Fee Fi Fo Fum - Page 15
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Fee Fi Fo Fum - Page 15 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Fee Fi Fo Fum

Page 15 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fee Fi Fo Fum - Page 15 Empty Re: Fee Fi Fo Fum

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:30 am

Jess breathed out in relief at Roberts words about her back. Jack stood watching and nodded " yeah I can do that for her." he said watching as Robert applied the lotion he was surprised at hos her back looked just from the small amount in the small area.

"looks better already Jess." he said and she chuckled .

"feels a little better, now get to lotioning" she said turning her face to look at him. She saw him smile and glanced at Robert " that's great news and thanks Robert I'll keep you posted on any changes , well he will since hes doing the applying." she told him as Jack sat beside her on the bed and lightly rubbed a thin layer on her back over the scars.

"Feel better?" he asked and she sighed making him smile.

"Sooo much better." she said " remind me to get Robert something as a thank you for this." she mumbled " and your hands are like a masseuses, so please continue." Jack now chuckled and looked to Robert.

"I think its working." he said and moved his fingers " good to know the numbness will wear off."
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:41 am

"I'm glad it's helping," Robert said. "I'll give it another check after dinner tomorrow night, but I think you'll find it makes a big improvement for you. Now, while you're relaxing, I'm going to go see what my other patient's injuries look like. Have a good evening." He took his bag and left Jack to continue putting the cream on Jess's back.

He found Khaat in her room. He had actually expected to find her downstairs, but she was on her bed, with pillows back under her leg. Marcus was there, fiddling with the latch on the largest bedroom.

"Did you misbehave to get back up here?" Robert asked.

"No," Marcus answered for her. "I brought her back up here and made sure she behaved. Brian has Abbey in the bath, so I brought Khaat back up myself."

"Thank you," Robert told him. "What are you doing?"

"Tightening the latch on the window," Marcus said. "It's not tight enough for my liking. With your permission, I'm going to go around the house and put an additional layer of protection charms on the house's doors and windows, just as a precaution. If James does happen to someday make it onto the grounds, I do not want him having an easy time of it if he thinks he wants to get into the house."

"By all means," Robert said. "And I think you and Jack should go check the barn so the animals are safe, and check the guest house and the workers' cabins so we know that everyone who lives or works here will be as safe as we know how to make them."

"Of course," Marcus said. "I'll talk to Jack about it either later tonight or tomorrow after their shopping trip. Whichever happens first. I doubt he'll have any problem with securing the buildings."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23547
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:00 am

Jess lay and enjoyed the sensation of Jacks hand on her back and soon found herself fall asleep. Jack finished with the cream and went to wash his hands. As he left the room he heard Marcus talking to Robert.

"nope. I don't have a problem with that and Robert you think me around animals is a good idea?" he said " animals and I don't get along, although that horse I was on earlier was okay with me." he thought about it and smiled " okay I'll check the barn , Marcus if you want you check the house, Jess is asleep and I think that's best for her." he said
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:11 am

"Go ahead if you want," Robert told them. "By the looks of this leg, I might be here a bit."

"I'll be fine tonight, Marcus. The rest of the evening is yours," Khaat said.

"I appreciate it, but I'll rest easier if I know things are as secure as we can make it," Marcus said. "Let's go, Jack. I think we should go to the worker cabins first since we have people living in them, then the barn, and then the guest cabin since it's empty. If we check the cabins together it will go faster, and I'm sure the workers would appreciate that since they're early risers. What do you think, Jack?"

Brian finally got Abbey out of the bath and he took her to her room to read her a bedtime story and tuck her in. It was a time of day he particularly enjoyed.

Meanwhile, Robert settled in to check Khaat's leg and to set more healing spells in place.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:22 am

Jack nodded " agreed" he said " I know knowing my employer cares makes me work harder for them " he said as he walked down the stairs to the kitchen where he then headed out towards the barn.

"so Marcus, Horses, or by foot?" he asked noting his black horse was now stabled and the saddle hung over the gate ready to be used again. " so the worker cabins first"" he asked.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:31 am

"Perhaps by foot, at least for the cabins, since they're all close together," Marcus said. "I might want to take horses tomorrow in daylight sometime to set some enchantments around the guard towers. I have no idea if a transformed werewolf can climb or not. Wolves don't climb, but I don't know about werewolves. Still, I think we need to be sure that our guard towers are secure because they have such good views of the estate. We do not need James having that sort of a view if we can prevent it. I also saw an area on the map that Brian has marked out for a possible play yard for kids. I'm going to talk to him about moving that closer to the house. He's got it right on the edge of the woods, and I understand the idea of wanting shade, but still its too far away for security purposes. I'll show it to you on the map later if you want."

He headed towards the guest houses and once he explained what he and Jack were there for, they easily got access. Marcus wanted to check the latches on the doors and windows and he wanted to cast protection spells on every door, every window, and every house.

"Doors, windows, or spells, Jack?" Marcus asked.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:52 am

Jack walked with Marcus and listened to him " oh he can climb in his half transformed state" he said " were stronger that way and my brother thinks of strength all the time" he said as they drew close to the cabins " Windows and doors, spells I'm not that good with." he said and moved to check that every window was well locked and every door had the right locks and bolts or was tightly closed.

" all good here " he said as he returned to Marcus after checking the first cabin. "one down and how many left?" he asked " oh and I agree I don't have kids but that is sending up red flags in my mind, easy pickings for James or one of his pack." he added " be better close to the house, I agree."
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:59 am

"Ok," Marcus said. He cast protection spells on the windows and doors, and on the cabin, inside and out to try to make sure that the families inside were safe from dark magic or dark intentions. The family that owned the cabin were grateful for whatever extra protections they could get. They had read the evening papers that spoke of the two dead blonde women in Diagon Alley, and they were afraid. Marcus did his best to reassure them that Brian took safety very seriously and that was why they were adding additional safe guards, just to be sure everyone was safe.

"One down, and five to go," Marcus said when they left the first cabin. "I think the biggest job is going to be reassuring these families that if we can keep them safe, that we're certainly going to do that. I think if we talk to them about not going to Diagon Alley alone, that would help. That, and if they see anything, they need to say something to us. They need to tell us. Let's keep going. By the way, what do you think you're going to look for when you go shopping for Jess? And what exactly do you know about shopping for a woman, anyway?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:07 am

Jack nodded as they headed away from the first cabin. " yeah that might be good for any woman going there, not go alone and certainly not at night." he said he breathed out hearing they still had five cabins left but he knew that reassurance would keep the workers comfortable. When Marcus spoke of Jess and the weekend bet he laughed.

"Well I was going with Brian so was just going to see what he picked up, sundresses sun hats beach wear that kind of things oh and a dress for the evening." He said and sighed " but yeah I'm not that clued up where she's concerned," he admitted as they walked to the next cabin.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:28 am

"I know I haven't mentioned it, but I technically am married--technically. My wife and I have been separated for nigh onto ten years because...well, she's not interested in being a mother and definitely not interested in being my wife. She has a wandering eye for any young, rich playboy who will buy her all sorts of expensive things. I have stayed married to her because she is sometimes not herself, and she needs someone to make decisions for her." That was the kind way of saying that Evelyn wasn't always emotionally well.  He didn't blame her for it. He understood it wasn't anything she asked for, but he also knew that she sometimes needed someone she could trust to make wise choices for her until she could make them for herself again. Marcus had always been Evelyn's port in the storm, and he knew it might always be that way. They were clear with each other that they could see whoever they liked, but the marriage gave him a way to protect her when she needed it.

"At any rate," Marcus said to Jack, "its a long story. Suffice it to say that we're together for...convenience. Someday I'll explain it, I suppose. But--in that time I have learned a couple of rules about shopping for women.  First--get the bloody sizes right. If you get something too small, they kneejerk to thinking that's the size of woman you want and they believe they need to diet to accommodate you. Get the size too big, and they think you think they're fat, and they're off again to dieting. So get the bloody sizes right. Check her closet and her drawers and check them for yourself.

"If you buy underthings--you really do have to get those right. Not just sizes but also the style she likes. Nothing makes a woman more buggy than to have underwear or bras that don't fit or are uncomfortable. That's probably the cardinal rule.

"Let me give you an example. I've already sized up Khaat's closet. I need to know what sort of a woman she is and what she wears because those things can be important considerations in protcting her, especially from someone who already has designs out for her. She obviously doesn't like turtlenecks because she only has a few, and they're in black and next to her other 'mission wear' things. So I doubt I'd buy her any of those.

"She dearly loves high heels. She has piles of them, and particularly stilettos, so those would be a safe bet for her, although, they're a pain in the ass for me when a woman loves those. Women don't run well in stilettos.

"She likes shoulder bags, classically cut skirts, blouses, jeans, comfortable sweaters, and she has a lot of green things--probably because of her necklace. There isn't one ruffle in her closet. Not one, so I wouldn't bring her a blouse with ruffles. And she likes things to fit well. How they fit is important to her. She also likes Brian's shirts because she has obviously pilfered some of them. She loves shawls of all sorts, so those are safe bets. I know her sizes, and I know her perfume preferences. Check some of those things for Jess, and take notes if you need to. Take a cue about what she already has and what she likes. You'll be safe that way. Make sense?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum