For Training or the Heck of It
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

For Training or the Heck of It Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

For Training or the Heck of It

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

For Training or the Heck of It Empty For Training or the Heck of It

Post by Brian Quinn Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:52 am

Brian loved to train. He was an athlete at heart. He started every day with a workout and a run.  He swam several times a week. He loved the adrenalin that happened when he stretched and ran and trained.  He had learned to love wand work because of the quickness that it demanded of him.  He had stepped away from a lot of auror field work because there was such a need to train aurors how to be not just offensive but better at defensive work. He wanted them alive, to come home to their families.  

He arrived at the large room at the Ministry that was used for auror training. He liked the smoothness of the polished hardwood floors. Made it easier to move and run.  Today, he had appropriated some old furniture and had had it set up like a large hotel lobby space. After all, there did need to be some sort of camouflage or cover, didn't there?

He took a sip from the paper cup filled with Earl Grey and then cast off his denim jacket and pushed up the sleeves on his light blue v necked sweater. He left his wand tucked into his jeans and started pushing the furniture and old flea market "lobby decorations" around so they'd be easier to use when the sparring began.
Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 636
Special Abilities : Healer, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

For Training or the Heck of It Empty Re: For Training or the Heck of It

Post by Benjamin Morgan Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:54 am

Benjamin couldn't sleep that night and it was because of everything weighing on his mind. He ran himself almost into the ground working out to try and get himself wore out enough to sleep. It worked but then he had bad dreams when he did sleep finally but it was a restless sleep. He could run on a few hours of sleep for a while and so he decided to head into work to get trained by another Auror. He wanted to be prepared against any attack on both offensive and defensive.

He grabbed a travel mug and filled it with his coffee that was really strong. He knew he was going to need it today since he planned to make sure he had a clear mind. He entered the auror training room and saw that the man he was going to be getting training from was already there. Seeing that the man was pushing things off to clear space on the floor enough to train and not end up tripping over everything. He took off his leather jacket and set down his travel mug. He went to work on helping clear room for when the training would begin and made sure it was neatly piled to one side.

He knew the man's name was Brian but he didn't know much else other than that. He came here because it was training to help be prepared against anyone. His mind drifted to his son who gave him a hug that morning because he had gotten up even though he didn't have school today. He had a little temperature and wasn't feeling well so he made sure that Jax was at home. He made sure that Kimmy knew that Jax was sick and that he needed to be cared for as best as possible. Shaking his head to clear his thoughts since he knew he had to concentrate on being there instead of stuck back at the apartment.
Benjamin Morgan
Benjamin Morgan
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Quinn Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:48 pm

Brian heard someone else arrive.  He turned and looked at him and smiled. 

"Ah. Good morning. You must be...Morgan, right? I'm Brian Quinn. I'm your trainer. Glad you could make it." He took another sip of his tea. The man looked a little sleep deprived.  He smiled, understanding. "Are you sure you're up to this today?"

As the son in law to the Minister of Magic, as well as having eight children, all under age 4, at home to care for, Brian understood sleep deprivation. Knew it well. Knew all the signs and symptoms. And, as a healer, he also knew several simple potions that helped to ease the racing mind. He'd had to learn that a long time ago. Especially if he were going to have a celebrity wife like Khaat who always had some nutjob who had his eyes on her. Brian's life rarely had a dull moment to it.
Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kace Lecium Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:00 am

After the past two weeks of being off. Kace was glad to be back to work at last, he was honestly starting to go insane. This is where he needed to be, being a Auror was his life, he couldn't give it up because he gotten hurt. Although his mind was else where the night before and he didn't get much sleep, but then again who really needed sleep? Heck that's all he did the past two weeks and was sick of it to be honest. To be honest he was sick of his own house and wanted out,it felt like a prison to him and he didn't like that feeling seeing how he was very independent.

It was training day, something that Kace felt he needed to brush up on after he was attacked, maybe he could learn some new tricks to help him next time, who knew but it wouldn't hurt to learn something new. Holding a cup of hot chocolate in his hands Kace walked into the training room taking off his black leather jacket himself setting his stuff to the side. Kace seen a older man and seen one of his fellow Aurors Benjamin before nodding at him.

Kace heard of Brian, but he actually didn't know him all that well, he guess now was a good time to do so. Although Kace been out of the game for two weeks, he was ready to get back in the game. Besides Aurors didn't stay knocked down for awhile, they gotten back up and brushed it off, that exactly what Kace was doing.
Kace Lecium
Kace Lecium
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 450

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Quinn Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:45 pm

Brian saw another man enter the training room. He recognized him from the dossier he'd received.

"And you must be Mr. Lecium," Brian said. "Good morning. I'm Brian Quinn, your trainer.  Read the report on your little skirmish. Sounds like it was nasty business. Mending well, I trust? Enough to to start to stretch yourself a little again?"

He looked at them both.  "So you know, I've had this room set up so you have some of the advantages, or obstacles, that you might well run into if you have to fight indoors. Anything in here can be either a weapon or protection, as you see fit.  Nothing is indisposable. And, since this is practice, let's not try to cause any mortal wounds, shall we? You can use your wands or your fists, whatever provides you the best advantage. I personally don't have a preference. Most wizards that are good with wands, I've found, are not quite so good with their fists, so being quick with whatever you use is an advantage. Questions?"
Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Morgan Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:49 am

"Yes sir, you can call me Benji. It's nice to meet you Mr. Quinn." He said then grabbed his coffee taking a large swallow. "Yeah I'm up for it, my son is just a little sick right now." He rubbed the back of his neck softly.

His son was just down with some stomach bug or maybe the flu he didn't quite know. He listened to what Brian was saying about what they were doing. He knew that he was good with fists but he was slightly good with his wand and wanted to get better at it. "Are we both training at the same time or is individual?" He asked curiously.

He didn't mind training with someone else, he found it better to know what the other person was capable of. He took another drink from his cup and waited for further instruction from Brian. He was ready to get started and he was excited to get started. He was good with his fists but he could use some help to get his wand work better, he was glad that they were being trained by an experienced Auror.
Benjamin Morgan
Benjamin Morgan
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Quinn Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:31 am

"I know how that goes, Morgan. Got a houseful of my own. Eight kids under four. And, we're taking care of two more that aren't quite a year.  So, that makes ten toddlers in my house. Believe me, I totally understand that," he smiled.  "If you're worried, though, drop him around at St. Mungos later. One of us will be there. We can check him out."

Morgan's question was reasonable. "I think we should just train together, and then if we want to spotlight some of the rough spots, then, we can certainly do that."

As he spoke the door opened again, and he wasn't 100% surprised to see that Robert Lupin had decided to join them.

"Morning, Minister," he grinned, knowing his father in law much too well. "Never could stay away from a good spar, could you?"

"Oh, now," Robert said casting off his jacket. He'd chosen black jeans and a black turtleneck. "Thought I might learn something."

"Oh sure you did," Brian snorted. "But you do give us even numbers now."

"Sounds good to me," Robert said. He looked at the other two. "Good morning, Gentlemen. Mind if I spar with you this morning?"
Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kace Lecium Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:09 am

Kace frowned. It seemed his little accident with the death eaters was well known, but being in the ministry field, everyone was bound to know know. "Yes sir quite nasty, luckily I got away, or else I probably wouldn't be here."said Kace. Kace laughed. "I'm more then ready sir, after being away for two weeks, I need this."said Kace.

Kace knew how to use his fists and his wand, he was quite good in muggle fighting as well as dueling, so it'll be interesting to see what someone else has up their sleeves. After all he needed as much training as he could get, and he was glad that he was getting it. He wouldn't mind if he gotten more of it, it'll help him on his future missions or if he ever gotten attacked again. Hopefully that wouldn't be the case, it wasn't a fun experience, which was probably why Brian was helping him as well as Benjamin.

Kace nodded and smiled at the minister. "Good morning sir, and not at all, we could all learn something from you."said Kace. Kace gotten out his wand and held it by his side, he looked at his fellow ministry mates, he never thought he'll duel with the minister that was a dream of his to meet him.
"Would this become a weekly or monthly thing sir or just a one time thing?'Kace asked Brian.
Kace Lecium
Kace Lecium
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 450

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Morgan Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:29 am

"That's a lot of children that are in your house." He said with a smile knowing that he would go crazy having that many in his house. "That would be great, thanks. He's just been sick for about a week now and it seems like it's just been getting worse."

"That sounds good." He said nodding he knew he'd need some help getting the rough spots out.

He looked seeing that the Minister was there and was surprised to see him.
He watched the words that passed between the two of them.

"Good morning Minster. Of course not there's a lot we can learn from you." Benjamin said with a smile. He was pumped now to see what he could learn from both men. "When can we get started?" He asked excited to get things done and get things together.
Benjamin Morgan
Benjamin Morgan
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Quinn Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:52 am

"We can meet as often as you like," Brian said. "I'm open.  Whether he shows up again..." Brian gestured to Robert, "depends entirely on how badly we beat him today."

"Trash talking's starting early, I see," Robert laughed. "Can we dispense with the civilities and just get to it? I doubt their opponents are going to bow to them in the streets."

"Fine by me," Brian said. "I say we all just pick a position in the room and see where it goes."

"Okay," Robert said.  Robert walked across the room over to the window.

"He's baiting us to try to knock him out the window, I think," Brian said to Benji and Kace.  Brian motioned them to pick whatever spot in the room they liked. Brian picked a spot over towards a corner of the room.

*ugh.  short post. Sorry, Guys!*
Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top