Getting some threads rolling - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Getting some threads rolling - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Getting some threads rolling

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Getting some threads rolling - Page 2 Empty Re: Getting some threads rolling

Post by Marley Harris Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:41 am

The way we've RP-ed it before is that their body is preparing for the transformation. So while their sense of smell and hearing is intensified, and their muscles begin aching, all this wolfish stuff is being confined in the human body. I remember that Ariel Greyback would be bedridden before particularly nasty transformations.

I've always considered it, forgive me, a bit like menstruation. Some werewolves get really painful pre-symptoms or really bad after effects, but there is always some indication beforehand and some discomfort after.
Marley Harris
Marley Harris
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:43 am

Perhaps this discussion should be moved to the Discussion forum? We've sort of taken over Bella's RP Request. I think we just need to have Khaat and Darren figure out an official lore regarding all of this and make it the way things work. We are trying to keep as much to Rowling's Canon as possible, and I don't remember anything about the before being painful. During and after, certainly, but I can't be sure about the earlier parts.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2817

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:44 am

hm....perhaps thats one of those areas we need to fine tune, so that everyone is on the same page, using the canon itself as our basic foundation.  the fact that several folks have rp'd it so differently is no doubt part of the confusion.  its something we definitely need to address.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23620
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobella Donohue Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:54 pm

@Elijah That would be good if Victoire and him met at a muggle medicine conference since he usually is unable to leave work completely. Neurosurgeons deal with the nervous system in the brain but they sometimes depending on the doctor do a lot of blood work. So that would work great with Elizabeth.

@Addie that sounds good to me if we can figure out a way to make it work Smile Both Nessa and Hadley sound good to me.

@Khaat I'd have to think of how he would interact with James and I'll let you know. It might take me some time to figure it out but I'll definitely let you know if i do come up with something.

It's okay Addie I was giggling the entire time I was reading all of this. All of the information in here is very useful and helpful Very Happy But if anyone else would like to kind plot with Alexander I would love to get something going Smile
Isobella Donohue
Isobella Donohue
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 1076

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:10 pm

I think we should go with him seeing her healing. It would probably create the most confusion for him, especially since she would not be out in the open during a full moon, so he wouldn't be able to see her changing or anything.

If you have the time and want to start it, you're welcome to, but I have to finish an essay and then go to class before I can do that. So it wouldn't be up for four or five hours, probably. I don't mind starting it, though, if you'd prefer.

As for Hadley, she is actually sort of wandering about Diagon Alley and things now, because she knows people who can help her get past the brick wall and everything. But maybe she is in the Leaky, supposed to meet with someone who has to cancel, and Alexander wanders in? If it's after he's met Nessa, they can talk about how weird stuff is. Or if it's before, Hadley can tell him about what she's learned. She won't know anything about werewolves yet anyway, so it wouldn't ruin the Nessa part.

If you want, this could actually be one long thread. Not sure if you'd prefer that or want to just do both.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobella Donohue Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:30 pm

That works for me with the healing part he would be surprised among other things.

The Hadley thread would work great in the Leaky, which ever is good with me. The before or after finding out about the odd things going on
Isobella Donohue
Isobella Donohue
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:02 pm

I'm just gonna send you a PM so we can figure the easiest way to organize it. Smile
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:06 am

Right, Bella, sorry.

Which thread would you like first, sweetpea? c:
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobella Donohue Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:46 am

@Addie That's fine with me, it does seem to make it easier though Smile

@Eli whichever one you wanna start with I'm not picky at all. Maybe start with Elizabeth?
Isobella Donohue
Isobella Donohue
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:31 pm

No problem! The only thing is ... where/how would they meet? The best idea I have is her breaking into his hospital.
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top