's now shrunken sweater at the bottom to insulate the stone from sitting just on the bottom of the jar "Im going to seal it so that no one gets into it but me, unless someone has an objection."

"No one is dumb enough to object to that," Michael replied.

"I liked that sweater," Kate sighed, disappointed.

"I'll buy you another," Robert told her. "One in every color if you want."

"I just appreciate the thought, Dear," she smiled.

"I'll take it up to the workshop for you, shall I, and put some additional protections on it up in and cover it?" Michael asked.

"Thanks," Robert said. Michael took the jar and the black cloth and the forceps and took it all inside. "Well, while it's all undone, let me see that mess," Robert told Angus. "Yeah, I did rather hope for less swelling, but clearly that isn't what I got. Have you been using it?"

"No. Not really," Angus said.

"Well, if its still swollen like this tomorrow, I will have to get a good deal more aggressive with it, starting with immobilizing it entirely. No movement at all. So, I really think you should try icing it. I don't want to add any more anti-inflammatory to it because I want to be able to see how it's doing without it more temporary potion masking what's happening. Ice. Lots of ice. Elevate it, which, in this case means sitting up. Ideally, when you elevate something, you want it to be higher than your heart. so entirely horizontal til I say otherwise? Not good. Sitting up at least somewhat is better than lying down. Use your recliner or a stack of pillows or a bed wedge if you're in bed. If you don't have a bed wedge, have Andrew get you one. If you all want meals sent over, you let Nicky or Zoe know. I'm fine with that, if its easier for a few days."

"We can eat rather well," Edward smiled. "Not only can Angus cook but Simone and Ruby are good cooks."

"And Marcus sorta makes eggs," Angus teased. Marcus laughed.

"Well, shall I send over a few more dozen for you all?" Robert teased.
Angus Donohue
Angus Donohue
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:10 am

Ruby lent closer to look at what was now in the jar, satisfied it was delt with she looked at Edward and chuckled " of course, I'll take over cooking supper until Nicky or Zoe can send something over tomorrow." she said moving to stop Caprices hand from getting too close to the jar that Robert held. She looked at Robert as she spoke again " shall I tell Jessie and Jack its save for them to come out of the bedroom now?" she asked.

Jessie accioed some cards and pulled a table beteween the beds then sat on the flor between the beds as did Jack " so whose dealing?" Jessie asked Jack chuckled.

"ladies first" he said and placed the cards down in front of Anise as Jessie split some tooth picks. " we use these as something to bet with, savs losing too many gallions." he explained to the two girls. He hoped they both knew how to play the game so they could keep ocupied until it ws all clear to come out. " so Ginger what do you think of your room, well shared room since your with your sister right now" he said looking at the two girls
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Angus Donohue Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:24 am

"Yeah, its fine, but I'd like to not yank either girl around too much physically today. I'll come over after supper and check Anise's arm. If she has too much pain, you could give her a dose of the regular pain potion."

"I have that," Edward said. "or I could use a pain relief spell."

"That's just as good," Robert nodded. "The best thing for those two is for them to get a good supper, get a chance to wash up a little, and have an early night. It's been a busy day for both of them. I will send Andrew over after supper too, and he can help the girls and Angus get showered and changed for bed. And, I say you should keep that wonderful dog with you. He's been quite a little detective for us. I'll have Jack and Jessie and the outdoor crew start again tomorrow to look for tracking charms to see if any more have been buried around the grounds. Do you care if I send Supernose over there to go along?"

"By all means," Angus said. "Finn likes going with anybody who's outside. That's fine."

As the cards were dealt and the game began, Ginger smiled when Jack asked about how Ginger liked the room.

"Well, this is the first I've see it, but it's wonderful. I can't imagine having a room without Anise. This room is bigger than our whole tent was. There's so much room here. And I love all the colors," Ginger said.

"It's really good to have you back, though," Anise said quietly. "It was really lonely in here without you."

"Well, I'm back, and you're not getting rid of me ever again," Ginger said brightly.

"Good," Anise smiled.
Angus Donohue
Angus Donohue
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:30 am

Ruby smiled and nodded to Robert as she tok Caprice inside to place in her bouncer chair so she could continue supper " oh by the way we don't have a wedge for Angus." she said stoping before she entered the duplex. Looking at him as she spoke.

Jack smiled to Ginger as she said she liked the room " I belive simone and edward painted it he said " and Angus and ruby shose the furniture to go in here" he added placing down his first card of the deal.

Upstairs Ruby began to finish making the fried rice that Angus had started and added the cooked stripped chicken to it and smiled smelling the delishious smell rising from the pan. " this is going to taste delishious." she said to a giggling Caprice not far from her. Once she was happy she moved to the recliner and placed a throw over it for Angus to settle down in as she knew he would probaly use that once he returned to the duplex.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Angus Donohue Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:45 am

Marcus brought Angus back, and Angus was tired by then. He sat down in his chair, and he hastily wrote the recipe for the orange Asian sauce for the chicken, and he floated it over to Ruby.

"There's the recipe for the sauce. When your chicken is cooked,' he told her, "pour the sauce into the skillet and stir it so the chicken pieces are coated and let it heat for just a minute or two. When your rice is done, put your rice down on your plates first, then add the chicken with the sauce on top. You could garnish with a little chopped scallion if you want. That's all there is to it. Did we tell them their lockdown is over?"

"I think they're engrossed in a hot game of toothpick poker," Marcus laughed. "When I stand at the top of the basement steps, I can hear them placing their bets."

""Well, Ru, you should add more toothpicks to the order this week."
Angus Donohue
Angus Donohue
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:51 am

Ruby smiled and took the recipy from the air and began to make it,Once done she dished up the rice she looked to Marcus " could you call them for supper please" she said and dished up the orange Asian chicken on rice she sent a plate over to Angus with a cold soda and glass with ice in it before sending several plates to teh table along with sodas and fresh lemonade in a chilled jug. She also made a bottle for Caprice testing it and making sure it was not too hot for her to drink.

Jack placed his second card now losing to Ginger, Jessie seem to be holding his own but Jack knew that would not lst too much longer as he smelt the food from upstairs and his stomach rummbled loudly and he chucked as he took two cards this time. " Ginger by the smell your suppers ready , want me to carry you upstairs?"Jack asked " and before you say it its no bother." he added smiling at her.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Angus Donohue Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:58 am

"I would love that," Ginger said. "Thank you." Anise went upstairs, smelling the chicken with every step. Her stomach was growling loudly too.

"Is that an earthquake I hear, or is that Jack's stomach," Marcus called, teasing.

"It's mine," Anise laughed.

"Well, there's more than enough for Jessie and Jack too if the want Asian Orange chicken--unless Ruby ate half of it before it got to the table. I had quite a lot of chicken to use. There's probably enough for some leftovers for Yulong too, if Jessie wants to either ask him over or take a plate to him," Angus said. "And I think Ruby baked some of my tiny little cinnamon rolls."

He knew the girls had not seen his huge cinnamon rolls, and he knew it would be a surprise when the actually saw one.
Angus Donohue
Angus Donohue
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 91 of 100 Previous  1 ... 47 ... 90, 91, 92 ... 95 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top