LONDON CALLING - Page 95
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 95 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 95 of 100 Previous  1 ... 49 ... 94, 95, 96 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 95 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:20 pm

Ruby listened to Edward and nodded " agreed it does sound off, I'll go with your advice and talk to Robert in the morning." she said and moved inside "good night Edward" she said and headed up the stairs to their room. " Hi" she said walking across to sit gently on the bed " those weding cake ideas for Edward and simone?" she asked " there realy good" she complimented him on his drawings.

Standing back up she took off her dress and hung it back in her closet " Im going to speak to Robert tomorow, becuse I think your right, both of you, its funny that St Mungos would book me something like that so soon" she said walking out in a simple night dress with spagettie straps. walking over she sat back down on the bed.

Pulling back the covers she slid in next to him then lay down looking up threw the sky light at the stars above them. " kate realy did do a wonderful job on that sky light" she said softly turning her head to look at him.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5351

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:34 pm

"Yeah, just some rough sketches. Thanks, but I haven't come up with anything I really like yet," he told her. "I should make a batch of the espresso cake and the olive oil cake and have them test them to be sure its what they want. The last thing I want is for them to get to their wedding reception and decide the cake is nasty tasting."

"I think its strange that, not only did they book you for it so soon, but why are they using muggle means at all? I don't understand any of it. There isn't anything that those machines can tell you that Robert can't tell you, and more. And sooner. And with a lot less invasiveness. One thing I know Khaat never had to do was to drink 47 glasses of water right before an appointment and then hope she didn't pee herself. There wasn't one ounce of that sort of distress for her or for Abbey. Khaat's delivery was rough because her first husband was a first rate asshole. Hopefully, you and I won't have that issue." He cast her an amused smile.

He watched her get into bed, and he heard Andrew come upstairs and go into his room and shut the door.

"I love the skylight," he said. "It might be just about my favorite thing in the whole house. As much as I love that new nightgown of yours, though, I wish you'd turn out the light, and leave that nightgown on the floor."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:48 pm

Ruby nodded as he spoke of the sketches " yeah like samples so they can choose, sounds delishious and wonderful" she said with a chuckle but ehn heard him tlk of the appointment " After Edward spoke to me Im thinking the same, Im just glad we're on the same page, and no I don't think we will, your not an asshole as you've told me several times he was." she said chukaling then she heard him talk of the night dress turning to face him she smiled " I love you and our baby, never forget that and realy Mr Donohue?" she said sliding her hands up his chest as she used the sheet to cover her self to sip off the night dress. " but now your over dressed." she teased him chukaling as she ran her hand slowly and teasingly up his leg as she let the sheet fall from her.

**fade to black** 

Ruby woke early and smiled at Angus " Love, I have to find and talk to Robert before I leave for work" she said softly into his ear as she hoped he was sleeping. Leaning down she kissed him gently " I'll send word once we know for sure whats going on." Dressing in jeans and a tee with a pair of flat shoes she headed down to the living room her hair up in a pony tail. She walked with a spring in her step over to the main house where she started to make breakfast for every one scrambled eggs , bacon with toast , beans, sasages and tomatoes if they wanted it  along with Pancakes for Abby and fresh juice.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:06 am

"Okay," he said, half asleep. He heard her, and he tried to make a mental note to remember what she'd said when he woke up. "Ask Andrew to send up coffee, please? I gotta bake cakes. And, Ru, whoever is doing the supply list, I need 3 20 pound buckets of fondant--white, ivory, and chocolate. 5 pound buckets of each of the colored fondants they have too. Could be up to 15 different colors in stock. Bag of cake flour--it'll come in a 50 lb. bag, orange flower water, elderflower water. It'll all be expensive. Put that on my personal account, but I need it here today. Tomorrow at the latest. Got all that?" He slipped back somewhat into sleep, being now only about a 1/4 awake and 3/4 asleep. The smell of fresh coffee wafted up the stairs and caught what little of him was still alert. "I smell coffee," he mumbled, dozing off again.

Andrew had indeed turned on the coffee and the tea. He poured himself a cup of coffee, and he sat down to slip on a pair of canvas deck shoes, deciding to go out and water the garden before Angus woke.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:16 am

Ruby chuckled " okay Three 20 pound buckets of fondant--white, ivory, and chocolate. 5 pound buckets of each of the colored fondants they have too. 15 different colors in stock,a bag of cake flour, 50 lb. bag, orange flower water, elderflower water. and you need it here today. Tomorrow at the latest." she said as she heard hum mumble about coffee fall back to sleep.

Heading down she smiled at Andrew who she could see out in the garden, movng to the kitchen to make a cup of coffee. Once done she sent it up to Angus and then made two more one fore her and the other for Andrew. She moved out onto the deck to watch as Andrew watered the garden. " Morning" she said " I sent up some coffee for Angus, um..sorry if we disturbed you last night." she said
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:32 am

"Good girl," he said, nodding off entirely.

"You didn't disturb me," Andrew smiled. "I think I fell asleep before my head hit the pillow. Even if I had heard you, you two certainly couldn't be as loud as the next door neighbors I had when I rented my very first apartment in New York. They were both screamers. God. Nice people during the day, but I ended up having to move because I became seriously sleep deprived. I was doing some agent training at the time, and we had to learn not only how to drive a muggle car but how to be skilled enough at it to be able to do high speed defensive driving. One day at the track, I was so sleep deprived I fell asleep at high speed and rolled the car I was in. That ended up being my first meeting with Nigel as he was putting me back together. And it was what ultimately changed me from being an active agent, like Marcus, or a rehab man like I'm doing now. So I suppose, in a strange way, I owe those old noisy neighbors some thanks.

"Angus is awake? I didn't think he would be awake quite yet, so thanks for sending up his coffee to him. I'll go check in with him as soon as I'm done here. The strawberries and raspberries are overloaded. I might have to see if Angus knows how to to make some preserves. It would be a shame to let them go bad. Need any berries for breakfast?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:39 am

Ruby laughed at his tale of the noisy nabours and how eventualy he met Nigel" oh we're not that bad and I think Angus may have put a sound proffing spell on the room." she said then nodded " always my plesure and those strawberrys look wonderful" she said " if he dosn't send some over, I'll make a fruit tart for desert tonight." she said smiling.

"she heard him mention about going up to Angus " all right, but give him a bit of time I think he was still out of it little, he did give me a lit to order." she smiled and looked over at the pond area " its going to be beautiful for Simone and Edwards wedding" she saw some dragon flies skit over the water.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:02 am

"I'm glad he's gone back to sleep for a bit. He's really doing exceptionally well with his recovery. Nigel says he's months ahead of schedule. Maybe the extra sleep and the high nutrition diet is helping. I know a man who had a similar injury and he's been at his recovery now for almost 18 months. And that guy is just now starting to get his magic back at all. I can't honestly say I understand why Angus's abilities are coming back this quick. Angus's injuries are every bit as extensive as this other fellow's but he's snapping back amazingly fast. Maybe its Nigel and Robert working together. I don't know, but, if the two cases are to be compared, Angus is lightyears ahead of this other guy.

"Angus mentioned to me wanting to apparate over to Robert's. He said something about a special spot on Robert's farm that was Robert's brother's favorite spot. I didn't know Robert had a farm of his own. I guess I thought he just always lived here with Brian and Khaat. Angus said this particular spot is one of the prettiest spots he knows, and he says Edward is thinking of that spot over at Robert's as the place for the wedding. I hope Angus knows how to get there because I haven't a clue. Angus said he was hoping to get a little inspiration from that spot. We could be in trouble if he leaves me to navigate to someplace I've never been." He laughed.

"I'll pick some strawberries for you. I think I could get a couple of pints without any problem at all. Do you want me to send them over for breakfast?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:08 am

Ruby smiled and glanced back up at the bed room a she listened to Andrew talk about Angus's healing " yeah could be their both realy good at what they do, Im just happy hes getting better" she said then listened to him talk about where Simone and Edward were going to get married.

"Oh, I must have got the palce mixed up, but I can take you, he has his own palce but with everything thats happened he prefers here for the moment." she said then smiled as he said he could pick her some and she nodded " that would be wonderful thank you, it would go well with some granola or yogert.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:31 am

"Okay. Will do. You'll have them in no time," he smiled.

Angus slept another twenty minutes and woke up and got his coffee before it got entirely cold. In that span of time, Andrew had picked three pints of fresh strawberries for Ruby and had sent them over to the kitchen. Then he had gone in, washed his hands, fed Pip, and caught three crickets Pip had set loose in the house.

Andrew helped Angus refresh and shave and dress and he brought him downstairs and gave him fresh coffee. Angus was just about to read the morning copy of the Daily Prophet when an owl brought a letter. Andrew gave it to Angus. It was a pink envelope that looked like a pink brocade print. It smelled of perfume, and it was addressed to Angus in a neat script. Angus believed it looked like it had been penned with a quill or a fountain pen, not a muggle ballpoint pen. He didn't know anyone that would go to all this trouble for a letter. He opened the letter and was surprised to see it was from Suzanne.

"Dear Mr. Donohue," it read, "I have considered your words tonight. You were quite eloquent. I must admit, I have never met anyone like you. I thought men of your character were for outdated romance novels. And, so, after much thought, I have written to appeal to you.

"My youngest sons, Sam and Victor are all I have left. I must admit that Ruby and Jessie are lost to me. I would like to establish some sort of visitation with my sons, and I am hoping you and I could make some sort of amicable compromise to accomplish such a thing.

"Life has not been kind to our family, thanks to Reginald. I don't expect you to understand my position, so I won't explain it. Sometimes, though, one's options are few and far between.

"If you are the man I think you are, I expect you and Ruby to bear me grandchildren, and I want to know them. I know there is no grandmother for them in the Donohue family. They have the right to get to know me, and I, them.

"I think we should talk soon--without Tom. I expect to hear from you soon.

"Suzanne"

Angus sat for a moment, not sure what to think. It sounded like she was offering an olive branch, and he didn't get the feeling that Suzanne had done that very often in her life. Nor was he sure what Ruby was going to think. He put the letter in his pocket.

"Andrew," Angus called. "Let's go to Robert's farm."

"How do we get there?"

"I have a portkey. I don't use it much now because I know the way, but we can use it today. Let's go so we can get back. I wont be more than just maybe 30 minutes or so."

"Well, okay. If you say so," Andrew shrugged.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 95 of 100 Previous  1 ... 49 ... 94, 95, 96 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top