Shippers
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Shippers Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Shippers

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shippers Empty Re: Shippers

Post by Everly Bardugo Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:21 pm

Sometimes, it's easier to make your own and let members come to you. But a lot of our members will either post things in the Character Development section [with lists for things like Enemies, Friends, romances, etc], or when they make a new app, they will just post a thread for that character.

To be honest, a great deal of our plotting happens between members via cbox, PM or other chat method, though we do encourage people to use the RP Request as much as possible.

So, honestly, it's a game of either picking a character you're interested in and contacting that member, finding their plotter or looking in the dev section. Typically we have plot pages in the RP Request section and Shippers in the Dev section. But I don't think most characters actually have shippers anymore.

As tempted as I am to suggest that everyone should be asked to make a list, those threads get very long and eventually need to be moved to a new one, and some members only want plotting for a specific character at one point or another. So we can't really require it to work a certain way.

I'm not saying that, as Admins, we won't consider making a suggestion, but we've never had a rule about that, preferring to let members be creative with how they ask for plots. Jackles has a few threads up that you might want to look at, with examples of different ways to post. I.E., post your characters, or ask for people to tell you what they need filled so you can provide hole-filling characters, etc.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2817

Back to top Go down

Post by Dom Weasley Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:01 pm

That was my pet project back when I was admin, actually. I was super big on trying to get members to post shippers and whatnot. But Addie is right. I tend to make my shipper and then post it in rp requests, directing them there. The hope is it inspires people to make their own Wink
Dom Weasley
Dom Weasley
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 246

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Everly Bardugo Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:48 pm

It hasn't been just that for a couple of years now, though. That's probably why it's hard to notice the difference. It's become a mix of both rather than just a plot or just looking for relationships. You're welcome to use both separately, though, Alyssa. If that suits you better. That's what they're there for Smile
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:01 am

I think Selwyn is working on making more specific subforums when they get time so that might help! But either way, whatever works best for you is great.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum