The Ptolemaic Queen - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Ptolemaic Queen  - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Ptolemaic Queen

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Ptolemaic Queen  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ptolemaic Queen

Post by Melissa Finnigan Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:21 pm

Tiny details. Of course he’d notice. It would be foolish to think he wouldn’t. This meant that Peter was going to get his wish. Licking her lips, Millie sat back in the chair, her fingers loosening around her glass.

She sighed and nodded.

A smirk broadened across Peter’s face and the firewhisky flowed a little bit more. The idea of black market gem stones didn’t scare Peter, either. In fact, Millie was sure his smirk had widened all the more.

She swallowed another mouthful of her coffee and nodded, continuing to listen.

“He had it for a long time,” Millie admitted readily. “But I don’t think he knows as much about it as he would like to think.”

“Let’s do that,” Peter agreed. “I think I know a place I can get my hands on some, myself.”

Millie raised an eyebrow at the man but didn’t say anything. Instead, she looked to Michael.

“Alright,” she agreed firmly. “Shall we meet back here in a week once we’ve got all that we need?”

“Sounds good to me,” Peter nodded.
Melissa Finnigan
Melissa Finnigan
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 669
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

The Ptolemaic Queen  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ptolemaic Queen

Post by Michael Tremaine Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:41 am

"Agreed," Michael said. "I'll see what I can roust up from my sources that might whet his appetite a bit." He had his mind made up that it would have to be new to the market, and either obscure, or with a provenance that was well known enough to create a hunger from the outset. 

Not that the box didn't have enough provenance of its own.  That wasn't the point. Michael wanted an ample supply of breadcrumbs to drop to lure this foul buggar away from Millie. And more--enough to set a trap if they had to. Insurance. If they didn't need it, he could just as easily get rid of it all again.

"Can you keep yourself safe for that long, do you think?" he asked her.  He well knew that Millie could fend for herself. "Can you keep yourself hidden awhile longer if you need to?"

He reached in his pocket and slid an American dime across the table to her. Sizewise, it was the smallest and thinnest of the American coins. It had made a decent portkey.

"Just in case," he told her. It would take her to an old but quiet middle class neighborhood in London, to a safehouse--one Michael didn't use very much. It was an old attic apartment with skylights that, although Michael had once loved it a lot and used it frequently, he hadn't needed it over the last several years. He kept it up, though, just in case.  Well, Michael always had a contingency plan for just about everything. Old habits died hard.
Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 646
Special Abilities : Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum