LONDON CALLING - Page 75
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 75 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 75 of 100 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 87 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 75 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:09 pm

Kate took out some pieces of chicken from Brian's walk in fridge, made a homemade barbeque sauce that she knew by heart, and set them aside to take them out side to grill.

"Michael!' Kate gave a shout. "Can I get you to man the grill for supper?"

"On my way," Michael replied. He arrived at the kitchen and asked, "What am I grilling?"

"Barbequed chicken," she said.

"Oh, lovely," he said, approving.

"I've got the sauce here--if you approve," she said. He tasted it.

"I wouldn't change a thing," he told her. "Alright, I'm off to the grill." He got his supplies and went outside.

"How about an ice cream pie?" Kate suggested to Ruby. "I'd make a couple of biscuit crusts, bake them , let them cool a bit, and then soften a couple flavors of ice cream. Put one flavor in the crusts, freeze the pies, maybe put a layer of jam or fruit on top of that, then add the second ice cream on top of that, and maybe garnish with a sprinkling of a few more crushed biscuits, and freeze it again to make sure both ice creams are frozen well. And, in between, while the pies are freezing, maybe you can set up the picnic area outside? There are all sorts of outdoor lanterns and blankets and things in one of the storage closets in the barn. Just help yourself to whatever you like."

Edward ported back in, and he looked tired and a bit overwhelmed. He had a severe headache, and he wasn't sure why. He came in and poured himself a tall firewhiskey.

"You alright?" Kate asked him quietly.

"No," Edward freely admitted, sitting a the table. She went over and massaged his shoulders.

"Your shoulders are as hard as rock," she said. "What happened?"

"That was one of the ugliest things I've ever had to do in my life," he said.

"Tell me?" she asked.

"They didn't believe me," he said, "my own children and grandchildren, and they didn't believe me. They wanted proof--so I gave them the only proof I had. I took my memory threads, put them in my pensieve, and I made each one of them watch. They didn't believe me until they saw it for themselves."

"Edward," she sighed, aching for him, "I'm so sorry."

"I don't want to go back there again for awhile," he said. "I have some decisions to make. Maybe its time to close the businesses or sell them off. Maybe its time my family members learned to make their own ways in the world. Right now, I'm not feeling like I owe them anything. And my heart aches for Angus. It's been just one thing after another for him. They won't get to him again, I promise. I'm going to make sure of that. I can't let hurt him even one more time. Where is Angus?"

"With Robert," Kate said. "He's decided he needs to try to take Angus underwing and get him back on the potions and off the firewhiskey."

"I've been meaning to talk to him about that. Maybe it's best Robert tries first. I can try if Robert doesn't get anywhere with him."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:20 pm

Ruby heard Kate and smiled " sounds perfect Kate" she said finishing the salad and covering it over. She saw Edward return and heard his words and gased " thats so wrong "she said moving to give him a hug to show she cared about him. " you didn't take simone with you did you?" she asked hoping to god he didn't as she would have torn them in two or been the target of their spiteful comments. As it was she wasn't too happy about them attacking Angus as they hand but at least they would now leave him alone knowing the truth.

" I wish I had been there, I would have given them what for, verbaly, but..Angus is my priority, not snarky, selfcentered, selfish people" she said accioing a glass of cool lemonade for Edward and gently placing it in his hand. " here cool off with this, he'll be in soon" she told him and went back to preping the ice cream for the ice cream pie she and Kste were making.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:43 pm

Edward hugged Ruby back when she wrapped herself around him.

"Thank you," he said. "And, no, thank goodness I didn't take Simone. She didn't need to see that, but I'm sure she would have handled it with grace. Still, they'd have been completely beside themselves if I brought a woman, much less a woman that I've proposed to."

"You proposed?" Kate asked. "Oh, Edward, I'm so happy for you. Congratulations."

The icy cold lemonade was more than a little welcome when Ruby gave him a glass.

"What a wonderful treat in such hot weather," Edward said. "Thank you. Ruby, Angus and I both know that, without question, you'd have come to my defense or Angus's either one. But I'm learning Angus has been right all along--they're not worth the energy. I won't begin to own any responsibility for the entire family falling off any sort of ethical and empathetic pathways. That is not what my wife and I raised them to be. I don't know where they went wrong, but that's on them, not me. Ruby, if you have any free time, can you help me get a handle on all the mail from the muggles about Benjamin and Eileen? We need to read them all, and I'm sure some of them will need a thank you sent to them if they've sent a gift of some sort.

"Edward," Kate said to him gently, "you've got some sort of a headache or something. I can see it in your face."

"Yes. I do," he admitted.

"I'm going to ask Robert to see to it for you when he gets back in. There is no point in you suffering if Robert can take care of it."

"I'll ask him," Edward said, "but thank you for your concern."

"Ruby, are you at a point where we can perhaps go out and get the picnic location set up? I'm at a point where I can go with you," Kate said. Robert and Angus came in the back door, and Edward got up and went over to Angus and wrapped him in a big, strong hug.

"You're alright, Lad," Edward reassured him. "It's not you. It's them, and it's going to be awhile before I go back there." Angus didn't answer him, but he was in no hurry to let go of Edward either. "They won't hurt you again. I promise."

"And I won't let you down ever again," Angus said to him softly enough that no one else could hear him. Edward let go of Angus only for a moment, long enough to take Angus' face in his hands and look him squarely in the eyes.

"Now, you listen to me," Edward said seriously, "you have never, never let me down. Not one time in your entire life. You are the joy of my life, and the only blood family I have that is worth taking a breath for. So, if it's alright with you and the rest of the lovely people here, I would like to stay with you indefinitely. Why should I be with people whom I can no longer respect when I can be with you?"

"You're serious?" Angus asked.

"If you'll have me," he said.

"If I have you? I can't think of anything I want more," Angus said.

"Then I guess its settled. You're stuck with me, Lad," Edward smiled.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:53 pm

Ruby listened to Edward and nodded " we'll get to that tomorrow2 she said then looked over at Kate " and I'll get to that right now2 she chuckled letting go of Edward and moving to the back door she stopped seeing Angus and smiled moving to him she kissed his cheek " dinner will be ready soon" she said kissing his cheek as she passed him by and headed to the picknic area. Ruby headed to the picnic area and laid out a cloth on the table then set the crockery and cutlry to its place. she smiled seeing two jugs of ice cold lemonade float out to her she placed them in the center of the table along with the covered salad. " Michael hows the BBQ coming is it hot yet?" she asked glancing over at him before heading back inside.

Once inside she smiled seeing both men hug then Edward told Angus he was not going any where. "Thats wonderful" she said smiling as she sent the bread rolls out to the picnic area. " Kate you want I should finish the Ice cream pies? or should we put toppings in seperate bowls?" she asked knowing each person had their own taste in toppings. She moved to the dinning room and picked up Abbys chair to carry out to the picnic area so she too could join them at the table.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:04 am

"Thanks for taking over for me," Angus told her. "I'm sure it's first rate. It always is."

"Chicken is almost done," Michael told her. "Just a minute or so more. By the time you get everything else out here and on the table, I'll have the chicken."

"Yes, let's do finish the pies," Kate told Ruby. "I think they'll be fine if we just garnish with biscuit crumbs. After all, it is a pie, not just a bowl of ice cream. I think they'll like it however we fix it. Oh, Robert, would you have a word with Edward before supper, please?" Robert looked at Kate and she nodded ever so slightly, not wanting to alarm Angus. Robert knew that cue well.

"Certainly," Robert said. "Let's go find somewhere more private, shall we?"

"Be right back," Edward told Angus. He went upstairs with Robert. And that left Angus, for the moment, without anything pressing. They were handling supper just fine without him, and, while that might have been distressing, Angus didn't find it that way. He took his glass of lemonade and went out and sat down in a rocking chair on the porch, just listening to the silence, hearing nothing but the birds and the sounds of whatever Michael had sizzling on the grill. It smelled like whatever it was, it was promising to be very tasty.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:29 am

Ruby smiled at michael and nodded "Thats good michael" she said back beore walking over to Angus "and its always a pleasure." she told him smiling as she kissed Angus gently. returning to Kate sher took one of the bases and made up the pie placing a light sprinkling of crumbs over its top. " is this okay?" she asked having never made one in her life." she showed her the pie and smiled seeing Edward and Robert leave she knew what it was about.

"Hes got a head ache hasn't he" she asked Kate before siging " im not suprised with the way the other family have been acting lately." she said placing the pie down on the counter" I am how ever glad he staying in the duplex next to Angus and I, I belive it takes a weight off Angus's mind." she placed her ice cream pie in the frige to serve later once the main supper was done. Before she ehaded back out she took a snakc from the jar and gave it to Fudge " don't think I forgot my favorate bowtruckle" she said smiling.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:47 am

"Perfect," Kate looked at Ruby's pie. "I couldn't have made one better myself. It looks lovely. Now, just tuck it back in the freezer til we're ready for dessert." Kate put on a pot of tea and one of coffee, knowing some people preferred tea or coffee with their pie.

"Chicken's on the table," Michael called. "Come and get it, you lot!'

"Yes," Kate answered Ruby, "He does have a headache. In the years I've known him, I haven't known him to have a headache that was strong enough that it appeared to best him. That's why I wanted Robert to see him straight away. But you're right. if he shoulders all of this and all he ends up with is a headache? Then, I think he's entitled. I just didn't mention it to Angus because I know he'll worry. I'll let Robert deal with it, if it merits it."

"Ruby, would you try to track down Abbey and Mira? I think Abbey wanted to play dress up, and if they're still there, they're in Khaat's closet. Khaat bought a pink toybox that she put in her closet and put in some things for Abbey to play dress up with. If they're not there, then I haven't the foggiest," Kate said, "but Abbey loves Michael's barbequed chicken, so I'm sure she won't want to miss it."

Robert came downstairs by himself, and Kate noticed straight off. She went into the dining room, away from Angus and everyone else, and Robert followed, knowing exactly what she wanted.

"Robert? Is Edward alright?"

"He's got a cluster headache. And he says he's never had even so much as a migraine, let alone a cluster headache. I'm going to keep a very close eye on him. I've tucked him into bed with a pain relief spell and a sleep spell. That's the only way to get past one of these things. Cluster headaches are one of the most painful types of headaches known to man, so I'm being a bit aggressive with it. It's not dangerous but it's one bloody agonizing situation. We'll save a plate for him, but I doubt he'll wake til morning," Robert said. "I'd better go talk to Angus."

"Gently, then, yes?" she said, not wanting him rattled.

"I think he'll do alright," Robert said. He went into the kitchen.

"Angus, so you know, Edward has a very nasty headache. I've seen to it, and I want him to just get some peace and quiet and some sleep. It really is nothing to worry about, but certainly this latest piece of drama that his kids and grandkids--you, not included--was a blow to him that he did not expect..."

"That's why I tried to protect him..." Angus frowned.

"I know, but he doesn't want protecting. He doesn't see keeping him in the dark as protection. He's alright. I'll keep an eye out for him..."

"No, I'll do that..."

"Lad, what did we just talk about? I need you to leave him in my hands, and you need to follow your routine, as we agreed upon. If there is even the slightest change, I'll tell you. you have my word. Now, go outside and get a plate and get some supper. I'm coming right behind you. I'm sure Ruby will be along as soon as she finds Abbey and Mira."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:55 am

Ruby looked at Kate as she spoke and sighed she knew it, his famliy had given him this last parting gift. Hearing suer was ready she smiled at Kate " alright I'll go find them" she said closing the freezer with desert inside. Heading up stairs she peeked into Edwards room and found him sleeping. She didn't desterb him and closed the door again before moving to Khaats room. " Mira, Abby suppers ready, its Michaels Barbaque chicken." she said and heard little gigles from the closet.

Opening it she smiled seeing Abby dressed in one of Khaats dresses from the box and heels " oh my I didn't know we were having company " she said chukaling " suppers ready Mira." she said picking up Abby in her arms. letting the shoes remain on the floor she carried her down to the picnic table and her high chair " were eating out side tonight so we can see the stars and the stars can see us." she pointed upward to show Abby "that one is the little dipper and that one there is the bid dipper, uncle Angus told me about those."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:08 am

Robert went outside and saw Angus struggling to put much of anything on his plate but a piece of chicken. He looked at Kate, and Kate took Robert's nonverbal cue. She went over behind Angus and scooped up his plate.

"You can't just eat a piece of chicken," she told him, putting a helping of salad and a small baked potato on his plate. He hadn't expected her to actually fix his plate, but neither had she made a huge deal of it. She had merely added some salad and a little potato. "Now, tuck into that, and give it a fair go, will you?" She went to her own place at the table nd fixed her own plate.

"They look like goggies," Abbey told Ruby.

"What looks like doggies?" Robert asked.

"Ursa major and ursa minor," Michael replied.

"Well, you're right, Abbie," Robert said. "Some people see bears, some people see doggies, some people see cooking pots." Abbey giggled, delighted that some weird people would see a cooking pot that was clearly, to her, a doggie.

"Not a pot. Silly--its a goggie," she insisted. She tucked into her chicken.

"Yum!" Abbey said, loving the chicken.

"Well, she's right. Everything is delicious," Kate said. "Well done, Michael and Ruby.

"When was the last time we all ate together under the stars?" Kate asked.

"I have no idea," Robert said. "Years. We definitely should do it more often."

"Absolutely," Michael agreed.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:17 am

Ruby sat next to Angus not sure what to say to him since his family had once again screwed with his mind. " I told Abby we ate under the stars when we were on out holiday." she said to Angus " and you showed me those stars, you remember that night?" she asked as she ate some of her potatoe with the salad. Ruby set the jug of lemonade cercling the table for empty glasses before filin them and returning to teh center.

"I have to admit the milkway looks pretty tonight you an see its colours." she said and looked up smiling before looking down at Angus her hand gently moving to rest lightly on his free one. " I checked on Edward, hes fine and sleeping soundly, with his headache he'll need it" she said softly to him. "After supper I'm going to start on those condolance letters and other things, I hope you don't mind me comendering your office for a few hours." she spoke softly to him. She knew she wanted to do her part and this was it, she would make sure each and every person would recive a thankyou gift and personalized letter from them.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 75 of 100 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 87 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top