LONDON CALLING - Page 46
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 46 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 46 of 100 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 73 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 46 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Robert Lupin Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:23 am

"Angus has suggested I give Ruby another chance, but if I am to do that, she really, really does need to learn not to be so damned impulsive. She's gonna get people killed if she can't stop herself. She's been impulsive since day one. And, remember she had ministry training and weeks of training in Paris. If we didn't have this little pregnancy issue, I'd send her for the 30 day bootcamp in Colorado, but I really don't want to do that under the circumstances," Robert told Jack. "We do have that simulation course over at the farm. We haven't used it in a couple years, and it's enchanted to be sealed off so that we don't have people tinkering with it. Do you think its worth a try to see if you and Jessie can do some simulation training with her. After all, Jessie was trained as a military man, so he does know something about not reacting impulsively. Marcus could help, I'm sure, and we could get her learning how to play chess and backgammon and poker so she learns about strategy and about learning to be a bit more methodical. Rowan might also be a good match for her in that regard.

"What I'm suggesting is that we have different people working with her on different aspects of it so that she learns that if she wants to do this, she really does need to learn how to be part of a team. What do you think?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:30 am

Jack looked at Angus then to Robert as he spoke and explained what he'd like to happen with Ruby. Jack thought for a moment then looked at Angus  "you think she will accept the trainning?" he asked him " becuse if she does its hard, harder than she had in Paris" he spoke honestly to him.

"if she's willing then I am, but she has to want to do it , and yes Jessie has trained in the army but also hes learned from Jeffery as well, and I think hes done realy well intergrating back into the family." he sat back on the chair and nodded " I'll talk to Jessie as for marcus hes perfect to help her , hes imparchal and will not treat her with kid gloves." he knew it was just what she needed. " she did do well in her exstencive training but Owens did mention she was impulsive , so yeah Im up for it." he then looked to Angus " sorry if she bitches at you some days, your a braver man than I." he said in simpathy for him but also in jest as well.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:40 am

"Well, putting up with me in this stupid chair hasn't been easy for her either," Angus said. "We'll make it work."

"I suppose I could ask Jeffrey to come and spend some time with her, but if I remember right, Sarah's due with her baby just about any time now, if she hasn't had it already," Robert said. "If Jeffrey could come, though, we could house him and Sarah in one of the cabins, and he could work with her on the emotional part--if he's able to come. I suppose she could go there for maybe a week or two if he could do some intensive work with her, but yes. Whatever we do, she would have to want it."

Robert got up and went out to the kitchen.

"Ruby, come with me for just one moment, please?" he asked.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:47 am

Ruby paused in making her burritos as she heard Robert call her. Placing down the tray she looked at Kate and then walked over to him her hands playing with the bottom of her apron as her nerves got the better of her. " um..you called " she said softly as she followed him into his office where she saw Jack and Angus already there. She couldn't tell what they were thinking by their faces and she knew that was what Angus's hand meant by a poker face. She stayed quiet feeling inside she wanted to run out the door but she chose to stay put and hear him out she was not giving in to her flyaway emotions..not this time.

Jessie walked in and watched " I guess he's talking to her about her outburst?" he said softly as he picked up a chocolate scone. " nice," he said as he ate.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:47 pm

"I have no idea," Kate replied to Jessie. "Perhaps." She picked up her mug to put more tea in it and turned towards the teapot and saw Michael coming slowly into the kitchen, supported by Daphne. She was dressed in jeans, with a charcoal colored v neck, long sleeved tee, topped with a reddish orange midi length duster sweater. Her long dark hair was brushed back and secured into a ponytail. She looked fresh and crisp. Michael, on the other hand, looked rough, still ashen colored and still bandaged heavily, and definitely hurting. She'd helped him wash and shave and dress, and he'd picked old soft jeans, an old soft denim shirt and soft gray cardigan. Kate was glad he had lived to tell the tale of his ordeal but she thought he truly did look like he'd gone a few rounds with the devil himself.

"Michael, what on earth are you doing up?" Kate frowned. "Did Robert or Nigel tell you that you could be up?" She put her mug down and went over to brace him up on the other side.

"Tell me there's coffee," Michael said, not answering her question.

"Certainly. Come sit down before you fall down," she told him. "Good morning, Daphne, dear. Did you get any sleep at all?"

