Princess Pariah [open]
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Princess Pariah [open] Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Princess Pariah [open]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Princess Pariah [open] Empty Princess Pariah [open]

Post by Lily Luna Potter 1st gen Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:01 am

She shouldn't have come.

She knew that. Lily Potter was the school pariah - she knew it, she didn't mind it, she had accepted it. She had spent almost the entire day lying in bed reading while all of her dormmates ran about, yanking tights and dresses on, magically curling and sleeking hair, helping each other with their makeup and nails. Twice, Lara Engels had scurried over and timidly asked Lily if she wanted any help and then was she sure she did not want to go to the Ball?

Lily had declined and Lara had continued on, doing her own thing. All of the other girls filtered out, leaving Lily alone to silence. Five minutes had not gone by when Lara suddenly came back in, looking flushed. Lily sat up.

"Lara?"

The girl shook her head. "I can't do it. All of my friends look so good and are with their boyfriends, and I'm just going with my brother's mate Collie. No, no, no, I can't do this." She picked her nails. "Can I stay here with you?"

Lily blinked. "But it's your last year."

Lara nodded. "I know. And... And I'm still a nobody. I just feel worthless, okay?"

Lily stared at her for a long time and then sighed. "Would you go down if I went with you?"

Lara's face transformed rapidly, from anxiety, to confusion, to hope, to distaste. "Wait... Dressed like that?"

- - -

It wasn't the fanciest dress, but they had stolen it out of Ellie Franklin's trunk, so beggars couldn't be choosers. It had fit, and Lily had pulled on tights and a pair of Lara's black heels. Lara had quickly pulled Lily's hair up in a cute updo, thrown some makeup on Lily's thin face, and the two had made it downstairs in time for the second dance. They entered the room relatively unnoticed, while Lara clung to Lily's arm. Two months ago, Lily would have said Lara was just another girl she went to school with. But being awkward and uncertain seemed to have brought the two unlikely Gryffindor's together and it was at least comfortng to know that Lily had Lara to depend on-

"Lara?"

An awkward, but handsome man of about nineteen was standing in front of the two of them, in nice clothes and dress robes. He blinked and smiled, looking absolutely surprised as he pushed his hair back. "Wow, you look great!"

Lara beamed. "Thank you, Collie!"

"Do you want to dance?"

She nodded eagerly and released Lily, turning to her. "Thank you!" she whispered, hugging Lily, while the brunette's arms dangled at her side. And soon, Lara twirled off, feeling like the belle of the ball in the arm's of her brother's best mate.

And Lily was left in the middle of a ball she had never wanted to attend. She blinked a few times and scratched the back of her hand, letting out a sigh.

Where was the alcohol?
Lily Luna Potter 1st gen
Lily Luna Potter 1st gen
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 431

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum