LONDON CALLING - Page 37
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 37 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 37 of 100 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 68 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 37 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Robert Lupin Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:16 am

"Thanks. That's pretty much how I've always resolved that within myself too. I'm not the least bit ashamed to be Edward's grandson, but I am frequently ashamed to be Benjamin's son."

"I think that's an excellent thought for the day," Marcus told Ruby when she said she thought he needed some pain potion and some relaxation time."

"I can help you with breakfast," Khaat said.

Marcus and Khaat went home too when Ruby took Angus home. It felt good to get back to the farm, even though it was empty there. Angus went up to his room, and he sat down on the bed and kicked off his shoes, yawning.

Marcus poured Angus a shot of firewhiskey, and he didn't say a syllable, but he added a touch of a potion to it and swirled it in the glass.

"He'll thank me later," Marcus told Khaat and Ruby. He followed Angus upstairs. He talked Angus into letting Marcus help him out of his mission wear and into a pair of lounge trousers and a simple t shirt. Marcus didn't mess with even trying to help him do anything with the dressing on his shoulder. He did flick his fingers at the bed to turn down the sheets and he piled the pillows that Nigel had been having Angus use. Marcus gave Angus the shot of fire whiskey as Angus settled in, sitting on the open bed, leaning on the pillows. It wasn't more than a few minutes, and Angus had slipped into a sound sleep. Marcus simply pulled the covers over Angus and then took the glass downstairs.

"He's sound asleep," he told them. "He really was completely done in. I'll keep an ear out for him if you like, Ruby, but I'm sure he's just going to sleep for awhile."

"And what exactly was the potion you put in his glass?" Khaat asked, ever the alert healer.

"I might have put just a part of a dose of a dreamless sleep potion in his whiskey. He needs some sleep, but the last thing he needs is any more dreams like that one. He just needs a fitful sleep to recharge his energies. His own fatigue made him doze off. I just tried to make sure nothing haunts his sleep."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:28 am

Ruby was gratful that Marcus and Khaat had ported them home. She watched as he made Angus a drink with a bit extra when Khaat said she would help her fix breakfast she smield " thankyou" she said and moved to teh kitchen taking out some eggs she began scrambling them then cooking up bacon and sausages with hashbrowns, next came tomaotoes for any one who liked them and sauted mushrooms and finally she heated up some beans.

When Marcus came down and told her he was sleeping she relaxed " Thank you, he needs it, he was exausted and having such a narow escape too." she said continuing to make stuff for breakfast. She gathered things to make muffins and set them baking in the oven. " won't be too much longer." she told them.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:03 pm

Khaat set in to make some breakfast pastries. She made a pecan coffee cake and a couple of loaves of nut bread. One was an apricot walnut bread, and the other was an orange poppy seed loaf. While they were all baking, she stirred together a very quick apricot compote and a homemade cherry almond jam, and a homemade toasted cashew butter. She put on a large pot of coffee and a large pot of tea, and poured a pitcher of orange juice.

Marcus had gone upstairs and showed, shaved and changed while they started on breakfast. Then he had come downstairs and set up the sideboard in the dining room.

"You're welcome, Ruby," Marcus said. "It didn't take much to get him settled. I think he's have done just about anything I asked of him because he was just too tired to think anymore."

"Could you pick me some fresh tomatoes for breakfast, Marcus?" Khaat asked. "I'll do a quick grill on them since Ruby has the rest of it well in hand."

"Certainly. You want the ones in your mum's vegetable patch?"

"No, the breakfast tomatoes are in the herb garden, near the basil. She separated them out this year because they kept getting tangled up with some of the other varieties last year."

"Gotcha. Be right back," he said. He was only gone a few minutes and came back with a healthy portion of tomatoes and some fresh basil.

"Perfect," she said. She sliced the tomatoes in half, grilled them, added some olive oil, salt and pepper, a little fresh garlic, and as she plated them she added a chiffonade of basil, and some shavings of parmesan cheese over the top. The cheese melted quickly on the warm tomatoes. And then she and Marcus took platters of food to the sideboard and set them on her mother's enchanted trivets.

"I am still concerned about Angus," Khaat told Marcus as they were setting things up on the sideboard.

"He doesn't want us to make a deal of it," Marcus said, "and he doesn't want everyone to know, I think, because he's pretty closed about how he feels about things. But, he clearly thought for a few minutes tonight that he was going to die and thought there was no way out. When the steps gave way, taking him with them, he managed to snag onto a tree root and held on till I could get him. I guess, in his nightmare, he fell to his death, and he didn't remember that piece of it until the steps actually did give way. That was a part of what made him think it was over for him. The experience he had tonight, being a mere moment from what one believes is certain death, that can really mess with a bloke's head. I'll have a word with your dad after breakfast. Robert has the right to know, but he's also very good with handling these sorts of things.

"He might as well figure out that this team is close enough that everyone very likely already knows and has a right to know, but we can avoid making a deal of it. That much, we can do. I'm glad you were there for him or it might have ended badly for him. Thank you for that."

"I would never, never leave anyone in that situation, Khaat, and certainly not a teammate. No way. You can be sure of that. Didn't even enter my head as a possibility. I think those steps were purposely booby trapped to deliberately take out at least one or more of the team. Your dad is completely right. Their plan is Divide-And-Conquer. Think about it. They took out your dad at least temporarily, and Edward. They clearly took out Angus and never considered he would be along on the mission tonight. They were out to take out someone else, probably thinking that it would be someone like Brian or some team leader that would head down the stairs first. I think they were absolutely counting on taking out another member or two of the team tonight and keeping the Donohue kids."

"And they might have managed it," Khaat replied darkly.

"No, they weren't going to manage it. Your dad has trained this team to be rock solid. Things don't get by them easily. If I hadn't been there, Jack or Jessie or Brian or someone would have done exactly what I did. Whoever had ended up on that step would have had some well trained, strong backup. But your dad has to know all the facts of what happened for three reasons. First, he needs that information strategically to make an impact against Gelding's plan. And second, he needs to be able to help Angus sort it all out in his head so it doesn't continue to haunt him. Third, he needs to get Nigel to be a little less in-Angus's-face and a little more supportive. Angus will need that dressing checked, but Nigel needs to not rattle Angus's cage today. He's rattled enough without Nigel adding to it."

"If he can't do it, I can," Khaat said, "but I think Ruby could also be a huge help to Angus," Khaat said.

"Oh, definitely. Her influence with Angus will be huge. She was his first thought--his main thought. I had an idea about that. I think you should show her that spot here on your dad's farm where you and Brian and Remus used to hang out when you and Brian were kids. Ruby could maybe pack a picnic lunch for two and take Angus out there later today. Its not far from the house, so it isn't a long walk, and it really is probably the prettiest spot on the whole property. It would be good for him to see some wide open spaces and some sunshine. Even if he doesn't feel like going, he'll go because it's with her. The quicker he gets back into the things he loves about his life here, the better off he's going to be."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:21 pm

Ruby continued to cook breakfast and lay it out in the dinning room. She saw what Khaat was making and smiled "Those look good" she said to how the apricot walnut bread, and the orange poppy seed loaf looked. She kicked herself for not thinking of fresh tomatoes to add to the breakfast. She continued as Khaat spoke to Micahel about something she could not hear. She then mixed a low fat breakfast smoothie in no time. Useing a banana with other soft fruits, plus honey for a little sweetness and oats.

Wjine they were talking Ruby left and headed up to the room she shared with Angus. Opening the door she moved to sit on the edge of the bed and saw him sleeping. Bruahsing his hair from his off his face she lent down and lightly kissed his cheek. " I love you" she said softly more for her own relife that he was fine. Heading abck down she was smiling and headed back to the kitchen to finish making more smoothies.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:51 pm

"I haven't baked in awhile," Khaat told Ruby. "I've missed doing it, so today just presented an opportunity for me to get to do a little. And I bet those smoothies will disappear in short order. That's a treat we don't do very often, but I know people like them.

"You know, I'm sure you know best but if Angus's appetite is off when he wakes, why don't you make him a smoothie? In the pantry, you'll find an airtight container marked MRP--its a meal replacement powder. There's a measuring scoop inside. It's a one to one ratio. 1 scoop per 1 cup. 2 scoops into 2 cups of liquid is a nutritional equivalent to one meal. At least, he'd be getting the nutrition he needs. And its pretty tasteless, so you can mix any flavor with it. Knowing him and the way he likes coffee when he wakes up, I'd do a mocha flavor--maybe coffee and chocolate."

The others started porting in from Tuscany, and they were tired and dirty and hungry.

"Go shower, you lot, and be quick about it. Breakfast is almost ready," Kate directed. "It smells wonderful, but nobody gets into the dining room with any of that evil mill on your clothes. Go shower it all off and get down here in the next three minutes." Kate took Abbey from Brian whether Brian wanted to surrender her or not. "Shower. Go," Kate ordered Brian.

"Gam! Foods!" Abbey was cranky this morning, and she started to have a temper tantrum the minute Kate took her from Brian. Before Khaat could leave the dining room to go intervene, Robert walked over to Kate and gave Abbey a very stern look.

"Abigail," he told her in a quiet but stern tone, "you stop that this instant."

"I hungee, Papa!" she wailed right back at him, two little tears on her cheeks.

"I know, but acting like a little heathen is only going to get you in trouble. Stop yelling and use your words. Ask for what you want," he said, still quiet with her

"Foods now!" she wailed.

"You aren't starving. You just had a snack an hour ago," Robert said. "What do you say? What's the asking word?"

"Pweeeze?" she finally asked, sticking out her bottom lip in a pout.

