A Birth day - Page 67
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 67 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 67 of 100 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 83 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 67 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:24 pm

Jack chuckled and nodded " sure , don't need any more plants at the restaraunt, oh and mines Tiramisu please " he said with a chuckle as he waited for Angus to port them to the house.

Ruby smiled at Simone and nodded " sure I'd love to look around, maybe even see Angus old room" she said and smiled as she moved over to Edward " here you go Grandad." she said placing Caprice in Edwards arms " Simon is giving me the tour of the house." she said still smiling as she felt like the warm sun took away all her worries and made the day better. " so where should we start this place is beautiful just one the outside ?" she asked " oh has to be Angus's favorate spot , the kitchen" she said now walking beside Simone into the house.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:45 pm

Simone took Ruby to the kitchen and showed her around and showed her the pantries, the wine and root cellars, the dining room, the living room, and then took her upstairs and showed her through the bedrooms, the balconies, and the bathrooms. It was all meticulously clean, but clearly the only rooms that were being used upstairs was the master bedroom, the master bath, and the balcony off the master bedroom.

In the meantime, Angus ported Jack and Brian to Edward's, and he walked them to the garden where Evan had gathered some grounds crew members and they had gotten at least one starter plant off every plant Edward had in his garden. They had four large garden trugs loaded with plants, all with little paper labels carefully put around each little plant so that they could be easily identified and transplanted. And the trugs had been carefully packed and sealed so the plants would not be blown away or damaged in porting back home.

"Nice to see you all again. We've packaged up four trugs for you. That's one of every kind of plant Edward has," Evan told them. "If something doesn't take, let us know, and we'll send you over another. When did you start smoking cigars, Angus?"

"I don't,' Angus said. "Maybe a cigarette once in a blue moon, but I don't smoke cigars. Why?"

"I smell thick cigar smoke on you, Dude."

"I just had coffee with a guy that smokes those little thin things," Angus said.

"Uh uh. That's not it. This smell is just like those big fat Cuban cigars that one of our suppliers likes," he said.

"Meh, Ruby's dad used to smoke those things all the time," Angus said.

"I thought he died,"

"He did. His ghost has been hanging out with me, I think," Angus said.

"Causing you trouble for offing him?" Evan asked. "Maybe you should write Aunt May and have her have a word with him."

"Ironically enough, he's not making trouble," Angus said. "Besides, Robert's wife could help me if I needed it. He'll move on when he's ready, I think. Thanks, Evan."

"Your daughter is gorgeous, Man. Really. She looks just like Gran did in her baby pictures. You should show some of those pictures to Ruby. They have the same lips and the same nose."

"I thought so too," Angus said. Angus looked at Brian and Jack. "Can you manage those?"

"I think we can each handle two baskets without much trouble," Brian laughed. "Shall we go, Jack?"

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:52 pm

Jack felt himself stop and looked around smiling as he felt the warm sun on his skin he looked at the tugs and chuckled. Looking at Evan he sighed knowing who he was talking about but chose to ignore it. Walking over he took hold of two of the tugs and looked at Brian " yep ready" he said waiting for brian to port them home. Ruby meanwhile had been enamoured by the house.

"This is beautiful" she said "I can see why Angus loved the kitchen is perfect for cooking, and that master bedroom with en-suite bathroom, I mean wow" she said and chuckled " so where was Angus room when he was growing up?" she asked " oh and what room was it you were going to redecorate because the master looks perfect" she said smiling as she looked out the balcony windows that stood open to let the cool air waft in.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:11 pm

"Angus's room is across the hall. As you come up the stairs, Angus's room is the last room on the right. It's a corner room. Angus is such an outdoors lover that, Edward says, he made an exception and put an L shaped balcony on Angus's room so that it wrapped around the corner. It has views of the south and the west."

She took her into the bedroom that was, actually, still Angus's. It had blue walls, with a white full sized bed, white nightstands, white highboy dresser, simple lamps, and some tasteful nautical decorations on the walls. On one wall was a holder for fencing foils. There was a sword foil, a rapier foil, a single bladed sword, a double bladed sword, a rapier, and a scimitar.

"Edward says most of Angus's swords are downstairs locked in a weapons safe. Evidently, Angus took fencing lessons and was a collector at one time," Simone said. "Perhaps that explains his style of fighting a little." She took Ruby out to the balcony where a telescope sat on the corner of the balcony, and comfortable chairs were on the south and the west sides. "Looks like he might have done some sky watching from here. Suppose?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:20 pm

Ruby listened to her describe Angus's room and smiled. they walked to it and as soon as she opened the door Ruby smiled again " it reminds me a little of the Ravenclaw common room in Hogwarts, always did like being in that room." she said brushing her hand over the white full sized bed," it's just like him, perfect" she said then blushed a little as she realized she let her love for him show. She moved with Simone to the balcony and stepped out onto it. she looked up even though it was day time she imagined the starts they could see from the balcony and smiled again "it's perfect for star gazing, I can imagine him laid there looking up and wondering what's out there." she said glancing down she could see Edward and the girls below.

Jack appeared back at the main house and moved the tugs to the duplex placing them by the back door ready to be planted. Two men walked over and took them " make sure they go in the right place Edward will have our hides should any of those plants die," he said one man chuckled and the other spoke " don't worry boss we know where they go." he said and they left him standing in the yard.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:31 pm

Angus went into the house and was greeted warmly by Rosa and Carmine--Edward's cook and butler. Edward had never asked them to wear uniforms, so the had always just dressed simply, as Edward had. They chattered to him in fluent Italian about how wonderful it was to have him home, how tickled they were that Edward had fallen in love and married Simone after all the years alone, and how pleased they were to see Angus had a child of his own. Angus explained that he also had two adopted sons that were soon going to be adult age, and they were overjoyed to hear that there were even more Donohues now than before. They made Angus promise to bring his family and come for a proper vacation this summer. Angus told them that he thought Ruby was still a wee bit nervous to travel with the baby, and Rosa told Angus in no uncertain terms that he had to tell her that Rosa and Carmine had raised eight children of their own and now they had 26 grandchildren. They knew very well how to take care of a baby and would certainly not let anything happen to this one either. It made Angus laugh, and he told them that he could not think of anyone he would trust more to help look after his daughter while they were on holiday except perhaps Edward and Simone.

Abbey came dashing into the kitchen with Molly right behind her.

'You late, Aggie!" she told him. "We hungee!'

"You're hungry?" Angus turned around, trying not to laugh. "So, what should I do about it?"

"Basketti! You promise basketti!" she said.

"Alright, alright. As soon as we find Papa Ed and Gam Cece and RooBee we can go."

"They no come soon, we eats basketti by ourselves," she said as her tummy growled loudly. That made Angus laugh.

"Give them a minute. I'm sure they won't be long," Angus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:40 pm

Ruby heard Angus down below and smiled heading from his room down to the kitchen she heard them talking and smiled as she entered the room "with a resume like that how can I say no" she said to Rosa and Carmine smiling " speaking of children " she said and looked outside for Edward with Caprice and saw him showing her the flowers and plants. Ruby looked back at Angus and smiled " I have never felt calmer in a single place but here, I am not worried about a thing" she said relaxed as she leaned on the door frame.

Hearing Abby's tummy rumble again she chuckled " so how was the meeting with you know who?" she asked, " it go as expected and has my mother gone completely off her rocker?" she turned to look at him " and you.." she walked over to him smiling " didn't tell me you fenced,,we'll have to have a match some time." she turned to Rosa and Carmine "so hs he said where we're eating yet ?" she asked " or is it authentic spaghetti in this beautuful home?" she hoped it was in the house as it was calming and perfectly designed for a family.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:02 am

"I'm glad you like it," Angus replied to her. "I did ask Abbey about having spaghetti here, and she thinks if we have it here, it won't be real spaghetti. She thinks it's only real Italian spaghetti if we go to a restaurant. Three year old logic, I guess, so I think we'll go to a local little trattoria that we've been going to for generations. they have fresh pasta all the time, and, yes, they welcome little people. It's family owned, and it is not at all unusual to see their own little ones there." Angus asked Rosa about the trattoria, and she and Carmine nodded that the restaurant was a good choice.

"I'll tell you about it later," Angus said to Ruby. "For now, though, I'll just say I held my ground with him, and I actually almost feel sorry for him--almost." At that a plate flew off the kitchen counter and shattered on the floor. "Look," Angus scowled, looking up, not sure where to look to talk to Reginald, "I know you don't like her. I get it. I don't either. Cool it, okay? Don't you have anything better to do than to follow me?" The moment he asked that, another plate flew from the kitchen counter and bashed him on the head, the plate breaking into pieces. "Ow, damnit," Angus cussed.

Rose shook her fist up towards the ceiling, shouting and cussing loudly in Italian. Edward came in with the baby and the girls.

"Stop it, Stinky!" Abbey yelled. "You bein' bad! Not your plates! You hurt Aggie, and I be mad. No talk to you no more never!" At that a vicious wind blew through the kitchen and burst open a set of french doors that went out to the patio.

"Show off," Edward scowled. He handed the baby to Rosa, and Rose was utterly delighted. She and Carmine began immediately fussing over her and making her smile and coo while Edward began picking glass out of Angus's hair.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:08 am

Ruby listened to Angus talk to Rosa about the trattoria, and Carmine she smiled and nodded at his short rendition of the meeting with Gelding. " of course, not the time nor the place" she said and gasped at the plate hitting the floor. she listened to him scold her father and gasped as another plate flew but this time hit him on the head. She would have scolded him herself if Abby hadn't done it for her and she felt the breeze fly past her. She paid it no mind and moved to help remove the bits of the broken plate from Angus's head " if that man wasn't already dead" she said shaking her head "he needs to move on" she said softly taking a somewhat large piece from Angus's hair. " you know that was a nice plate he broke."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:29 am

"We have a lot more where they came from," Edward laughed. "That was from a dinner service we have for some of the family reunions we host here. At last count, we had over three hundred place settings of that pattern down in the cellar."

"He's still irked with your mother," Angus told Ruby.

"He say you need to make her picture," Abbey told Angus.

"What?" Angus frowned.

"He want you to draw her. I hear him say you need to draw her and a corter," Abbey said. Angus was confused, not sure what she was saying at all.

"Did he, by chance, say Angus should draw and quarter her?" Edward laughed out loud.

"Yeah. Draw her and a corter," Abbey nodded. Edward laughed hysterically.

"So that's his two sickles in the matter. Draw and quarter her," Edward laughed.

"I think we should go eat first because if we don't, these girls are liable to do that to us," Angus laughed.

"Hold on. Almost done," Edward said, healing a couple of small glass cuts from the broken plate. "There. Well done, Ruby. I don't see any more. Do you? If not, I think we should go. It's a muggle restaurant but they are aware some of us aren't' muggles. We can apparate into the upstairs and simply walk downstairs. The restaurant is also a little inn, and they keep one room vacant so that 'our kind' can apparate in and out from that room without any trouble with muggles. Rather clever of them, I think."

Edward handed the baby to Ruby and took hold of Molly while Angus took Abbey. Edward did the apparating, sending them into a rather attractive inn room with a four poster bed with dark wood and red fabrics.

"They redecorated," Angus said.

"Well, they redid all the other rooms, so they could hardly leave this one out, could they?" Edward laughed. "Let's go see if they have a table for us. Ruby, you should try their pappardelle with vodka sauce. Its one of my absolute favorites." He led them downstairs to the restaurant, and the young woman that was running the front of house gave Edward a huge embrace and a kiss. She called to her husband in the back, and he came out and gave him a hug and welcomed him.

"This is my family," Edward introduced them. He looked at his family. "This is Luca and Elisa. This restaurant has belonged to Luca's family for over two hundred years. Elisa is his wife, and they have three children. 6, 4 and 1. They say they absolutely have a table for us, and we are all most welcome here. Elisa is going to take us to our table. This way."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 67 of 100 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 83 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top