"A little," she smiled. "God, I could like it here. There wasn't a sound outside but some nightbirds and crickets once the riff raff left. So much quieter than Paris. Michael said he thought I'd like it, and he was right. Waking up to a quiet country morning--it's heavenly."

"Coffee for you too, Daphne?" Kate asked. "We usually have a regular roast brewing and always a pot of French roast. My daughter doesn't really drink much other coffee except French roast."

"Really? She sounds like I would love her, then," Daphne laughed.

"Make it two, Kate?" Michael asked.

"Coming right up," Kate said. She poured two French roasts and put mugs down in front of Michael and Daphne.

"These mugs! I'm in love with them," Daphne said, looking at the bright pottery mug.

"Kate's pottery," Michael said.

"I love them. Could I buy a pair from you, Kate?" Daphne asked.

"I'll just give you a pair," Kate smiled.

"Ruby," Robert said, "so you know, I am not really wanting to revisit last night, but, if I did not already know how much you are really capable of, I would not have been so angry. Ignorance would have been something I could have excused, but you really do know better. You are far from stupid, and you've had entirely too much training and you've been on too many missions with us. I really do believe this goes back to your impulsiveness and your need to be in control, and both of those things were completely inadvisable at that particular moment. Clearly, you realize that this morning, which is good, but I need you to be able make those decisions sooner, to take direction and set your emotion aside, especially in a crisis. If I didn't think you had potential as a fighter, I wouldn't have offered you any training when you first came here, but, we have got to get you past this.

"Last night," he continued, "your mother wasn't the least bit interested in what you thought or felt either one, and your words were never going to get anyone to quit and go home. The reason why you have a commander in any battle is so that you can trust him to guide you so you don't misstep. I am absolutely willing to provide you with more training, but if I do that, if I put you with people to help you polish your skills, you really are going to have to work at it and then apply it. There are a lot of fighters here with a lot of different skills that you could learn a lot from--pretty much anybody that's a first stringer. They each got there because they earned it, and they're all willing to help you, if you want it. I'm also willing to see if Jeffrey is interested in coming for his visit here a bit earlier to help you get to the bottom of whatever anxiety or anger or insecurity that you're struggling with. I found a letter from back in July when Jeffrey wrote to me. Sarah is due in mid November, so I would think they could make a visit earlier. Or, if you want to put off your training a little to go spend maybe month or so with Jeffrey in Switzerland, that's an option too. You don't have to see Jeffrey at all, but the offer is there if you want it. It's always open for any staff member that might want to go."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:09 pm

Rowan saw his dad walk down and moved to help him as well as Kate after he was sat down he moved to get some food for him " here , for both of you" he said smiling at Daphne as he handed them both plates of breakfast food. " it's good to see you up, how you feeling?" he asked as Kte went to get the coffee.

Ruby looked at Robert then at Angus but seeing little on his face she looked back at Robert and clasped her hands in front of her "Its funny , you sent my brother there, now you might be sending me, I guess the only two who arn't messed up are my younger brothers and they were with my messed up perents the longest." she said softly with a sigh. " can I think about it or do you need an awnser right now?" she asked looking down at her clasped hands and not at Angus as she felt her heart was braking as he'd not said anything to comfort her. After amoment she shook her head. " I'll train with whom every you put me with and do as you ask, if you want me to go then I'll go. " she said softly
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:35 pm

"Better than last night--I think," Michael replied.

"Thank you," Daphne said to Rowan.

"He clearly doesn't have permission from either Robert or Nigel to be up," Kate said to Rowan. "I doubt Robert says much, but Nigel might."

"Well, Nigel can just..." Michael began.

"I can just what?" Nigel asked, coming into the kitchen.

"I'm not going to lie in bed all day if that's what you're thinking," Michael said.

"I wasn't thinking anything but finding the nearest cup of coffee," Nigel said. "I'd like to keep coherent thought off my schedule until I've at least had a few sips of fuel." Kate poured Nigel a mug of coffee, and Nigel sniffed it before he took a sip.

"God, that smells like heaven. Thank you," he told Kate, sitting down.

Angus saw all sorts of hurt on her face, and he wasn't sure exactly why. He had talked to Robert and gotten him to give her another chance and instead of being happy, she was hurt. She was acting as if someone was deliberately hurting her feelings and picking on her, but she had made some serious errors last night. She might have lost her job entirely, but Angus had gotten Robert to back down from that. And somehow, evidently it wasn't what she wanted. If that was the case, Angus wished she had said something last night if that wasn't what she had wanted.

