A Birth day - Page 80
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 80 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 80 of 100 Previous  1 ... 41 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 90 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 80 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:05 pm

Jess smiled and relaxed " gOod to know and I heard" she said. Jessie looked at Anise and frowned as she ahd spoken about some one with strong emotions that she could feel.

" um not that I know of and Kate , yeah shes a seer too" he said then looked to Yu " might be Angus hes not here right now but I know Rubys back in her duplex , we have alot of emotional people with Suzzane the idiot woman running around right now, or might be Jess since Jack was hurt " he shrugged and looked back at Anise " might want to talk to Kate about how to turn that off or block it or something , just so you son't pick up on the wrong emotion." he added then stood up " now, whose up for the run" he asked clapping his hands " becuse Im ready to run" he said chukaling.

Jess took Jack to their room and laid him down once he was setled she kised him and headed back down to the living room and to Robert. "Hes setled until morning" she said and accioed a cup of fresh camommile tea for her nerves.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:26 pm

"Okay. I'll try to see if I can get a minute with her--after I beat you fair and square. Is David and that other bloke coming? Should we ask them?" Anise said.

Simone was cleaning up after lunch, and she saw Anise and Jessie getting ready to go somewhere. Anise was starting to do some leg stretches.

"Oh, Anise and Jessie are looking to go on a run. They're warming up. Aren't you going too, David?" Simone asked.

"I would, but I can't leave with Edward and Angus both gone," David said.

"Ruby and I are not incapable,' Simone said firmly. "We can both wield our wands, and if worse comes to worse, we can pop over to the other building or over to Tuscany. Isn't that right, Ruby? We'll be just fine. You go on your run, and I'll rope Ruby into helping me with the washing up."

"If you're sure," David said.

"Positive," Simone said. "Get out. Let us have some well earned girl time. Go." David laughed and signaled Marcus, transfigured his clothes and apparated over to the track.
"Now, I'll set the washing up spell in place. I have some instant orange mocha cappucino mix. How about a cup of something hot and orange and chocolatey all at the same time, and maybe with a piece of chocolate dipped shortbread? I bought some and they're in Easter shapes just for fun, with some spring colored sprinkles. The boys can't have them. These are ours."

"Good," Robert said to Jess. "He'll be fine, but if you need some bed wedges so he can sit up when he is resting or sleeping, you'll find some over at the farm in the storage room off the big sickbay. I can tell you from personal experience that if he allows himself to go to sleep lying flat, he will definitely regret it when he wakes. I've had more than my share of broken ribs--more than once. Hey, I'm thinking of trying Ginger over at Angus's, but if I do that, I'll try to see if they can accommodate staff during the day at the very least. I don't know how secure i am without awake staff at night, but she's not critical anymore, and I think she would benefit from being out of a sickbay into a real home, closer to Anise--if Anise can be persuaded to spend any significant time indoors."

At that moment, Kate came indoors, apparently looking for something. She saw Robert and Jess.

"Where's Angus?" she asked.

"I don't know. I give up. Where? Not my day to watch him," Robert said.

"It's not funny, Robert. Something's not right. This is not anything I've felt from him before. It's tremendous pain..."

"He's used to pain, Kate," Robert said, trying to brush it off.

"Not like that. This is not a bruise from a skirmish. This is something else."

"Well, if anyone knows, Edward will know. If I know Edward at all, you find him, and you'll find Angus."

"You are sometimes no help," she scowled at him.

"I'm sorry?" he asked, laughing.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:47 pm

Ruby heard Simone and saw Anise and Jessie geting ready for a run and David watching as simone spoke to him. " oh that would be great simone and David just go, please we'll be fine." she said looking down at Caprice who was now laid sleping on the blanket. She listened to Simone and smiled " sounds perfect" she said " I have to admit I am worried about Angus, but not at the same time becuse I know he can take care of himself, is that normal?" she asked.

Jess nodded to Robert and accioed a large bed wedge to put under Jacks back. "I'll take it to him when I chaeck on him in a bit" she said placing it next to her. " but you know him hes stoborn and will not admit to any pain being unmanagable." she said with a chuckle. She saw Kate enter and shook her head " not that I know of, you feel it too, I just thought it was Jack " Jess said
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:14 pm

"God, yes. It's normal with this family," Simone laughed. "Edward has had two calls to go get rid of an out of control werewolf, and he went by himself while Angus was still in his wheelchair, and both times I worried for him, even though I knew that there is nobody in this country that has the reputation that he has had for taking care of werewolves that present danger to everyone else. I have learned, though, that when he and Angus are together, there is no need to worry. They have always, always had each other's backs, no matter what. If they are in trouble, they'll signal. So, lets just enjoy our girls' afternoon."