"Much better," he said. "Alright. Now you can have some breakfast." Kate looked up at Robert trying not to show just a little smile of amusement. Abbey didn't lose her cool very often, which was really exceptional for a toddler, but she was one of the very few who weren't afraid to speak straight up to Robert when she wanted something. And that amused Kate to no end. She took Abbey into the dining room to get her a plate.

"That child is not afraid in the least to get into your face," Marcus said to Robert, amused at what he just saw.

"Not at all," Robert laughed.

"While they're showering, you and I need to talk for a moment," Marcus said. "It's important, and I don't think it should wait."

"Alright, let's go into the library, then," Robert said, motioning Marcus to follow him. They went into the library and closed the doors.

"I can't think of a thing we've forgotten, Ruby," Khaat said. "I think you and I should go join Abbey and my mother and fix our plates, don't you?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:59 pm

Ruby listened to Marcus and found the powder, mixing it up she made the moca and chocolate flavor in the tub. Sealing it she placed it in the fridge for when Angus woke and wanted food. Hearing Khaat talk of baking she smiled " well you haven't lost your touch, not one bit" she said watching Kate, Abby and Brain. She fixed a small bowl for abby and placed it on th high chair's little table.

Hearing Khaat sugest she go and eat with the others she nodded " I almost forgot I hadn't eaten myself." she said finishing cleaning up she moved to the dinning room and sat at the table. She smiled at Kate and Abby " Marcus sugested a picnic for Angus, some place quiet, i think that would be a great idea, he also sugested a place not far from the house, and its a pretty spot on the whole property."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:16 pm

"Khaat and I know the spot you're talking about," Brian said. "It was Remus's favorite spot on the property. He lived here with Kate and Robert off and on, and he used to take Khaat and I out camping in that spot. We spent a lot of time there, and a lot of nights under the stars there. It's always been one of our favorite spots for a picnic. I think that would be a great idea. I'm sure Marcus is thinking that being outside in some sunshine is a good antidote for feeling closed into some dark and evil spaces last night, and he might well be right."

The others started to come in after their showers, and they definitely looked better. Michael and Edward got coffee first and then fixed plates. Mira went straight for the sideboard and Gabe wasn't far behind her. Robert and Marcus and Nigel joined the others for breakfast, and it looked rather obvious that Robert and Nigel were now both up to date on last night's events.

"Breakfast looks splendid, Ladies," Michael told them. "Jack and Jessie better hustle or there won't be much left. We don't get a full English to tuck into that often, and after last night, it is very much appreciated. It was certainly a long night."

"I'll second that," Edward said. "I do need to go back home to Tuscany for a bit this morning to try to scramble the protection grid so it isn't so easy to penetrate."

"I can help you with that," Brian said. "And I think Jack has some experience with that too, but I'm not certain. But if we were to layer the various protection spells, it will certainly make it a lot more difficult for someone to break through. I'll go with you if Robert can spare me."

"Yes," Robert said. "By all means, we need to protect the children there, so do see to it that his protections are reset. Take Jack or whoever else it is that knows how to scramble the spells and reset them."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:33 pm

Ruby as glad Brian knew where the place was and smiled " great can you mark it for me" she asked " I want to set up the picnic so all Angus has to do is relax." she said as she ate her breakfast. Jessie and Kaden walked in with Jack and Jess. Hearing talk of a picnic Jess smiled to Jack.

"oh smells so good" Jack said taking a plate and adding some food to it along with a smoothie. Jess just took a plate of food and sat next to Jack as they listened to the talk around them " sure I'll come with" Jack said " just tell me when." Jessie and Kaden did the same and sat to eat. Now all that was left was Edward to eat. Ruby placed the bowl of food and berries infront of Abby.

"here you go." Ruby said smiling " just for you."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:45 pm

"After breakfast, perhaps?" Edward asked, filling his plate and sitting with them.

"Absolutely," Brian said.

"Oh, and Ruby," Edward said, "I peeked in on Angus when I went up to shower. I put an envelope on the dresser. It's a short letter to him from Tyler. Tyler felt bad that he didn't get a chance to talk to Angus himself when we got back with the kids, but I'm sure his letter is a thank you note to let him know how much he appreciates Angus's help. Of all his siblings, Tyler is the one that Angus seemed to get on with more than any of the others. Tyler doesn't know what happened in the mill, and maybe he doesn't need to know, but Tyler's a good boy. Well, he's 28, but at my age, he still feels like a boy to me. It's just Tyler's way of trying to let Angus know he didn't forget him."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:59 pm

Jack nodded at Edward and continued to eat as did Ruby who looked at Edward as he spoke of a letter he'd left for Angus from Tyler "yeah, Angus mentioned he was good, im just sorry I didn't get to talk to him while we were there, but I gues I'll get plenty of opertunities to meet him in the future." she said eating her food.

Jack finished his smoothie and food and headed to the kitchen with his plate " that was great, thanks Khaat and you too Ruby." he said s Jessie and Kaden finished theres too. Jess finshed hers and she too took it to the kitchen.

"I'll restock the kits and other things we used." she said heading down to the lab.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 100 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 68 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top