LONDON CALLING - Page 83
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 83 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 83 of 100 Previous  1 ... 43 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 91 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 83 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:29 am

"Thank you," he said, feeling relief, kissing her. "I'll talk to Robert, but I think we should wait til I get back. It's only a few days, and till make coming home all that much sweeter." He kissed her slowly. "If we're going to start having babies, we need to staring thinking of a nursery. Brian has a log cabin and southwestern decorating book, and I know there are some log cabin nurseries in there. And I know Brian has seen more than I have. He might have some ideas. That would be for the nursery in the duplex."

"Khaat is going to move Abbey out of the nursery to a new room so the nursery can remain intact because they want more kids. And, they would want us to let our baby sleep in the nursery in the main house when we do sleep at the main house since it's all set up for it. You do know any and all babies in this family immediately become community babies. Everybody claims them and everybody runs after them. You've got that, right? Because once its born, we may never get to hold them again," he teased.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:38 am

Ruby felt lighter in her self as he spoke and nodded " yeah I know, we already have built in baby sitters and a tone of aunts and uncles." she said then he spoke about nursary ideas " Khaat and I can talk about that while your away and come up with some sugestions then when you get back you an look them over, and yes I know our child will be coddled rotten, but its all with love and I can't wait to see you wearing a sling in the kitchen with our child in it."

It was now she had a thought, " um who do we make god mother and father?" she asked " Im thinking Khaat and Brain?" she wondered if he might have any othr ideas. " but were a long way from that yet." she said " we need to practice" she said and chuckled " when you get back and oh don't pick up any strange egg shaped rocks, we don't need romanian longhorn dragons here too." she knew Kate would like one but would not be good for the other animals.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:52 am

"Obviously, Edward and Simone will be grandparents. I don't know what to expect from your folks--Grandpigs, perhaps? Seriously, I don't know if I want them around any child of ours. I'd have to do some thinking about it. I want Kate and Robert to be grandparents. Godparents--Yes, Khaat and Brian--that makes sense."

He listened to her talking about dragon eggs.

"If I run across any dragon eggs, I'll take them straight over to Charlie Weasley. He can have them,' Angus laughed and then stifled a yawn. "Come on, Ru. I'm tired. My pillow is calling my name. I can hear it from here. It's saying, 'Angus...Angus, where are you?..." He laughed.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:58 am

Ruby listened to him talk and nodded at his choice then he spoke of her perents "nope, their not getting close to our kids as far as they will know Edward, Kate and Robert will be the only grand perents." she smiled as he agreed with her regarding the god perents then laughed as he said any eggs he came across he'd give to Charlie Wheasley.

"good, don't need roasted hypogriff or pymy puffs." she joked with him then she smiled hearing hi imatate as if his pillow was calling " I agree, if we stay here any longer it might come and find us " she chuckled taking his hand as they walked abck to the house.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:09 am

He got up and made his way downstairs to fix breakfast. He had been awake more than he'd slept. By the time he'd realized it was because he had forgotten the sleeping potion, he knew if he took it, he would sleep past breakfast. He made the coffee and the tea, and then brewed himself a pot of espresso and poured it all into one of Kate's mugs, needing whatever caffeine boost he could get.

He made eggs benedict for breakfast for everyone, a citrus fruit salad, a huge skillet of fried potatoes, some grilled tomatoes, and he grilled some portabello mushrooms and filled them with a deviled crab stuffing and made a creamy sauce with just a little bit of spice to give just the very slightest kick of heat. He made four different flavors of mini muffins and put some large trays of them out on the sideboard. He served pitchers of coffee, tea, and juice. He was just setting out the pitcher of juice, with everything else already sitting on the sideboard and ready to be eaten.

He sat down on the stool at the kitchen worktable, taking a moment to sip his espresso, yawning, wondering if he could hurry through his chores and sneak a couple more hours of sleep while Ruby was at training this morning.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:27 am

Jack walked down and smelt the coffe. quickly he moved to the coffee pot and pored a cup " god this is super good" he groaned as if it was the best thing he'd had in his life. " your up early?" he said as Jessie walked in from the grounds.

" Morning Angus, oh sweet caffine" he said and took a cup and sat down with Jack. It was now Jess came from the lab two jars in hand one seeming to have black smoke the other slugs, plain simple garden slugs.

"morning Angus , breakfast looks good, Jack can you let these go on the west side of the grounds please, theres plenty of folage for them to eat over there. " Jack nodded and held up his cup " okay after you finish." he gave a thumbs up to her and she chuckled placing it on his lap. Jessie raised an eye brow at the jar before ooking at Jess.

"there just normal slugs, the others are in the jar in the lab, for Robert." she said tasting the breakfast and smiled " wow best yet Angus." she said taking a plate and sitting down at the table.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:39 am

"Yeah, forgot my stupid sleeping potion last night," Angus sighed. "And by the time I figured out why I couldn't sleep, it was way too late to take it. Sometimes it sucks to be stupid." He laughed. "I might see if I can sneak in a couple more hours of sleep while Ruby's at training this morning. If I can hustle through some of my morning chores, that is."

"I can cover you in the barn this morning if you like," Brian said, coming in. "I'm trying to get Khaat to agree to go look at a couple nursery schools with me this morning. We have a couple appointments at a couple of schools with good ratings for wizarding children, but she's not at all excited about it. She really has dug in her heels. she does not want Abbey to go. I think Abbey would love it. She's smart as a whip, and she loves people, but Khaat is having none of it. So I'll be here til about ten or so. So I'll cover you in the barn. I left Marcus with the task of making sure she gets in and out of the shower and dresses appropriately. She'll give us both a lot of static, but somehow he gets her to generally to cooperate with him. I'll give Robert the slugs, Jess. I'm sure he's probably the only person I know who will get excited by a jar of slugs."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:49 am

Jess chuckled and nodded " oh he certainly does get excited" she said as she ate the breakfast. " Angus , go get some extra sleep we'll cover. " she said " I can prep what you want for lunch before I make the kits in the lab." she said smiling as she moved to him placing her hand on his shoulder reasuringly. "and Im sure Kate can help when shes up with the cooking too, not like I haven't done it before." Jack stood up and carried his cup with the jar of slugs to the kitchen placing the cup in the washer he headed to the back door.

"I'll muck out the barn once I release these, yucky cretures." he said before he left the house. Jes chuckled and shook her head befoer looking at Angus.

"Go on rest" she said in a motherly tone to him. " we'll be fine, your breakfast looks magnificent."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:16 pm

"Thanks," he told them. "I appreciate it. I'll only be a couple hours." Passing Michael in the hallways, Angus went back upstairs and went back to sleep for a bit. Michael went downstairs and poured himself a mug of tea.

"Eggs benedict? What's the occasion?" Michael asked.

"I don't know that there's any occasion. I think Angus just wanted to do something a little different," Brian said.

"Well, I'm tucking into it. I like his hollandaise because he adds a wee bit more lemon than average, and I think it makes all the difference," Michael replied, fixing himself a plate. "I just passed him in the hallways, and he looked like he had been up all night."

"He was, basically," Brian said. "He forgot his sleeping potion, so we said we'd cover for him, and he went back upstairs for a bit."

"Is he really ready for this Romania trip?" Michael asked.

"Well, he really isn't ready for mountain climbing, but that's no secret. Everybody knows that. I know Robert has ordered him a heavy duty shoulder brace for the trip. I expect that will probably come today. Once that's fitted properly for him, I think we'll probably be good to go," Brian said.

"Well, and I've got several different styles of climbing harnesses, so I'll try to fit him with something that reduces load on that shoulder, but Robert is right. Fortunately or not, Angus is needed on this mission," Michael said. "We could do it without him, but it would certainly take longer and would be more difficult."

"Michael, how will we manage if he can't climb?" Brian asked.

"We go up first and haul him up, that's how," Michael said. "If he can help with his feet and his good hand, then I think we can provide enough assistance to reduce his body weight by hauling him. There are several different techniques for that, and I think we need to connect him to one of those rescue techniques every time he climbs, just as a precaution, just in case he starts out well and the shoulder gives part way up. He might never need us to haul him up, but if he needs us just once and we're not prepared, that could get exceptionally dangerous in a fraction of a second."

"Agreed," Brian said. "If worse comes to worse, I say we take a chance with our magic and levitate."

"Absolutely," Michael said. "I've never left anyone behind, and I'm not about to start now. So you think we could be ready to go perhaps as early as tomorrow?"

"Perhaps, yes," Brian said. "Even if we port to Paris, the best way to get to Romania is to take the train. Its at least 18 hours by train, but the remote we get to the mountains, the stranger the magic becomes according to Edward and Gabe. So, I say we try to take a late afternoon train with sleeping compartments, enjoy a leisurely dinner on the train, sleep there, and that would give us breakfast and lunch both on the train. We can take the train straight across Romania to the mountains on the eastern side of Romania and that would put is getting there by about supper time the next day."

"Then I think we would need an inn for that night to start fresh in the morning," Michael said.

"That was Edward's thought too. He said those mountains are not worth trying to go up into after dark. He thought we'd be best off to start at first light."

"Agreed," Michael said. "So how long would it take us then to get to where we need to go in the mountains?"

"A couple days up and a couple days back, and then back on the train," Brian said. "Weather depending, of course. Some of the distance up into the mountains, we should be able to cover by renting a muggle car. I presume we all have muggle drivers licenses, so it shouldn't be a problem. We can take donkeys for part of the way, and then the last leg up will be straight climbing to reach the mine."

"What sort of a dunderhead makes rock climbing the only access to a mine?"

"Apparently it was a muggle mine until cave-in's forced them to shut it down."

"Oh, splendid. Sounds perfectly safe to me," Michael said sarcastically.

"Wizards, remember? They've shored the place up magically, but to do that, they've had to make it rather unplottable to muggles."

"Ok, then. I'll give you that, then. So the better part of six or seven days all together for the trip."

"Right. Just about," Brian said.

"Sounds very doable to me," Michael said. "Here's a thought, though. The Oriental Express runs a route from London to Budapest. We could go first class, all the way to Budapest, hop a much shorter lesser quality train over to the foot of mountains, stay overnight at a local inn, leave in the morning to go up the mountains--which you think is going to take us a couple days due to the rough terrain, get the rock, come back down, take a train back to Budapest, and hop the Orient Express first class all the way back."

"Oh, I like the way you think," Brian said, never having thought of that before. "I think we definitely should make that happen if we can. Robert isn't going to care about the expense. He'll be fine with it. It's just a matter of seeing if there are vacancies on the train. If he agrees, I can pop into London and make the train reservations for us today."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:25 pm

Ruby stood and watched him go then listened to the others talk it wasn't helping her fear with the rock climbing and his shoulder but she knew he knew what he was dong and would be with others who would look after him. when they spoke of the rocky terain around the mine she breathed out when they spoke of the train. " I agree it sounds wonderful but..we decided I'd stay here becuse we decided that we'd try and start afamily when he comes home." she said starting to make lasagne for dinner later with a simple salad.

Jess smiled as she ate and moved to help Ruby with the salad for dinner " I agree it sounds devine a ride on the oriant express, all those beautiful views and the food to die for." she chuckled as she gathered letuce and other things.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 83 of 100 Previous  1 ... 43 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 91 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top