A Birth day - Page 51
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 51 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 51 of 100 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 75 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 51 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:46 am

Ruby laughed at the image of an hairless rainbow colored Suzanne. " oho thats realy funny" she said trying to not laugh too ludh so not to wake Caprice. She smiled as she felt his kiss then chuckled at Davids responce. "oh, anything you want cooked for dinner?" she asked before he left. Jack nodded to Angus and chuckled at their banter.

"yeah, best keep those for Ruby and Caprice" he said chukaling. He turned to the back door and stepped out into the morning air " feels like something big is on its way" he said glancing at Angus. "I hope its nothing to do with Rubys mother." he said looking back over his shoulder at him.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5077

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:00 am

"Whatever you fix will be delicious, I'm sure," Angus told her. He had noticed the heaviness in the air too when he stepped outside with Jack. He glanced over at the main house and saw Robert standing outside, but clearly, Robert was casting some sort of major spell. "Suppose that's his doing?" he asked Jack. Robert finished his spell as Angus started across the yard towards the main house, and then Robert headed out to meet Angus and Jack halfway.

"More protection spells?" Angus asked.

"Yes," Robert said. "Intel from Paris came about five minutes ago. Informants there say Gelding's up to something because they've seen a lot of Gelding's men gathering at the Gelding estate. I think that means trouble. Brian, Kate and Marcus are up already, and I've sent word to Owen to not hesitate to evacuate there if Gelding tries to strike there. I've sent word to Michael, and he's on his way back to layer more protection spells here. I've also just sent word to Edward, and I'm sure he'll be helping to add more spells if need be. Hopefully, our men can keep the pack protected. I do not want Gelding thinking he can go after anyone here, including the pack. As long as they're here, we will protect them."

"Well, yes, but think about it. The last ones Gelding should think he has any chance against would be a whole werewolf pack. They are very capable of defending themselves against thugs like Gelding," Angus said. "I say it's in good hands and we should go get Fenrir."

"We'll have to apparate to the ministry atrium and then leave through the portal in the transportation department to the docks to get to the ship," Robert said.

"Wait. Why is that so much more complicated than it used to be?" Angus frowned.

"This minister believes it saves time and money to do it that way. He's a moron," Robert sighed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23547
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:06 am

Jack looked at Angus then to Robert nodding his head as he saw him casting protection spells. " yep that'll do it." he said and walked with Angus over to Robert and listened to him " Ruby told ya he was." he said and chuckled. he saw Jessie and moved to talk to him.

"if anything happens head to the barrer men and get them to boost the barrior" he said and saw the look on Jessie face " they'll be fine with David, you do what I asked "he told him Jessie nodded and headed out on his patrol around the grounds with Yu. Jack walked back to Angus and looked to Robert. " Jessie will help at the barrier should we need it, I know Ruby and Caprice will be good with David given his background." he said " she also has Edward and Simone too, so shall we start" he asked looking between the two men.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:23 am

Robert apparated them to the ministry atrium, and they walked to the transportation department. Robert saw the banners in the atrium of the minister, and he wasn't impressed by the image of himself that the minister had selected because it reminded him of a particular baboon he had once seen in the London zoo. Still, he said nothing, knowing that if he made a comment to that effect, it would certainly be taken wrongly by anyone who might overhear him saying such a thing to Angus and Jack.

When they got to the transportation department, though, he was greeted warmly and addressed as minister. He had learned not to take that seriously anymore since it appeared that once someone had been minister, people always tended to address them as minister. A very young lad was there, and Robert didn't think he looked much over 16, and he introduced himself as Waldo. He said he was there to take them to the docks.

"How old are you, Waldo?" Robert asked.

"Eighteen, Sir," Waldo answered.

"And you have your apparition certificate?" Robert asked.

"I do, Sir," Waldo replied, handing the certificate to Robert to see. Robert looked at it, and saw that the certificate had been granted thirty days ago. He handed the certificate back.

"I presume the dock is in the same place, then?" Robert asked.

"It...it is, Sir, why?"

"Then I know well where it is. You can stand down, Son, and tell anyone who asks that I turned down your very kind offer. I shall be navigating the portal myself today," Robert said.

"But...the minister said..."

"Tell him I thank him but I can do this for myself, Lad," Robert said, reaching out to grab hold of Angus's sleeve. Angus understood what Robert was doing. He was going to give this boy no time to escot them through the portal to the dock. Angus moved his arm towards Robert so he could grab it, and Angus reached out for Jack, knowing that as soon as Robert got hold of his sleeve, they would be porting to the docks.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:30 am

Jack felt the operation and soon arrived in the ministry he looked around and saw the banners around them, he said nothing but scoffed at the image that sat on them. It was now he saw a young boy walk over to them and listened to him talk to Robert. He frowned at the boy mention his age and show Robert his apparition certificate this made Jack become irked even more irked. "he's a kid" he said softly to Angus as he saw Robert take Angus's sleeve. He took Angus's readying himself for a second apparition to the docks.

Ruby finished her food and moved to sit down on the couch with Caprice enjoying her time with her making her laugh and giggle as she held her. "so what's your plan for today David?" she asked picng up Caprice and holding her as she walked to the kitchen to look at what she could make for dinner.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:52 am

Robert apparated them to the dock located in Edinburgh, and he gestured to an aging but serviceable old trawler yacht. It was one that the ministry had acquired some years ago, but Robert had had reserviced in his time as minister. It was one of four that the ministry owned. Robert had seen the crew on deck readying the ship.

"That's our ride there," Robert said. "At least they had the sense to assign us to a ship that I know is seaworthy." He walked down the dock to the gangway, and shouted up tot the captain. "Permission to come aboard, Captain?" The captain, an aging old seadog looked up at Robert.

"Well, if that ain't a sight for sore eyes," the captain smiled broadly. "Come aboard then, Minister, you and your party!"

"Come let me introduce you," Robert told Angus and Jack, as he boarded the ship. Angus followed Robert, and the captain met them on deck. Robert and the captain embraced warmly, and Robert introduced them. "Nels, this is Jack Black Heart and Angus Donohue. They work for me. Angus, Jack, this is Nelson Cutter, probably the finest captain the ministry has."

"Welcome aboard, Gentlemen," Cutter said. "You'll find some bottled water and sodas down in the salon below, and snacks and fruit in the cabinets. No coffee, I'm afraid, since the seas are choppy today, but you're welcome to make yourself at home."

"Thank you, Captain," Angus said, shaking hands with them. "Looks like you have a small crew."

"We do indeed, I'm down my first mate. I have two hands, but they're naught in a storm, so I'll be on the bridge this trip."

"If I can help, just let me know," Angus said. "I have my master's certificate, if you need a hand."

"If it gets rough, I'll gladly accept a hand," he told Angus.

"Let's go below so he can cast off," Robert said to Jack and Angus.

David refilled his coffee and saw Michael and Kate adding layers of protection spells.

"I'm with you, wherever you'll be, but you might want to make sure your diaper bag is restocked. They're up early adding layers of protection spells. I don't know if they're expecting trouble or just being cautious, but we might want to make sure that if we need to buggar out of here that you're well stocked."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:01 am

Jack followed Robert and Angus and stood watching as they walked to a ship. he heard Robert and chuckled but then looking up saw a man looking down at them who introduced himself as the captain. Jack nodded to the man and stepped aboard the ship staying close to Robert. He looked around the room they stood in and heard Robert " agreed, not sure about you but I don't think I have my sea legs and we've not left the harbour yet" he said wobbling slightly at the roll of the ship as they headed down.

Ruby looked at David and then out side at where Kate and Michael were adding to the barrier. " good thought" she said and moved to pack the diperbag with two changes of clothes several dipers and baby powder ready to make bottles. " you think there might be trouble?" she asked then stopped her self " forget I asked knowing my mother there is always trouble." she said with a deep sigh. " I supose if she comes here it means she's leaving Angus alone." It was now Caprice started to fuss alittle and Ruby rocked her gently to try and calm her.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:11 am

"And, yes, I did bring seasick remedy," Robert laughed as they went below. Angus opened a window slightly.

"Fresh air will help reduce that," Angus said. "That, and keeping your eyes on the horizon if it starts to set in."

"I don't think I've ever really had an issue with that," Robert said.

"I did once, when I was a boy, but not since," Angus said. "Still, I do feel for anyone who does struggle with that. Evan struggles with it about half the time, and there seems to be no rhyme or reason for it. That's why he never completed all of his sailing certificates. He's done enough to captain the majority of our ships, but not all of them."

"Let me know if you want a bit of seasick potion to keep you from having an issue if you need it, Jack," Robert said.

"I wouldn't read into it much," David told Ruby. "I think, if Robert had thought there was going to be a problem, he would not have gone, much less taking Angus and Jack along. I've heard from Marcus that Angus and Jack are decent fighters and handy to have in a problem. So I doubt Robert would have left, leaving us down three if he thought trouble was coming. Hopefully, Kate and Michael are good at protection spells enough to deter your mother or Gelding. I just think it never hurts to be prepared."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:19 am

Jack moved on wobbly legs to the window and took a deep breath in " never been sick on a ship just lose balance" he said " but Im playing safe." he said and looked out the window at the horizon in front of him." hearing Robert say he'd brought the seasickness remady he breathed out in relife at Angus saying he had had an issusince he was a boy " hats good to know." he said smiling.

Ruby looked to David and nodded " for armed is forwarned, right" she said placing the bag by the door. " there ready incase, and yes they are, I've seen Angus and Marcus fight and they are formidable..Jacks not bad but tends to use his wear side more in a fight." she said with a smile on her face thinking of Angus. Caprice settled in her sling and Ruby was glad when she slipped into a peacful sleep. " okay while she's sleeping I can get on making dinner ready for when they get back." she said taking out a sheet pan rady to add potatoes, carrots, rosmary and tyme with a little olive oil.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:38 pm

The little ship set sail, and Angus and Robert found seats in the salon. The bridge was up a level from where they were seated, but Angus could still keep an eye on the sea and the weather from where he was seated. He well knew that the North Sea had some of the most dangerous sailing conditions in the world, and, although he had not made practice to sail it regularly, he had made the crossing a few times.

He knew it took a steady hand and a calm captain to make those crossings work. It had been while he had been doing his training and earning his captain's rank that he had learned how important it was to stay calm and steady. Panicking in a sea storm never helped anybody, and that same calm demeanor had certainly helped him as an auror and a fighter. In his own way, he was glad that Ruby and Caprice were not with him today because this was no place for babies and women who had issues with anxiety. Angus was betting that the water were going to be choppy and, possibly, a bit rough. The mere fact that the captain had made no coffee and had all the refreshments stored in the galley cabinets told Angus much about what the captain knew about the weather that faced them. Studying the view out the window, he saw a couple of unsecured lines. They weren't mission critical, but he didn't like that they were left lying loose. In a storm, they could easily entangle a crew member and put them in danger.

"I'll be right back," Angus said to them, and he left them in the salon. He went up to the bridge. "Captain, permission to secure the lines?" Captain Cutter glanced back and saw Angus there.

"If 'ya see any unsecured, feel free to go get 'em, Laddie," he told Angus. "Just watch your footin'. The deck can be mighty slippery when it's wet."

"Aye, Captain," Angus replied. He went up on deck, and it took him several minutes to wrestle the unsecured lines back under his control and to get them tied down where they belonged, but he managed it. He looked at the rest of the rigging, and it looked fine to him. He could understand how these two lines had not been secured. They were tricky to get a hold of and to secure in the first place, much less in any sort of rough sailing conditions, but that was even more reason Angus wanted them secured. He went back to the bridge. "All lines are secure, Captain," Angus reported.

"Aye, Lad, well done. thank you. You're a handy fella to have around. Me boys are good help but they're not my first mate, you understand," he said. "He'd have had their guts for garters for leaving those undone."

"It's my pleasure, Captain," Angus said. "I don't get to sail much these days."

"Oh? And why would that be?"

"I've got a new family to take care of, and, of course, when one works for Robert, not all the adventures are at sea," Angus said. The captain laughed.

"Well, I know about his adventures," the captain laughed. "Was a part of a few of those back when James and Sirius were part of his team. That's been a few years back though. You've made a wise choice, though, having a family. If a man makes the sea her mistress, he doesn't have much for human company. He'd better be able to be happy being alone because he's going to get a lot of it. A young fella like yourself, you should enjoy your life while you can. You have any children yet?"

"I do," he replied. "three. Its complicated. I have two adopted teen boys who are just finishing their last year at Hogwarts, and my girlfriend and I have a newborn daughter."

"Well, you leaped into that with both feet, didn't you?" Cutter laughed.

"Certainly did," Angus laughed, noticing some dark clouds ahead.

"Good for you," Cutter said.

"Looks like rain ahead," Angus said.

"I'll be tryin' to skirt around that," Cutter said. "It'll add about fifteen minutes to our time, but it will be smoother sailing."

"I'm sure my friends will appreciate that," Angus said. "I'll leave you to your work." He went back down to the salon to Robert and Jack. "The captain is going around some rain clouds to try to avoid a bit of rough weather. I think that's wise. He estimates it will add maybe just fifteen minutes or so to our time. Hopefully, Fenrir will understand the slight delay. I don't picture him as the type to be very patient at being held in a place like that. Robert, what exactly do you plan to do with that pack?"

"Well, I think the pressure will ease off surely by the time school lets out for the summer," Robert said. "So, depending on what Fenrir wants to do, we can keep them with us til then, and by then, I think they can safely disappear back into the forest, or, I have an alternative. I have had several long conversations with the minister and I have been able to show him that Fenrir's pack does no harm, and that James is a much higher risk than Fenrir is. It benefits the ministry to let Fenrir's pack run free because Fenrir is the only thing that James truly fears. So, the minister will let Fenrir perhaps run loose over the highlands til school lets out, or they can remain 'hidden.' I have not told him where the pack is hidden, and its none of his business. The problem with the highlands is that they'd be limited primarily to cows and deer up there, but they would be safer from now til summer if they wanted to be free of us. However, he might well want to choose that because while they're with us, we keep them fed for our own safety, and he might not want their hunting skills to fall idle very long. We'll have to wait and see."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 51 of 100 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 75 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top