She made mugs of the cappuccino for them and set out the tin of Easter shortbread.

"Try a shortbread. I think they're quite good. Lizzie, at Sparks, makes them, and she bought some really clever spring tins, I think," she said. "Have you gone out and looked at the tea garden. God, it's gorgeous. You should see it. He's added the trees, some tuned windchimes, a little koi pond with a fountain, its got a beautiful white gazebo with comfortable furniture and beautiful solar lighting that keeps it lit at night. He's all sorts of stunning flowers, and a lit flagstone path from the deck to the gazebo. I think it is a lovely place, and I think we should make use of it and have tea or coffee there. I'm hoping Caprice learns to love it. It's clear he had her in mind when he started that by planting that tree on the day she was born."

"No," Kate told Jess. "It's not Jack. His energy feels different entirely to me. To me, its lke having three or four children and being able to distinguish who's calling just by the sound of their voice. This wasn't Jack. It was Angus. I'm as sure of it as I am my own name. This isn't physical suffering either. This is a completely different sort of pain. It's nothing I've ever felt from him."

"Well, we should hope that Edward is with him, then," Robert said. "I wonder if Suzanne is back at him again wherever he is."

"Well, I don't know," Kate said. She glanced out the window and saw David and Marcus and Anise lining up at the track and waiting on Jessie. "Oh, this should be interesting. Your little spitfire, Robert, is taking on the big boys. She's about to run the track against Jessie, Marcus, and David, I see. I rather hope she at least places well, if not a clean win."

"Well, she has lightness, youth, and agility on her side," Robert said. "The boys are trained, though, so it will be interesting to see what wins--her youth and agility or their training. Maybe we should go watch. You two keep me posted if you learn anything else about Angus, won't you? And lets not give Ruby any reason to worry unless we know something for certain."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:24 pm

Ruby smiled hearing Simone and chuckled at what she said " it sounds like the perfect place for her to just sit and calm." she said " I'll take Caprice round to see it in the morning" Ruby said with a smile as she took some shortbread and ate it along with the cappuccino " this is wonderful thank you" she said and sat back on the couch " your right if Edwards with him then hes good" she said noticing Jessie and Marcus out side " well this should be good, get ready to rib Jessie for being beat by a girl and I think maybe a few days in tuscany away from my mother might help both of us?" she said having a feeling that a few days of calm would do both of them good but she was also concerned who whould look after Ginger and Anice.

Jess listened to Kate and nodded as she said it felt like Angus and that Robert spoke hoping Edward was with him. " if he is hes fine, possibly drunk but fine" she sid and chuckled knowing how Edward woud get with Angus when he went into a depressed phase. Jessie walked out and transphigured his clothes to running clothes " Hey Marcus, spitfire here wants to run the assault course you up for it?" he asked
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:50 pm

"Ready and waiting for you, Slowpoke," Marcus tossed Jessie a little bit of teasing, as he did a few stretches himself. Then he looked at Anise. "Should we take it easy on you your first time on the track, Shorty?"

"Don't you dare," she scowled at him. "And I refuse to spot any points to any of you for being old." David and Marcus laughed out loud.

"Was she like that at home?" Marcus looked at David.

"Yes. She's incorrigible."

"Well, then, she'll fit in just fine, I figure."

"Stop talking. Let's go," she said.

"On three then," Marcus said. "One...two..." And at two, David took off, deliberately baiting Anise.

"You little booger!" she shouted, taking off right after him. "You're mine! I'll get you!"

"Get him, Girl!" Marcus laughed, joining the race.

Robert laughed out loud seeing David try to cheat and Anise wasn't having it.

"Oh, lordy," Simone laughed. "David will probably never live that down, will he? She'll have his guts for garters for that. And she'll probably still beat him. I have to say, I really hope she beats him fair and square. Yes, we could certainly go to Tuscany, I suppose. We should talk to Robert first to see what his plans are for Ginger before we decide to go to Tuscany. Anise could, and should, go with us, but we should check about Ginger before we plan anything."

Angus had emptied the whiskey bottle, and Edward had only had two fingers worth. Angus was sufficiently hammered. With no levity to make him a happy drunk, he was simply quiet now. Edward decided he'd better get the boy home to a quiet place. He shrank the empty bottle deciding not to leave it behind, and he apparated to his house in Tuscany, holding Angus up. Rosa and her husband hurried forward and saw Angus in his sorry state.

"It was my idea," he told them. "I'm going to take him up to his room for the night." Rosa hurried ahead of him, opened Angus's bed, and Edward put him in it and took his jeans, his shirt and his shoes and covered him. He put Angus's crappy cigarettes in the trash. Rosa took his clothes to go wash them, chattering at Edward about how they stunk. Edward asked her to order Angus a carton of good cigarettes. She nodded and made away with Angus's clothes.