To him, it looked like she had heard what she wanted to hear. She had totally ignored much of the good things that were said and she sounded like she was feeling sorry for herself. She wasn't hearing that the offer to talk with Jeffrey was always open for any person here that wanted to go. Robert wasn't telling her she needed to go at all. He was merely telling her that it was a benefit that every employee had. She had blown off the fact that Robert encouraged her to continue training and offered her additional opportunities for training. When she had said she would just step back and be a mother, she had made it sound, to Angus, like she saw it as a sentence, a punishment for perhaps not being good enough. Now, she didn't seem like she wanted her job either. Angus was confused and trying not to be frustrated with her.

"I'll give you a day or so," Robert said to Ruby quietly, and he abruptly got up and left the room.

"Thanks, Jack," Angus said quietly. "We'll get back to you. Could you give us a moment, please?" He waited until Jack left, closing the door, and then Angus looked at her. "I don't know why you're taking this as bad news. I really, really don't get it. I'm not trying to be insensitive, but you really do have to help me understand."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:47 pm

Rowan chuckled and nodded to Micahel " know that feeling" he said and smirked as Nigel spoke as he continued to eat his food quietly.

Ruby nodded to Robert and heard Angus talk to Jack before he spoke to her. She looked up at him " understand what, that I fucked up ..again by telling my incompetent good for nothing mother what I felt inside, after she just abandoned me at Hogwarts, never letting me be who I was, then when she did come back for me it was to arrange that filthy marriage that I ran from" She paused and took a deep breath in composing her self " I know and am thankful Roberts given me this chance..more than one chance if I'm truthful, but ever since I found out I'm carrying our child all I think about is not letting my mother treat him or her like they did me and it just gets me so mad, especially when they come after the boys, our boys" she told him as she looked down at her fingers. " I'm never going to be the perfect wife, I like being outside, I like being in the garden, I love being with and around you, if I can't get this under control what mother would I be, just look at my mother." she looked up at him " I guess I'm scared..scared of losing you to my stupidity."
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:10 pm

"The problem wasn't that you vented at your mom, Ruby," Angus said, frustrated. "Nobody has ever had an issue with the fact that you might want to do that, but, damnit, Ruby, you didn't have a right to tell her at that moment. Your timing put lives at risk--specifically, yours, our child's, our son's, Michael's, Nigel's, Kate's, Abbey's, and mine. Not to mention all the lives that were engaged in active fighting outside--people that were risking their lives for all of us that were inside.

"Look, your parents were foul, nasty people. I get it. I completely get it. I've gone toe to toe with your dad and your mom to try to protect you and Jessie and the boys and from them. Why the hell are you worried for even a fraction of a second about how she will treat our child? She's never going to get a chance. If--and it's a mammoth if--if she ever sees the child, she isn't going to get a chance to take care of it, not ever. What the hell is that even going through your head for? Do you think that as long as I have breath, your mother would ever get her hands on our child? What sort of a father do you think I'm gonna be? God!" He shook his head, trying not to feel like she'd slammed him.

"I don't know who the hell expects you to be perfect but I don't think I ever said you needed to be anything but you. I don't understand what being outside and in the garden has to do with anything. Have I ever talked about leaving? You're not making any sense at all. For some reason this morning, the more I try to understand you, the more you talk in circles. I'm trying to get what you're saying but your thoughts aren't connecting. I thought we were talking about your job. And then we're talking about your mother treating our child like she treated you? What have I done to let you down to make you stew about keeping the boys safe? Jesus, Ruby, that's been my sole focus lately and apparently you're still worried about it. And I don't get at all what being perfect and out in the garden has to do with anything." He stopped, realizing his frustration was slipping out, and he hadn't intended to do that.

"Look. Take a breath. Get yourself together and try again," he told her.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:26 pm

Ruby listened to him and nodded taking a deep breath in she let it out slowly and focused her mind " your right, you've done nothing but fight for us, the boys and myself, and I love you with all my heart for that" she said "but it's just when my anger takes over its like something else does too and all rationality goes out the window." she looked at him "I'm going to take Roberts suggestion of training with the others, gods do I need it I know that now, and..no more outbursts as inappropriate times, I promise." she looked at Angus again and let out some breath as she spoke again " and I won't hold anything back" meaning she wuld come to him if he had a problem and talk to him about it knowing communication was key, now more than ever.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 46 of 100 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 73 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top