Exploring the city {open} - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Exploring the city {open} - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Exploring the city {open}

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Exploring the city {open} - Page 2 Empty Re: Exploring the city {open}

Post by Vanessa Wendorf Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:14 am

Alex couldn't help but smile at her words, "Then please don't stay on my account Miss. York. I don't want to keep you from wherever it is you are heading." He said looking at her then got up to stretch his legs. He couldn't help but laugh when she said that she knew that she was beautiful and that she wore the dress purposely. "Well there can be things said about a woman who knows she's beautiful..." Pretending to think about those things then he said, "Well I can't say I know them."

"Yes I like to draw but I was only here sitting down to finish my drawing then I was going to be on my way." Alex said looking at a bird settle down on a branch then fly away a few moments later. "What does my aura say about me?" He shoved his hands into his pockets of his jacket as he relaxed his upper body.

"No I don't sit here all day watching people, since I've been in the city I have been on vacation. Except when your a neurosurgeon you tend to get work calls about certain things and I have to look at x-rays on your vacation." He said as he sat back down on the bench. "I have a lot of things that could occupy my time but with how busy I've been since before I came here I've never had free time. Sometimes being a doctor means that your constantly keeping your hands busy doing something."
Vanessa Wendorf
Vanessa Wendorf
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Post by Alana York Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:58 pm

It was typical for Alana to put suitors off with her confidence, as many women would gracefully thank a man for acknowledging their beauty. Those women, perhaps, do not know their own beauty, and they certainly don't know how to utilize it. Lana, however, knew exactly what she was doing. She grinned slightly at his comment, it was rather amusing seeing a man struggle for flirtatious words which are seemingly a second language for them. "Well, I suppose I appreciate you trying. But compliments aren't necessary." She didn't need a man, or a woman, to tell her what she already knows, it soon becomes an annoyance.

"There's a difference between first-impressions and then knowing what a person is about. But I can tell you that you're quite the charmer; you must get laid a lot." She knew that to be a fact, and that was one thing that they had in common, except Lana was the opposite of a charmer on a normal day, though flirting came easily to her when she wanted it to.

Alana wasn't too familiar with Alex's field of work except that he worked with medicine. She didn't care to ask him to explain, since she was sure it was something a muggle would know about, and she did not know if he was a muggle or not. Given the current circumstances with the Death Eaters, she did not want to have that conversation unless wholly necessary. "So, you chose a place like this to go on holiday? Kind of drab, don't you think? I would have chosen somewhere far better than this, somewhere classy and upscale would be fine." She looked at her watch to check the time, it was only half-past noon- too early for even Alana to go to the bar.
Alana York
Alana York
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 991

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanessa Wendorf Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:03 pm

Alex was trying to not laugh completely and looked at her amusement in his eyes. "I suppose your not good at sarcasm here are you?" He asked still amused by what she thought he was trying to actually find the words. "I know plenty of things they saw about beautiful woman Miss. York. The only one I listen to is that beauty isn't about having a pretty face. It is about having a pretty mind, a pretty heart, and most importantly a beautiful soul." He said as he looked away and at the trees as well as the people in the park.

"I don't know whether to take that as a compliment or an insult." He said laughing looking at her. "I tend to be charmer because of my job. I need the people I do surgery on to trust me with everything. I don't want them to think that I'm some whack job doctor who wants to play with their head."

"Well it's the only place in the world I haven't been to yet. So yes I came to this place that you call drab. I've been to every classy upscale place you can think of and I've felt out of place there. I may be rich but most of my work that I do is with people who are far poorer than I." Alex said as he grabbed his notepad tucking it into his jacket. "Since it's getting close to noon, I'm going leave you and grab something to eat. Have a pleasant day Miss. York." Alex said as he gave her a small bow as he walked towards one of the entrances to the park. Stopping a few feet away he pulled out his camera turning around smiled as he snapped her picture. Tucking it back in his pocket turned back around to start walking again.
Vanessa Wendorf
Vanessa Wendorf
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top