Edward went to his office and tossed the empty firewhiskey bottle into the wastebasket and then made himself a drink of his own with better firewhiskey now that he was home. He went over to the fireplace and opened the floo.

"Simone? You there?" he called.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:56 pm

Jessie laughed as Marcus took off ahead of them " come on let get him" he said and took off after Marcus. Ruby laughed as they all took off towards the assault course. she looked at Simone and smiled " yep and I agree we need to talk to Robert to see if it would be safe for Ginger to travel." she paused as she heard Edwards voice in the flo " edward?" she said confused " shes right here beside me " she told him but heard Caprice wake with a wail, she moved to pick her up finding she needed a change.

Moving to the couch she placed down the mat and quickly changed Caprice. leaving Simone to talk to Edward.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:11 pm

"Is Ruby with you?" Edward asked.

"She was, but Caprice got fussy, so she took her out," Simone said. "Are you with Angus?"

"Well, he's with me, to be more accurate. Call her back."

"Is he alright?"

"Yes. Well, he's smashed right now. He's sleeping it off."

"That's not like him," Simone said.

"Well, I gave him a lot of help on that, I must admit. He had no idea he'd had that much. He'll wake up with the hangover from hell, and I'll dose him up on hangover potion. Then we can start our discussion again."

"So I don't understand. What happened?"

"He made a critical mistake for any fighter. Never listen to the enemy's trash talk. He listened, and it really got to him."

"That does not sound at all good."

"Well, he believed he had the situation in hand, I think."

"And did he?"

"Well, his heart was in the right place but his strategy wasn't worth shit," Edward replied. "I told him--a few times--that the right thing to do was to talk to Robert. First he told me to screw Robert. And then the last time I told him we needed to talk to Robert, he told me I should go tell Robert to go do all sorts of perverse things." Simone laughed out loud.

"Oh, for the love of..." she began. "He really was completely polluted, wasn't he?"

"Oh, indeed," Edward laughed. "It really was pretty funny, actually. Did you call Ruby?"

"Oh. No. I forgot. Ruby?" Simone called. "Edward has Angus with him. Come talk to Edward for a moment."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:16 pm

Ruby finished with Caprice and carried her back into the living room " we're back she gave me a present " she said chukaling " huh, okay , well I'm here , Angus is okay right?" she asked soothing Caprice as she held her then sat in a chair by the fireplace. " David and Jessie are ou with Marcus runing with Anise." she said but stopped waiting for him to talk about what he wanted to tell her.

Jessie ran as fast as he could to the asault course and began to climb over it but half way he lost his footing landing face first in teh mud under the course " for f..fluffs sake" he said correcting his swear word since he knew Anise could and would hear him he also knew Marcus would nevr let him live that one down.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:28 pm

"Will I even have to teach you how to effing cuss too?" Anise shouted back at him. David and Marcus laughed.

"I like the girl," Marcus laughed. "Do we let her win?"

"Hell no. Get her," David said. Marcus sped up and made it run beside her. She looked over at him.

"Where'd you come from?" she asked. "Did you cheat?"

"No. Did you?"

"No. Well, Jessie's out, and David's slow. Its you and me now, Pipsqueak. Bring it."

"You're on, Puny Human," she said, pouring on a bit more speed.

"Gotta try harder than that," he said matching her stride.

"You can't be human."

"You're a seer. Figure it out."

"How'd you know?"

"I'll meet you at the finish line, Squirt," he said, speeding ahead of her.

"Squirt? Who are you calling Squirt?" she shouted, now having to work for the first time in the race to try to gain on him.

Edward waited for Ruby, and when she asked if Angus was alright, he laughed gently.

"He's fine. He's with me. We're here at the main house in Tuscany. He made a couple of really elementary errors in this afternoon's skirmish, and he was pretty upset about it. So, I tried to talk to him, and you know what he's like when he isn't ready to talk. So I fed him a little firewhiskey. I told him we needed to discuss his ideas with Robert, and he told me I should screw talking to Robert. Well, that's not precisely what he said. Anyway, I gave him a little more firewhiskey...well, it was more than that. And I tried to tell him again that we needed to talk to Robert. Then he proceeded to tell me that Robert should go do all sorts of various perverse things. I won't tell you exactly what he said Robert should do, though. It isn't appropriate for ladies to hear. So, right now, he's in his room sleeping off a bottle of firewhiskey. When he wakes up, we'll try again. But other than that, he's safe and he's fine."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 80 of 100 Previous  1 ... 41 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 90 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top