OWL Divination Class - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

OWL Divination Class - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

OWL Divination Class

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

OWL Divination Class - Page 3 Empty Re: OWL Divination Class

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:01 pm

Professor Tiquelle saw that Mr. Potter and Miss Weasley had paired up and were already interpreting the shapes. She walked over towards them, to see how they were getting on with it. She hadn't heard anything that they had said so far, so she peered into the cup. She couldn't see too much from what she where she was standing, although she could tell that there was a clear sun in it, which would mean straight forward wealth or happiness. Then again, those things often come together, for some people, she thought to herself. She saw something else next to it but she couldn't see from that height.
"Ah, Miss Weasley, Mr. Potter, how are you getting alone?" she asked them, keen to hear what they had to say. She thought that Miss Weasley was going to be good at Divination, she had had a feeling about her the moment she walked in. Her aura was pulsing. Still, that may be from something earlier on or it could be temporary.

OWL Divination Class - Page 3 Qw9nLyk
~ enjoying her sixties ~ divination professor & head of hufflepuff ~ single ~ seer ~
~ biography ~ thread tracker ~

Set made by me. Want one? Accepting requests here.
Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 6601
Special Abilities : Seer, Occlumens, Apparation and Astral Projection.

http://www.zazzle.com/magicalmalteaser*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:34 am

Rose looked up and smiled at Professor Tiquelle. "Were doing great professor, I was just telling Albus what was in his cup."said Rose as she continued to look in Albus's cup. "Great wealth, but something unexpected how strange."said Rose as she looked at the cup then at Professor Tiquelle.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Albus Severus Potter Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:51 pm

"I also saw the sun in Rose's cup, but there was also an acorn.. or something.." Albus said, nervous in front of the teacher.
Albus Severus Potter
Albus Severus Potter

Number of posts : 754

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:52 pm

[[OOC: Darren is nervous in front of me!! Awww poor Darrenna...XD. Sorry, just HAD to do that XD.]]
BIC:
Professor Tiquelle leaned over and took a good look at Mr Potter's cup. Miss Weasley was quite right, there was a clear sun and a cloud, and she had got the symbolism right as well. That girl really had a talent for Divination.
"Well done Miss Weasley, yes, Mr. Potter's teacup shows something unexpected, and by the overlap in this way..." she pointed to a spot in the cup where the cloud and sun overlapped, which looked remarkably like a muggle weather symbol. "...you can tell the the surprise will lead to happiness."
Professor Tiquelle was pleased with Miss Weasley's work. She now looked into her cup, to compare it to Mr. Potter's readings.
"Ah, yes, I see a sun here. You are a lucky pair, both getting a sun today." she couldn't help commenting on everything she saw, it was a habit of hers. Not exactly the best habit for a teacher.
"Yes, that does bear a resemblence to an acorn, but not a very close one. An acorn represents unexpected gold, a windfall. If it is only slightly like an acorn this could mean either you get an expected gold, something you know about in advance or you don't get a lot, the latter being much more likely, as people generally don't expect large sums of gold. she explained to the pair, hoping that they were listening and taking in everything that she was saying. She knew how some students didn't pay attention to teachers half the time, but it did sound like these two were actually interested earlier.

~ enjoying her sixties ~ divination professor & head of hufflepuff ~ single ~ seer ~

Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:18 am

Rose nodded. "Thankyou Professor Tiquelle."said Rose smiling as she leaned over towards Albus to look at her cup and then looked back at Albus's cup. "But what about Albus's cup Professor, if he has something unexpected then how will you find out if it's good or bad?"Rose asked her.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:20 pm

[[OOC: Since nobody else is going to RP, I'll end the class in a few posts, I'll just give you guys a chance to respond.]]

Jemma listened to Miss Weasley's question with interest. She was such a curious girl. Mr. Potter didn't seem to be saying much. She assumed that he didn't have any questions.
"Well, you see how the sun and the cloud are overlapping here?" she said, pointing to the cup, repeating what she had said earlier.
"Well, as I said, this shows that the unexpected event leads to something good. This implys that it isn't necessarily a good event, but the overall outcome would be good." she explained to the students, trying to think of a good way to get them to understand it. Just then, an idea came to her mind.
"If the event was good, the sun would be almost on top of the cloud, the overlap would be so great that you may miss the cloud completely." she told the students.
"That is why often people see a slightly mishapen sun, and they assume it is something good, and they fail to see the cloud underneath it, meaning something good and unexpected." she finished, hoping that now both of the students would understand clearly. They seemed to want to learn, which was a very promising sign. These were the kind of students that would continue Divination the following year, they could do very well.

Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:43 pm

Rose nodded. "So, Albus will have something good but unexpected?"Rose asked Professor Tiquelle as she sighed in relief. She didn't want anything unexpectedly bad happening to Albus, he was her best friend she didn't want anything happening to him.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:45 am

"Well, the event may not necessarily be good, but the outcome will be good." Professor Tiquelle summarised, so that Miss Weasley and Mr. Potter would understand what she meant easily.
She walked up to the front of the class. She decided that the students had done well this lesson, and that if they worked more they wouldn't achieve anymore than they already had.
"Ok, everyone has worked really well today," she began, "I won't set any homework this lesson, luckily for you. I look forward to seeing you all again next lesson. Class dismissed."

Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top